Search the best hotels in Phnom Penh
About Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s buzzing, bustling capital, offers plenty to intrigue, fascinate and delight its visitors. With accommodation ranging from simple guesthouses to luxurious boutique hotels, there’s no shortage of superb spots to relax after a day of exploring – and something fit for every traveller’s budget. Whether you’re envisaging an indulgent spa or keen to kick back in chic, minimalist surroundings, our pick of the best places to stay in Phnom Penh has got you covered.
This is the Asia that many dream of visiting: from crowded markets and fabulously flavoursome food to traditional golden-roofed palaces to magical Mekong views. Visit the Royal Palace and the National Museum, take a cruise along the Mekong, admire classic French boulevards and marvel at glorious Khmer temples, including beautiful Wat Phnom. Cambodia’s thriving present is all the more impressive given the country’s tragic recent past, a glimpse of which can be seen through the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Choeung Ek Memorial, both of which detail the horrors of the brutal Khmer Rouge regime (1975 - 79).
Phnom Penh — and Cambodia more broadly — has reemerged full of wonderful surprises. Discover tiny eateries, chic restaurants, hip bars and independent boutiques that showcase local crafts and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Phnom Penh’s blend of turbulent history, ancient culture and enduring resilience makes for a seriously spell-binding modern city. Our pick of the best places to stay in Phnom Penh promises a top-notch spot to immerse yourself in all that this remarkable city has to offer.
The Best Places to Stay in Phnom Penh
For great value
- One Up Banana Hotel offers suite-only accommodation in a superb location. The lovely rooftop terrace is a real highlight and prices are very reasonable.
- The Blue Lime Hotel boasts airy rooms with bright, bold touches of colour, a gorgeous tropical garden and a pool perfect for cooling down on sticky days. The National Gallery and Royal Palace are just a short walk away, making this an excellent value spot for city explorations.
- The Quay is a chic, minimalist design hotel with 16 rooms clad in soft, earthy hues. Think swish bathrooms, good food, a rooftop hot tub and great value.
- The Sangkum is an intimate villa with just 12 cosy rooms and a laid-back vibe. The pool is fringed with verdant greenery, and the open-sided restaurant is ideal for hearty breakfasts or crisp glasses of wine in the evenings. Well-located — just 5 minutes from Wat Phnom — and well-priced.
- Rambutan Resort is a revamped '60s villa in the popular BKK1 district. With a pool set in leafy gardens and bright, airy rooms, this is a very reasonable city base.
- The 252 is a calm, Swiss-owned oasis. The hotel’s 19 spacious, contemporary rooms are set within a great garden with a pool, bar and restaurant. Value chic!
- TEAV Boutique Hotel is a cool fusion of Khmer aesthetics and post-industrial design. Cool off in the pool, sip cocktails at the bar, and relax in a trendy minimalist spot. Great value.
For City Smart
Villa Langka boasts stylish rooms featuring chic Cambodian decor. Verdant gardens, a shady pool and cosy sitting areas create a smart hideaway vibe.
The Teahouse is an inviting urban bolthole with stylish red and white Asian-inspired rooms. Sip an afternoon brew (there are 30+ teas to choose from), unwind at the spa, or explore celebrated street 240, just moments away! One for tea lovers & those looking to get stuck into little independent shops.
iRoHa is a blissful spot beyond the hustle and bustle of the city centre. A lush tropical garden, peaceful, minimalist rooms, a pool and spa facilities, ensure a wonderfully relaxing getaway.
The Plantation is an urban oasis hidden behind the Royal Palace. Larger than many other Phnom Penh hotels, it offers elegant rooms, two gorgeous pools, and a soothing spa. The stunning courtyard is a real highlight!
La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa fuses contemporary design with French colonial touches in ten grown-up rooms. Book here for a fabulously friendly atmosphere.
La Rose Suites offers dark wooden antique furnishings in smart, spacious bedrooms.This luxurious spot also features a saltwater pool, a wonderful restaurant, and complimentary massages. Superb.
