Arromanches les Bains
Search the best hotels in Arromanches les Bains
About Arromanches les Bains
Made famous for the D-Day Landings in 1944, Arromanches les Bains is a picturesque seaside resort nestling quietly on the Normandy coast. Sitting hemmed in by the great artificial Mulberry Port - made in 1944 - and with a population just shy of 550, it has an easy Normandy charm along with the heritage of D-Day. Ideal for a family holiday, the area boasts many beaches, seafood restaurants and memorials to the soldiers who died during its liberation. Not only that, but there are some fantastic museums like the D-Day Museum, and Arromanches 360, a truly unique multimedia retelling of the Normandy Landings. From taking a sunlit walk along the beach, exploring Mulbery Port or paying homage to the servicemen who died during that struggle, there's plenty on offer here. The best places to stay in Arromanches les Bains include a charming contemporary B&B that suits small families or couples looking for a getaway.
What not to miss
- Be sure to visit the fascinating D-Day Museum.
- Explore the artificial port of Mulberry, made in 1944 during the Normandy Landings.
- Pay homage to the servicemen who died during D-Day at the many memorials throughout the town.
- Spend lazy summer days sunbathing on the beach.
- Visit Arromanches 360, an immersive multimedia retelling of D-Day.
The perfect place for history buffs with an interest in WWII, or simply for those looking for a classic seaside escape on the Normandy coastline, be sure to check out our collection of the best places to stay in Arromanches les Bains to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Arromanches les Bains
- D-day Aviators is a small and charmingly atmospheric B&B situated in the heart of Arromanches. Lovingly renovated throughout the property is light, bright and mixes traditional and contemporary styles. Housing its own small WW2 museum and within striking distance of the region's historical sights.
For an apartment or villa
- Check out our partner Booking.com for self-catering options.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 11 and 20 degrees.
- Get a ferry from Portsmouth to Caen, from where you can take a short taxi ride to Arromanches les Bains.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Normandy
- or across all of France
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Arromanches les Bains
D day Aviators 4 rooms from £94Arromanches les Bains
A small and charmingly atmospheric B&B situated in the heart of Arromanches. Lovingly renovated throughout the property is light, bright and mixes traditional and contemporary styles. Housing its own small WW2 museum and within striking distance of the region's historical sights.Local exploring - As the name suggests this is the ideal property for exploring the region's historical sites.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays