I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Lopud
Lopud is one of the Elafiti isles which lie a few nautical miles off the coast from Dubrovnik. It is a carfree paradise with pure white beaches, scents of mandarin, orange and lemon, olive groves, vineyards and crystal clear waters. The best places to stay on Lopud are perfect for soaking in the calm and tranquillity.
The main settlement on this sparsely populated island is Lopud village with its cafes, restaurants and hotels. Inland is mostly lush, luxuriant vegetation and lovely walks.
What Not To Miss
- In former times Lopud was the seat of the vice rector of the republic and as such was a fashionable destination for the local elite. This glamorous past is illustrated by the many grand ruins that litter the island.
- Most of the historical buildings were destroyed as a result of an earthquake in 1667. It is a truly evocative experience to explore the remains of the palaces, churches and monasteries.
- The church of Our Lady of the Cave retains a rich collection of altar paintings from the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Giorgi-Mayneri botanical park boasts plants collected from across the globe and many ancient specimen trees.
- Lopud is also famous for Sunj beach; a crescent-shaped expanse of fine sand, it is regarded as one of the best in Dalmatia and particularly recommended off season to sample the Adriatic at its best!
The best places to stay in Lopud are very hard to book in the peak summer months, so we suggest you either plan well ahead or else try to visit during quieter periods, when the weather is just as nice, but the crowds are nowhere to be seen.
The best places to stay in Lopud
For excellent value
- Refurbished in 2004, La Villa sits on the shore of the Adriatic overlooking the Dalmatian coast, with the botanic garden behind it. The restaurant offers the best catch of the day accompanied by the finest Croatian wines. La Villa is an idyllic getaway and ideal base for walking, swimming, cycling, sea kayaking and snorkelling.
- Villa Vilina is a boutique hotel, formerly part of the owner's family estate and vineyard dating back to 1792. It prides itself on its privacy, luxury and refinement and is a honeymoon favourite. Plus there's an a la carte restaurant on the terrace with magnificent views over Lopud Bay.
For a beach resort
- Lafodia Sea Resort is a large beach resort in an enviable location, and the perfect property if you want to fly and flop. Its rooms are contemporary, light and bright, plus you'll find a variety of dining options, fabulous spa and two pools.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for making the most of the coast.
- Fly to Dubrovnik Airport located 37.6km (23 miles) from Lopud with a range of flights across Europe.
- Catch a ferry to Lopud with daily sailings from Dubrovnik.
- If you want to rent a car, click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to August for hot weather - perfect for enjoying the beaches. But to avoid the crowds we'd recommend either May or September when the weather is still good.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Lopud.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Dubrovnik or Split.
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Lopud
La Villa, Lopud 8 rooms from £62Lopud
An idyllic stone cottage B&B on the waterfront. Contemporary boutique rooms in bright colours, gorgeous open terraces with sea views, excellent table d'hotes with produce straight from the garden. Snorkelling, diving, exploring. An active beach holiday in a remote spot.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Franciscan monasteries and medieval churches, 16th-century Renaissance gardens of Trsteno Arboretum, 24km NW of Dubrovnik.Remote - Just 220 inhabitants on the island, no cars, and village stone cottages.Kayaking - A great way to explore the Elafiti islands.Recommended by - I Escape
Lafodia Sea Resort 182 rooms from £81Lopud
A chic resort boasting a beautiful spot on the Dalmatian coast. Contemporary rooms are light and bright with whitewashed walls, crisp white linen and bright pops of colour. Offering a selection of dining options, a fabulous spa and two pools. The perfect spot for families and couples alike.Beach Life - A beachside resort set on one of the Adriatic’s loveliest islands.Great walks - Discover the beautiful island of Mljet on long walks through the National Park.Diving - Explore the crystal clear water on a scuba diving excursion.Sailing - Hire a hotel boat and explore the coastline by sea.
Villa Vilina 15 rooms from £119Dubrovnik, Lopud
A beautiful stone house on Lopud Island with stunning sea views in a privileged location. Simple traditional rooms, some with private balconies, roof top terrace and pool, excellent restaurant and BBQs, and immediate access to the sea. An ideal spot for a peaceful romantic getaway or wedding.Views - On the water's edge the hotel has fantastic sea views.Romantic Break - A romantic paradies on a small island.Swimming Pool - Roof top pool with views.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.