Search the best hotels in Argentière
A charming rustic Savoie village sitting in the shadow of the snow-crowned Alps, at an altitude of 1,250m high, Argentiere is the quieter but more experienced brother of the tourist hotspot Chamonix. Offering access to the best slopes in the Chamonix Valley, it is a picturesque village defined by traditional architecture, as well as boasting a beautiful Baroque chapel - the ideal place for experienced skiers, with over 150km worth of well-groomed pistes, all at the foot of the massive Argentiere glacier. Boasting a lively apres ski scene, a vibrant yet relaxed nightlife (featuring Aussie-style bars, French bistros and pizzerias) Argentiere is the place to go for advanced skiers. The best places to stay in Argentiere tend to be well positioned to access the slopes.
What not to miss
- Admire the beauty of the Baroque chapel in the village.
- Tackle the pistes, stretching over 150km.
- If you're there during the summer, enjoy hiking in the gorgeous green Alpine landscape.
- Advanced skiers should try conquering the Grand Montets.
- Enjoy a spot of snow-shoeing and Alpine walking.
- Hang out at an Aussie bar after a hard day hitting the slopes.
Traditional and relaxed, Argentiere is Chamonix without the crowds, and is a great place to go for experienced skiers. Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Argentiere to start planning your trip.
The Best Places to Stay in Argentière
- The Hotel Les Grands Montets is a four-star chalet in a wonderful spot for classic views of Mont Blanc. The hotel has 42 rooms and suites, all of them spacious and well laid out, and the decor is rustic and alpine - with modern touches. This is a great base for skiers, but also for walkers and cyclists - during the summer.
For an apartment or chalet
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- Geneva, Zurich and Lyon are all good airports to fly into, with Geneva possibly having an edge over the others because of its shuttle service. But there are good road and rail options from all of these airports, and Argentiere has its own train station.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the early spring, when the temperature ranges between -2 and 5 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Haute-Savoie
- or France
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Argentière
Hotel Les Grands Montets Argentière 42 rooms from £113Outstanding location - Close to famous ski area of the Grands Montets and to exciting hiking trails for summerViews - Spectacular views of Mont-Blanc or the Glacier of Argentière.Back to Nature - Fresh alpine air and the beuty of nature all aroundSpa - Spa facilities available
4* chalet-style hotel in a prime location with magnificent views of Mont Blanc. Forty-two spacious rooms and suites have rustic alpine ambience with modern touches. Excellent accommodation for families. Perfect base for skiing and other winter sports as well as summer hiking, cycling and much more. See More