The Okay Boutique Hotel boasts opulent Khmer-style decor with big wooden beds, polished wooden floors and romantic lamps hanging in the restaurant. Pick this place for a smart, stylish and central stay.
- The Kabiki is a child-friendly haven, tucked down the same street as the Prime Minister's house. Lovely, airy rooms boast four-poster beds and stacks of space, there’s a dedicated kids’ pool, a fenced-off garden area for little ones to play, and a fun kids’ menu!
- The Bale offers eighteen luxury suites, a gorgeous river-facing pool and terrific restaurant, set on the banks of the mighty Mekong. Unwind in a serene oasis of modern Asian design — and book one of the Riverfront Suites for spellbinding views.
For river views
- The Amanjaya Pancam Hotel is a beautiful heritage spot nestled between the banks of the Mekong and the Tonle Sap. Think lots of rich reds and warm wooden furnishings promising timeless style. The rooftop bar offers striking views!
- The Bougainvillier Hotel is a quirky spot on the Sisowath Quay, a short stroll from the Royal Palace, the National Museum and the Night Market. Pick this spot for lovely riverside views, a relaxed vibe and traditional Khmer wood-and-silk style.
- Circa 51 is a chic little property with simple rooms and a stunning pool owned by a Pakistani-Australian couple. The Pakistani food is fabulous!
- The Governor's House oozes colonial charm, with elegant rooms decorated in a soothing palette of white and cream. Pick this place for the gourmet restaurant and extensive wine selection.
For colonial charm
- Raffles Hotel Le Royal offers a grand combination of colonial architecture and Art Deco style. This iconic hotel promises the luxury of a bygone age, plus lively bars and haute cuisine.
- The FCC Phnom Penh is a lovely colonial villa conversion right on the riverfront with wonderful views of the water and the city rooftops. Think period furnishings, parquet and marble floors in nine pared-back bedrooms. An historic spot, the FCC has a long legacy of being abuzz with foreign journalists congregating in the lively restaurant for boozy evenings. The restaurant remains popular!
- Villa Paradiso is a beautiful white-pillared mansion with characterful interiors. Pick this spot for four-poster beds topped with crisp white linens, sumptuous bathrooms and a leafy garden with a pool, perfect for cooling down.
- The Pavilion boasts an enviable central location just 100 metres from the Royal Palace. Two pools are framed by four restored villas, offering well-appointed rooms with bright pops of colour and striking patterned tiles or lovely antiques. Bursting with Cambodian charm!
For an apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Phnom Penh city centre is just 7 kilometres away from Phnom Penh International Airport, and most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup.
- Alternatively, contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The weather in Phnom Penh is hot and sticky throughout the year. September and October are the rainiest months — bring umbrellas and expect to shelter in cafes if travelling at those times!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to see the the best places to stay in Siem Reap.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Cambodia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Phnom Penh
Best Hotels in Phnom Penh
The Bale Phnom Penh Phnom Penh (Sangkat Bak Khaeng) 18 rooms from £121Hideaway - Nestled on the banks of the Mekong River.Designer - Contemporary Asian Design.Boutique - Just 18 sumptuous suites.Swimming Pool - Riverside swimming pool.
