Search the best hotels in Phnom Penh
About Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh, Cambodia's buzzing, bustling capital, offers plenty to intrigue, fascinate and delight its visitors. With accommodation ranging from simple guesthouses to luxurious boutique hotels, there’s no shortage of superb spots to relax after a day of exploring – and something fit for every traveller’s budget. Whether you’re envisaging an indulgent spa or are keen to kick back in chic, minimalist surroundings, our pick of the best places to stay in Phnom Penh has got you covered.
This is the Asia that many dream of visiting: from crowded markets and fabulously flavoursome food to traditional golden-roofed palaces and magical Mekong views. Visit the Royal Palace and the National Museum, take a cruise along the Mekong, admire classic French boulevards and marvel at glorious Khmer temples, including beautiful Wat Phnom. Cambodia’s thriving present is all the more impressive given the country’s tragic recent past, a glimpse of which can be seen through the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Choeung Ek Memorial, both of which detail the horrors of the brutal Khmer Rouge regime (1975 - 79).
Phnom Penh — and Cambodia more broadly — has reemerged full of wonderful surprises. Discover tiny eateries, chic restaurants, hip bars and independent boutiques that showcase local crafts and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Phnom Penh’s blend of turbulent history, ancient culture and enduring resilience makes for a seriously spell-binding modern city. Our pick of the best places to stay in Phnom Penh promises a top-notch spot to immerse yourself in all that this remarkable city has to offer.
The Best Places to Stay in Phnom Penh
For Boutique Chic
- Plantation Urban Resort & Spa promises a fabulous fusion of old and new, with elegant rooms and suites featuring big beds topped with crisp white linens and touches of burnt orange. Private balconies overlook the idyllic palm-fringed swimming pool. Very romantic.
- La Rose Suites is a luxurious little hotel with antique wooden four-posters in tranquil bedrooms. Two-bedroom apartments with kitchens are great for families staying in the city. A saltwater pool, soothing spa and wonderful restaurant complete the picture. Superb.
- The Pavilion boasts an enviable location, just 100 metres from the Royal Palace. Two pools are framed by four restored villas, offering well-appointed rooms with bright pops of colour and striking patterned tiles or lovely antiques. A chic boutique choice, bursting with Cambodian charm.
- iRoHa Garden Hotel & Resort is a tranquil spot with 25 minimalist rooms and suites in lush gardens, just beyond the bustle of the city centre. A design-led spot set in a 1960s villa, the hotel showcases work by local artists, as well as offering a superb spa and swimming pool for relaxing. Boutique bliss.
For Riverfront Views
- The Bale offers eighteen luxury suites, a gorgeous river-facing pool and terrific restaurant, set on the banks of the mighty Mekong. Unwind in a serene oasis of modern Asian design — and book one of the Riverfront Suites for spellbinding views.
- The Amanjaya Pancam Hotel is a beautiful heritage spot nestled between the banks of the Mekong and the Tonle Sap. Think lots of warm polished wood, white and cream linens and a sense of timeless style. Families will appreciate the capacity for extra beds in larger suites. The rooftop bar offers striking views or Sisowath Quay and the city.
For Timeless Luxury
- Raffles Hotel Le Royal first opened in 1929, and has become a Phnom Penh icon. Recent refurbishment has yielded sophisticated, elegant interiors with airy suites, chic bars and gourmet cuisine. A sensational luxury hotel.
- Rosewood Phnom Penh is an impressive luxury hotel on the upper floors of the swish Vattanac Capital Tower. Expect slick, minimalist yet timeless interiors in the 175 rooms and suites, many of which also boast big bathtubs and expansive city views. An icon in the making.
For Great Value
- The Blue Lime Hotel boasts airy rooms with bright, bold touches of colour, a gorgeous tropical garden and a pool perfect for cooling down on sticky days. The National Gallery and Royal Palace are just a short walk away, making this an excellent value spot for city explorations.
- Rambutan Resort is a revamped 1960s villa in the popular BKK1 district. With a pool set in leafy gardens and bright, airy rooms, this is a very reasonably priced city base for groups of friends seeking a spot with a lively, sociable atmosphere.
- The 252 is a welcoming oasis with 19 large, contemporary rooms, some of which have space for families. The pool and garden are ideal for unwinding after a day of exploring, and the restaurant serves a range of Western and Khmer dishes. A great value choice.
- Okay Boutique Hotel boasts opulent Khmer-style decor with big wooden beds, polished wooden floors and romantic lamps hanging in the restaurant. Stylish and central, with more of a classic feel, this is a reasonably priced spot for those looking to immerse themselves in Cambodian design.
For an apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Phnom Penh city centre is just seven kilometres from Phnom Penh International Airport. Hop in a taxi or speak to your hotel to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Alternatively, contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The weather in Phnom Penh is hot and sticky throughout the year. Travel between November and March for slightly cooler climes. September and October are the rainiest months — bring umbrellas and expect to shelter in cafes if travelling at those times!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to see the best places to stay in Siem Reap.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Cambodia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Phnom Penh
Best Hotels in Phnom Penh
The Bale Phnom Penh Phnom Penh (Sangkat Bak Khaeng) 18 rooms from £121Romantic Break - Beautiful contemporary suites in a restful riverside setting, perfect for a romantic break near the cityCooking classes - Excellent Khmer cooking classes offer a chance to hone your culinary skills with an expert chefHideaway - Nestled on the banks of the Mekong River, this is a relaxing oasis close buzzy Phnom PenhYoga - Regular complimentary stretching and aerobic classes are offered at the gym
The 252 Phnom Penh 19 rooms from £51Value chic - An affordable business or leisure choice with a friendly feel, a swimming pool and modern roomsCooking classes - Learn to cook traditional Cambodian dishes at La Table Khmere - speak to the hotel team to bookCycling - Cycling tours through thr verdant countryside with Grasshopper Adventures are wonderfulFamilies - Family rooms wiht additional beds for little ones are perfect for holidays together
Since 2010 this Swiss-owned hotel has nestled in a calm oasis, bordered by a leafy tropical garden, cosy cabanas & an overflowing pool. The 19 rooms are spacious, airy & contemporary, with polished wood furnishings & pool views. Extra beds & a relaxed vibe make this a top choice for families. See More
The Blue Lime Hotel Phnom Penh 23 rooms from £51Sights nearby - The hotel is located in a quiet alley just behind the National Museum & the Royal Palace - both fabulous landmarksLocal exploring - A stylish, modern hotel in a superb central location, perfect for exploring on foot or by bicycleLocal markets - Stroll to buslting Kandal Market, just 450m away, to peruse stalls heaped with food and souvenirsValue chic - A stylish, affordable stay with bright rooms centred around a saltwater pool and restaurant
This 4-storey hotel is notable for its use of concrete and silk. The effect is modern and airy. Rooms are capacious with all the desired mod cons. Found down a quiet alley behind the National Gallery, the verdant tropical garden and luxury pool to the rear are a treat. Laze in a cabana, or head out! See More
Okay Boutique Hotel Phnom Penh (Sangkat Chey Chumneas) 40 rooms from £55Local exploring - Within walking distance of the Royal Palace, as well as myriad shops and restaurants, this is a classic city baseValue chic - A budget-friendly hotel close to the main sights, this is a great value pick for couples, friends or familiesGreat walks - Speak to the team about guided walking tours of Phnom Penh for an insight into Cambodian cultureCooking classes - Delve into Khmer cuisine with friendly cooking classes using fresh local ingredients
A luxurious, yet extremely affordable hotel in central Phnom Penh. The spa, pool, views, balconies, restaurant and proximity to the best attractions make this hotel hard to fault. Rooms are large and airy, with comfy beds and wooden furnishings in the classic Khmer stlye. See More
The Pavilion Phnom Penh 36 rooms from £77Honeymoons - A charming boutique base in the heart of the city, ideal for honeymooners seeking classic charm & private plunge poolsCycling - Hop aboard the hotel's bikes to discover the city on two wheels - private tours are also great funSights nearby - Visit nearby Wat Botum and the Royal Palace for an insight into Cambodia's rich historyLocal exploring - Situated right behind Wat Botum & the Royal Palace, this is a dream spot for explorersRecommended by - CN Traveller
An iconic Cambodian boutique hotel, The Pavilion is housed in four lovingly restored colonial-era buildings. Expect wooden four-poster beds topped with crisp white linens, big windows & plunge pools in the best suites. A romantic gem just 100 metres from the Royal Palace. See More
Rambutan Resort, Phnom Penh Phnom Penh (BKK1) 19 rooms from £78Value chic - A friendly, great-value modern choice near the centre of the city, complete with a refreshing saltwater poolLearning - The hotel has a strong eco-ethos and partners with community initiatives; speak to the team to get involvedRomantic Break - Book the Penthouse Suite to enjoy own private rooftop terrace with hot tub & city viewsSights nearby - A 10 minute stroll from the Royal Palace and Sisowath Quay
The Rambutan is a newly revamped 1960s villa complete with pool, tropical garden, spa and reputable restaurant in the desirable BKK1 district. Gay-friendly, fun loving, filled with contemporary art; the vibe is good and the rooms are chic, modern, airy and simple with sleek marble floors. See More
iRoHa Garden Hotel & Resort Phnom Penh (Sangkat Tonle Bassac) 25 rooms from £78City Style - A wonderful example of South East Asian architecture from the 1960s, restored to create a stylish & romantic hotelGreat walks - Guided city tours are a wonderful way of soaking up the food, architecture & culture of Phnom PenhRomantic Break - A romantic hotel set in a characterful villa, complete with a swimming pool, spa & verdant gardensLocal markets - The famous Russian Market is just half a mile away, and a brilliant spot for souvenirs
A blissful hideaway for those seeking to put a bit more distance between them and the main hubbub. iRoHa offers a haven of peace with its lush tropical garden, overflowing pool, intimate cabanas and extensive spa therapies. Individually designed rooms range from the Colonial to the Urban. See More
Plantation Urban Resort & Spa Phnom Penh 70 rooms from £78Spa breaks - Unwind in the Plantation Spa's private jacuzzi, steam and sauna rooms after a theraputic treatment using traditional techniquesHotel Entertainment - The hotel hosts cultural performances and creative events as well as a range of excellent regular exhibitionsOther Activities - Enjoy expert-led photography tours of the city with Nathan Horton, honing your skills whilst exploringHideaway - A romantic, elegant hideaway in the heart of the city, with the sense of a secluded oasis
One of Phnom Penh's larger hotels, The Plantation is elegant & modern, and boasts one of the best pools in the city. Come for romantic rooms with big cosy beds topped with burnt orange bedspreads, offering private terraces, city views & a top-notch spa. A fabulous fusion of old and new. See More
Amanjaya Pancam Hotel Phnom Penh (Corner Street 154) 21 rooms from £90Close to nightlife - Expect lively bars and eateries within easy reach of the hotel, ideal for a fun nigth out with friends in this buzzy cityCity Style - A stylish city pad in a lively area - perfect for experiencing the best of Phnom Penh's daytime & evening sceneFamilies - Families will appreciate the excellent location and flexible room options with cots and extra bedsSights nearby - Wat Ounalom, just metres from the hotel's front door, is not to be missed!Recommended by - I Escape
Right on the banks of the Mekong River, this chic hotel is a trendy base for exploring Cambodia's capital. The 21 smart suites boast polished wood, cream & white linens & uninterrupted city views from private balconies. Sip cocktails on the rooftop or discover stunning Wat Ounalom, just metres away. See More
La Rose Suites Phnom Penh (Sangkat Tonle Bassac) 25 rooms from £164Families - Two-bedroom suites with kitchenettes are ideal for family trips to Cambodia's buzzy capital - as is the kids' poolMuseums - Visit the National Museum and the sobering Tuol Sleng Museum, both within easy reach of the hotelTotal relaxation - Kick back at the spa or in the swimming pool after days of walking and cycling around the cityGreat walks - Stroll to the city's landmarks with a knowledgeable guide to discover Cambodia's rich past
A luxurious choice close to the Independent Monument. Take long soaks in the saltwater pool before complimentary massages or rejuvenating spa treatments. Families will adore the two-bedroom suites with private kitchens, whilst couples can enjoy characterful suites with four-poster beds and terraces. See More
Rosewood Phnom Penh Phnom Penh (Cambodia) 175 rooms from £236Romantic Break - Romantic rooms offer chic minimalist interiors and expansive city views from their elevated positionCity Style - A hugely luxurious city hotel for well-heeled travellers on business or leisureSights nearby - Speak to the team to arrange morning visits to Wat Phnom, including a blessing from one of the temple's resident monksGreat walks - Guided walking tours showcase the city's street art scene and its plethora of quirky 20th Century architectureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A stunning luxury hotel housed on the upper floors of Phnom Penh's swish Vattanac Capital Tower. The 175 elegant rooms & suites offer slick, minimalist interiors with indulgent bathtubs & magnificent city views, perfect for well-heeled romantics. A tremendous addition to the city's hotel scene. See More
Raffles Hotel Le Royal Phnom Penh (Daun Penh) 175 rooms from £211Foodies - Restaurant Le Royal and Le Phnom 1929 serve gourmet French and Khmer dishes, perfect for foodiesWeddings - A magical venue for a grand wedding, held in the lush gardens or the opulent ballroomCooking classes - Join the chef for fabulous cooking classes, honing your knowledge of Khmer flavoursLocal markets - Fill your bags with local produce and souvenirs at the bustling Central MarketRecommended by - Fodors
A grand combination of colonial architecture & slick Art Deco interiors, this 1929-built hotel oozes Old World luxury. Come for the glamorous design, stay for the craft cocktails and the gourmet fare. An iconic hotel, harking back to a bygone era with sophistication and charm. See More