Search the best hotels in Argentière
Just nine kilometres from buzzy Chamonix, Argentière offers a more tranquil Savoyard base within easy reach of the best slopes in the Chamonix Valley. Set at an altitude of 1250m, this picturesque mountain village is ideal for outdoorsy explorers and active families eager to discover the Alps in both winter and summer. Accommodation options include self-catering chalets as well as welcoming hotels with panoramic Mont Blanc views, suited to a range of tastes and budgets. Friendly and family-run, our pick of the best places to stay in Argentière is very special.
Skiers and snowboarders can zip along 150km of well-groomed pistes at the foot of the Argentière glacier, or venture further into the Chamonix Valley for still more slopes. If you’re a seasoned skier, the Grand Montets beckon: speak to the team at your hotel about the best trails to follow. Snowshoeing is also popular, as are scenic summer hikes. The village’s Baroque chapel is not to be missed.
Relaxed après-ski evenings involve gatherings at Aussie-style bars, French bistros and lively pizzerias. There’s a fun, laid-back feel to the town’s nightlife, and most top spots are within walking distance of the best places to stay in Argentière.
The Best Places to Stay in Argentière
For Alpine Charm
- Hôtel Les Grands Montets has 42 spacious rooms and suites, many with expansive views of snow-clad Mont Blanc. Expect alpine style with a modern twist, and flexible, interconnecting options for families. Brilliant for winter skiers, or summer hikers and cyclists. The soothing spa is a welcome retreat after a day on the slopes.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY CHALET
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport and travel just over one hour and 20 minutes to Argentière by car or bus. If you take the shuttle to Chamonix, you can then hop aboard a bus or train for the final 20 minutes (9km) to Argentière.
- Haute-Savoie is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The ski season begins in November, but serious skiers can expect the best snow between December and March. If you're looking for great hiking and mountain biking, travel between June and early September. This is a very well-known region, so it's worth booking your trip in advance.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in neighbouring Chamonix.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Haute-Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Argentière
Best Hotels in Argentière
Hotel Les Grands Montets Argentière 42 rooms from £113Outstanding location - Close to famous ski area of the Grands Montets and to exciting hiking trails for summerViews - Spectacular views of Mont-Blanc or the Glacier of Argentière.Back to Nature - Fresh alpine air and the beuty of nature all aroundSpa - Spa facilities available
4* chalet-style hotel in a prime location with magnificent views of Mont Blanc. Forty-two spacious rooms and suites have rustic alpine ambience with modern touches. Excellent accommodation for families. Perfect base for skiing and other winter sports as well as summer hiking, cycling and much more. See More