Search the best hotels in Bonaire
Dry and scrubby, Bonaire hides its most spectacular natural wonders under the waterline. Part of the Caribbean Netherlands and close to bustling Curaçao, tranquil Bonaire is famed for its fabulous diving and snorkelling — brilliant for visitors of all ages. Accommodation options on Bonaire range from little guesthouses to lavish luxury hotels, fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay on Bonaire are diving-focused, and there are some excellent-value options for a laid-back and outdoorsy trip.
The oldest marine reserve in the world, Bonaire National Marine Park is a haven for fascinating marine life. Explore the island’s spectacular reefs with expert diving guides, or head out on family snorkelling and glass-bottomed boat excursions to spot myriad sea creatures flitting amidst bright corals. Bonaire is also known for is fantastic windsurfing conditions, and there are opportunities to kayak, sail and water-ski, too. Klein Bonaire beach is promises beautiful strolls, sunbathing and swimming.
Follow cycling, hiking and horse riding trails to criss-cross Bonaire’s interior, kayak through verdant mangrove forests, or go caving and rock climbing with an experienced guide. The Washington Slagbaai National Park and Gotomeer, both near the island’s northern tip, are great for flamingo-spotting and discovering Bonaire’s past as a salt-harvesting hub. Don’t miss taking the kids to feed the rescue donkeys at Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire! Tour the Cadushy Distillery to taste cactus liquor, and amble around the port city of Kralendijk for an insight into the island’s complex heritage and some delicious food.
The best places to stay on Bonaire tend to be small, so rooms can fill up fast. Book your trip well in advance if travelling during the Christmas or Easter holidays!
The Best Places to Stay on Bonaire
For Keen Divers
- Den Laman features a collection of one and two-bedroom apartments in a stylish modern building on Bonaire's waterfront. The accommodation is self-catering, but there is a lively restaurant on-site, as well as a shared swimming pool and dive centre — Dive Friends Bonaire. Guests can dive on-property during the day or at night, and venture to 50+ sites around the island with expert dive guides. One for divers or outdoorsy families — this is a fun place to discover diving!
For Great Value
Sonrisa is a charming small hotel offering a well-priced stay. Choose this property for its cheerful vibe, with ten bright rooms set around a lovely swimming pool. The centre of Kralendijk is within easy walking distance, promising plenty of shops and restaurants. Ideal for those keen to be based in town.
Hotel Islander is an 11-room property in central Kralendijk, close to the water. Stay here for the fresh, nautically-inspired decor and the sociable buzz at the restaurant-bar, which hosts great live music evenings. A fun and very affordable adults-only spot.
Casa Mantana features cosy, contemporary rooms and studios with private terraces and kitchenettes. Set in Kralendijk, this owner-run guesthouse is friendly, tranquil and intimate. The lovely owners are full of local recommendations! An adults-only hideaway at a great price.
- Harbour Village offers an idyllic beachfront stay. Indulgent Dutch colonial-style cabanas have four-poster beds and private terraces, and there's a 5-star PADI dive centre for those looking to delve into the fascinating world of the reef. A sumptuous couples' retreat, with some family-friendly options too. One for beach lovers.
- The Bellafonte is an excellent family or couples' choice, with 22 chic, self-catering apartments offering private terraces and multiple bedrooms. There's stacks to do, too, including diving, snorkelling, fishing and windsurfing. A luxurious beach base for divers and families.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly (often via Amsterdam) to Bonaire International Airport, and journey to your hotel or apartment by taxi. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup with a reliable driver.
- Alternatively, contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Bonaire is an excellent year-round destination, with temperatures averaging between 26 - 30°C. June to September are the rainiest months, but you can still expect plenty of sunshine. There is a higher risk of hurricanes between September and November.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Saba.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bonaire
Best Hotels in Bonaire
Hotel Islander Kralendijk, Bonaire 11 rooms from £68Local exploring - Explore Kralendijk's historical centre - and its bright-coloured buildings - on foot. Sea, shops and restaurants surround youValue chic - Affordable rooms with fantastic location. Well-suited to exploring town or heading further afield for outdoor activitiesRestaurant - Relaxed yet atmospheric bar and restaurant offers outdoor dining, delicious local food and fab live musicSights nearby - Visit Rincon Village, oldest settlement in continued existence within the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba
Great-value adult-only boutique hotel in central Kralendijk, walking distance to the water. Contemporary in style & feel, spacious rooms feature nautical-inspired palettes and fresh decor; many boast sea views. Happening outdoor bar and restaurant with live music becomes a place to be after sunset. See More
Casa Mantana Kralendijk, Bonaire 5 rooms from £73Romantic Break - Small and intimate, this is the place for those looking for a tranquil base to return to after exploringWindsurfing - Due to the island's winds, it is considered one of the best places on earth to windsurf and kitesurfValue chic - A steal; affordable, spacious, well-equipped and well-located for local sightseeing and activitiesActive Holiday - Ideal for those wanting to head out and spend days windsurfing, diving, kayaking and birdwatching
Owner-run adult-only guesthouse walking distance to the centre of Kralendijk. Contemporary and fresh in style, five spacious rooms and studios offer a comfortable stay. All feature a private verandah and studios boast kitchenettes. A Perfect base for exploring and minutes from the waterfront. See More
Sonrisa Bonaire 10 rooms from £74Value chic - Good prices, close to the beach, 5 minutes from the airport.Sights nearby - Bonaire Donkey Sanctuary, Bonaire Butterfly Garden.Diving - Diving course and PADI lessons.Restrictions on children - 10 and over welcome.
Den Laman Kralendijk, Bonaire 16 rooms from £88Beach Life - Ideally positioned on the beach for sporting enthusiasts.Views - Views directly onto the beach.Families - Two apartments sleep four.Active Holiday - Diving centre on site.
A collection of condos directly on the beach. Rooms and two apartments (sleep four) each have kitchens and enormous private balconies, all simply decorated beach-style. Restaurant, pool, and a diving centre on site. Ideal for water sports enthusiasts or families. Great value. See More
The Bellafonte Kralendijk, Bonaire 22 rooms from £148Outstanding location - Offers direct access to a house reef within Bonaire Marine Park. Enjoy world-class marine life and tropical turquoise watersDiving - Dive directly from the hotel's private pier and enjoy fab on-site dive facilities. The island has 80+ dive sitesFamilies - Spacious two-bedroom suites with well-equipped kitchens, babysitting and private chefs make this an ideal choiceViews - Whether from rooms, balconies, pool or gardens, the stunning views over the Caribbean Sea are unforgettable
Divine family friendly waterfront apartments with direct Caribbean sea access. Comprising rooms, studios and one and two-bedroom suites, all with large balconies, self-catering facilities and full hotel service. Plus sea-facing pool, private jetty and sun deck. Walking distance to restaurants. See More
Harbour Village Bonaire 40 rooms from £541Diving - Five Star PADI diving centre.Beach LifeRomantic BreakActive HolidayRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors
A glorious tropical hideaway resort directly on the beach. Sumptuous Dutch-Caribbean cabanas in creams with four poster beds, splashes of colour, and patios leading onto the beach. Hammocks amongst the palm trees, swimming pool, Five Star PADI pool. Romantic, family friendly, luxurious. See More