Search the best hotels in Paphos
Paphos is a tale of two cities. There is the touristy Paphos, full of pubs and high street stores, waterparks and white-sand Blue-Flag beaches. Then there is the historical Paphos, one of the most archaeologically-rich areas of the Eastern Mediterranean: the birthplace of Aphrodite, a treasure trove of gorgeous Roman and Byzantine mosaics - where mountains teem with archaic monasteries - where St. Paul was lashed to a pillar for spreading Christianity. Truly, there is something for everyone in Paphos. The best places to stay in Paphos are equally as diverse and accomodate all types of holidays from boutique boltholes, suited to culture-vultures, to luxury beach-side hotels geared to families and couples.
Cyprus' reputation as a romantic island retreat is long-established. Marc Antony famously gifted the fragrant, near-celestial island to his lover Cleopatra. While it was also near Paphos, as the Romano-Greek mythic tradition details, that Aphrodite - goddess of love and beauty - was borne from the foam of the sea. It is unsurprising, really, that Paphos continues to boast a reputation for pristine, white-sand beaches - the vast majority of which are Blue Flag - scintillating azure waters and long days of sunshine, all against a picturesque backdrop of the Troodos Mountains, bearded with cedar and pine trees and inhabited by wild sheep.
Paphos can be divided into two halves: there is Ktima, the elegant Old Town - full of stately colonial homes and museums - and then there is Kato, a touristy place, brimming with British pubs and sumptuous seafood restaurants. It is here that you will find the Kato Paphos Archaeological Park, strewn along the harbour, an exceedingly impressive collection of Roman ruins and beautiful mosaics. While you're there, check out the Saranta Kolones Fortress, an impressive Byzantine castle. On the outskirts of town are the Tombs of the Kings, surely one of Paphos' greatest attractions, used from the 4th century onwards as the burial place for the local nobility, a warren of caves and sandstone tombs. Far outside of town is Kourion, a 2000-seat Roman amphitheatre, standing on a hill overlooking the sea - one of Cyprus' most important sites - and a venue that is still in use to this day.
It'll come as no surprise that this is a popular spot so to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Paphos we recommend booking your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Paphos
- Elysium: a truly magical place, full of collonades, waterfalls, mosaic tiles and cool marble floors. The rooms are elegant, there is a world-class spa, several restaurants and bars, tennis courts and a cafe. Perfect for a romantic getaway or a honeymoon.
- Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel: an adults-only resort ideal for couples in search of privacy and total tranquillity. There are four restaurants, a spoiling spa and on-site activities ranging from volleyball to archery. Perfect for a romantic beach holiday.
- The Annabelle: A sprawling resort comprising of interlinking pools and numerous accommodation options on a lovely stretch of coast. A lovely hideaway for two.
Value for money
- Almyra: real value for money. A chic 5* hotel offering stylish all-white rooms with private balconies, restaurants and beach access.
- Kiniras Traditional Hotel & Restaurant: A traditional building in upper Paphos - the more authentic part of town. A perfect choice for those looking for a quintessential Paphos stay.
- Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel: true barefoot luxury. A luxurious 5* resort standing on a private stretch of beach. Simple and spacious suites, an indulgent spa and exemplary service. Utterly divine.
- Azia Resort & Spa is an elegant five-star property located on a quiet beach outside Paphos. Stylish rooms are all white on white with contemporary artwork. Boasting no less than nine restaurants and a fabulous spa, this is an indulgent stay.
For an apartment or villa
- If you want the option of self-catering, our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- With 300 days of sunshine per year, there is never really a bad time to go. To best avoid the heaving throngs of summer crowds - and for the most clement weather - go in the autumn, when temperatures average at around 20 degrees.
- Fly to Paphos Airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Paphos
Kiniras Traditional Hotel & Restaurant Paphos 18 rooms from £69Restaurant - Serves traditional and authentic Cypriot cuisineOwner managed - Been in the same family for the last 80 yearsFull of characterTraditional
Almyra Paphos 189 rooms from £94Families - With age specific kids clubs, childrens concierge and excellent adults facilities, it's ideal for a family holiday.FoodiesActive HolidaySpa breaksRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
The Annabelle Paphos 244 rooms from £117Total relaxation - A tranquil seaside spot perfect for relaxing summer holidays.Sights nearby - Visit Paphos’s medieval castle, Roman ruins and world famous mosaics.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
A sprawling resort comprising of interlinking pools and numerous accommodation options on a lovely stretch of coast. Light and airy rooms are slightly varied but all have light hues, plenty of marble and large floor to ceiling windows. Perfect for family holidays or romantic breaks. See More
Azia Resort & Spa Paphos (Chloraka) 305 rooms from £137Families - With its smart accommodation, plus endless activities and clubs, this resort is ideal for all ages.Spa breaks - The award-winning spa uses luxury Elemis products and has a wide array of treatmentsPrivate Hot Tub - Some superior rooms and suites come with a balcony plus private hot tubKids Club - Not only is there a kids club, but also a teen's nighclub!
An elegant five-star property located on a quiet beach outside Paphos. Stylish rooms are white on white with contemporary artwork made from natural materials and all benefit from either sea or mountain views. Boasting no less than nine restaurants and a fabulous spa. An indulgent stay. See More
Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel Paphos (Yeroskipou) 242 rooms from £139Weddings - A spectacular, and popular, destination for beach weddingsSights nearby - Located close to the best Paphos has to offer including the Old Town and the medieval CastleSpa - Body and facial treatments availableSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
This adults-only resort is perfect for those in search of privacy and relaxation, offering four on-site restaurants, a luxury spa and activities including archery and volleyball. Accommodation ranges from spacious standard rooms to luxury suites with private pools. Perfect for a romantic retreat. See More
Elysium 8016 Paphos City 242 rooms from £187Honeymoons - Some villas have private gardens and a pool surrounded by a stone colonnadeFamilies - Family Maisonettes and villas with private garden and pool.Beach Life - Private beach that blossoms with romanceViews - Great views from hotel
Elegant 5-star hotel on the Cyprian coast designed in a traditional style, with colonnades, cool marble floors, mosaics, terracotta tiles and waterfalls. It has a world-class spa, pools, tennis courts and a grand total of 5 restaurants, 2 bars and 1 cafe. Perfect for weddings or romantic getaways. See More
Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel Paphos 84 rooms from £308Romantic Break - Some rooms come with their own private pool on their balcony. Romantic dinner's for two can be organised on the pier.Spa breaks - The Spa facilities offer everything from steam and sauna rooms and a gym to a hair salon and body therapy clinic.Beach Life - Walk barefoot out of your suite to the hotel's very own beach.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool