Search the best hotels in Ontario
Ontario has some of Canada's biggest areas of wilderness yet is also the country's most cosmopolitan state. How can this be? Because it's huge. Larger than France and Spain combined, it has acres of forests, miles of empty hiking trails, dozens of towering waterfalls and over 250,000 lakes. Yet over a third of Canadians also live here, most in either state capital, Toronto, or Ottawa, the country's capital; both vibrant cities. The best places to stay in Ontario make the most of either its cosmopolitan cities or its wild beauty; sometimes both.
What Not To Miss
- Top of the 'natural-beauty' sights has to be Niagara Falls, easily visited in a day-trip from Toronto, though we'd recommend you stay in either Niagara by the Lake or Niagara Falls itself if you want to overnight.. But the state boasts other spectacular waterfalls. Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park, for example, near the vibrant city of Thunder Bay in the south-west, has 40-metre high falls. South-western Ontario is also the area to head to for freshwater beaches, watersports and fantastic bird-watching.
- Ontario has dozens of Provincial Parks to satisfy outdoor adventurers. Killarney Provincial Park is considered to offer some of the world's best kayaking with over 50 lakes, while hikers may prefer Mississagi Provincial Park, north of Elliot Lake, with its mix of hemlock forests, aspen woods, sandy beaches and empty back country. Equally, Quetico Provincial Park is a wild and empty destination with over 2000 lakes, hiking trails through forests and towering cliffs, plus cross-country skiing trails. Good bases for outdoors adventurers include Wellington on Lake Ontario, Kemble on Lake Huron and Port Carling on Lake Joseph.
- Ontario's cities offer a striking contrast to the wild beauty of the back country. State capital Toronto's iconic sight is the soaring needle of the 533-metre-high CN communication tower with its revolving restaurant and stunning views.
- Equally stunning is Casa Loma, a massive architectural confection of battlements and turrets built at the beginning of the 20th century as the private home of a wealthy financier.
- Other sights include the downtown Distillery District of warehouses converted into galleries, boutiques and restaurants, the Victorian St Lawrence Market with over 50 speciality food stalls, and the Royal Ontario Museum of Natural History. Scarborough Bluffs Park gives stunning views over Lake Ontario while Kew Beach is great for a stroll.
- Ottawa is no less exhilarating with Parliament Hill's Victorian architecture, the striking-looking National Gallery and the contemporary-designed Canadian War Museum. Leave plenty of time to explore the Canadian Museum of History, full of hi-tech exhibits tracing the country's history. It also includes a 3D IMAX theatre and the excellent Canadian Children's Museum.
One thing's for sure, the best places to stay in Ontario guarantee you will always have plenty of things to do, right on your doorstep.
The best places to stay in Ontario
For a lakeside location
- On the shores of Lake Ontario, the contemporary, chalet-style Drake Devonshire in Wellington, offers 13 chic, light-filled rooms, some with balconies, and all with glorious views. Dine outside or in, borrow a bicycle to explore or just relax on the outside decking.
- With just 10 rooms, The Inn at Cobble Beach is deliciously hidden-away overlooking Georgian Bay on Lake Huron. Rooms are contemporary-classic, plus there’s an indoor pool, spa, gourmet restaurant and next-door golf course.
- On the shore of Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a traditional, white, clapboard inn set amongst gardens - where you can dine in summer months - with on-site tennis, watersports and walking trails. Rooms are light and fresh plus there’s a spa and Jacuzzi.
- Great for families, overlooking Lake Niagara, Oban Inn & Spa is a delightful hotel that marries excellent service with a warm, friendly atmosphere. The rooms are elegantly furnished and are adorned with tasteful artwork. Spend an afternoon exploring the lake on a bicycle or relax in the spa. A lakeside gem.
- With plenty of activities, Arowhon Pines is a rustic chic resort in the centre of Algonquin Park on the shores of Little Joe Lake. Cabins feature a range of hand-painted french style furnishings, fireplaces and private lakeside patios. All inclusive meals are served in a hand-hewn log dining room. A totally off-grid wilderness escape!
For the Niagara Falls
- Activity-lovers will enjoy White Oaks Resort & Spa with its nearby golf course, indoor pool, gym and acres of gardens. Rooms are fresh and modern and there’s a spa plus choice of restaurants.
- The homely and traditional Pillar and Post offers large and comfortable rooms plus an outdoor pool, spa and All-American-style restaurant. Plenty of boats take guests to the Falls or you can stroll along the lakeshore path.
- Perfect for a relaxing retreat, Sterling Inn & Spa's proximity to Niagara Falls and nature gives this contemporary spa cum Inn the edge for die hard explorers or mini-breakers. Modern rooms with sizeable baths and luxury products. Chef Cory Linkson whips up seasonally inspired dishes paired with the famous regional wines.
- Old Mill Toronto is a boutique getaway nestled in the Humber Valley surrounded by walking trails, parkland and the tranquil sound of the Humber River. Classic rooms and suites surround a garden and courtyard. Popular Home Smith Bar hosts live jazz music and the 300-guest restaurant menu is loved across town.
- Le Germain Maple Leaf Square is a city hotel with sharp, chic style. Modern rooms provide all the mod cons: rain showers, music and DVD players, tea and coffee making facilities and access to the hi-tech gym. Lobby Lounge offers tapas and cocktails to get the evening started.
- Well-located for Niagara Falls, Inn on the Twenty is set in a charming village in Twenty Valley making this boutique the perfect country getaway. Fireplaces complete the homely rooms, along with bookshelves and arm chairs. “On the Twenty” adopts the farm to fork approach and whips up local cuisine matched with a cellar full of regional wines.
- Harbour House: Sunset over Niagara-on-the-Lake leaves a warm glow on this red brick mansion with stunning waterfront views. Fireplaces and light interiors make the modern rooms homely. Breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the lake. HobNob Restaurant and Zees Grill are both walking distance.
- Set beside Lake Ontario, Shaw Club is an elegant small hotel offering exceptional service, prime location and a fabulous restaurant. Large, contemporary rooms are a great base for your days of exploring Lake Ontario, local history and vineyards. Only gourmet dishes can be expected from the Zees Grill, a casual atmosphere enjoyed by all.
For a city break
- In the centre of downtown Toronto, close to sights and restaurants, the Baldwin Village Inn B&B offers terrific value-for-money. Rooms are light, crisp and minimalist, and on sunny days you can breakfast in the courtyard.
- In the heart of downtown Ottawa, the Arc Hotel offers sophisticated styling and a perfect location; sights and restaurants are all walkable. Rooms are boutique-chic in pale, neutral tones plus there’s a gym and concierge service.
- Fashionistas will love the Thomson Toronto, perfectly placed in the centre of Toronto’s fashion district. Stylish and groovy with sleek bedrooms, a rooftop bar and pool - terrific city views - and an underground club, it’s the place to see and be seen.
- For old-school glamour, head to Toronto’s Windsor Arms Hotel, a grand 1920s red-brick hotel with a glittering, modern-European interior of chandeliers and leopard-print sofas. Rooms are reassuringly grand and classic, with panelling and wood floors; some even have pianos.
- The Ivy at Verity is an 1850s chocolate factory, home to an award winning restaurant, four enchanting rooms and a spa in downtown Toronto. Unique and vibrant, the luxurious rooms capture original features with marble bathrooms. The old fashioned meets the contemporary in the restaurant decor, a popular spot with locals.
For a lively property
- The Gladstone is a red brick Victorian building turned art-centric boutique in the bustling cultural district of Toronto. Each artist-designed room offers an aesthetically pleasing and luxurious stay. Grab a table at Melody Bar, enjoy the live music and seasonally inspired dishes.
- Excellently located, Le Germain Toronto's chic, sharp stainless steel and glass exterior, lead in to a library come espresso bar reception area. Expect views, gadgets and luxurious linens in the rooms. The French cuisine served at Chez Victor is the cherry on the cake as it gains recognition across town with its pull of regulars.
- The lively, Shangri-La is a chic five star hotel between downtown Toronto's Financial and Entertainment Districts. Plush rooms with an elegant oriental twist, enormous marble bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. The luxurious on-site spa and trendy bars and restaurants follow the eastern theme. Oozing opulence and style
- Excellently located, Hazelton Hotel is a high end boutique home of plush interiors, indoor pool and spoil-yourself-spa. Sizeable rooms boast city views, fine linens and all the mod cons. One restaurant pulls the locals in with its exquisite menu, cocktails and a great atmosphere. Enjoy a film in the cinema room, or relax at the spa.
- With everything from cooking classes to hiking trails, Langdon Hall Country House is a spectacular 1902 five star hotel and spa nestled in the Carolinian forest. Tastefully decorated suites with original sash windows, fine fabrics, feather and down beds and antique furnishings. Award winning restaurants serve gourmet dishes paired with fine wines. Classically stylish.
- Well-located, Four Seasons Toronto, the renovated flagship Four Seasons stands tall over Victorian mansions overlooking Lake Ontario. Luxurious large rooms with city views, plush linens and bathroom treats. Café Boulud offers global cuisine. Both business and leisure guests meet at Dbar over delicious cocktails.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a diverse range of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Toronto Pearson International Airport located 26km (16 miles) from Toronto with a wide range of International flights.
- Alternatively, travel by train to and round Ontario with rail links across the region and to the U.S.
- If you want to rent a car to explore this diverse and beautiful region - for prices and booking visit our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to August for typically pleasant weather, ideal for enjoying all the outdoor pursuits the area has to offer.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Ontario
White Oaks Resort & Spa Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 200 rooms from £60Sights nearby - See one of the seven natural wonders of the world - Niagara Falls. Avaliable to see from the skies with a helicopter trip.Great walks - Use the river as a guide and explore the area by foot.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Wineries, a rolling golf course surround this luxury spa and business hotel. Crisp linens, fireplaces and modern amenities in all rooms. Award-winning Chef Michael Price heads the fine dining at LIV, or a more casual affair at Play Urban Café. A modern affair close to natural beauty. See More
Inn on the Twenty Jordan (Ontario) 27 rooms from £68Great walks - Take a picnic along the Bruce Trail and the Niagara Escarpment and find a spot to dine while looking over the waterfalls.Sights nearby - Do not miss the majestic Niagara Falls.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
Charming village in Twenty Valley makes this boutique the perfect country getaway. Fireplaces complete the homely rooms, along with bookshelves and arm chairs. “On the Twenty” adopts the farm to fork approach and whips up local cuisine matched with a cellar full of regional wines. See More
Harbour House Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 31 rooms from £88Great walks - Awarded the prettiest Town in Canada Award. A good enough reason to explore it by foot and capture it all.Local markets - Local markets area a great way to explore any town. Check with reception for dates.Back to Nature - See one of the natural wonders of the world.Sights nearby - Head to the marina for a buzzy atmosphere.
Sunset over Niagara-on-the-Lake leaves a warm glow on this red brick mansion with stunning waterfront views. Fireplaces and light interiors make the modern rooms homely. Breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the lake. HobNob Restaurant and Zees Grill are both walking distance. See More
Baldwin Village Inn Toronto (Ontario) 6 rooms from £74Local exploring - Location is key here, right in the centre of town surrounded by great restaurants, within walking distance of the main sights.Groups - Perfect for groups to take over and enjoy the personal home touches of the Inn keepers.Sights nearby - Learn about the textile industry at the aptly named Textile Museum of Canada.Local markets - Walking distance is Kensington Market for a vibrant afternoon of city life.
All Suites Whitney Manor Kingston, ON (Kingston) 5 rooms from £98Other Activities - The manor is just minutes from the centre of Kingston, take a tour of the sights and learn about its historyLocal markets - Ontario's oldest and longest running market is located in Springer Market Square, just a short walk awayTheatre - The Kingston Grand Theatre offers a range of ballet, comedy, musical, and modern danceFamilies - The large and spacious self catering apartments are ideal for a family gatheringRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This historic Manor house is nestled in beautiful gardens, just minutes from Kingston. The self catering suites vary from charming to spectacular, with chandeliers, private balconies and indulgent bathrooms. This is the perfect base for exploring the 1000 Islands National Park. A real gem. See More
Pillar and Post Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 122 rooms from £99Sights nearby - The name is in the title, do not miss the famous Niagara Falls.Great walks - Waterfront trail connecting Niagara-on-the-Lake with the FallsFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
Niagara-on-the-lake is one of Canada's gems, and this luxury hotel is the perfect place to enjoy nature's wonders, local restaurants and wine. Large, classic style rooms look onto the pool. The Cannery Restaurant offers an all-American menu throughout the day, before or after your spa treatment. See More
The Gladstone Toronto (Ontario) 37 rooms from £99Sights nearby - Be sure to pick up a personalised Queen West district map from reception and explore the area with recommendationsLively - Hip and happening.Full of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Metro London, ON 20 rooms from £99Total relaxation - A place to unwind and allow yourself to be pampered. Slip on your plush bathrobe, order gourmet cuisine and run a deep bathOther Activities - Budweiser Gardens, the home of the London Knights hockey team is right next door- try to catch a game while you're in townHotel Entertainment - Time for a cosy night in, enjoy the spa services and the top notch food on offer at Blu Duby Restaurant & BarValue chic - A thoughtfully designed boutique hotel, with every comfort and necessity at a totally reasonable price
A funky and design orientated boutique hotel in London, Ontario. Sleek contemporary loft style suites offer walk-in rainfall showers and soft as satin sheets. The wide ranging and adventurous menu at Blu Duby Restaurant & Bar will not disappoint, and neither will the in house spa! A stylish choice. See More
The Red Coat Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £78Sights nearby - Walking distance to National Historic sites such as: Laura Secord’s Homestead, The Mackenzie Printery and The Brock MonumentGreat walks - Hike, jog, or bike along one of the many trails including the Bruce Trail which begins at the base of the drivewayViews - Choose from a mountain or garden view. The large porche offers a view of the Niagara RiverLocal markets - Good for local colour.
An intimate, historic house with Victorian features, this is a great spot for a quiet, wholesome stay. With numerous bike trails and hiking trails in the area as well as historic sights, Niagara Falls and local wineries, there's plenty to explore. Expect a warm welcome and hearty breakfasts. See More
The Drake Toronto (Ontario) 19 rooms from £104Sights nearby - CN Tower can be seen from almost eveywhere and is the tallest free standing building in Northern America.Great walks - Formal gardens of High Park.Lively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Youngsters rule the art district. This boutique has an energetic vibe; hosting musicians, embracing culture and inviting you to 'crash' in their stylish and cosy, yet minimalist, rooms. Eclectic dishes & cocktails served at the lively Raw Bar with a great meeting place in the Corner Cafe. See More
Drake Devonshire Wellington, Ontario (Ontario) 13 rooms from £118Sailing - Head to Sandbanks Provincial Park which is home to three sandy beaches great for sailing, windsurfing and relaxing.Surfing - Waking up and catching the surf is moments away.Views - Lake.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Modern farmhouse on Lake Ontario offering chic and contemporary design all the way from Toronto. Large rooms are modern, chic and spacious. The include views, areas to lounge and balconies to capture the lake in all its glory. Flock restaurant serves fresh and local cuisine. A fantastic location. See More
Idlewyld Inn & Spa London, ON 21 rooms from £94Local exploring - Tucked onto a street in London's "Old South" neighbourhood, just minutes from the sights of the townLearning - Sign up for the Down Town Art Tour, a guided tour of the towns cultural and artistic sceneSights nearby - Housed in the old Mayors house, you are just minutes from the main sights of the townTheatre - The Gran Theatre is just down the road and holds a variety of plays all year roundRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A historic mansion, in the atmospheric "Old South" neighbourhood of London, Ontario. The recently refurbished rooms are clean and crisp, while maintaining an air of grandeur, some come with balconies. The spa offers an extensive range of treatments and the restaurant never disappoints. Charming. See More
The Inn at Cobble Beach Kemble 10 rooms from £123Sights nearby - Inglis Falls Conservation Area an 18 metre high cascade water fall, the most visited in the areaLively - Hip and happening.Remote - Off the beaten track.Full of character
An upscale resort set on 574 acres of manicured gardens and golf courses on Cobble Beach. The elegant rooms feature antique style wooden furnishings, plush linens and warm tones. Gourmet meals are served in the chic dining room commanding views of the bay. A sophisticated grown up hideaway. See More
Oban Inn & Spa Niagara-on-the-Lake 26 rooms from £96Families - With excellent family rooms and a babysitting services, it's a great choice for a family holiday.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the area around Niagara-on-the-Lake.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Overlooking Lake Niagara, Oban Inn & Spa is a delightful hotel that marries excellent service with a warm, friendly atmosphere. The rooms are elegantly furnished and are adorned with tasteful artwork. Spend an afternoon exploring the lake on a bicycle or relax in the spa. A lakeside gem. See More
Sterling Inn & Spa Niagara Falls (Ontario) 41 rooms from £129Great walks - White Water Walk takes you along the widest white waters in the world.Birdwatching - Bird Kingdom is the world's largest free-flying aviary.Sights nearby - Niagara Falls is a must see during your stay.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Old Mill Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 57 rooms from £130Sights nearby - The metro is an easy stroll away and opens up the city of Toronto to guests.Great walks - The mill is surrounded by parks and next to the Humber River.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Boutique getaway nestled in the Humber Valley surrounded by walking trails, parkland and the tranquil sound of the Humber River. Classic rooms and suites surround a garden and courtyard. Popular Home Smith Bar hosts live jazz music and the 300-guest restaurant menu is loved across town. See More
Sherwood Inn Port Carling 49 rooms from £101Great walks - There are a multitiude of walking trails in and around the property for all fitness levels.Swimming Pool - Small plunge pool in the spa.Views - Great views from hotelRemote - Off the beaten track.
Denaut Mansion Country Inn Ontario 5 rooms from £105Active Holiday - The nearby lake offers plenty of options for an active getaway- canoeing, fishing, hiking and biking are just a fewGreat walks - This picturesque countryside is ideal for exploring on foot, head down to Upper Beverley Lake and wander the shoresOther Activities - Take a good book, a large glass of wine and plonk yourself by the pool in the flower filled garden- bliss!Cycling - Rent a couple of bikes and ask your friendly hosts where the best trails can be found
The Charles Hotel Niagara-on-the-Lake (P.O. Box 760) 12 rooms from £136Foodies - The restaurant, HobNob holds a stellar reputation and serves up exceptional seasonal dishes, expertly paired with local winesHotel Entertainment - Transport yourself to another time in the hotels dining room with original chandeliers, fireplaces, and timber floorsGolf - Niagara on the Lake Golf Club, North America's oldest golf course, is found directly opposite the hotelSights nearby - On a quiet side street, within walking distance of all the towns main attractionsRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A regal and refined Manor House, turned hotel, in Niagara on the Lake. The enchanting and comfortable rooms will beckon you after a long days sight seeing. Sit out on the porch while you feast on HobNobs famed seasonal dishes. The Charles Hotel is an ageless classic filled with warmth and charm. See More
Shaw Club Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 30 rooms from £145Families - Babysitting services are avaliable for those parents that wish to indulge in a carefree weekend at the spa and restaurant.Romantic Break - Champagne and strawberries in the deep soaking tub are just the start of a relaxing romantic weekend.Sights nearby - Fort Niagara stands at the mouth of the river on Lake Ontario and is a great spot for sunset, as well as exploring.Local markets - Head to Walker's Country Market to source some local produce and catch the general buzz.
Elegant small hotel offering exceptional service, prime location and a fabulous restaurant. Large, contemporary rooms are a great base for your days of exploring Lake Ontario, local history and vineyards. Only gourmet dishes can be expected from the Zees Grill, a casual atmosphere enjoyed by all. See More
ARC The Hotel Ottawa 112 rooms from £154Local markets - Visit Byward Market, approximately four blocks of boutique shops and restaurants.Great walks - Take a guided tour of the Parliment buildings and their majestic grounds.Lively - Hip and happening.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Arowhon Pines Ontario 50 rooms from £126Back to Nature - Located in the centre of Algonquin Park on the shores of Little Joe Lake this is a nature lovers heaven.Kayaking - Paddle a hotel canoe on a day trip and explore a series of lakes, streams and narrows.Fishing - The hotel recommends a true Park fishing guide to explore all the local waters.Sailing - Relax in a hotel sailboat as the winds carry you through the afternoon.
A rustic chic resort in the centre of Algonquin Park on the shores of Little Joe Lake. Cabins feature a range of hand-painted french style furnishings, fireplaces and private lakeside patios. All inclusive meals are served in a hand-hewn log dining room. A totally off-grid wilderness escape! See More
Fairmont Chateau Laurier Ottawa 459 rooms from £142Local markets - ByWard Market is a charming area with year-round farmer's market; you can sample local maple candies or pick up fresh flowersSights nearby - Popular sights incliude Parliament Hill, UNESCO World Heritage site Rideau Canal, the National Arts Centre and Gatineau ParkSwimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolLively area - In the thick of the action.
Set in downtown Ottawa close to well-known sights, with newly re-designed rooms that are a fresh, modern addition to the regal elegance of the hotel. With a bar and in-house dining options from relaxed to fine-dining, a well-equipped fitness centre and a business centre, it caters to all tastes. See More
The Ivy at Verity Toronto (Ontario) 4 rooms from £164Sights nearby - The Victorian-era buildings, hustle and bustle that make up the Distillery District are enhanting.Local markets - St. Lawrence Market is walking distance from the hotel and popular for cafes and restuarants.Great walks - Explore Toronto on foot.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
An 1850s chocolate factory, home to an award winning restaurant, four enchanting rooms and a spa in downtown Toronto. Unique and vibrant, the luxurious rooms capture original features with marble bathrooms. The old fashioned meets the contemporary in the restaurant decor, a popular spot with locals. See More
Le Germain Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 122 rooms from £170Sights nearby - Head to King Street for a look at the theatres of downton Toronto.Great walks - Take a ferry to Toronto Islands and explore on foot.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Chic, sharp stainless steel and glass exterior, make way to a library come expresso bar reception area. Views, gadgets, luxurious linens make up the rooms. The French cuisine served at Chez Victor is the cherry on the cake as it gains recognition across town with its pull of regulars. See More
The Grand Victorian Niagara-on-the-Lake 6 rooms from £136Great walks - Beautiful riverside and lakeside walks and hikesRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
This beautiful period mansion is located on the banks of the river. A quiet retreat ideal for couples or indeed larger groups. Delicious home cooked meals and brunch style breakfast. Wholesome activities in the area such as riverside walks, golf, and countryside bike rides. See More
Riverbend Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake (P.O. Box 1560) 21 rooms from £176Wine tasting - The hotel sits on 12 acres of vineyard producing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and VidalCycling - Rent a couple of bikes and set off to explore the historic town of Niagara on the Lake, just over a kilometer awayRomantic Break - This genteel spot is ideal for a couples escape- with private dining, elegant suites and charming gardensHotel Entertainment - After a days sightseeing settle in to the 1890s salon bar for a stiff drinkRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A magnificent Georgian mansion, set on 12 acres of vineyards and charming gardens just outside Niagara-on-the-Lake. The superb rooms feature antique furnishings, indulgent linens and some come with private balconies. The 1890's salon bar sets a tone that echoes throughout the hotel. Picture perfect. See More
Le Germain Maple Leaf Square Toronto (Ontario) 167 rooms from £184Local markets - St Lawrence Market is one of Toronto's oldest buildings, is it home to 120 vendors merchants and artisans.Sights nearby - Hockey Hall of Fame is home of Stanley Cup (for hockey lovers).Great walks - Walk along Lake Ontario and soak up the magnificance.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Dot's Landing Niagara-on-the-Lake 1 rooms from £162Great walks - Stunning nature trails in the surrounding areaFishing - Lakeside fishing can be arrangedHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Back to Nature
This intimate colonial, one-bedroom, B&B is situated by the lake. Interiors are homely yet chic with wooden floors, traditional artwork and crisp white linen. Guests can enjoy coffee or a drink on the outdoor terrace. A charming spot to explore the region of Niagara-on-the-Lake. See More
Windsor Arms Hotel Toronto 28 rooms from £187Local markets - Visit the The St. Lawrence Market, ranked by National Geographic as the world’s best food market.Great walks - Take an EdgeWalk, a thrilling hands-free walk on an outside ledge of the CN tower.Sights nearby - The Royal Ontario Museum is just five minutes walk away.Swimming Pool - Indoor year round pool.Recommended by - Tablet
Hazelton Hotel Toronto (Ontario) 77 rooms from £190Local markets - Local markets are a great place to see the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city.Sights nearby - Nearby you will find Royal Ontario Museum.Great walks - Explore Lake Ontario on the walking trail.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
High end boutique, home of plush interiors, indoor pool and spoil-yourself-spa. Sizeable rooms boast city views, fine linens and all the mod cons. One restaurant pulls the locals in with its exquisite menu and cocktails, a great atmosphere. Enjoy a film in the cinema room, or relax at the spa. See More
Thompson Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 121 rooms from £200Local markets - Kensington Market is great for shopping and local art exhibits.Sights nearby - Victoria Memorial Square is within walking distance.Great walks - Explore Lake Ontario by foot.Views - City and Lake Ontario.
Slap in the middle of the Fashion district, this lively and luxurious hotel is a popular hot spot for nightlife and leisure seekers. Crisp, chic rooms boast outstanding city views. Head to the rooftop lounge for small bites, the Diner for a more hearty meal and then delve into the underground club. See More
Andaz Ottawa Byward Market Ottawa 200 rooms from £214Other Activities - After you have indulged to excess in the hotels bars and restaurants it's time to hit the state of the art 24 hour gymCity Style - An uber cool addition to the captial, with Canadian-chic inspired interiors and a cutting edge restaurantFoodies - The fabulous farm to fork feast + revel offer sustainable dishes that will knock your socks off!Great walks - Perfectly placed to explore the historic and dynamic ByWard Market neighborhoodRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Tablet
A dramatic addition to the Ottawa hotel scene, the Andaz sits just beside the bustling ByWard Market. The sleek rooms use copper light fixtures and geometric rugs to spice up the clean white on white. From trendy farm to fork food to local artisan fabrics and artwork, this place has got it covered. See More
The Georgian Residence Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £225Honeymoons - A plush and indulgent manor house, full of antiques and rich fabrics, offering guests a glimpse into life as an aristocratHotel Entertainment - Cosy up with your loved one beside the in room fire with a bottle of the regions finest wineGreat walks - Wander through the town and soak up all the sights and sounds of this historic areaWine tasting - The B&B offers guests a unique chance to partake in a Land Rover wine tour safari!Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
An intimate and opulent B&B of only three rooms in Niagara on the Lake. Filled with antique furnishings, rich drapes, soft carpets and roaring fires the princely suites are a feast for the senses. Breakfast is a three course gourmet affair, continuing the tradition of indulgence. Resplendent. See More
The Butler House Niagara-on-the-Lake 4 rooms from £176Great walks - Offers quick access to the many stunning hiking trails in the areaFour poster beds - One four poster optionViews - Garden viewRestrictions on children - Adult only
An intimate, historic B&B with original period features and a pretty garden; ideal for couples on a quiet getaway. Situated in the heart of the old town, close to the shops and lakeside. There are also many scenic hiking and cycle trails located in the area for those wishing some rural respite. See More
Langdon Hall Country House Cambridge, Ontario (Cambridge) 52 rooms from £247Cooking classes - Interactive cooking demonstration changes weekly depending on what guests wish to learn.Great walks - There are over 12 km of walking trails on the property through Carolinian forest.Swimming Pool - Outdoor.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A spectacular 1902 five star hotel and spa nestled in the Carolinian forest. Tastefully decorated suites with original sash windows, fine fabrics, feather and down beds and antique furnishings. Award winning restaurants serve gourmet dishes paired with fine wines. Classically stylish. See More
Shangri-La Toronto 202 rooms from £206Sailing - Charter a sailing boat at the nearby Waterfront from Sailnig and Powerboats.Swimming Pool - Indoor year round pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Opulent
A chic five star hotel between downtown Toronto's Financial and Entertainment Districts. Plush rooms with an elegant oriental twist, enormous marble bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. The luxurious on-site spa and trendy bars and restaurants follow the eastern theme. Oozing opulence and style See More
Bisha Hotel Toronto Toronto 96 rooms from £279Foodies - International celebrity chef Akira Back heads the second floor restaurant (his first in Canada), this alone is worth the visitCity Style - Toronto's leading light for flare and style - think black marble, crushed velvet, etched gold and more than 3000 pieces of artClose to nightlife - The hotel's four bars/restaurants have such a lively atmosphere and hip crowd that you would be a fool to go elsewhereHotel Entertainment - Grab your shades and head up to the 44th floor rooftop infinity pool, complete with cocktail bar and restaurantRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
A spectacular and vibrant luxury hotel, the crown jewel of downtown Toronto's Entertainment District. Design is the key word here, from the lobby to the rooftop not a single detail has been thrown together or under thought. Between KOST and Akira Back they have every base covered. Truly remarkable. See More
Four Seasons Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 259 rooms from £329Sights nearby - CN Tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the Americas.Views - Lake Ontario and city.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.
The renovated flagship Four Seasons stands tall over Victorian mansions overlooking Lake Ontario. Luxurious large rooms with city views, plush linens and bathroom treats. Café Boulud offers global cuisine. Both business and leisure guests meet at Dbar over delicious cocktails. See More