One Up Banana Hotel Phnom Penh (Beung Keng Kang I) 14 rooms from £30Value chic - This property offers exceptional value for money with rooms from just $40 per nightCity StyleSights nearby - 7 min walk to the Independence Monument. 10 min drive to Sisowath Quay & the famous Royal Palace.Outstanding location
This trendy suite only accommodation offers exceptional value for money. Albeit no restaurant and pool, but there is a lovely terrace with views of the city, a bar lounge area and modern, capacious rooms with hints of Khmer art and style. Not to mention the uber cool location in the BBK1 district. See More
The Sangkum Phnom Penh 12 rooms from £43Value chic - Unbeatable value with standard rooms from just $55 per night.Local markets - Just a 10 minute walk from both the Old Market and the Night MarketSwimming Pool - Oudoor pool surrounded by tropical greenerySights nearby - 5 minutes from Wat Phnom
This intimate little villa offers a more personal experience of Phnom Penh. Enjoy a glass of wine with the Italian owner, or laze by the pool after a long day's sightseeing. The spacious rooms are simple but tasteful, with vintage furniture, cool colours, tiled floors and poster-adorned walls. See More
Rambutan Resort, Phnom Penh Phnom Penh (BKK1) 19 rooms from £43City Style - Modern Asian style complemented with beautiful handcrafted furnitureSights nearby - 10 minute stroll away to the Royal Palace and Sisowath QuaySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
The Rambutan is a newly revamped 1960s villa complete with pool, tropical garden, spa and reputable restaurant in the desirable BKK1 district. Gay-friendly, fun loving, filled with contemporary art; the vibe is good and the rooms are chic, modern, airy and simple with sleek marble floors. See More
The 252 Phnom Penh 19 rooms from £43Value chicCity StyleSights nearby - Quay Sisowath, the Royal Palace, the Central Market and the National Museum are within 5 minutes drive by tuk tukCooking classes - Highly recommended by the hotel - they can help with selecting the correct one and with booking
Since 2010 this Swiss owned hotel has nestled in a calm oasis, bordered by a leafy tropical garden, cosy cabanas and an overflowing pool. The 19 rooms are spacious, airy and contemporary, with furniture of polished wood. The better rooms offer pool views. Sip on a poolside cocktail before dining in. See More
The Kabiki Phnom Penh 18 rooms from £43Families - The spacious fenced off garden makes an ideal space for children to play, and there's a special baby pool for little ones.Child friendly - The Kabiki prides itself in being a top choice for families, especially with younger childrenValue chic - With standard twin rooms only $55 per night, you can't go wrong!Spa - Located @ The Pavilion (sister hotel) 2 mins away
The Kabiki, a child-friendly haven, is tucked away down the same street as the Cambodian Prime Minister's house. Rooms are simple, with an abundance of white linen, wooden four-posters, and hints of lime green running through. There is a children's pool, and organised activities on offer. See More
The Pavilion Phnom Penh 36 rooms from £47Sights nearby - Situated right behind Wat Botum, the Royal Pagoda and close to the Royal Palace and Riverside.City Style - The Pavilion embodies "colonial chic"Swimming Pool - Two pools (one in the sun and one in the shade) plus four private plunge poolsRestrictions on childrenRecommended by - CN Traveller
The definition of a Cambodian boutique hotel, The Pavilion can be found in an old colonial style building. Come for wooden four posters, big windows, crisp white linen and tasteful decor. Located just 100 metres from the Royal Palace, why not hop on a hotel bike and explore! See More
Villa Langka Phnom Penh 48 rooms from £47Hideaway - Though you're in the centre of town, once inside it feels a million miles away with the pretty garden and pool.Sights nearby - 200m from the Cambodian Independence Monument and opposite the Wat Langka pagodaDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Identifiable for its class, style and comfort among the onslaught of new hotels springing up around Phnom Penh, Villa Langka stands out. Its lush pool, verdant garden, capacious rooms and stylishly minimalist interiors with touches of Cambodian features offer a great place to stay in a central spot. See More
The Blue Lime Hotel Phnom Penh 23 rooms from £51Sights nearby - The hotel is located in a quiet alley right behind the National Museum and the Royal Palace.City StyleSwimming Pool - Salt water outdoor pool. For something really special book one of the four rooms with a private plunge poolRestrictions on children - Children must be 16 or over.
This 4-storey hotel is notable for its use of concrete and silk. The effect is modern and airy. Rooms are capacious with all the desired mod cons. Found down a quiet alley behind the National Gallery, the verdant tropical garden and luxury pool to the rear are a treat. Laze in a cabana, or head out! See More
The Quay Phnom Penh 16 rooms from £51Lively - Hip and happening.Outstanding locationLocal markets - Good for local colour.SpaRecommended by - CN Traveller, I Escape
This chic little hotel invites an escape from the bustling Sisowath Quay. Its sixteen minimalist rooms, all cut from the same cloth, have teak panels and floors, sleek black and white contrasts, plus frosted glass. Come for swish bathrooms, good food and a dip in the hot tub on the roof! See More
Circa 51 Phnom Penh (Daun Penh) 10 rooms from £53Traditional - former 1960s residence of Princess Bopha Devi (half-sister of present Cambodian king and a celebrated classical dancer)Sights nearby - located in the popular Street 240 area, it lies just a 15 minute walk from the Royal Palace and National MuseumOutstanding locationLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Chic little hotel with B&B vibes. Rooms are simple with wooden touches and retro furnishings; set in a 1960s villa. Owned and run by a Pakistani-Australian couple, whose restaurant serves Pakistani food. Come for a relax away from the hubbub, good food, a kind welcome, and a pool to die for. See More
The TeaHouse Phnom Penh 52 rooms from £53Value chic - Chic spot in the centre of town where doubles start from just $68 per night B&B.City StyleSights nearby - walking distance of the capital's historical center: the Royal Palace, National Museum and RiversideLocal markets - Half a mile to the famous Central Market
This relatively new tea-themed urban bolthole exudes hints of contemporary Asian style, whilst honouring the past. Fast becoming a favourite in Daun Penh, in the alleys behind celebrated street 240. Come for the afternoon tea (choose from 30 types of tea) and rooms where red and white schemes reign. See More
Okay Boutique Hotel Phnom Penh (Sangkat Chey Chumneas) 40 rooms from £55Sights nearby - Nestled behind the Royal Palace and the National Gallery.City StyleTraditional - Traditional Khmer styleSwimming Pool - Outdoor rooftop pool
A luxurious, yet extremely affordable hotel in central Phnom Penh. The spa, pool, views, balconies, restaurant and proximity to the best attractions make this hotel hard to fault. Rooms are large and airy, with comfy beds and wooden furnishings in the classic Khmer stlye. See More
The Villa Paradiso Phnom Penh (Daun Penh) 14 rooms from £55Value chic - This kind of luxury doesn't come much cheaperHoneymoons - Special honeymooners package available.Spa breaks - Plenty of indulgent spa packages.Spa - 5 wooden spa cabins await guests arranged around the pool. Spa menu ranges from traditional Khmer massages to beauty treatments.
A converted colonial mansion house, walking distance from some of Phnom Penh's top attractions and home to a popular cafe and indulgent spa. Rooms are spacious and feature traditional furnishings, four poster beds with white linens and modern bathrooms. There is a tropical garden and pool. See More
The Governor's House Phnom Penh (Boeug Keng Kong) 12 rooms from £80Foodies - Boasting a fantastic restaurant with excellent wine selection.City Style - Explore the city from the most dignified of residences.Local markets - The Russian Market is a great place to pick up gifts and souvenires.Sights nearby - The National Museum, within easy reach, is a fascinating visit.
In a stately part of town lies this former Governor's House. Behind its colonial exteriors are chic rooms decorated in muted palettes and black and white photographs plus modern bathrooms and espresso machines. There is a gourmet restaurant with an extensive wine collection and an alluring pool. See More
iRoHa Garden Hotel & Resort Phnom Penh (Sangkat Tonle Bassac) 25 rooms from £78City StyleSights nearby - 5 min drive to the Royal Palace and Riverfront Park. 10 min walk to The Independence Monument.Spa - iRoHa Spa offers treatments to rejuvenate mind, body and spiritLocal markets - The famous Russian Market is just half a mile away
A blissful hideaway for those seeking to put a bit more distance between them and the main hubbub. iRoHa offers a haven of peace with its lush tropical garden, overflowing pool, intimate cabanas and extensive spa therapies. Individually designed rooms range from the Colonial to the Urban. See More
The Plantation Phnom Penh 70 rooms from £78Architectural - The hotel buildings originate from both the colonial era and the Khmer styleSights nearby - Located directly behind the Royal Palace. Walking distance to the Royal Pagoda and National Museum.Swimming Pool - The outdoor is one of the best in the city.Lively - Hip and happening.
One of the larger hotels, with one of the best pools (yet still bang in the middle of Phnom Penh), The Plantation oozes decadence and modernity, despite being housed in both Khmer style and colonial era villas. Come for elegant muslin draped wooden four-posters, views, and a top notch spa. See More
TEAV Boutique Hotel Phnom Penh (Boeung Keng Kang I) 12 rooms from £87City Style - So modern, it's post-modernValue chicSights nearby - National Musuem, Royal Palace and Night Market are 5 minutes’ drive from the hotel.Local markets - Good for local colour.
This unique hotel fuses traditional Khmer aesthetics with contemporary post-industrial style, materials, and balance. The 'Teav' concept is embedded in Cambodian culture; a historical title associated with great hospitality. The rooms are minimal & monochrome, with hollow chalk sketches on the wall. See More
Amanjaya Pancam Hotel Phnom Penh (Corner Street 154) 21 rooms from £90Sights nearby - Historical sites, museums and galleries all very close by. Wat Ounalom is about 20m from the front door.Local markets - Don't miss the local Russian market!Outstanding locationLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - I Escape
Right on the banks of the Mekong river, this chic hotel offers a trendy base while exploring Cambodia's capital. The wooden beams, dark browns and moody reds combine to give a flavour of effortless style. Head to the roof bar for a drink with a view, or jump on a hotel bike to explore Wat Ounalom. See More
La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa Phnom Penh 10 rooms from £98City StyleSights nearby - Just minutes away from major city attractions such as Independence Monument, the Royal Palace and the National MuseumViews - Of the cityRomantic - Good for couples.
La Rose successfully combines contemporary design with touches of French Indochina to produce real comfort - dark wooden four-posters, with matching furniture & frames. Moody reds slice through the monochrome theme in the form of pillows and throws. Total relaxation is on the cards in the fab spa. See More
FCC Phnom Penh Phnom Penh 9 rooms from £98Views - Deluxe rooms have views over the MekongLocal markets - Good for local colour.BoutiqueSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Colonial villa conversion in the riverfront district where parquet & marble floors reign. Colour schemes are simple; browns, whites and beiges complement the wooden furniture and large windows. Come for a more intimate experience in the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh. No pool, but good food. See More
Bougainvillier Hotel Phnom Penh 23 rooms from £101Sights nearby - 3 min walk to Royal Palace, National Museum and Night Market.City StyleTraditional - Designed in the classic Khmer style of silk and wooden furnishings.Outstanding location
Set along Sisowath Quay's waterfront, minutes from the Royal Palace, National Museum and Night Market, the hotel boasts stunning views of the Mekong. Designed in a classic Khmer style, four poster beds nestle among silk and wooden furnishings. Enjoy the pool, sauna and the great hive of activity. See More
La Rose Suites Phnom Penh (Sangkat Tonle Bassac) 25 rooms from £164City StyleSpa - Traditional Khmer massage and other techniques are available as well as scrubs, foot spa sessions, bath treatments and moreSights nearby - 900 yards from the Royal Palace, 1 mile from Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum & the Riverfront ParkDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A more expensive option in the Cambodian capital, but well worth it. The divine salt water swimming pool, tasty restaurant, private cooking classes and complimentary massage all add to the luxurious ambiance. Inspired by French Indochina and the grandeur of Angkor Wat, the rooms are wooden chic. See More
Raffles Hotel Le Royal Phnom Penh (Daun Penh) 175 rooms from £211City Style - Phnom Penh's grand dame oozes colonial charm and luxury.Lively - The bars on site stay open long after everything else closes at sundownSwimming Pool - 2 swimming pools surrounded by frangipani-lined tropical garden.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
A grand combination of colonial architecture & slick Art Deco interiors, this hotel speaks of Old World luxury, with a price tag to match. Come for the glamour, stay for the cocktails, Le Royal Restaurant, and a trip down Phnom Penh’s memory lane. Raffles is rightly a hotel to be reckoned with. See More