Search the best hotels in St Martin
About St Martin
The smallest sea island in the world to be divided between two nations, gorgeous St Martin sits south of Anguilla, and is a brilliant beach destination, as well as a fun choice for foodies and history buffs. The southern part of the island, Sint Maarten, is Dutch, and known for its top-notch shopping and lively cruise ship crowds. French Saint Martin, to the north, is more tranquil, chic and food-focused. There are fabulous accommodation options on both sides of the border, ranging from simple guesthouses to luxurious resorts. Many of the best places to stay in St Martin are perched on its spectacular white sands, but some of our favourite hideaways sit inland, tucked amidst leafy gardens.
Sint Maarten’s capital, Philipsburg, is well worth a wander and boasts some intriguing colonial-era architecture. Buzzing Simpson’s Bay, on the other hand, offers excellent shopping, clubs and casinos, as well as marinas for smaller vessels. Some of the best eateries on the island are in Marigot, the French capital, and in trendy Grand Case. Expect a wonderful fusion of European, African and Creole dishes featuring fresh local produce — dining in St Martin is a real treat!
For hiking and outdoorsy adventuring, try Loterie Farm, the scenic surroundings of 400-year-old Fort Amsterdam, the Parrotte Ville Bird Sanctuary and Pinel Island. There’s sailing, wind-surfing, kayaking, snorkelling and diving to try, too. St Martin’s glorious beaches encircle much of the island — spend your days beach-hopping, sunbathing, sandcastle-building and striving to pick your favourite stretch of sand.
Whether you choose to unwind on the northern beaches or party the night away in the south, the best places to stay in St Martin promise an ideal base to rest and recharge in a very special corner of the Caribbean.
The Best Places to Stay in St Martin
For 5 Star Luxury
- Belmond La Samanna promises a sumptuous Saint Martin holiday in one of the Caribbean's most luxurious hotels. Choose from a collection of glamorous suites and three- to four-bedroom villas facing the ocean at Baie Longue, and spend your days unwinding at the spa, out on the water as a family, or enjoying exceptional cuisine at L’Oursin. Gorgeous.
- Coral Beach Club is an indulgent, all-villa resort on the island's east coast. Expect cool, contemporary interiors, space for families or groups, and private pools overlooking the ocean. The chic beach club is a stand-out, as are the seafood eatery and the watersports facilities. A 5 star treat.
For Families or Groups
- Esmeralda is a family-friendly beach hotel on beautiful Orient Bay. Spacious rooms face the ocean or the large swimming pool, and many offer additional beds for children as well as private kitchens. There's an appealing Caribbean feel to the prints and furniture. With friendly staff, multiple restaurants and easy beach access, this is a fun family choice.
- Hotel La Plantation promises a sophisticated stay in stylish rooms and suites set within colonial-style buildings in lush gardens. Multi-room villas are ideal for families, there are heaps of watersports at nearby Orient Beach, and the food is particularly good. For classic Caribbean luxury with family and friends.
- La Playa Orient Bay is a fabulous beach hotel with 56 recently-renovated rooms and suites featuring bold colours and a fresh, airy feel. Sofa beds create space for little ones. Kids will love the big swimming pool, beach access and fun food truck. Expect superb fresh seafood, too. An indulgent beach base.
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort is a large seaside property on its own peninsula. With three restaurants, a soothing spa, three swimming pools — one just for kids — and a gorgeous stretch of beach, this is an idyllic family holiday choice.
- La Vista Beach Resort promises a quaint beach base in Pelican Key. The 18 studios and two-bedroom apartments are ideal for families or groups who can book multiple apartments, and the vibe is intimate and laid-back. There's an onsite swimming pool, as well as plenty to do in the area.
- Oyster Bay Beach Resort sits close to the eastern border between the Dutch and French sides of the island. Book a suite or studio — some have fully-equipped kitchens and balconies with BBQs — and enjoy access to myriad resort-style facilities for guests of all ages. A large, lively resort with an onsite nightclub.
- L'Esplanade has a reputation as one of the Caribbean's top boutique hotels, and it's a wonderfully romantic choice for a couples' escape. The 24 elegant suites, lofts and studios feature Brazilian carved woodwork, Balinese pieces and French linens, as well as boasting lovely sea-facing balconies. Unwind with a yoga class at Ti Temple or a massage a Ti Spa. A real gem.
- Sol e Luna is an intimate little hotel with three rooms and three suites, tucked just inland of Orient Bay. The vibe is tranquil and the big draw is the gourmet restaurant, which is popular with both Saint Martin locals and visitors. A hip couples' pick.
- Orient Beach Hotel sits right on the white sands of Orient Bay, and all 35 suites boast beautiful ocean views. A fun couples' beach pick, this property has a swish, sophisticated feel with lots of natural rattan and pops of blue. There are plenty of good eateries within walking distance.
- LTC Hotel boasts a lively restaurant and cocktail bar on picturesque Grand Case Beach. There are also nine indulgent suites, perfect for foodie couples eager to base themselves on the beach. Small and stylish.
- Sonesta Ocean Point Resort offers an adults-only, all-inclusive beach stay in Simpson Bay. Pick this place for the extensive resort facilities — including three pools, a spa, watersports and three restaurants — as well as the lively party feel. Also a romantic honeymoon choice.
- Holland House is a chic historic hotel set right on the beach in Philipsburg. Some rooms and suites have space for families, but the vibe is more grown up. Highlights include the ocean lounge and the superb gourmet restaurant, which has a famously good wine list. For foodies and sociable couples keen to explore the city and the beach.
For a Tropical Hideaway
- Le Karibuni has eight suites and two larger villas, hidden amidst leafy gardens at Cul de Sac Bay, overlooking Pinel Island. Pick this place for the elegant interiors and the chance to relax with family and friends in one of the villas, or as a couple in a deluxe suite — some of which have private jacuzzis or plunge pools. The hotel's top-notch eatery is just across the water on Pinel Island, where you can swim and sunbathe before feasting on delectable dishes. A tropical haven.
For Great Value
- Hevea Hotel offers teb big and bright rooms in a restored Creole house, just 20 metres from the beach in Saint Martin's Grand Case. Stay in this relaxed guesthouse for a warm welcome and great rates. The sun-drenched terrace is a lovely spot to kick back.
- Bleu Emeraude has just 11 contemporary studios and one-bedroom suites facing the sea at trendy Grand Case. The two-bedroom suite is ideal for families. Expect simple, chic blue-and-white interiors, self-catering facilities and ocean views. The added independence is great for longer trips at a very reasonable rate.
- Mary's Boon has been a popular Sint Maarten hideaway since the 1970s. Cosy suites and studios offer self-catering options suitable for those on a budget, whilst the Simpson Bay setting ensures a great choice of nearby restaurants. Plus, you're steps from the sand!
- The Pasanggrahan Hotel is a cheerful Philipsburg guesthouse with attractive heritage interiors. Larger rooms and suites offer plenty of space for families. The oldest hotel on the island, it's right on the beach, very affordable and a brilliant choice for history buffs. Charming.
- The Horny Toad features just eight simple apartments on picturesque Sint Maarten's Simpson Bay Beach. A great value property in a striking location, close to bars, eateries and activities aplenty. The daily happy hour is a fun way to mingle with fellow guests. Intimate and family-run.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Princess Juliana Airport, in Dutch Sint Maarten, and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- You'll find lots to explore by road on both sides of the island! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Balmy temperatures average between 25 - 28°C throughout the year, with the peak season lasting from December to mid-April. Be prepared for showers if you visit during the rainy hurricane season (June to November). To beat the crowds and make the most of great deals, time your trip for May or June, before the rains begin to fall in earnest.
- Note that much of the island sustained damage by Hurricane Irma in September 2017, and recovery in ongoing.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Anguilla.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Martin
Best Hotels in St Martin
Hevea Hotel Saint Martin, St Martin 10 rooms from £62Value chic - Beautiful contemporary bedrooms at bargain prices.Fishing - Deep sea fishing is an exciting adventure and the migration period of large fish is awaited with much anticipation every year.Sailing - St Maarten is one of the Caribbean’s leading sailing spots.Sea Views - Over the 5-mile stretch of beautiful white sandy beach.
Pasanggrahan Hotel Philipsburg, St Martin 35 rooms from £78Families - The penthouse has three bedrooms and a panoramic view from the rooftop.Fishing - The hotel provides deep sea fishing escapades.Value chicViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers
A cheerful and historical guesthouse directly on the beachfront makes an ideal spot for a family, groups of friends, or those on a budget. A range of rooms, suites, and a penthouse (3 bedrooms) have kitchens, balconies, and panoramic views. Steak and seafood restaurant and fishing trips. See More
Horny Toad St Martin 8 rooms from £101Quirky - A small, unpretentious spot with an excellent reputation.Value chic - Superb value for moneySailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors
A small unpretentious collection of apartments directly on the beach. Each unit has its own kitchen, living area, and you can walk directly out of your door onto the beach. No eating options available, but ideal for a couple or family who want to do their own thing. Excellent value. See More
Hotel La Plantation St Martin 52 rooms from £112Families - 2 bedrooms villas are ideal spots for families.Restaurant - Four excellent restaurants.Sights nearby - Butterfly Farm.Kayaking - Available locally.
An excellent four star hotel suited to families, foodies, and beach goers alike. Charming rooms, suites, and two-bedrooms villas, all with their own kitchens. Swimming pool, romantic poolside terrace, and plenty of restaurants to choose from on the beachfront or directly on the beach. See More
Mary's Boon St Martin 36 rooms from £121Value chicOn the beach - Simpson Bay.TraditionalViews - Great views from hotel
A very good beach option for those who enjoy sophisticated interiors. Rooms and suites are boutique with four poster beds, colourful walls, and patios facing the sea. Swimming pool, excellent restaurant & small spa. Direct access to the beach. Ideal for couples and families. Superb value for money. See More
Holland House Philipsburg, St Martin 55 rooms from £133Views - Fabulous bay views.Beach LifeSights nearby - Cyrus Wathey Square, Philipsburg Courthouse, and Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit.Restaurant - Ocean front restaurant serving European and Caribbean dishes.
A lively spot with great amenities and stunning views over the bay below. Contemporary chic rooms have all the mod cons and in-room massages. Large wine cellar, pool, bar and restaurant, and easy walking distance to the town's main attractions. A good choice for a family. See More
Esmeralda St Martin 50 rooms from £140Foodies - The Astrolabe specialises in French cuisine, and the beachfront restaurant serves International food.Beach LifeRomantic BreakLuxury
A beachside hotel for those who appreciate a bit of boutique chic. Luxurious rooms, suites, and spacious condos, all with kitchens, white washed walls, and romantic furnishings. Large central pool, fine dining French restaurant, beach restaurant and direct access to the beach. See More
Oyster Bay Beach Resort St Martin 190 rooms from £152Beach LifeRomantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelLively - Beau Beau is a lively night spot at the hotel.Recommended by - Fodors
Bleu Emeraude St Martin 11 rooms from £182Views - Views over the Caribbean Sea to AnguillaSights nearby - Paradise Peak.Four poster beds - For romantics.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
A contemporary chic set up with all the mod cons makes for an ideal base for a family beach holiday. Rooms and two bedroom suites all in white have DVD players, iPod docking stations, kitchens, and living areas. A short walk out of the hotel onto the beach. Ideally located for beach life. See More
Divi Little Bay Beach resort St Martin 265 rooms from £168Outstanding location - Set on a peninsula of its own with unrivalled beach access and seaviews.Beach Life - Swimming pools, beaches, and ocean views.Views - Great views from hotelWindsurfingRecommended by - Fodors
A large and attractive beach hotel with all the amenities on a pretty peninsula; ideal for families and beach goers. Contemporary chic rooms, suites, and family rooms in creams and pastels, three pools (one for kids), three restaurants, a spa, and easy access to the beach. See More
La Vista Beach Resort Simpson Bay, St Martin 18 rooms from £176Views - Fantastic seaviews from all angles.On the beach - Overlooks the crystal waters of Lay Bay.Kayaking - Available locally.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
A good value beach resort for those on a budget. A collection of studio and two-room apartments have kitchens, balconies, and sea views. A short walk directly onto the beach or to the large swimming pool. Close to all the restaurants and activities around. An ideal base for families or couples. See More
Orient Beach Hotel Saint Martin 35 rooms from £191Beach Life - Idyllic 3.5 mile Orient Bay beach is considered one of the island's very best with white sand, great swimming and coral reefTotal relaxation - There's no need to leave this slice of paradise; laid-back dining, buzzing beach clubs, and watersports are steps awayViews - While all rooms face the ocean, Luxury Ocean Junior Suites, located on the top floor of the property, offer the best viewsRestaurant - The bay is home to four beachside restaurants offering relaxed outdoor dining. Breakfast is served at Kko Beach
Deluxe sea-facing suites located directly on Orient Bay's stunning white sand beach. Spacious and contemporary rooms with colourful decor all come with balconies and kitchenettes. Stretch is home to restaurants, bars and beach clubs meaning you can simply relax or party all day. A fly'n'flop break. See More
Sonesta Ocean Point Resort Maho Reef, Sint Maarten 130 rooms from £203Honeymoons - Spoiling honeymoon packages include stay in Sunset Butler Suite, champagne on arrival, couples massage & private romantic dinnerSwimming Pool - Swim in three amazing pools: cliffside man-made 'beach' Edge Pool, Point Pool with cabanas & semi-private swim-out room poolsRomantic Break - Adult-only, cliff-top dining, outdoor tubs and indulging spa treatments make this perfect for couple's holidaysBusiness meetings - The largest meeting and convention space on Sint Maarten can host events for up to 700 people
Modern adult-only all-inclusive property set within a larger luxury beachfront resort. Designed for spoiling vacations, enjoy sea-facing pools, outdoor dining, alfresco spa treatments & balconies with sunset views - there's no reason to leave the resort. Fab for those after competitive packages. See More
L'Esplanade, St Martin St Martin 23 rooms from £207Luxury - An oasis of tranquility with amazing ocean views and impeccable attention to detail.Honeymoons - A dreamy spot with chic interiors, wonderful views, and a romantic atmosphere.Views - Stunning ocean views and rooftop vistas.Beach LifeRecommended by - Great Small Hotels , Fodors
A dreamy little spot and a hidden gem with boutique interiors and varying accommodation. Rooms, lofts, and a two-bedroom villa (with its own infinity pool) with romantic furnishings, a laid back atmosphere, and sea views. Tennis and squash courts on site. Delightfully unpretentious. See More
Sol e Luna Grand Case, Saint Martin 6 rooms from £208Good wine list - Wine-lovers will appreciate the expansive cellar, home to hundreds of upscale French wines. Tastings take place once a monthBeach Life - Perfect beach break base: venture out to Cul-de-Sac and all Grand Case beaches in a matter of minutes on foot or by carRestaurant - Enjoy A blend of Provencal & Creole cooking washed down with fine wines in a plush & atmospheric indoor/outdoor settingRomantic Break - Four-poster beds draped with tropical netting, candle-lit restaurant and a grown-up vibe make this ideal for couples
Boutique guesthouse with chic decor, an intimate feel and small sundeck pools just a stroll from the beach. Romantic individually designed rooms blend French and tropical touches. Known for its upmarket French restaurant and wine cellar, this is the place for eating, drinking and sleeping in style. See More
Le Karibuni Cul de Sac, Saint Martin 6 rooms from £220Romantic Break - Private plunge pools, outdoor showers, sunrise sea-view terraces and Robinson Crusoe restaurant make for romantic breaksGroups - 3 and 6 bedroom villas offer a plush base for groups of friends; villa guests can enjoy private boat trips to the islandBeach Life - Although not located on the beach, a combination of unparalleled sea views and private beach club are a winnerRestaurant - Sail or kayak to the hotel's beach-shack style restaurant on Pinel Island and dine on freshly caught lobster
An upmarket boutique hotel set across a main house and pool villas. Tropical modernist decor with lush surroundings manages to be both cool and cosy. All rooms have terraces with epic sea views while having to kayak to the restaurant & beach club on a nearby island is a quirky touch. A chic stay. See More
LTC Hotel partenaire le temps des cerises jeans Grand Case, Saint Martin 9 rooms from £231Beach Life - Grand Case Beach is considered one of the best on the islands due to endless white sand and water ideal for swimmingRomantic Break - Designed with couples in mind, suites set the tone for a romantic stay; end perfect days with stunning sunsetsViews - Views of Grand Case beach and turquoise water are everywhere; from the shower, bed and balconyRooms with balcony/terrace - Glass balconies facing the beach give the impression you're floating on the water's edge
Intimate boutique hotel located on Grand Case Beach. Sexy open-plan suites with a contemporary nautical theme come with uninterrupted sea views and glass balconies. Walk to nearby eateries or dine on-site in the happening restaurant with beach bar vibes. A fab tropical base for couples. See More
La Playa Orient Bay Orient Bay, Saint Martin 56 rooms from £399Beach Life - Idyllic stretch of white sand and dazzling turqouise sea is epitome of Caribbean paradise. Calm water is perfect for swimmingWalking distance restaurants - Orient Bay offers range of laid-back eateries along stretch of white sand. Walk into the village for more optionsFamilies - Spacious living area and two bathrooms make the Executive Suite a good option for families or groups of friendsRestaurant - Outdoor restaurant serves American food with French & Creole touches. Bar, vintage food truck and Bedouin tent add extra options
Contemporary all-suite beach resort on picture-perfect Orient Bay. Spacious suites with a fresh feel, high ceilings, blonde wood furnishings & colourful decor feature garden & Caribbean Sea views. Rotate between the al fresco restaurant, enormous pool & beach club. A classic choice for beach breaks. See More
Belmond La Samanna Marigot, St Martin 83 rooms from £4535* Luxury - One of the top 10 Caribbean hotels.Beach LifeHoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
The piece de resistance on the French side of St Martin. Luxury for the scrupulous traveller, the honeymooner, a family, or friends. Uber chic rooms, suites, and 3/4 bedroom villas, have all white walls, marble bathrooms and all the mod cons. Three fantastic restaurants, spa, and private beach. See More
Coral Beach Club Dawn Beach, Sint Maarten 21 rooms from £515Private villas - Certain 3 and 4 bedroom villas are located on the beachfront while 2 - 3 bedroom options overlook it. Marina Lofts face the pondFamilies - The entire family can relax in private setting with multiple bedrooms, babysitting, maid service, chefs & children's activitiesViews - On the sunrise side of the island, views over the Atlantic Ocean and palm-fringed white sand beach take some beatingBeach Life - Nestled between Oyster Pond and Dawn Beach, Coral Beach Club offers pristine and secluded white sand beach paradise
Five-star all-villa beach resort situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Oyster Pond. Contemporary self-catered units with a range of bedrooms all come with private pools and sea-facing terraces. In addition to a deluxe beach club, enjoy seafood restaurant and watersports. Ideal for family breaks. See More