- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Cyprus
Cyprus is the birthplace of some of the great travel-writing clichés of all time, but they’re hard to avoid: it really is a country of contrasts, where old meets new, where the mountains meet the sea, where east meets west and where you can ski and swim in the same day (at least at certain times of year). It also boasts an enormous choice of accommodation, but we have whittled it down and selected what we think are the best places to stay in Cyprus.
What To Expect
Small though Cyprus is - the Republic of Cyprus, excluding the Turkish-occupied North, covers just 14,400 square kilometres - it still has its pockets of wilderness: the rocky and barren Akamas peninsula, where sea-turtles lay eggs on deserted beaches; the Troodos mountain range (rising to the 1,952m summit of Mount Olympus); and the thickly forested hills of Tillyria where wild boar and mouflon roam.
Nicosia, the capital, is only an hour or so from the main beach resorts. It is sadly bereft of charming hotels, but its walled medieval centre has bags of character.
Although split in two by the no-man’s-land of the 1974 ceasefire line, it is possible to cross (via a city centre checkpoint) into the Turkish zone for a look at its medieval buildings and shabby but colourful markets.
If you want to experience the wilder side of this stunning island, some of the best places to stay in Cyprus are truly remote. Some boast stunning views, whilst others are perfect for those who want to do a spot of birdwatching or amble round country paths checking out the local flora and fauna.
Resort areas range from the somewhat brash Agia Napa and Protaras, near the eastern tip of the island, to the slightly more sophisticated Paphos in the west. Cyprus's two major coastal cities, Limassol and Larnaca, were the island’s original tourism hubs, with large and sunny, but bland, resort hotels along the coastlines in both directions.
What Not To Miss
- Cyprus also boasts a number of world-class ancient relics – notably, the Hellenistic mosaics of ancient Paphos; the huge Roman theatre at Kourion; the medieval castles at Colossi, Limassol and Larnaka; and the wonderful frescoed Byzantine churches of the Troodos.
- The outstanding Cyprus Museum, home to archaeological finds spanning several millennia, is an absolute must.
- Saint Lazarus Church boasts lovely architecture and a serene atmosphere, so it's worth popping into for a small visit.
- Whilst Cyprus boasts many beaches, we'd recommend in particular Konnos Bay and Makronissos Beach.
The best places to stay in Cyprus to make the most of its cultural highlights can generally be found in the heart of the old towns. Here the scents and flavours of the island's past come to life. You will also find that activities range from year-round golf and tennis to winter sports on the Troodos slopes, scuba diving off the northwest coast, windsurfing and sailing.
The Best Places To Stay In Cyprus
For a Beach Break
- Almyra is a chic, five star hotel on the coast in Paphos. The views are superb, the rooms white and bright, and most of them have a balcony, and there's a fantastic roof terrace and several excellent restaurants to choose from. It's also cool. But reasonably family friendly.
- Londa in Palodia 0 just outside Limassol, is chic, modern and very comfortable. There are generous baths, white rooms, a stunning pool deck overlooking the sea, the food is excellent and there's a luxurious spa.
- The Livadhiotis City Hotel, in the heart of Larnaca's old quarter, is a stylish yet no frills affair, ideally situated for checking out the fortress or exploring the waterfront and relaxing on the beach. Also good for an airport stopover.
- Located a few miles from the coast, Little Lodge offers just two bedrooms with shared kitchenette facilities and an outdoor pool. Ideal for families.
- The beachfront Thalassa Hotel's creamy suites feature large balconies and a private butler in each! With pools, a range of restaurants and a spoiling spa, it's a top-notch coastal getaway.
- The Library Hotel is a luxurious conversion of a 19th century house in the heart of one of Cyprus' few unspoilt villages. The food is an authentic Cypriot treat and there's a small spa, so you feel more like you are at a house party then a hotel.
- The Paradisos Hills Hotel is a fifteen-bedroom family run hotel in a stunning position in the hills above Polis. This is a great spot for walkers and people who fancy exploring the island on horseback and there's a lovely pool to relax in at the end of the day.
- Amarakos Farmhouse is a small, family run guesthouse with just seven rooms arranged around a charming stone courtyard which doubles as a cafe/ restaurant in summer. The food is home-cooked, locally-sourced and mostly organic. The beach is a short walk, there's a good sized pool and there are some beautiful walking trails out of the hotel.
- The Vasilias Nikoklis Inn is a rustic, but gorgeous, little inn in the Troodos mountain area. There's plenty to do and see in this region - churches, monasteries and mountains to explore and a peaceful, bougainvillea filled pool terrace to come back to.
- The countryside Leonidas Village Houses boasts five rustic chic self-catering rooms (think exposed stone and wooden furnishings) with lovely views of the area and an outdoor pool.
- Set in the Troodos mountains, Casale Panayiotis features charming rural accommodation with a superb spa and restaurant. The ideal romantic getaway.
- Apokryfo is a characterful spot, with rustic chic rooms featuring creamy furnishings and exposed brick work. There are also two villas on offer, sleeping up to eight, plus a spa and lovely restaurant.
- The Anassa is one of the finest of Cyprus's large and luxurious hotels, a spacious place offering private balconies with amazing views, a smart spa and four excellent restaurants.
- The So Nice Boutique Suites are a hugely stylist 'all suites' hotel on Nissi Bay, with beautiful gardens, and beautifully landscaped pool and an award-winning Japanese restaurant.
For a Resort Break
- The Columbia Beach Resort is right on the front of the bay, a beautiful place where everything is generously proportioned and tastefully decorated. It's not too big - there are 95 rooms - so it's still quite romantic. There is also a kid's club.
- Amathus Beach in Limassol is a huge resort with all the facilities you can imagine, including kid's clubs and a private beach.
- The Club Intercontinental at Aphrodite Hills is another big brand hotel, this one has a village-y feel. As well as having all the facilities you might imagine you might need in a resort, the Club Intercontinental also has one of the island's best golf courses.
- Four Season Cyprus boasts all the mod cons. you'd expect from the name, as well as smart contemporary accommodation and a private beach. An upmarket stay.
- The Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa Resort has mineral waters which have been attracting visitors since the 17th Century and this refuge from the modern world is still known for its rejuvenating properties. There is a full range of treatments in the spa and hammam and the accommodation is in chic, neutrally decorated, stone bungalows.
- Kiniras Traditional Hotel and Restaurant is located in the middle of old Paphos. it is full of character and an ideal choice if you want to experience a slice of local life. Visit the old fashioned market area for arts and crafts and get to know the locals in the surrounding bars and cafes.
On A Budget
- The Library Hotel in a relatively unspoiled traditional village near Limassol. The library of the Library is cosy, and has an open fireplace for cool evenings, there's a postcard perfect courtyard cafe for sunny breakfasts and shady afternoons and a gourmet restaurant, steam and mud bathe and a hydrotherapy pool. The eight rooms and three suites are themed by authors and start from just £55 per night.
- The Ambelikos Traditional AgroHotel has bags of rustic charm: lovely, traditional stone rooms overlooking the surrounded hills, a small spa, cosy taverna and plenty of romance. The 15 rooms start from just £59 per night.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you're travelling with family or in a larger group, the best accommodation option is often self-catering. We recommend checking out the wide range with our online partner Booking.com.
- Whilst never exactly balmy, Cyprus is nicest weather-wise in the summer months - with the average daily temperature rising to 26°C in July and August.
- This however is peak tourist season, so for a quieter alternative consider visiting in May, September or October.
- You can fly direct to Larnaka Airport from Gatwick, Heathrow, Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow, East-Midlands and Stansted during winter. Or you can fly to Pafos airport direct from Heathrow, Edinburgh, Bristol, Manchester, Luton and Gatwick. Flying times vary from four and a quarter hours to five.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
- Take a look at our Guru's lists of the best places to stay in the Cyclades
- or the best places to stay in the Dodecanese.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Cyprus
Leonidas Village Houses 5 rooms from $63Goudi, Cyprus
The picturesque Leonidas Village Houses offers an authentic Cypriot holiday experience. The charming traditional houses boast original stone walls and simple rustic-chic furnishings. Enjoy glorious views out over Goudi village and the surrounding mountains. A Cypriot gem.Country Escape - An enchanting village like cluster of stone-made houses, dotted around the lovely gardens and pool.Great walks - There are plenty of beautiful walking trails in the nearby Akamas Peninsula National Park.Local markets - Explore the local markets of Goudhi village and pick up some regional treats.Sights nearby - Located just nine miles from the historic Agios Georgios Church.
Vasilias Nikoklis Inn 8 rooms from $76Nikoklia, Cyprus
A gorgeous little rustic inn in the Troodos mountain area. Bougainvillea filled terrace and swimming pool area. Plenty to do in the area; sightseeing of monasteries and churches and mountain sports. A rural refuge, and great value.Local exploringGreat walks - Many great walks on the doorstepFishing - In Asprokremnos DamSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Casale Panayiotis 28 rooms from $78Kalopanayiotis, Cyprus
Wonderfully unique hotel in the Troodos mountain region. Chic rural charm throughout rooms and suites - stone walls, wooden beams, fireplaces, beautiful linens. Excellent spa and restaurant with terrace. Plenty to explore in the mountains and villages around. Very romantic.WellbeingSpa breaksValue chicRomantic Break
Ambelikos Traditional AgroHotel 15 rooms from $80Potamitissa, Cyprus
A back to nature experience in charming rustic accommodation in the hills. Lovely rooms with balconies have wooden beams, stone walls and beautiful valley views. Small spa, cosy taverna, and plenty to do in the surrounding nature. Rural, romantic.Views - Panorama Loft rooms have breathtaking viewsBack to NatureValue chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Kiniras Traditional Hotel & Restaurant 18 rooms from $91Paphos, Cyprus
A traditional building in upper Paphos - the more authentic part of town -makes an attractive hotel with plenty of character. Beaches and entertainment just minutes away.Restaurant - Serves traditional and authentic Cypriot cuisineOwner managed - Been in the same family for the last 80 yearsFull of characterTraditional
Paradisos Hills Hotel 15 rooms from $93Lysos, Cyprus
Excellent small family-run hotel with a tranquil setting and views of wooded hills, in a quiet pocket of Cyprus. Riding and walking nearby, a good pool for relaxing, or beaches a drive away.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Views - Great views from hotel
Livadhiotis City Hotel 58 rooms from $97Larnaca, Cyprus
Smartly designed but no frills family-run hotel in the heart of Larnaca’s old quarter, close to the waterfront. Ideal for stopovers when flying in or out, as just minutes from the airport.Lively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
So Nice Boutique Suites 60 rooms from $103Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Exceptionally stylish, colourful boutique hotel of bungalow suites, with lovely lawn and pools and a gourmet Japanese restaurant. Well located on Nissi Bay.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
Little Lodge 2 rooms from $130Maroni, Cyprus
Charming little B&B with spectacular views a few miles from the beach. Just two bedrooms with a shared kitchenette in traditional style. White washed walls, paintings, picturesque terraces and a lovely pool. A great spot for a family holiday near the beach.FamiliesSights nearby - Plenty of archaeological sites close by. Only 30 mins from Larnaca, Limassol and NicosiaViews - Lovely views of the valley and mountainsSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Almyra 189 rooms from $123Paphos, Cyprus
Chic Five Star luxury on the coast in Paphos. Stunning views, unique services, all white rooms and suites with balconies, roof terraces, excellent restaurants, beach access and extensive spa. Family friendly and super cool.FoodiesActive HolidaySpa breaksBeach LifeRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Thalassa Hotel 58 rooms from $159Coral Bay, Cyprus
A sophisticated beach front hotel with excellent restaurants, extensive spa, and fabulous sea views. Beautiful creamy suites with ochre hues have huge private balconies and private butlers (for each). A short drive from Paphos and access to all beach life. A romantic spot with privacy of distance.Views - Wonderful views over Coral BayBeach LifeSights nearby - Surrounding monasteries. archaeological sites of Paphos.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsRecommended by - CN Traveller, Small Luxury Hotels
Club InterContinental at Aphrodite Hills 220 rooms from $149Paphos, Cyprus
Hotel-within-a-hotel at a low-rise, luxury resort with an intimate, village feel and great golf. Kids clubs and teens clubs with gym, nine tennis courts, riding, and a private beach club.Large HotelSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Spa
Ayii Anargyri Natural Healing Spa Resort 18 rooms from $160Miliou, Cyprus
A unique spa healing resort designed as a refuge from the modern world. Simple contemporary chic rooms, suites and bungalows in neutral tones. Fantastic spa with every treatment under the sun. Lovely pool area and a great restaurant. Lots to do around. Romantic and rejuvenating.Spa - Fantastic spa is the focal point of the hotelSpa breaksGreat walks - Walking and hiking in the Troodos mountainsSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools
Amarakos Farmhouse 3 rooms from $160Kato Akourdalia, Cyprus
Family run small guesthouse with courtyard restaurant-bar, home-cooked, mostly organic food from the family farm, and a pool. Great walking, birdwatching, and beach nearby. Would suit families.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolOutstanding locationGreat walks - Good for walkers.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Amathus Beach Limassol 239 rooms from $194Limassol, Cyprus
Luxury hotel chain flagship with large grounds, top-notch facilities and service, close to archeological sites. Huge rooms, great views, lovely pools, private beach and excellent restaurants.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsKids Club - Fully staffed.SpaBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Apokryfo 7 rooms from $171Lofou, Cyprus
Gorgeously characterful hotel in a sleepy village with an excellent restaurant. Rooms, suites and 2 villas (sleeping 8) in elegant traditional design. Exposed brick work, creamy furnishings, fireplaces and wooden balconies. Delicious food and wine, and a great spa. An ideal base to explore from.Foodies - Delicicous authentic mezzes.Active HolidayFamiliesGroupsRecommended by - I Escape
Four Seasons Cyprus 304 rooms from $206Limassol, Cyprus
Five Star services and facilities typical of the Four Seasons group. A luxury resort on the beach front just outside Limassol. Wonderful botanic gardens and pool area lead to a private beach. Gourmet restaurants, extensive spa, and contemporary rooms and suites. Romantic and family friendly.Garden - Fantastic sprawling gardens.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeViews - Great views from hotel
Londa 68 rooms from $189Palodia, Cyprus
A cool contemporary chic hotel on the coast just outside Limassol. All white rooms and suites are modern in style with huge bath tubs and private balconies. Stunning pool deck over the sea, excellent food, and a luxurious spa. Ideal for a lazy summer holiday.Beach LifeCity StyleSights nearby - Crusader castle at Kolossi.SpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Columbia Beach Resort 95 rooms from $257Pissouri, Cyprus
A stunning bay front beach resort with beautiful suites, restaurants, spa, enormous pool and private beach. Tasteful suites and family suites have wooden furniture, stone floors, private balconies and all the mod cons. Romantic, but still family friendly (kids club), and perfect for a beach holiday.Views - Stunning bay views.Swimming Pool - Enormous 80m poolOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Spa breaksRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Anassa 177 rooms from $299Polis, Cyprus
One of the island’s finest hotels, with glorious Tuscan-style grounds, fabulous rooms, top spa, excellent restaurant and superb views from lovely terraces. Village harbour a short walk away, and activities include hiking and scuba diving.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsSpa - Thalassa spa.Garden - Attractive outside space.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection