Search the best hotels in Puerto Natales
About Puerto Natales
Set besides deep-blue waters, looking out over snow-crowned mountain peaks in the far distance, lies Puerto Natales - the gateway to the Parque Nacional Torres del Paine. An adventure sports playground surrounded by stunning natural beauty. It is a town of colourful corrugated tin houses sitting beneath Dorotea Hill, where condors fly skyward, and beyond, in the rolling windswept hinterland are cattle ranchers. The perfect place to go for outdoors-y types seeking adventure and escape, this eerily bewitching landscape is shaped by glaciers and icebergs, fjords and prehistoric caves, where you can kayak down glacier-fed lakes and sail beside glaciers. The quintessential rural escape, it provides enchanting views, gorgeous walks and expeditions, not to mention the boutique beers, wine tastings and excellent local museums detailing what life was like before the European settlers. The best places to stay in Puerto Natales make for great base camps to explore the wild and rugged world of Patagonian Chile.
What not to miss
- Hike through the spectacular Parque Nacional Torres del Paine.
- Climb to the summit of Dorotea Hill and enjoy the sweeping panoramas. Who knows, maybe you will see the condors fly...
- Visit the Milodon Cave, which a giant sloth once inhabited 10,000 years ago.
- Make a trip to the Museo Historico Municipal and learn about life before the Europeans.
- Walk through the Bernardo O'Higgins National Park - a beautiful landscape of glaciers, fjords and icebergs.
- Kayak through the Channel of Last Hope.
- Sail through the Ultima Esoeranza Fjord and float side-by-side with the glaciers.
Strange, enchanting and swept with breathtaking natural beauty, Puerto Natales is not to be missed, particularly if you're an adventurer, thriller-seeker or just someone wanting to get-away-from-it-all. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Puerto Natales!
The best places to stay in Puerto Natales
Altiplanico is a chic and contemporary hotel with outstanding views of Ultima Esperanza Bay. The twenty two rooms are smart minimalist with large picture windows, and there's an outdoor hot tub for easing weary limbs after a day spent adventuring.
Remota is a contemporary hotel beautifully merged into the epic surroundings. It has a minimalist design, giving a light and airy feel which emphasises the wonderful views. There are excellent spa facilities with indoor and outdoor pools. A chic rural escape.
The Singular Patagonia Hotel is a five star renovated factory at Puerto Bories on the stunning Andean waterfront. The rooms are spacious with floor to ceiling windows. The hotel offers a unique experience in a great location. Excellent for walking and fishing.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is between January and March when the temperature ranges between 8 and 16 degrees.
- Fly first to Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, in Santiago, and then to Punta Arenas' Presidente Carlos Ibanezdel Campo International Airport, and get a shuttle bus from the airport to Puerto Natales. Be sure to use the company Buses Pacheco, who pick you up straight from the airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Best Hotels in Puerto Natales
Altiplanico 22 rooms from £160Puerto Natales
A chic contemporary hotel boasting outstanding views of the Ultima Esperanza Bay. Smart rooms feature dark tiled floors, minimalist fixtures and large windows that frame the lovely views. With Torres del Paine National Park right on its doorstep there's endless outdoor pursuits to enjoy. Fabulous.Back to Nature - Emerse yourself in Torres del Paine teaming with wildlife and a huge variety of plants.Active Holiday - Find the perfect terrain for hiking and adventure pursuits.Kayaking - Spot black-necked swans and Andean flamingos whilst kayaking.Fishing - Spend a day fishing in Toro Lake.
The Singular Patagonia Hotel 57 rooms from £253Puerto Natales (Puerto Bories)
The Singular Patagonia enjoys a stunning Andean waterfront location in Puerto Bories. This 5* renovated factory features spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows to make the most out of the stunning views. Be sure to head outside and explore this beautiful region! An utterly unique experience.Back to Nature - The hotel enjoys a wonderful location against the backdrop of the Andes by the Patagonian fjords of Last Hope SoundsGreat walks - With such dramatic mountains on your doorstep there are a number of fantastic hikes for you to choose fromFishing - If you're looking for a relaxing time then head out for a spot of fishingSpa - & wellness centre.
Remota 72 rooms from £269Puerto Natales
A contemporary hotel that sits beautifully within the epic surrounds. Minimalistic design throughout gives a light airy feel and emphasises the wonderful views. A spoiling spa fulfils all pampering needs and Torres del Paine provides space for endless adventures. A chic rural escape.Spa breaks - A spoiling contemorary spa features heated infinity swimming pool, Finish sauna, outdoor Jacuzzi and a massage parlour.Active Holiday - Torres del Paine National Park provides the perfect landscape for a multitude of outdoor pursuits.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pools.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape