Search the best hotels in Dahab
Dahab, previously a small sleepy fishing village, is now a charming divers paradise with a few smart hotels popping up alongside some chic sea-side apartments. An easy one-hour taxi drive from Sharm El Sheikh airport this is an ideal destination if you’re looking for somewhere with soul and charm on the Red Sea.The best places to stay in Dahab are chic low-key (and low budget) hotels and apartments that provide great bases for enjoying its various offerings. While for those more interested in some indulgence in the sun then the luxury hotels mostly located just outside Dahab itself are a good option.
Diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, kitesurfing, sunbathing, and safaris/mountain climbing in neighbouring Sinai are amongst the main attractions. There are nearly 20 dive sites in or near Dahab, including world-renowned reefs such as Canyon and Blue Hole just a short jeep ride away and several “house reefs” also offering excellent dives and snorkelling right in the town centre. The best hotels in Dahab usually organise dive excursions to both these destinations.
Dahab lies on the south Sinai peninsula so the famous Mount Sinai and St. Catherine's monastery are not far away. You can also organise a camel or jeep safari into the desert. Evenings will likely be spent in one of the numerous seafood restaurants which line the shore most of which are excellent value.
The best places to stay in Dahab
For diving enthusiasts
- Dahab Paradise in Dahab – charming beachfront rooms with balconies on the coast of this sleepy fishing village. Offering its own dive centre ideal for both beginners and certified divers, direct access to the beach, triple rooms, traditional food and its not too far from the town's buzzing nightlife.
For a beachside stay
- Acacia Dahab is a charming family-run hotel located just outside Dahab, overlooking the sea. The bedouin style restaurant has a relaxed vibe and makes the most of those coastal views while there is a large courtyard pool for those looking for a break from the sand!
For an apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
- Sharm El Sheikh airport is the nearest airport (around an hour's drive) and taxis cost about £30 if you haggle well. Alternatively, there is a bus service too.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in Florence and you want to see more of Tuscany - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- In the summer months (May-August) tempreatures are in the high 30s so the best time to visit Dahab is during the cooler shoulder seasons of March-April and October-November. Hotels are likely to be less busy then too as it's outside of school holidays.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include Marsa Alam or Hurghada for more beach options.
- Alternatively, browse through our collection of the best properties across Egypt.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Dahab
Dahab Paradise Dahab 35 rooms from £38Diving - Dahab is considered to be one of the Sinai's most treasured diving locations. Both the Canyon and Blue Hole are close by.Beach LifeValue chicSights nearby - Mount Sinai and St Catherine’s Monastery.Recommended by - I Escape
A charming beach front hotel at a bargain price. Charming traditional rooms and triples have private balconies. Lovely circular swimming pool, direct access to the beach, and good traditional cuisine. Close to the desert, nightlife, and many water sports. Perfect for families, excellent value. See More
Dive Urge Dahab 8 rooms from £31Active Holiday - With a dive centre onsite that can provide equipment and instructors, book this hotel for an action-packed diving holidayBeach Life - Set on a quiet stretch of private beach on the Sinai coast, this hotel makes the perfect, tranquil seaside getawayFamilies - This hotel is great for parents, with family suites that can accommodate children and child-friendly activitiesBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
This warm, family-run guesthouse sits on the Sinai coast in divers' paradise Dahab. Inside, guestrooms have tiled floors and traditional Bedouin rugs. Set out to explore the reefs with an instructor from the hotel's dive centre. The relaxed atmosphere here is great for families and couples alike. See More
Acacia Dahab Hotel Dahab 43 rooms from £39Families - With triple rooms on offer, a cost-friendly price tag and close proximity to the sea this is the ideal spot for a family holidayBeach Life - Located within walking distance of the beach this is a laid-back hotel perfect for a beach escapeDiving - Dahab is renowned for its fantastic coral reef and there are around 50 dive centres in townSights nearby - Spend a day exploring St Catherine’s Monastery and Mount Moses
A charming family-run hotel located just outside Dahab overlooking the sea. Simple yet functional rooms are light and airy with crisp white linen and the best lend superb sea views. A bedouin style seating area gives an authentic touch to the restaurant and the palm-fringed pool is a real draw. See More
Casa d'Or Dahab 8 rooms from £65Beach Life - Set on the pretty Sinai coast, with beautiful views and attentive staff, choose this hotel for a relaxing beach breakActive Holiday - With direct diving access from the hotel and a team of instructors onsite, book this hotel for your next diving tripFamilies - This hotel caters well to parents; family suites can cater to children and kids love the outdoor pool tooDiving - See the world-famous reefs off the coast of Dahab on a diving trip; hire equipment from the hotel
This orientalist seafront hotel is tucked away in Dahab on Egypt's south coast. Latticework detail and dome-style alcoves add a stylised feel to the contemporary guestrooms, while a pretty pool occupies the interior courtyard. The hotel offers direct sea access, perfect for a family diving holiday. See More
Jaz Dahabeya Dahab (South Sinai) 144 rooms from £73Beach Life - Set on a beautiful stretch of the Sinai coast, with a private beach and huge pool, this resort is perfect for a beach breakActive Holiday - With a range of watersports available, plus trekking in the mountains, this hotel is great for active holidaymakersFamilies - Families are well-catered to at this resort, from the kid's club and pool to the large family suitesKids Club - Fully staffed.
This stylish, understated resort is located in Dahab, against the backdrop of the Sinai Mountains. Contemporary guestrooms bring the seaside in with a sandy palette; book a spacious suite for a family stay. Cool off in the huge outdoor pool or try your hand at watersports at this smart beach resort. See More