Search the best hotels in Trogir
A picturesque medieval town set within 13th century walls, Trogir nestles on a tiny island with bridges linked to the mainland. With its romantic seaside promenade, the knotted maze of cobbled streets, its sunswept pebbled beaches and beautiful Renaissance architecture, Trogir is the perfect place to go for a family seaside holiday. Our collection of the best places to stay in Trogir has something for everyone from chic boutiques to romantic hideaways.
While walking the labyrinthine maze of dusty and warm cobbled streets, it is easy - and rather fun - to get completely lost. Tucked away in side-alleys and nestling down hidden roads stand gourmet pizzerias and cute cafes, while on the long and bright seaside promenade, you'll find the very best seafood restaurants the Dalmatian coast has to offer. A hodgepodge of elegant Liberty-era limestone buildings and Renaissance churches and palaces line the way, like the spellbinding Cathedral of St. Lawrence - arguably one of the greatest Renaissance buildings in Croatia - built in the 13th century.
There's much to do in Trogir. Yachts and sailing boats bob gently in the scintillating bright blue waters, and boat trips to enchanting nearby islands - complete with secluded beaches and hidden pebbled coves - can be booked in town. The island of Ciovo is one such example. Be sure to also explore the old medieval walls - constructed between the 13th and 14th centuries - still visible on the southernmost part of the Old Town, remnants of the bloodthirsty history of Croatia, that saw Trogir change hands countless times, from Hungarians and Venetians to the Austrians and the French.
What not to miss
- Book a boat trip out to a nearby island like Ciovo and enjoy the secluded pebbled beaches.
- Explore the old medieval walls, built in the 13th century.
- Head a few km outside of town towards the village of Seget Donji, where you can enjoy the beautiful beach of Medena.
- Find some tranquillity in the Cathedral of St. Lawrence, whose chapel is largely seen as the most enduringly beautiful Renaissance site in the Dalmatian Coast.
- Get happily lost in the narrow maze of cobbled streets.
- Enjoy the daily markets set along the seaside promenade.
Picturesque and sunny, this is the perfect destination for a family seaside holiday. Brimming with good food, amazing beaches and fascinating historic sites. Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Trogir to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Trogir
- Guesthouse Tiramola: a smart guesthouse in the heart of the Old Town, offering bright and stylish rooms and spacious self-catering apartments set in a 600-year old UNESCO-protected building. Great for couples!
- Brown Beach Hotel: a lovely little boutique hotel offering modern and elegant rooms with luxury marble bathrooms, a sumptuous restaurant, a pampering spa, an enormous pool overlooking the sea and some of the best views in town.
- Bifora Heritage Hotel: a cosy seaside hotel offering stylish and plush rooms fitted with exposed stone walls and shuttered windows, boasting a gourmet a la carte restaurant.
- Hotel Ola: a truly chic adults-only getaway boasting bewitching views of the sea and town, offering everything from simple and stylish rooms, a spa, sauna and a whole range of treatments. Perfect for couples on a romantic break!
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Split, (27km away) and get either a taxi or airport shuttle to Trogir.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 16 and 30 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Dalmatian Coast
- or Croatia
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Trogir
Best Hotels in Trogir
Guesthouse Tiramola Trogir 7 rooms from £43Active Holiday - There are lots of activities available on the Adriatic coast, from kayaking and snorkelling to cyclingLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the old town, this guesthouse is the perfect base for local exploringGroups - The self-contained apartments are great for travelling with a groupKayaking - There are lots of kayaking packages available to explore the natural beauty off the coast
A smart guesthouse nestled in Trogir's old town. Bright rooms boast modern interior design and chic ensuites. The spacious apartments are great for groups, with self-catering facilities housed in a 600-year old UNESCO Heritage-listed building. A charming and stylish hotel, great for a weekend away. See More
Bifora Heritage Hotel Trogir 15 rooms from £101Active Holiday - There are lots of activities on the Dalmatian coast to keep you active, from snorkelling and diving to cyclingBeach Life - Sitting on the marina, a stone's throw from pretty beaches, this hotel is great for a lazy seaside holidayRomantic Break - With bright and airy rooms and an intimate restaurant, this hotel is a favourite with couplesFull of character
A cosy seafront hotel in a beautiful heritage building. The rooms have simple, bright interior design to complement the exposed stone walls. The traditional shuttered windows offer views onto the old city or the sea. Enjoy fresh seafood in the hotel's à la carte restaurant; a stylish seaside stay. See More
Hotel Ola Trogir (Seget Donji) 50 rooms from £126Beach Life - Located just a couple of hundred metres from the sea plus sea taxis are accessible to transport you to nearby secluded spotsRomantic Break - This adult-only hotel offers chic rooms with breathtaking sea-views, infinity pool and terraced diningActive Holiday - One-day sailing trips on the hotel's own boat can be arranged, as can hikes, biking and guided toursFoodies - Black Pepper restaurant offers a range of fresh, local ingredients as well as paleo diet recipes
A stylish adult-only hotel offering a rejuvenating retreat with spa, sauna and multitude of in-house treatments. Located on a beautiful stretch of Croatian coast, rooms boast breathtaking sea-views. This stunning ocean spot provides activities ranging from sailing to local village exploration. See More
Brown Beach House Trogir 25 rooms from £184Local exploring - Ideally placed on the coast and just a short distance from Trogir's medieval old town.Sailing - Charter a boat and explore the coastline stopping for swims along the way.Diving - Explore the numerous diving sites full of coral, sponge and sealife.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trogir Cathedral.
A boutique hotel offering chic accommodation and glorious sea views. The rooms and suites are light and bright with pale wooden floors, large windows and luxurious marble bathrooms. The terrace restaurant serves up exemplary Mediterranean dishes and there's an enormous pool overlooking the sea. See More