Search the best hotels in Paphos
Long considered a romantic coastal retreat, the Cypriot city of Paphos boasts white-sand beaches and sun-drenched Mediterranean charm aplenty. This is also one of the most archaeologically rich areas of the Eastern Mediterranean, with gorgeous Roman and Byzantine mosaics, historic monuments and a fascinating cultural heritage. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, from simple guesthouses in the city centre to luxurious resorts overlooking the ocean. Whether you’re dreaming of tranquil spa days in elegant surroundings or fabulous family-friendly resorts, our pick of the best places to stay in Paphos has something for everyone.
Legend has it that Marc Anthony gifted beautiful Cyprus to his lover Cleopatra, and it was near Paphos that the goddess Aphrodite reputedly rose from the waves. With scintillating azure waters and brilliant beaches set against the picturesque peaks of the tree-studded Troodos Mountains, Cyprus — and Paphos in particular — continues to enchant the modern-day visitor. Explore the stately colonial homes and museums in the Old Town of Ktima, marvel at myriad mementos in the markets, join lively groups for stellar seafood in popular Kato, or escape to ancient mountainside monasteries. Cultural highlights include the Kato Paphos Archaeological Park, the impressive Saranta Kolones Fortress and the ancient Tombs of the Kings. Time your visit carefully to catch a live event at Kourion, a 2000-seat Roman amphitheatre with sweeping views down to the sea.
With stacks of ancient culture, fabulous fresh food and gorgeous landscapes to discover, Paphos is a brilliant year-round destination. Whether you’re eager to simply bask in the seaside sunshine or to experience the region’s intriguing heritage, our pick of the best places to stay in Paphos will ensure that you’re perfectly placed to make the very most of your visit. Hotels here fill up fast, so book well in advance to avoid missing out!
The best places to stay in Paphos
For great value
- Kiniras Traditional Hotel & Restaurant offers 18 simple but comfortable rooms for those looking for a laid-back slice of quintessential Paphos. Stroll the streets, explore the market and nearby taverns and grills, before returning to lounge on the shady terrace. Excellent value and a relaxed, friendly feel.
For a romantic retreat
- Elysium is a gorgeous seaside resort with elegant bedrooms and a world-class spa for a truly indulgent stay. With tennis courts and swimming pools, as well as several restaurants and bars, this is a top spot for a luxurious honeymoon or couples getaway.
- Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel is a chic, contemporary adults-only oasis. Highlights include a soothing spa, four restaurants and activities ranging from archery to volleyball. Nab a suite with private plunge pool for romantic bliss.
- Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel is a luxurious 5* resort with spacious, sumptuously-appointed suites, an indulgent spa and excellent service. Think candlelit dinners and a tranquil barefoot beach strolls.
- The Annabelle is a classic colonial-style hotel with refreshing blue-and-white decor in 224 lovely rooms and suites, including interconnecting options ideal for those travelling with little ones. A lively kids’ club, family-friendly Cypriot experiences and laid-back resort eateries add to the fantastic family feel.
- Azia Resort & Spa is a glamorous Mediterranean resort with smart, stylish rooms. Whilst adults will adore the indulgent spa, a wealth of activities — including a swish film academy and dedicated teens-only nightclub — make this a stellar spot for the whole family.
- Almyra boasts chilled, contemporary family suites and interconnecting rooms with a modern minimalist vibe. Kids’ club activities include baking and pottery-making, baby items can be ordered online in advance to save on packing, and child-friendly menus are fun and creative. A 5* spot!
For an apartment or villa
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Regular international flights to Paphos Airport (6.5 kilometres from the city) make Paphos easily accessible. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup.
- Alternatively, contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- With 300 days of sunshine per year, there’s never a bad time to visit Paphos! Cyprus is immensely popular, however, so it’s best to book well in advance if travelling during the summer months (July & August). The autumn is a wonderful time for a quieter trip.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to explore the best places to stay in Limassol.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in Cyprus.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Paphos
Best Hotels in Paphos
Kiniras Traditional Hotel & Restaurant Paphos 18 rooms from £69Restaurant - Serves traditional and authentic Cypriot cuisineOwner managed - Been in the same family for the last 80 yearsFull of characterTraditional
Almyra Paphos 189 rooms from £94Families - With age specific kids clubs, childrens concierge and excellent adults facilities, it's ideal for a family holiday.FoodiesActive HolidaySpa breaksRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
The Annabelle Paphos 244 rooms from £117Total relaxation - A tranquil seaside spot perfect for relaxing summer holidays.Sights nearby - Visit Paphos’s medieval castle, Roman ruins and world famous mosaics.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
A sprawling resort comprising of interlinking pools and numerous accommodation options on a lovely stretch of coast. Light and airy rooms are slightly varied but all have light hues, plenty of marble and large floor to ceiling windows. Perfect for family holidays or romantic breaks. See More
Azia Resort & Spa Paphos (Chloraka) 305 rooms from £137Families - With its smart accommodation, plus endless activities and clubs, this resort is ideal for all ages.Spa breaks - The award-winning spa uses luxury Elemis products and has a wide array of treatmentsPrivate Hot Tub - Some superior rooms and suites come with a balcony plus private hot tubKids Club - Not only is there a kids club, but also a teen's nighclub!
An elegant five-star property located on a quiet beach outside Paphos. Stylish rooms are white on white with contemporary artwork made from natural materials and all benefit from either sea or mountain views. Boasting no less than nine restaurants and a fabulous spa. An indulgent stay. See More
Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel Paphos (Yeroskipou) 242 rooms from £139Weddings - A spectacular, and popular, destination for beach weddingsSights nearby - Located close to the best Paphos has to offer including the Old Town and the medieval CastleSpa - Body and facial treatments availableSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
This adults-only resort is perfect for those in search of privacy and relaxation, offering four on-site restaurants, a luxury spa and activities including archery and volleyball. Accommodation ranges from spacious standard rooms to luxury suites with private pools. Perfect for a romantic retreat. See More
Elysium 8016 Paphos City 242 rooms from £187Honeymoons - Some villas have private gardens and a pool surrounded by a stone colonnadeFamilies - Family Maisonettes and villas with private garden and pool.Beach Life - Private beach that blossoms with romanceViews - Great views from hotel
Elegant 5-star hotel on the Cyprian coast designed in a traditional style, with colonnades, cool marble floors, mosaics, terracotta tiles and waterfalls. It has a world-class spa, pools, tennis courts and a grand total of 5 restaurants, 2 bars and 1 cafe. Perfect for weddings or romantic getaways. See More
Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel Paphos 84 rooms from £308Romantic Break - Some rooms come with their own private pool on their balcony. Romantic dinner's for two can be organised on the pier.Spa breaks - The Spa facilities offer everything from steam and sauna rooms and a gym to a hair salon and body therapy clinic.Beach Life - Walk barefoot out of your suite to the hotel's very own beach.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool