Search the best hotels in Ontario
Ontario has some of Canada's biggest areas of wilderness yet is also the country's most cosmopolitan state. How can this be? Because it's huge. Larger than France and Spain combined, it has acres of forests, miles of empty hiking trails, dozens of towering waterfalls and over 250,000 lakes. Yet over a third of Canadians also live here, most in either state capital, Toronto, or Ottawa. The best places to stay in Ontario make the most of either its cosmopolitan cities or its wild beauty; sometimes both. With everything from charming secluded stays with farm-to-fork dining to modern luxury hotels, there’s really something to fit any holiday here.
Where to stay - which region/city?
- Top of the 'natural-beauty' sights has to be Niagara Falls, easily visited in a day-trip from Toronto, though we'd recommend you stay in either Niagara by the Lake or Niagara Falls itself if you want to overnight. But the state boasts other spectacular waterfalls. Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park, for example, near the vibrant city of Thunder Bay in the south-west, has 40-metre high falls. South-western Ontario is also the area to head to for freshwater beaches, water sports and fantastic bird-watching.
- Ontario has dozens of Provincial Parks to satisfy outdoor adventurers. Killarney Provincial Park is considered to offer some of the world's best kayaking with over 50 lakes, while hikers may prefer Mississagi Provincial Park, north of Elliot Lake, with its mix of hemlock forests, aspen woods, sandy beaches and empty backcountry. Equally, Quetico Provincial Park is a wild and empty destination with over 2000 lakes, hiking trails through forests and towering cliffs, plus cross-country skiing trails. Good bases for outdoors adventurers include Wellington on Lake Ontario, Kemble on Lake Huron and Port Carling on Lake Joseph.
- Ontario's cities offer a striking contrast to the wild beauty of the backcountry. State capital Toronto's iconic sight is the soaring needle of the 533-metre-high CN communication tower with its revolving restaurant and stunning views. But it's also a buzzing cosmopolitan city with a vibrant nightlife and of course it hosts the annual Toronto Film Festival.
- Ottawa is no less exhilarating with Parliament Hill's Victorian architecture, the striking-looking National Gallery and the contemporary-designed Canadian War Museum. Leave plenty of time to explore the Canadian Museum of History, full of hi-tech exhibits tracing the country's history.
One thing's for sure, the best places to stay in Ontario guarantee you will always have plenty of things to do, right on your doorstep, whether you want to explore the great outdoors or enjoy a chic city break.
The best places to stay in Ontario
For a lakeside location
- On the shores of Lake Ontario, the contemporary, chalet-style Drake Devonshire in Wellington, offers 13 chic, light-filled rooms, some with balconies, and all with glorious views. Dine outside or in, borrow a bicycle to explore or just relax on the outside decking.
- With just 10 rooms, The Inn at Cobble Beach is deliciously hidden-away overlooking Georgian Bay on Lake Huron. Rooms are contemporary-classic, plus there’s an indoor pool, spa, gourmet restaurant and next-door golf course.
- On the shore of Lake Joseph, Sherwood Inn is a traditional, white, clapboard property set amid mature gardens - where you can dine in summer months - with on-site tennis, watersports and walking trails. Rooms are light and fresh plus there’s a spa and Jacuzzi.
- With plenty of activities, Arowhon Pines is a rustic chic resort in the centre of Algonquin Park on the shores of Little Joe Lake. Cabins feature a range of hand-painted french style furnishings, fireplaces and private lakeside patios. All inclusive meals are served in a hand-hewn log dining room. A totally off-grid wilderness escape!
For the Niagara Falls
- The homely and traditional Pillar and Post offers large and comfortable rooms plus an outdoor pool, spa, All-American-style restaurant and activities galore. Situated in Niagara on the Lake, a short drive from the iconic Falls,
- Perfect for a relaxing retreat, Sterling Inn & Spa's proximity to Niagara Falls and nature gives this contemporary spa cum Inn the edge for die hard explorers or mini-breakers. Modern rooms with sizeable baths and luxury products. Chef Cory Linkson whips up seasonally inspired dishes paired with the famous regional wines.
- Old Mill Toronto is a boutique getaway nestled in the Humber Valley surrounded by walking trails, parkland and the tranquil sound of the Humber River, yet just a quick metro ride from the centre of town. Romantics will love the four poster beds, huge jacuzzi bathtubs and superb restaurant, loved by residents and locals alike.
- Le Germain Maple Leaf Square is the one to book for a romantic city hotel with sharp, chic style. Modern rooms provide all the mod cons: rain showers, music and DVD players, tea and coffee making facilities and access to the hi-tech gym. Lobby Lounge offers tapas and cocktails to get the evening started.
- Harbour House: Sunset over Niagara-on-the-Lake leaves a warm glow on this red brick mansion with stunning waterfront views. Fireplaces and light interiors make the modern rooms homely. Breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the lake.
- Set beside Lake Ontario, Shaw Club is an elegant small hotel offering exceptional service, prime location and a fabulous restaurant. Large, contemporary rooms are a great base for your days exploring Lake Ontario, local history and vineyards. For a romantic stay book the KIng Suite which boasts a jacuzzi bath for two!
For a city break
- In the centre of downtown Toronto, close to sights and restaurants, the Baldwin Village Inn B&B offers terrific value-for-money. Rooms are light, crisp and minimalist, and on sunny days you can breakfast in the courtyard.
- In the heart of downtown Ottawa, the Arc Hotel offers sophisticated styling and a perfect location; sights and restaurants are all walkable. Rooms are boutique-chic in pale, neutral tones plus there’s a gym and concierge service.
- Fashionistas will love the Thomson Toronto, perfectly placed in the centre of Toronto’s fashion district. Stylish and groovy with sleek bedrooms, a rooftop bar and pool - terrific city views - and an underground club, it’s the place to see and be seen.
- For old-school glamour, head to Toronto’s Windsor Arms Hotel, a grand 1920s red-brick hotel with a glittering, modern-European interior of chandeliers and leopard-print sofas. Rooms are reassuringly grand and classic, with panelling and wood floors; some even have pianos.
- The Ivy at Verity is an 1850s chocolate factory, home to an award winning restaurant, four enchanting rooms and a spa in downtown Toronto. Unique and vibrant, the luxurious rooms capture original features with marble bathrooms. The old fashioned meets the contemporary in the restaurant decor, a popular spot with locals.
For a lively property
- The Gladstone is a red brick Victorian building turned art-centric boutique in the bustling cultural district of Toronto. Each artist-designed room offers an aesthetically pleasing and luxurious stay. Grab a table at Melody Bar, enjoy the live music and seasonally inspired dishes.
- Excellently located, Le Germain Toronto's chic, sharp stainless steel and glass exterior, lead in to a library come espresso bar reception area. Expect views, gadgets and luxurious linens in the rooms. The French cuisine served at Chez Victor is the cherry on the cake as it gains recognition across town with its pull of regulars.
- The lively, Shangri-La is a chic five star hotel between downtown Toronto's Financial and Entertainment Districts. Plush rooms with an elegant oriental twist, enormous marble bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. The luxurious on-site spa and trendy bars and restaurants follow the eastern theme. Oozing opulence and style
- Excellently located, Hazelton Hotel is a high end boutique home of plush interiors, indoor pool and spoil-yourself-spa. Sizeable rooms boast city views, fine linens and all the mod cons. One restaurant pulls the locals in with its exquisite menu, cocktails and a great atmosphere. Enjoy a film in the cinema room, or relax at the spa.
- With everything from cooking classes to hiking trails, Langdon Hall Country House is a spectacular 1902 five star hotel and spa nestled in the Carolinian forest. Tastefully decorated suites with original sash windows, fine fabrics, feather and down beds and antique furnishings. Award winning restaurants serve gourmet dishes paired with fine wines. Classically stylish.
- Well-located, Four Seasons Toronto, the renovated flagship Four Seasons stands tall over Victorian mansions overlooking Lake Ontario. Luxurious large rooms with city views, plush linens and bathroom treats. Café Boulud offers global cuisine. Both business and leisure guests meet at Dbar over delicious cocktails.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a diverse range of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Toronto Pearson International Airport located 26km (16 miles) from Toronto with a wide range of international flights.
- Alternatively, travel by train to and round Ontario with rail links across the region and to the U.S.
- If you want to rent a car to explore this diverse and beautiful region - for prices and booking visit our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to August for typically pleasant weather, ideal for enjoying all the outdoor pursuits the area has to offer.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Ontario,
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in British Columbia or Alberta
- Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ontario
Best Hotels in Ontario
Inn on the Twenty Jordan (Ontario) 27 rooms from £68Great walks - Take a picnic along the Bruce Trail and the Niagara Escarpment and find a spot to dine while looking over the waterfalls.Sights nearby - Do not miss the majestic Niagara Falls.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Charming village in Twenty Valley makes this boutique the perfect country getaway. Fireplaces complete the homely rooms, along with bookshelves and arm chairs. “On the Twenty” adopts the farm to fork approach and whips up local cuisine matched with a cellar full of regional wines. See More
Harbour House Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 31 rooms from £88Great walks - Awarded the prettiest Town in Canada Award. A good enough reason to explore it by foot and capture it all.Local markets - Local markets area a great way to explore any town. Check with reception for dates.Back to Nature - See one of the natural wonders of the world.Sights nearby - Head to the marina for a buzzy atmosphere.
Sunset over Niagara-on-the-Lake leaves a warm glow on this red brick mansion with stunning waterfront views. Fireplaces and light interiors make the modern rooms homely. Breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the lake. HobNob Restaurant and Zees Grill are both walking distance. See More
Baldwin Village Inn Toronto (Ontario) 6 rooms from £74Local exploring - Location is key here, right in the centre of town surrounded by great restaurants, within walking distance of the main sights.Groups - Perfect for groups to take over and enjoy the personal home touches of the Inn keepers.Sights nearby - Learn about the textile industry at the aptly named Textile Museum of Canada.Local markets - Walking distance is Kensington Market for a vibrant afternoon of city life.
All Suites Whitney Manor Kingston, ON (Kingston) 5 rooms from £98Other Activities - The manor is just minutes from the centre of Kingston, take a tour of the sights and learn about its historyLocal markets - Ontario's oldest and longest running market is located in Springer Market Square, just a short walk awayTheatre - The Kingston Grand Theatre offers a range of ballet, comedy, musical, and modern danceFamilies - The large and spacious self catering apartments are ideal for a family gatheringRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This historic Manor house is nestled in beautiful gardens, just minutes from Kingston. The self catering suites vary from charming to spectacular, with chandeliers, private balconies and indulgent bathrooms. This is the perfect base for exploring the 1000 Islands National Park. A real gem. See More
Pillar and Post Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 122 rooms from £99Sights nearby - The name is in the title, do not miss the famous Niagara Falls.Great walks - Waterfront trail connecting Niagara-on-the-Lake with the FallsFour poster beds - For romantics.Full of character
Niagara-on-the-lake is one of Canada's gems, and this luxury hotel is the perfect place to enjoy nature's wonders, local restaurants and wine. Large, classic style rooms look onto the pool. The Cannery Restaurant offers an all-American menu throughout the day, before or after your spa treatment. See More
The Gladstone Toronto (Ontario) 37 rooms from £99Sights nearby - Be sure to pick up a personalised Queen West district map from reception and explore the area with recommendationsLively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Metro London, ON 20 rooms from £99Total relaxation - A place to unwind and allow yourself to be pampered. Slip on your plush bathrobe, order gourmet cuisine and run a deep bathOther Activities - Budweiser Gardens, the home of the London Knights hockey team is right next door- try to catch a game while you're in townHotel Entertainment - Time for a cosy night in, enjoy the spa services and the top notch food on offer at Blu Duby Restaurant & BarValue chic - A thoughtfully designed boutique hotel, with every comfort and necessity at a totally reasonable price
A funky and design orientated boutique hotel in London, Ontario. Sleek contemporary loft style suites offer walk-in rainfall showers and soft as satin sheets. The wide ranging and adventurous menu at Blu Duby Restaurant & Bar will not disappoint, and neither will the in house spa! A stylish choice. See More
The Red Coat Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £78Sights nearby - Walking distance to National Historic sites such as: Laura Secord’s Homestead, The Mackenzie Printery and The Brock MonumentGreat walks - Hike, jog, or bike along one of the many trails including the Bruce Trail which begins at the base of the drivewayViews - Choose from a mountain or garden view. The large porche offers a view of the Niagara RiverRestrictions on children
An intimate, historic house with Victorian features, this is a great spot for a quiet, wholesome stay. With numerous bike trails and hiking trails in the area as well as historic sights, Niagara Falls and local wineries, there's plenty to explore. Expect a warm welcome and hearty breakfasts. See More
The Drake Toronto (Ontario) 19 rooms from £104Sights nearby - CN Tower can be seen from almost eveywhere and is the tallest free standing building in Northern America.Great walks - Formal gardens of High Park.Local markets - Good for local colour.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Youngsters rule the art district. This boutique has an energetic vibe; hosting musicians, embracing culture and inviting you to 'crash' in their stylish and cosy, yet minimalist, rooms. Eclectic dishes & cocktails served at the lively Raw Bar with a great meeting place in the Corner Cafe. See More
Drake Devonshire Wellington, Ontario (Ontario) 13 rooms from £118Sailing - Head to Sandbanks Provincial Park which is home to three sandy beaches great for sailing, windsurfing and relaxing.Surfing - Waking up and catching the surf is moments away.Views - Lake.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Modern farmhouse on Lake Ontario offering chic and contemporary design all the way from Toronto. Large rooms are modern, chic and spacious. The include views, areas to lounge and balconies to capture the lake in all its glory. Flock restaurant serves fresh and local cuisine. A fantastic location. See More
Idlewyld Inn & Spa London, ON 21 rooms from £94Local exploring - Tucked onto a street in London's "Old South" neighbourhood, just minutes from the sights of the townLearning - Sign up for the Down Town Art Tour, a guided tour of the towns cultural and artistic sceneSights nearby - Housed in the old Mayors house, you are just minutes from the main sights of the townTheatre - The Gran Theatre is just down the road and holds a variety of plays all year roundRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A historic mansion, in the atmospheric "Old South" neighbourhood of London, Ontario. The recently refurbished rooms are clean and crisp, while maintaining an air of grandeur, some come with balconies. The spa offers an extensive range of treatments and the restaurant never disappoints. Charming. See More
The Inn at Cobble Beach Kemble 10 rooms from £123Sights nearby - Inglis Falls Conservation Area an 18 metre high cascade water fall, the most visited in the areaTennis - Avail of the on-site tennis courts.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.
An upscale resort set on 574 acres of manicured gardens and golf courses on Cobble Beach. The elegant rooms feature antique style wooden furnishings, plush linens and warm tones. Gourmet meals are served in the chic dining room commanding views of the bay. A sophisticated grown up hideaway. See More
Oban Inn & Spa Niagara-on-the-Lake 26 rooms from £96Families - With excellent family rooms and a babysitting services, it's a great choice for a family holiday.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the area around Niagara-on-the-Lake.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.
Overlooking Lake Niagara, Oban Inn & Spa is a delightful hotel that marries excellent service with a warm, friendly atmosphere. The rooms are elegantly furnished and are adorned with tasteful artwork. Spend an afternoon exploring the lake on a bicycle or relax in the spa. A lakeside gem. See More
On the 6 B&B Niagara-on-the-Lake 2 rooms from £97Local exploring - With the Niagara Falls, a range of excellent wineries and the town all close by, this hotel is well-placed for local exploringCountry Escape - Set in the countryside surrounding Niagara on the lake, this B&B makes a charming rural retreatRomantic Break - At just two guestrooms, this intimate B&B is perfect for a hideaway couples' holidayAdult Only
This rural retreat B&B is located in a renovated 1940s farmhouse surrounded by tranquil orchards in Niagara on the Lake. Guestrooms are spacious and airy, opening out onto a private balcony or terrace. Unwind by the hotel's outdoor pool after a day trip to a nearby winery for a tasting. See More
Sterling Inn & Spa Niagara Falls (Ontario) 41 rooms from £129Great walks - White Water Walk takes you along the widest white waters in the world.Birdwatching - Bird Kingdom is the world's largest free-flying aviary.Sights nearby - Niagara Falls is a must see during your stay.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Queen Regent B&B Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £101City Style - With stylish, eclectic interiors that reflect the hosts' visual arts background, book this hotel for chic city charmRomantic Break - With well-appointed rooms, friendly hosts and a great location, book this B&B for a laid-back romantic breakLocal exploring - Set in the midst of the bustling centre of Niagara on the Lake, book this hotel for easy local exploringLocal markets - Sample the fresh produce which comes from the surrounding region at one of the many farmer's markets; ask your hosts for tips
This boutique B&B is located in the heart of Niagara on the Lake. The hotel is chic and stylish, with handmade, artisan design pieces in the shared spaces and bedrooms in natural hues and materials. Relax in the property's peaceful garden, filled with wildflowers, after a day sightseeing. See More
Old Mill Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 57 rooms from £130Sights nearby - The metro is an easy stroll away and opens up the city of Toronto to guests.Great walks - The mill is surrounded by parks and next to the Humber River.Tennis - Play a spot of tennis during your stay.Views - Great views from hotel
Boutique getaway nestled in the Humber Valley surrounded by walking trails, parkland and the tranquil sound of the Humber River. Classic rooms and suites surround a garden and courtyard. Popular Home Smith Bar hosts live jazz music and the 300-guest restaurant menu is loved across town. See More
Sherwood Inn Port Carling 49 rooms from £101Great walks - There are a multitiude of walking trails in and around the property for all fitness levels.Tennis - On-site tennis courts are available for use.Swimming Pool - Small plunge pool in the spa.Views - Great views from hotel
Denaut Mansion Country Inn Ontario 5 rooms from £105Great walks - This picturesque countryside is ideal for exploring on foot, head down to Upper Beverley Lake and wander the shoresActive Holiday - The nearby lake offers plenty of options for an active getaway- canoeing, fishing, hiking and biking are just a fewOther Activities - Take a good book, a large glass of wine and plonk yourself by the pool in the flower filled garden- bliss!Cycling - Rent a couple of bikes and ask your friendly hosts where the best trails can be found
The Charles Hotel Niagara-on-the-Lake (P.O. Box 760) 12 rooms from £136Foodies - The restaurant, HobNob holds a stellar reputation and serves up exceptional seasonal dishes, expertly paired with local winesHotel Entertainment - Transport yourself to another time in the hotels dining room with original chandeliers, fireplaces, and timber floorsGolf - Niagara on the Lake Golf Club, North America's oldest golf course, is found directly opposite the hotelSights nearby - On a quiet side street, within walking distance of all the towns main attractionsRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A regal and refined Manor House, turned hotel, in Niagara on the Lake. The enchanting and comfortable rooms will beckon you after a long days sight seeing. Sit out on the porch while you feast on HobNobs famed seasonal dishes. The Charles Hotel is an ageless classic filled with warmth and charm. See More
Shaw Club Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) 30 rooms from £145Families - Babysitting services are avaliable for those parents that wish to indulge in a carefree weekend at the spa and restaurant.Romantic Break - Champagne and strawberries in the deep soaking tub are just the start of a relaxing romantic weekend.Sights nearby - Fort Niagara stands at the mouth of the river on Lake Ontario and is a great spot for sunset, as well as exploring.Local markets - Head to Walker's Country Market to source some local produce and catch the general buzz.
Elegant small hotel offering exceptional service, prime location and a fabulous restaurant. Large, contemporary rooms are a great base for your days of exploring Lake Ontario, local history and vineyards. Only gourmet dishes can be expected from the Zees Grill, a casual atmosphere enjoyed by all. See More
Woodbourne Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake 8 rooms from £114Local exploring - Located only 10 minutes away from all the sights in the Niagara region- waterfalls, wineries and great hikesAdult Only
A stunningly renovated historic inn situated in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Rooms are bright and elegant with neutral palette schemes and stand-alone tubs. Unwind and relax in the library by the fire. A perfect choice for those who want a bit of quiet but still want to be close to all the main attractions. See More
Casa Blanca Boutique B&B Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £117Local exploring - The hotel is located near many of the city's main attractions, with wineries, the Shaw Theatre and Niagara Falls all close byCity Style - Set in the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake's old town in a heritage-style property, book this hotel for local city charmRomantic Break - The relaxed atmosphere, friendly hosts and convenient location make this hotel a great option for a romantic breakGreat walks - Explore the old town on foot with a long walk, stopping in for a drink at one of the many gourmet bars in the city
This B&B is nestled within a Georgian-style property in central Niagara on the Lake, a few minutes walk from the town centre. The chic, individually styled guestrooms are quiet and comfortable, with high-quality linens. Start the day with a hearty breakfast before a tour of a nearby winery. See More
ARC The Hotel Ottawa 112 rooms from £154Local markets - Visit Byward Market, approximately four blocks of boutique shops and restaurants.Great walks - Take a guided tour of the Parliment buildings and their majestic grounds.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.
Arowhon Pines Ontario 50 rooms from £126Back to Nature - Located in the centre of Algonquin Park on the shores of Little Joe Lake this is a nature lovers heaven.Kayaking - Paddle a hotel canoe on a day trip and explore a series of lakes, streams and narrows.Fishing - The hotel recommends a true Park fishing guide to explore all the local waters.Sailing - Relax in a hotel sailboat as the winds carry you through the afternoon.
A rustic chic resort in the centre of Algonquin Park on the shores of Little Joe Lake. Cabins feature a range of hand-painted french style furnishings, fireplaces and private lakeside patios. All inclusive meals are served in a hand-hewn log dining room. A totally off-grid wilderness escape! See More
Blue Skies B&B Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £128Hideaway - Tucked away in Niagara on the Lake's old town, choose this homely B&B for a tranquil hideaway holidayCountry Escape - Set in the heart of the Niagara wine country, this hotel makes a serene rural retreatSights nearby - Visit the world-famous Niagara Falls, located just a short, scenic drive along the Niagara Parkway from the hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
This charming B&B is located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, a region famous for its proximity to the Niagara Falls. The well-appointed guestrooms offer luxury linens and a cosy fireplace, the perfect place to relax after a day trip. Start the day with the hotel's renowned gourmet breakfast. See More
Fairmont Chateau Laurier Ottawa 459 rooms from £142Local markets - ByWard Market is a charming area with year-round farmer's market; you can sample local maple candies or pick up fresh flowersSights nearby - Popular sights incliude Parliament Hill, UNESCO World Heritage site Rideau Canal, the National Arts Centre and Gatineau ParkSwimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolLively area - In the thick of the action.
Set in downtown Ottawa close to well-known sights, with newly re-designed rooms that are a fresh, modern addition to the regal elegance of the hotel. With a bar and in-house dining options from relaxed to fine-dining, a well-equipped fitness centre and a business centre, it caters to all tastes. See More
The Ivy at Verity Toronto (Ontario) 4 rooms from £164Sights nearby - The Victorian-era buildings, hustle and bustle that make up the Distillery District are enhanting.Local markets - St. Lawrence Market is walking distance from the hotel and popular for cafes and restuarants.Great walks - Explore Toronto on foot.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
An 1850s chocolate factory, home to an award winning restaurant, four enchanting rooms and a spa in downtown Toronto. Unique and vibrant, the luxurious rooms capture original features with marble bathrooms. The old fashioned meets the contemporary in the restaurant decor, a popular spot with locals. See More
Le Germain Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 122 rooms from £170Sights nearby - Head to King Street for a look at the theatres of downton Toronto.Great walks - Take a ferry to Toronto Islands and explore on foot.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Chic, sharp stainless steel and glass exterior, make way to a library come expresso bar reception area. Views, gadgets, luxurious linens make up the rooms. The French cuisine served at Chez Victor is the cherry on the cake as it gains recognition across town with its pull of regulars. See More
The Annex Toronto 24 rooms from £135City Style - With fresh, unique interiors that feature local artwork and homely soft furnishings, book this hotel for chic Toronto styleFamilies - The studios and larger suites at this hotel are great for a family stay, with lots of space and cots available upon requestLocal exploring - Set in the heart of a trendy and central neighbourhood in Toronto, this hotel makes local exploring easySights nearby - Take a tour of Casa Loma, a grand, 18th-century castle with gardens that are open seasonally, a short walk from the hotel
This boutique hotel is tucked away in a 100-year old, three-storey property in Toronto. Guestrooms are bright and contemporary with lots of workspace. Prints by local artists and houseplants give the hotel a home-away-from-home feel, while the location is perfect for city sightseeing. See More
The Grand Victorian Niagara-on-the-Lake 6 rooms from £136Great walks - Beautiful riverside and lakeside walks and hikesRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotelLakeside - Lake nearbyLocal markets - Good for local colour.
This beautiful period mansion is located on the banks of the river. A quiet retreat ideal for couples or indeed larger groups. Delicious home cooked meals and brunch style breakfast. Wholesome activities in the area such as riverside walks, golf, and countryside bike rides. See More
Lion's Head B&B Niagara Falls 6 rooms from £137Local exploring - The perfect spot for exploring the best of Niagara Falls, with many of the main attractions within easy reachSights nearby - The B&B overlooks the Niagara gorge and is mere minutes away from the fallsViews - Rooms overlook the Niagara gorgeAdult Only
A historic and elegant B&B overlooking the Niagara gorge. The artist themed rooms are spacious and comfortable with stunning artworks and bathrooms decorated with Italian ceramics. Offering hearty breakfasts and attentive and warm service. A charming base to explore the region from. See More
Riverbend Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake (P.O. Box 1560) 21 rooms from £176Cycling - Rent a couple of bikes and set off to explore the historic town of Niagara on the Lake, just over a kilometer awayWine tasting - The hotel sits on 12 acres of vineyard producing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and VidalRomantic Break - This genteel spot is ideal for a couples escape- with private dining, elegant suites and charming gardensGolf - Check out Niagara on the Lake Golf Club, North Americas oldest golf course!Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A magnificent Georgian mansion, set on 12 acres of vineyards and charming gardens just outside Niagara-on-the-Lake. The superb rooms feature antique furnishings, indulgent linens and some come with private balconies. The 1890's salon bar sets a tone that echoes throughout the hotel. Picture perfect. See More
Le Germain Maple Leaf Square Toronto (Ontario) 167 rooms from £184Local markets - St Lawrence Market is one of Toronto's oldest buildings, is it home to 120 vendors merchants and artisans.Sights nearby - Hockey Hall of Fame is home of Stanley Cup (for hockey lovers).Great walks - Walk along Lake Ontario and soak up the magnificance.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Dot's Landing Niagara-on-the-Lake 1 rooms from £162Great walks - Stunning nature trails in the surrounding areaFishing - Lakeside fishing can be arrangedLakesideBack to Nature
This intimate colonial, one-bedroom, B&B is situated by the lake. Interiors are homely yet chic with wooden floors, traditional artwork and crisp white linen. Guests can enjoy coffee or a drink on the outdoor terrace. A charming spot to explore the region of Niagara-on-the-Lake. See More
Windsor Arms Hotel Toronto 28 rooms from £187Local markets - Visit the The St. Lawrence Market, ranked by National Geographic as the world’s best food market.Great walks - Take an EdgeWalk, a thrilling hands-free walk on an outside ledge of the CN tower.Sights nearby - The Royal Ontario Museum is just five minutes walk away.Swimming Pool - Indoor year round pool.Recommended by - Tablet
Hazelton Hotel Toronto (Ontario) 77 rooms from £190Local markets - Local markets are a great place to see the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city.Sights nearby - Nearby you will find Royal Ontario Museum.Great walks - Explore Lake Ontario on the walking trail.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
High end boutique, home of plush interiors, indoor pool and spoil-yourself-spa. Sizeable rooms boast city views, fine linens and all the mod cons. One restaurant pulls the locals in with its exquisite menu and cocktails, a great atmosphere. Enjoy a film in the cinema room, or relax at the spa. See More
Thompson Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 121 rooms from £200Local markets - Kensington Market is great for shopping and local art exhibits.Sights nearby - Victoria Memorial Square is within walking distance.Great walks - Explore Lake Ontario by foot.Views - City and Lake Ontario.
Slap in the middle of the Fashion district, this lively and luxurious hotel is a popular hot spot for nightlife and leisure seekers. Crisp, chic rooms boast outstanding city views. Head to the rooftop lounge for small bites, the Diner for a more hearty meal and then delve into the underground club. See More
124 on Queen Niagara-on-the-Lake 17 rooms from £157Spa breaks - World-class spa offers full range of massage, esthetic and nail services, and a boutique featuring leading skincare productsBack to Nature - Pick this property for access to the world-renowned Niagara FallsGreat walks - Join Owen Bjorgan, a Niagara-on-the-Lake native, on a hike of your choiceLocal markets - Good for local colour.
A chic little hotel situated on the main street of Old Town in the heart of Niagara on the Lake. There's an option of spacious doubles and two-bedroom villas decorated in a fresh contemporary style. Boasting a world-class spa and critically acclaimed restaurant, this is a spoiling stay. See More
Andaz Ottawa Byward Market Ottawa 200 rooms from £214Other Activities - After you have indulged to excess in the hotels bars and restaurants it's time to hit the state of the art 24 hour gymCity Style - An uber cool addition to the captial, with Canadian-chic inspired interiors and a cutting edge restaurantFoodies - The fabulous farm to fork feast + revel offer sustainable dishes that will knock your socks off!Great walks - Perfectly placed to explore the historic and dynamic ByWard Market neighborhoodRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Tablet
A dramatic addition to the Ottawa hotel scene, the Andaz sits just beside the bustling ByWard Market. The sleek rooms use copper light fixtures and geometric rugs to spice up the clean white on white. From trendy farm to fork food to local artisan fabrics and artwork, this place has got it covered. See More
Brockamour Manor Niagara-on-the-Lake 6 rooms from £171Local exploring - Less than a 10 minute walk to downtown making it perfect for exploring the theatres, restaurants, quaint shops and wineriesWine tasting - Peller Estates Winery is 15 minutes’ walk awaySights nearby - Visit the world famous Niagara Falls less than a 30 minute drive awayRestrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcome
A charming Georgian B&B in historic Old Town Niagara. Rooms blend traditional charm and modern amenities together with floral paintings, fireplaces and jacuzzi baths. Relax on the veranda overlooking the mature garden or play some billiards by the fire. A cosy stay for exploring the Niagara area. See More
Le Germain Ottowa Ottawa 115 rooms from £172Foodies - Sample gourmet hotel restaurant Norca, whose menu draws inspiration from the landscapes and produce of Quebec and OntarioCity Style - With contemporary interiors and an unbeatable location, book this hotel for chic city charmLocal exploring - Set in downtown Ottawa, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringSights nearby - Visit the Laurier House National Historic Site; the former president's home has now been converted into a museum
This chic city bolt-hole is nestled in downtown Ottowa. Spacious guestrooms and suites feature stylish artwork, polished wooden floors and impossibly soft Egyptian cotton and bamboo linens. Dishes in the trendy restaurant take root from the local terroirs of Quebec. A smart stay. See More
The Georgian Residence Niagara-on-the-Lake 3 rooms from £225Honeymoons - A plush and indulgent manor house, full of antiques and rich fabrics, offering guests a glimpse into life as an aristocratHotel Entertainment - Cosy up with your loved one beside the in room fire with a bottle of the regions finest wineGreat walks - Wander through the town and soak up all the sights and sounds of this historic areaWine tasting - The B&B offers guests a unique chance to partake in a Land Rover wine tour safari!Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
An intimate and opulent B&B of only three rooms in Niagara on the Lake. Filled with antique furnishings, rich drapes, soft carpets and roaring fires the princely suites are a feast for the senses. Breakfast is a three course gourmet affair, continuing the tradition of indulgence. Resplendent. See More
The Butler House Niagara-on-the-Lake 4 rooms from £176Great walks - Offers quick access to the many stunning hiking trails in the areaLakeside - A short walk to the lake shoreFour poster beds - One four poster optionViews - Garden view
An intimate, historic B&B with original period features and a pretty garden; ideal for couples on a quiet getaway. Situated in the heart of the old town, close to the shops and lakeside. There are also many scenic hiking and cycle trails located in the area for those wishing some rural respite. See More
Langdon Hall Country House Cambridge, Ontario (Cambridge) 52 rooms from £247Cooking classes - Interactive cooking demonstration changes weekly depending on what guests wish to learn.Great walks - There are over 12 km of walking trails on the property through Carolinian forest.Tennis - On site tennis courts.Swimming Pool - Outdoor.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A spectacular 1902 five star hotel and spa nestled in the Carolinian forest. Tastefully decorated suites with original sash windows, fine fabrics, feather and down beds and antique furnishings. Award winning restaurants serve gourmet dishes paired with fine wines. Classically stylish. See More
Shangri-La Toronto 202 rooms from £206Sailing - Charter a sailing boat at the nearby Waterfront from Sailnig and Powerboats.Swimming Pool - Indoor year round pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A chic five star hotel between downtown Toronto's Financial and Entertainment Districts. Plush rooms with an elegant oriental twist, enormous marble bathrooms and floor to ceiling windows. The luxurious on-site spa and trendy bars and restaurants follow the eastern theme. Oozing opulence and style See More
Lakewinds Country Manor Niagara-on-the-Lake 6 rooms from £210Local exploring - Set in the historic Old Town, there are endless opportunites to explore wineries, golf courses and, of course, Niagara FallsSights nearby - The famous Niagara Falls is less than 30 minutes' driveRestrictions on children - Children under the age of 12 are not allowedSwimming Pool - Towels are provided
A charming traditional B&B located in the historic Old Town of Niagara-on-the-lake. Rooms are regal with neutral palettes and marble bathrooms. The breakfast are delicious and indulgent. Spend days exploring the region before cosying up in the drawing-room by the fire with a good book. See More
Bisha Hotel Toronto Toronto 96 rooms from £279City Style - Toronto's leading light for flare and style - think black marble, crushed velvet, etched gold and more than 3000 pieces of artFoodies - International celebrity chef Akira Back heads the second floor restaurant (his first in Canada), this alone is worth the visitClose to nightlife - The hotel's four bars/restaurants have such a lively atmosphere and hip crowd that you would be a fool to go elsewhereHotel Entertainment - Grab your shades and head up to the 44th floor rooftop infinity pool, complete with cocktail bar and restaurantRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
A spectacular and vibrant luxury hotel, the crown jewel of downtown Toronto's Entertainment District. Design is the key word here, from the lobby to the rooftop not a single detail has been thrown together or under thought. Between KOST and Akira Back they have every base covered. Truly remarkable. See More
Four Seasons Toronto Toronto (Ontario) 259 rooms from £329Sights nearby - CN Tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the Americas.Views - Lake Ontario and city.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.
The renovated flagship Four Seasons stands tall over Victorian mansions overlooking Lake Ontario. Luxurious large rooms with city views, plush linens and bathroom treats. Café Boulud offers global cuisine. Both business and leisure guests meet at Dbar over delicious cocktails. See More
Ritz-Carlton Toronto Toronto 263 rooms from £289Local exploring - Set steps from the bustling, downtown performing arts district, this hotel is a perfect base for local city exploringCity Style - With luxurious interiors, first-class facilities and an unbeatable location, book this hotel for chic Toronto styleFoodies - Avant-garde hotel restaurant TOCA is renowned among foodies for having the first and only cheese cave in CanadaGreat walks - Explore downtown Toronto on a long city walk, stopping at the famous Graffiti Alley - a canvas for local street artistsRecommended by - Tablet
This five-star, luxury hotel is located on the waterfront in downtown Toronto. Interiors are inspired by the city's glamorous film and theatre scene; suites feel opulent with marble bathrooms, thick bathrobes and framed, monochrome prints. Don't miss the unique cheese cave at hotel restaurant TOCA. See More