Search the best hotels in Lunenburg
A UNESCO designated World Heritage Site, Lunenburg is one of Canada’s most scenic locations. Set right up against the water, this fishing town is steeped in tradition. The best places to stay in Lunenburg are never far from the many craft industries based in there, from barrel making to blacksmithing to sail making. This town may be small, but the friendliness and generosity of the people will still take you by surprise.
What Not to Miss
- Seafood and Lunenburg are synonymous. Scallops, lobster, crab, mussels, fish and chips: you name it, they have it.
- The harbour front is one of the most well-preserved examples of Atlantic Canadian architecture. Owners are prevented from changing the style of their houses so the historical look has been painstakingly preserved. Take a horse drawn carriage ride and revel in the multi-coloured glory.
- Visit the Blue Nose. This schooner, often docked at Lunenburg waterfront, is featured on the Canadian ten-cent piece and is a nationally famous sail boat. Tours are available on board.
If small town charm is what you seek, let the Guru’s choices guide you along to the best places to stay in Lunenburg for scenery, food and culture.
Best places to stay in Lunenburg
For a B&B
The Addington Arms B&B is located in the old heritage section of town and has excellent views of and access to the waterfront and the main shopping promenade. The four rooms are traditional in style and prices start from a very reasonable £76 per night
For a traditional Inn
The Lunenburg Arms is also centrally located and offers twenty four comfortable, traditional rooms.- think polished wood floors and antique style furnishings. For something special book one of the loft suites - one has gorgeous harbour views, the other boasts an oasis bathtub for two!
For an apartment
- If you think that an apartment or studio suits your needs, then explore the selection with our online partner Booking.com.
- Summer is the time to visit Lunenburg. Although the months of July and August can be busy, most facilities close or have limited hours for the winter.
- Fly to Stanfield International Airport, 113km (70 miles) to the north east. Public transportation is available, but having your own vehicle is much easier.
- For car rentals, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Lunenburg.
- Expand your search to include all our Nova Scotia recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lunenburg
Best Hotels in Lunenburg
Addington Arms B&B Lunenburg 4 rooms from £76Value chic - A beautiful heritage builiding, with charming and well thought out rooms, offering views of the sea- at a reasonable price!Hotel Entertainment - Grab a bottle of wine and enjoy an evening in, the chic rooms offer wine glasses and cockscrew as well as comfortable seatsGreat walks - Explore the picturesque Old Town Lunenburg, a UNESCO heritage site filled with orginal 18th century woodern architectureLocal markets - The waterfront, just minutes away, offers many restaurants, cafes and artisan shops
Lunenburg Arms Lunenburg 24 rooms from £81Great walks - Enjoy long and scenic coastal walksFishing - Fishing excursions can be arrangedViews - Some rooms offer views of the seaSeaside - Port town
This small hotel is set in the charming seaside maritime town of Lunenburg, which is a designated UNESCO world heritage site. It offers stunning views of the sea, lovely sea walks, and local restaurants serving locally caught fish. It also has its own in-house restaurant and extensive spa. See More