Search the best hotels in Curaçao
First settled by the Arawak and later by the Dutch, along with its neighbours Aruba and Bonaire, Curaçao promises a fascinating fusion of classic Caribbean beaches, a verdant interior and a very European architectural feel. Trendy and chic, the island has long been a favourite with travellers eager to experience a Caribbean trip with a twist and a great selection of hotels and guesthouses cater to a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Curaçao are set close to both Willemstad — the island’s capital — and the beach, offering the perfect blend of city break and seaside holiday.
Strolling the streets of Willemstad’s historic centre, you’ll find brightly-painted Dutch-style buildings with pointed roofs, narrow windows and decorative ironwork. Step inside for patterned tiles, exposed wooden beams, antique furnishings and marvellous stories. Some of our top recommendations are heritage properties brimming with charm, and many are set in the coastal neighbourhood of Pietermaai — well-placed for the city and the sea.
Along with lively eateries, funky bars and good shopping, there are also some excellent galleries and museums in town. Don’t miss the Museum Kura Hulanda, Gallery Alma Blou or the Landhuis Bloemhof. The Queen Emma Bridge is also a popular attraction.
Beyond Willemstad, you’ll find quiet coastlines, national parks — including Christoffel and Shete Boka — as well as atmospheric caves, and stacks of hiking and cycling paths to discover. Much of the best scuba diving and snorkelling is towards the south of the island, but there are some spectacular northern beaches to see, too. If you are keen to hone your diving skills or to try exploring underwater worlds for the very first time, choose a diving-focused hotel or speak to your hosts about reputable diving companies in the area. The Caribbean boasts some of the most intriguing marine biodiversity in the world — this is the ideal place to experience it.
Whether you’re looking for a secluded couples’ retreat, a fun family hotel or a great group holiday spot, Curaçao has it all. Many of the best places to stay in Curaçao are small and intimate, so do book your stay well in advance if travelling during peak season — these places fill up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in Curaçao
- Baoase promises a dream Caribbean beach escape, with an intimate collection of rooms, suites and villas fusing contemporary interiors with colonial-style architecture. Pick this place for the superb private beach, the gorgeous beach bar and restaurant and the wonderful wellness treatments. Romantic and relaxing, but also a friendly choice for families. Absolute indulgence.
For Boutique Chic
- BijBlauw is a hip boutique pad with just ten rooms and suites. Set in the trendy Pietermaai neighbourhood of Willemstad, the property boasts minimalist interiors with natural materials and lovely textiles, beautiful sea views, and a buzzing eatery serving up cracking food and cocktails. The seafront location and proximity to the historic centre make this a stylish pick for couples in search of both culture and the beach.
- Pietermaai Boutique Hotel features 36 chic, airy suites with soothing cream colour palettes and a crisp, contemporary feel in a striking 18th century building. The two pretty pool areas are a real highlight, as is the location: you can stroll to the famous Mambo Beach, the historic district, or a plethora of bars and restaurants with ease. Charming and flexible for couples or families — some suites offer self-catering options.
- Villa Tokara is an impressive, red-painted Dutch property with five characterful bedrooms and a family-friendly feel. Expect original exposed beams and tiled floors, as well as sumptuous linens and upcycled furniture. Kids will adore the outdoor pool, the beach is a short walk away, and there's a dedicated Family Room. An intimate heritage choice.
- Scuba Lodge is a bright seaside spot with a real focus on excellent diving. Pick this place for a laid-back family trip, with funky suites and apartments filled with pops of colour, a great restaurant, a swimming pool and a striking seaside location. The big draw is the expert-led diving excursions, training and certification. Great for divers and families!
For a Beach Resort
- Avila Beach Hotel is an extensive beach resort, with flexible contemporary accommodation options, sea-facing balconies and lots for guests of all ages to enjoy. Unwind on two private beaches, hit the gym, the wellness centre or the infinity pool, and savour delicious dishes in the restaurants. The team can arrange diving, sight-seeing tours, golf at nearby courses and much more. A 150-room hotel with a smart, modern feel.
For Great Value
- Landhuis Klein Santa Martha is a six-bedroom hideaway in a yellow-painted former plantation house. Pick this place for the gorgeous original features — including patterned tiles and woodern shutters — as well as the secluded rural location, which is perfect for cycling, trekking or simply unwinding. Small, striking and fantastic value!
- ’T Klooster Boutique Hotel, previously a monastery, is now an easy-going 24-room hotel in Willemstad. Well-suited to families, groups or couples looking to explore the town, the island and the beach, the property offers a laid-back café, electic design and a warm, welcoming vibe. Very reasonably-priced.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Hato International Airport and travel by taxi or hotel transfer from there. Most flights come via Miami, but the island's connection to the Netherlands means that many visitors travel through Amsterdam. You can also arrive by private boat or cruise ship.
- There's so much to see in Curaçao! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Close to Venzuela, Curaçao is outside the path of the annual Caribbean hurricanes. Expect balmy temperatures of around 28°C for much of the year, and for the island to be it its busiest during Christmas, New Year and Easter. Travel between May and November for great off-season rates.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Aruba.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Curaçao
Best Hotels in Curaçao
’t Klooster Boutique Hotel Willemstad, Curaçao 24 rooms from £68Romantic Break - Couples love the heritage details at this city hotel; dine in the restaurant, located in the former chapelLocal exploring - With a central location in the island's capital, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringCity Style - Set in a heritage property in Willemstad, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Visit the Queen Emma Bridge, an 1888 pontoon pedestrian bridge known locally as the Swinging Old Lady
Nestled in the beautiful Pietermaai District of Curaçao, this boutique hotel occupies a former monastery. Well-appointed rooms feature chic, eclectic furniture, patterned tiles and house plants; suites offer a pretty sit-out terrace. The restaurant is housed in the heritage chapel; a stylish hotel. See More
Landhuis Klein Santa Martha Dorp Soto, Curaçao 6 rooms from £69Hideaway - Set inland in Curaçao, away from the crowds at the beach and in town, this hotel makes the perfect hideaway holiday destinationCountry Escape - Set on a former plantation in the verdant countryside of Curaçao, this hotel makes a great escape from the cityRomantic Break - Couples love the bright and airy suites at this hotel and the outdoor pool; rent a luxury suite for living spaceSights nearby - Visit the Santa Martha Baai, a quiet bay that leads to a beach; the area is often empty, meaning you have the beach to yourself
Set within a 17th-century former plantation house in Curaçao, this boutique hotel offers guests a tranquil escape to the country. Original features abound, from patterned tiles to wooden shuttered windows; modern amenities add a luxury feel, from the azure pool to the sit-out terrace; chic and cosy. See More
Pietermaai Boutique Hotel Willemstad, Curaçao 36 rooms from £93Local exploring - This hotel's location is unbeatable; a few minutes' walk takes you straight into the centre of town to bars and restaurantsRomantic Break - Couples' love the suites at this island bolt-hole; book the Duplex Suite for split-level living spaceCity Style - Set in the beating heart of the city, this hotel offers luxury suites with lavish island styleLocal markets - Shop like a local with a trip to the old market in Plasa Bieu, offering locally sourced produce and island specialities
Experience the lively heart of Curaçao at this boutique hotel. Individually designed suites are spacious and chic with exposed beams and a blend of wooden and wicker furniture. Book the Duplex Suite for split-level living space and Italian-tile floors. Guests love the pool; a stylish island getaway. See More
Scuba Lodge Willemstad, Curaçao 42 rooms from £121Beach Life - Set just steps from the beach on the charming island of Curaçao, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing seaside getawayLocal exploring - Set in the heart of Willemstad, this hotel is well-placed for local exploring on the islandFamilies - Book a private apartment for a family stay; kids love the hotel pool tooGreat walks - See Willemstad's historic centre on a long walk; don't miss the landmark Queen Emma Bridge
A brightly coloured facade announces this boutique hotel in Curaçao. The same palette extends inside to the airy suites, complemented by whitewashed wooden ceilings and traditional shuttered doors leading to private terraces. Enjoy sea views from the hotel's infinity pool; a charming island escape. See More
Villa Tokara Willemstad, Curaçao 5 rooms from £109City Style - Set in a beautiful heritage property in a chic neighbourhood of Willemstad, this hotel has lots of local city styleRomantic Break - Couples rate this restored, colonial-era property highly; book a luxury suite for a private balconyFamilies - Book a family room to accommodate children; kids love the outdoor pool tooGreat walks - Walk through the picturesque streets of Willemstad; don't miss the Queen Emma Bridge, a pedestrian pontoon bridge across the bay
A rich red facade announces this colonial-era property, now reimagined as a boutique guesthouse. Inside, original stained-glass, exposed beams and patterned tiles attest to the hotel's heritage, complemented by upcycled furniture and luxury linens. Unwind with a drink by the pool; a stylish hotel. See More
Avila Beach Hotel Willemstad, Curaçao 150 rooms from £126Local exploring - Located just 5 minutes' drive from central Willemstad, this hotel is well-located for local exploring in CuraçaoRomantic Break - Couples rate this hotel's romantic suites highly; book the Ocean Front Blues room for spectacular viewsBeach Life - Set on the azure waters of the Curaçao coast, this hotel makes an ideal choice for a seaside getawayDiving - Go diving and discover the rich marine life in the waters off the Curaçao coast; equipment hire is available at the hotel
Sitting on the turquoise waters of the Curaçao coast, this beach hotel offers custom-designed rooms with splashes of colour. Couples love the views from the Ocean Front room balcony; book an apartment with open-plan living space for a family stay. See live jazz at the Blues Bar; a chic beach hotel. See More
BijBlauw Willemstad, Curaçao 10 rooms from £148Local exploring - Located just 10 minutes' walk from the capital's historic centre, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringBeach Life - With a prime seafront location on a charming Caribbean island, this hotel makes for a relaxing beach breakRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic rooms at this hotel; book a luxury suite for a balcony with sea viewsLocal markets - Shop like a local with a trip to Willemstad's renowned Floating Market, a market where vendors sell from their boatsRecommended by - Tablet
This chic seafront hotel is located in Willemstad, the capital of luxury Caribbean island Curaçao. Guestrooms are bright and contemporary, featuring unique design pieces and cosy soft furnishings; book a suite for a balcony with city views. Dine at the oceanview restaurant; a stylish island getaway. See More
Kontiki Beach Resort Willemstad, Curaçao 80 rooms from £224Beach Life - It's just steps from your room to two vibey beach clubs - Mood Beach & Cabana Club - with music, entertainment & cool diningTotal relaxation - With beach clubs, dining, entertainment, wellness & fitness on-site, there's very little reason to leave the resortSailing - A private boat charter is an amazing way to spend the day; enjoy snorkelling, picnic lunch & amazing sunset views on your returnDiving - Curaçao has incredible coral reefs which makes it one of the world's best locations for diving & snorkelling
Offering cool beach club vibes, this chic on-trend island resort suits relaxed party goers. A series of spacious tropical-inspired wood-panelled rooms & suites feature large terraces with views over the salt-water pool. Dine across a range of al fresco venues. Fun, fresh & sexy in equal measure. See More
Baoase Willemstad, Curaçao 23 rooms from £449Beach Life - With a private beach boasting a plush bar and restaurant, this hotel is great for a luxury seaside breakHideaway - Book a self-contained villa for a discreet beach break at this chic island bolt-holeRomantic Break - Couples love the stylish suites and friendly staff at this exclusive resortSights nearby - Explore Willemstad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located 10-minutes' drive from this resortRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This luxury beach resort is located on the island of Curaçao in the southwestern Caribbean. Choose from luxurious rooms, suites or private villas with colonial-style décor and natural accents; book a villa for sea views and self-catering facilities. Unwind with dinner on the beach; a romantic stay. See More