Search the best hotels in Kep
An intriguing coastal area close to the Vietnamese border, Kep has long been famed for its fabulous sunsets, delectable crabs (don’t miss the chance to sample Kep’s well-known crab dishes and other local specialities whilst you’re in town) and old-school glamour. Although now more laid-back and low-key, this part of Cambodia still boasts some superb accommodation options, fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Whether you’re dreaming of a fun-filled family holiday or a design-led romantic retreat, our pick of the best places to stay in Kep has it all.
Hikers and mountain bikers should make a bee-line for the lush jungles of the Kep National Park, which teem with wildlife and fluttering birds. Winding trails lead to ruined wats and pagodas, striking lookout points and rugged hilltops. The Protected Mangrove Forest is also fascinating, and worth exploring with the help of a knowledgeable guide. Those more tempted by activities out at sea can kayak, paddle board, sail, dive or snorkel in azure waters. Fishing trips are great fun, as are early morning excursions to the town's vibrant Crab Market! Many of the best places to stay in Kep have private stretches of beach of their own, but the most stunning sands are to be found on Rabbit Island, which is a 30-minute boat trip away.
The Best Places to Stay in Kep
- Veranda Natural Resort is a collection of charming Khmer style bungalows, but with modern interiors and private terraces. The spa offers traditional Cambodian treatments, and there’s a restaurant serving both Western and Asian meals. Large rooms with extra beds, plus a kids' pool make this a fun choice for family holidays.
- Samanea Beach Resort is made up of 12 modern ocean-facing villas with light, airy interiors and quirky design features. Families will appreciate the beachfront setting, the lush gardens and the easy access to stacks of activities. Lovely.
- Knai Bang Chatt is a gorgeous boutique hotel for fans of intimate indulgence. Sleek interiors channel elements of minimalism, with well-chosen objets d'art and lovely views. The infinity pool and delicious cuisine complete the picture. A luxurious honeymoon favourite.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Sihanoukville International Airport or to Phnom Penh International Airport, and journey around three hours by road or rail to Kep. Speak to your hotel in advance if you'd like to arrange an airport pick up.
- It's brilliant to have the independence of your own transport if you're comfortable driving in Asia. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Temperatures hover around 28-31°C for much of the year, with the heaviest rainfall expected in April and October. Travel between November and January for slightly cooler temperatures and plenty of sunshine.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Sihanoukville.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Cambodia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kep
Best Hotels in Kep
Veranda Natural Resort Kep, Kep 19 rooms from £81Families - Private villas, multiple swimming pools & a great kids club make this property ideal for the whole familyWildlife Area - The Kep National Park is bursting with natural beauty, and home to fascinating birds and wildlifeLocal markets - The vibrant Crab Market makes for an enjoyable visit - they are what Kep is known for!Value chic - A friendly, well-priced choice with plenty of classic charm
Comprised of wooden Khmer style bungalows with modern interiors, exposed stonework and private terraces. There is a spa offering traditional Cambodian treatments and a restaurant serving Asian and Western dishes. A choice of pools and bars for adults and 'The Happy Hut' for the little ones. See More
Samanea Beach Resort Kep, Kep 12 rooms from £92Great walks - Stroll along your own private stretch of beach, which includes a jetty for boat trips & watersportsWildlife Area - Take a day trip to the Bokor National Park for guided wildlife tours in stunning surroundingsFamilies - Private villas and a whole host of activities make this an ideal holiday base for all agesBeach Life - A laid-back spot for a beach break in Kep, on Cambodia's striking coast
A collection of modern villas, ideal for families, with a private beachside location. Light and airy rooms feature exposed brickwork, billowing four posters, modern bathrooms and ornamental design quirks. They include lounging and dining areas. Plus lush gardens and a private beach. Divine. See More
Knai Bang Chatt Kep, Kep 18 rooms from £143Great walks - Strolls around the local farms and historic temples are fascinating; guided village walks are easy to arrangeSailing - Head to the Sailing Club for lessons or day trips across the azure waters to nearby islands like Koh TonsayCity Style - A chic, design-led getaway for well-heeled coupels with stunning minimalist interiorsBeach Life - Bask in the sunshine at the hotel's private stretch of beach on Chhak Kep BayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Adhering to the philosophical ideas of Wabi-Sabi, this hotel delights in simplicity. Earthy tones and clean lines define its design-driven aesthetic, but there’s nothing understated about the sensational crimson sunsets that light up the sky. Sink into the pool-side sofas and let the world pass by. See More