Search the best hotels in New Brunswick
About New Brunswick
New Brunswick can be unfairly overlooked as people head to neighbouring Prince Edward Island or Nova Scotia. More fool them. They are missing out on one of Canada's unspoiled wildernesses; a playground of rivers, coastal islands, pine forests, mountains, beaches and pretty-as-a-picture villages, making it a great place to go for outdoors-y folk, nature-lovers, bird-watchers, hikers and bikers! As well as outdoor adventures, New Brunswick offers friendly cities with theatres, galleries and French-influenced shops and restaurants. And, because the province is not huge, the best places to stay in New Brunswick let you mix outdoor adventures with city fun.
What not to miss
- Head to Sackville Waterfowl Park for a spot of puffin, Blue heron and Bald eagle spotting.
- Visit the Bay of Fundy and go whale-watching. Afterwards, see some of the amazing rock formations down in the bay itself.
- Go sunbathing on Parlee Beach!
- Hike, bike, ski or kayak through Mount Carleton Park or Sugarloaf Bike Park.
- If you're in Fredericton, the capital, check out the Beaverbrook Art Gallery!
- Immerse yourself in the region's history at the ew Brunswick Museum in the port city of St. John.
- Walk around the Kingsbrae Gardens of St Andrews-by-the-Sea.
- Take a trip to Campobello Island to visit the Roosevelt Campobello International Park whose chief attraction is the arts-and-crafts-style cottage where the future President grew up and later regularly visited.
An enchanting region of wilderness, New Brunswick is as beautiful as it is unspoilt, a playground for nature-lovers, hikers and bikers. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in New Brunswick!
The best places to stay in New Brunswick
- The Kingsbrae Arms is a beautifully restored property dating back to 1897 in the pretty seaside town of St Andrews. Elegant rooms offer a raft of original features, plus four poster beds and balconies. The food is gourmet and all ingredients are locally sourced.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Toronto, and get a flight to Fredericton.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the foliage glows bright and the weather is perfect for outdoors-based activities. During this time, the temperature ranges between 15 and 29 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in New Brunswick
Kingsbrae Arms St Andrews, New Brunswick 10 rooms from £137Kayaking - St. Andrews offers a wealth of sea kayaking experiences under the direction of professional, courteous guides.Birdwatching - Visit Campobello Island for some magnificant bird watching.Restrictions on children - Children older than 12 years are welcome.Full of characterRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A beautifully restored 1897 B&B in the historic seaside town of St Andrews. Elegantly decorated rooms feature a range of features such as original paneling, beautiful fabrics, four poster beds and private balconies. The gourmet cuisine uses only locally sourced organic produce. Simply charming! See More