- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Annecy
Annecy is beautifully positioned on the shores of Lake Annecy, sublimely fringed by alpine hills and mountains. Some people say it’s the most beautiful part of France - with a strong local identity, peaceful, rural views and a stunning old town, run through by charming little canals, and packed with architectural treasures dating from when Annecy was the seat of the Dukes of Savoy and the region's capital. You’ll find many of the best places to stay in Annecy in the old town, in converted palaces and graceful mansions, but if your idea of the best places to stay in Annecy involves beautiful lake views then you’re in for a treat with our Guru’s recommendations. There are some real humdingers when it comes to peaceful panoramic lakeside perfection.
Annecy is a wonderful place to be outdoors, and the many outdoor cafes and small parks are busy with people just enjoying this view. This is a wonderful region for anyone who enjoys a stroll, be it a sedate amble along the river, or a ramble in the hills worthy of a mountain goat.
What Not To Miss
- Overlooking the city and the lake, the Château d’Annecy, built between the 13th and 16th centuries, is definitely one of the places to see.
- As is the 12th century Palais d’Isle, which sits on a little triangular island, and was once a palace before then becoming a prison.
- La Vieille Ville, Annency's Old Town, is a wonderfully charming place to visit. Meander around taking in the lovely medieval architecture before stopping off for a break in one of the many cafes.
- Pont des Amours, as you might've guessed from the name, is a beautifully picturesque spot from which to enjoy a great view of the lake.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Annecy has something for everyone, whether it's gourmet cuisine, lakeside views or a luxury bolthole that you desire.
The best places to stay in annecy
- If you’re looking for a romantic escape in the mountains then the Abbaye de Talloires is a beautiful choice. Converted from a stunning monastery, set right on Lake Annecy, the Abbey de Talloires has 33 spacious rooms, some with freestanding baths and lake views. There’s also a gourmet restaurant.
- Yoann Conte is also on Lake Annecy, an eight-room restaurant with rooms boasting two Michelin stars. The interiors are stunning with a luxurious alpine feel and you’re beautifully secluded from the outside world.
- Located in the mountains outside Thornes, La Ferme Des Vonezins offers an intimate experience. Their two cosy bedrooms are typically Alpine, with plenty of wood, whilst there's also a scrummy and atmospheric restaurant. A relaxing, romantic bolthole.
- The Clos des Sens is just back from the lake, offering even more spectacular views of it, as well as views of the mountains surrounding this ten-room hotel. The decor is contemporary with some pleasing geometry and fancy fireplaces. There’s also a heated outdoor lap pool and a gourmet restaurant.
For lakeside glamour
- For a touch of glamour by Lake Annecy try the Hotel Clos Marcel, a chic, 14 room hotel with contemporary rooms, designer furniture and mountain views. The restaurant is modern and there’s a private beach and spa.
- Set right on Lake Annecy's waterfront, Le Cottage Bise provides chic, crisp accommodation and a large outdoor pool. Hop in the spa to truly unwind before enjoying the sunset on the veranda with a cocktail.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- If you're here for skiing in nearby La Clusaz, Le Grand Bornand, Manigod or Sain Jean de Sixt then you're obviously best off coming from late November to March.
- If however you want to do a spot of sightseeing, it's advisable to come in the summer. In July the average temperature rises to 20°C, so it's not as balmy as elsewhere in the country, but still perfectly pleasant to enjoy being out and about.
- Geneva Airport is the nearest major international airport, located 45 km away across the border.
- From here, you can hop on a bus to Annecy which takes an hour and a half.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Annecy
Abbaye de Talloires 33 rooms from $193Annecy
A stunning converted monastery set amidst epic surrounds. Gorgeous airy rooms with high ceilings, sash windows and wonderful views. The bathrooms are equally spacious and some boast free standing baths. All this plus a gourmet restaurant and numerous bars. An utterly spoiling country retreat.Country Escape - With Lake Annecy infront and the Alps looming behind this is an impressive rural location.Sights nearby - The fairy tale like Menthon-Saint-Bernard Castle makes a great day trip.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Yoann Conte 8 rooms from $216Annecy
Two Michelin stars, a private pontoon, gorgeous gardens and personal balconies from which to observe all these delights. Stunning interiors with a luxury alpine feel. The ideal property for a relaxing, and secluded getaway on the shores of Lake Annecy, with plenty to do in summer or winter.Foodies - The restaurant has two Michelin StarsRuralViews - Great views from hotelSpa
Clos des Sens 10 rooms from $235Annecy
Ideally located for access to both mountains & lake, which can be seen from balconies around the hotel. In contrast to the nature around, the decor is resolutely contemporary - open plan with a lot of attention paid to geometry and fancy fireplaces. Gourmet restaurant and heated outdoor lap pool.Great walks - Great walking in the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - In the centre of Annecy-le-VieuxCooking classes - Check for timings.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Clos Marcel 14 rooms from $176Annecy
Chic hotel on the edge of Lake Annecy. The contemporary rooms feature dark wood floors, designer furniture and mountain views. Private beach, spa and hot tub. Superb modern cuisine served on the terrace. Stunning views, intimate setting and great value.Hideaway - Views of the Alps and Lake Annecy, private beach and spa, with quiet gardens and terraceGreat walks - In Bauges regional ParkViews - Over Lake AnnecySeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.