Search the best hotels in Limassol
Limassol is the second-largest city in Cyprus and is surely one of the most attractive. With its wide stretches of sandy coastline, pure azure waters, picturesque Old Town and abundance of historic buildings, there is something for everyone in this radiant city. Ideal for a family holiday or a romantic getaway, Limassol boasts an enormous variety of things-to-do: whether you're immersing yourself in its history at one of the many museums, taking a pleasant sunlit stroll down the wide seaside promenade, walking in the castle where Richard the Lionheart got married or lounging with a cocktail at the beach. Our collection of the best places to stay in Limassol range from quaint spots in the heart of the historic centre to luxury beach stays.
Limassol's Old Town is a labyrinthine maze of narrow cobbled streets that bustle with life and colour. They are centred around Limassol Castle - where the crusader king Richard the Lionheart got married - which also houses the Medieval Museum of Cyprus, one of the best museums on the island, regularly the host of national exhibitions. The castle itself has an exterior of Turkish design, owing to the fact the Ottomans rebuilt it in 1590. If you're a history lover, you will revel in visiting Kourion - an archaeological site dating back to the Romano-Greek period. There is an amphitheatre, baths and a whole host of ancient villas with some gorgeous mosaics.
This area teems with stylish bars and gourmet restaurants, as well as some fine upmarket shops. On St. Andrew's Street, for instance, you can find chic boutiques and tailors selling made-to-measure clothes and handmade shoes, while on Makarios Avenue, you can find designer stores. Also in the historic centre is Limassol's Old Port, a wonderful place for a bite-to-eat of hearty seafood, and where you can watch the colourful little fishing boats bob serenely in the waters.
As you head east you reach the Cathedral, Agia Napa - a spectacular example of 19th-century architecture - and some of the best beaches in Cyprus. Dasoudi Beach, for example, was awarded the Blue Flag and is a lovely pebbled sandy beach ideal for sunbathing. If you want to join the locals, head to Lady's Mile Beach but for something more secluded, the Governor's Beach is your best bet - a lovely limestone cove - perfectly secluded. Take some time to stroll over towards the municipal gardens, a public park baring a small zoo and an amphitheatre - and the site of the annual Wine Festival that takes place every September.
What not to miss
- Sip a cocktail and lounge with a good book on the pristine sands of Dasoudi Beach!
- Immerse yourself in Limassol's ancient past by exploring the ruined villas and theatres of Kourion.
- Take in the sea-air and stroll along the promenade at sunset.
- Walk along St. Andrew's Street and check out the boutiques selling handmade shoes and tailored clothes!
- Bathe in the cultural heritage of Cyprus by going to one of Limassol's many museums, from the Archaeological Museum to the Medieval Museum of Cyprus - held in Limassol Castle.
With so much to offer it is no wonder that this is a popular destination so to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Limassol we recommend booking well in advance.
The best places to stay in Limassol
- Alasia Hotel: ideal for exploring the historic centre, Alasia offers 61 chic and bright rooms complete with parquet flooring and marble-tiled bathrooms. The private balconies offer commanding views of the sea, and the spa facilities are as indulgent as they come.
- Amathus Beach Limassol: an enormous luxury chain with its own private beach, it offers contemporary rooms with private balconies. Ideal for families, there is a fully-staffed kids club and both indoor and outdoor pools.
- Londa: on the coast just outside the city, an effortlessly cool hotel with 68 white and modern rooms with private balconies. There is a spoiling spa and stunning sundeck overlooking the sea. Ideal for couples.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the autumn when you miss the summer tourist crowds and the unbearable heat and the temperature ranges between 17 and 29 degrees.
- Fly to either Larnaca or Paphos and get public transport to Limassol.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Paphos.
- Widen the field and look at all the best places to stay in Cyprus.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Limassol
Best Hotels in Limassol
Alasia Hotel Limassol 61 rooms from £121Spa breaks - Indulge in a massage at the spa or unwind in the sauna and steam room.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the region's historical sights.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby sites of the Amathus Ruins, the Curium Amphitheatre or the Kolossi Castle.Restaurant - Polo Restaurant for fine dining and the Terrace for something more relaxed.
Sir Paul Hotel Limassol 22 rooms from £125Local exploring - Located in the heart of historic Limassol offering easy access both to the beach and the town's main attractionsSights nearby - Visit Kourion, a fascinating archaeological UNESCO site, dating back 6000 yearsFull of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A very chic boutique property located in the heart Limassol and just steps from the beach. The old building has been artfully converted with fresh interiors which highlight, rather than hide, the building's original features. All set around a leafy courtyard (perfect for sipping cocktails). Superb! See More
Amathus Beach Limassol Limassol 239 rooms from £149Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Outstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Four Seasons Cyprus Limassol 304 rooms from £158Garden - Fantastic sprawling gardens.Views - Great views from hotelBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Five Star services and facilities typical of the Four Seasons group. A luxury resort on the beach front just outside Limassol. Wonderful botanic gardens and pool area lead to a private beach. Gourmet restaurants, extensive spa, and contemporary rooms and suites. Romantic and family friendly. See More
Londa Limassol 68 rooms from £143Beach LifeCity StyleSpa - The spa offers Elemis treatments, plus relaxation area with hot tub, steam room, plunge pool and jet shower.Sights nearby - Crusader castle at Kolossi.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Parklane Resort & Spa Limassol 274 rooms from £172Spa breaks - The stylish stylish Kalloni Spa has a full range of treatments and therapy poolsLocal exploring - Located just minutes from the ancient city-kingdom of AmathousBeach Life - A luxury resort situated right on a gorgeous stretch of beachSights nearby - Head to Limassol to visit the medieval castle where Richard the Lionheart married
A luxury hotel sandwiched between a picturesque stretch of beach and the ancient city-kingdom of Amathous. Sleek rooms offer contemporary design and spectacular sea views from the expansive windows. Boasting three pools (one reserved only for adults) and an indulgent spa. A spoiling stay. See More