Search the best hotels in Bandol
Known as the 'Ville Tranquille', Bandol is situated on France's notoriously gorgeous Côte d'Azur. This quiet seaside haven has long been a highly popular hideaway for creative types, such as the German author Thomas Mann, Aldous Huxley, and D.H. Lawrence. And, when you visit, it's easy to see why - nestled amidst hills to one side and beaches to the other, it comes across as a peaceful coastal hideaway.
Spend sunny afternoons meandering along the palm-tree lined marina, watching its1500 or so boats gently bob around. Long lunches in seaside restaurants are accompanied by local tipples, with some fantastic wines being produced in the nearby area, or alternatively, you can enjoy a coffee in the town's quaint focal point, the Place de L'Europe.
Bandol is home to a number of wonderful beaches so be sure to remember your suncream! If you're coming in the busy summer months then we recommend you book ahead as the best places to stay in Bandol get quickly booked up.
What Not To Miss
- Pack a picnic and head out by boat to the nearby island of Bendor. Whilst small, it's incredibly pretty and boasts some excellent views.
- Hike around the coastal Sentier Littoral trail and marvel at the area's beauty.
- Plage du Capelan and Plage du Renecros are both well worth visiting.
- If you're here with the kids then consider spending an afternoon at the Zoa Parc Animalier et Botanique.
The best places to stay in Bandol
For the city centre
- Hotel Delos offers smart accommodation in Andalusian and Mediterranean themes overlooking the sea. Restaurant, pool, and nearby tennis court. A smart stay.
- Hotel Plein Large is a boutique stay with simple but charming rooms featuring plenty of white linen and some with private terraces. Lovely breakfasts served up.
- The 5* Hotel Ile Rousse offers smart rooms with wonderful views out to sea. There's a deluxe spa, an indoor pool, and a top-notch restaurant, to boot.
- Hotel Provencal is a lovely boutique stay with brightly-coloured rooms that are bound to please and there are terrific views from the large terrace.
For just outside the centre
- Hostellerie La Farandole boasts a wonderfully serene location which is ideal for those looking to escape and rejuvenate. The rooms are elegant and modern, whilst there's a lovely cocktail bar in which to enjoy a drink or two.
- Hostellerie Berard et Spa is a quaint hilltop retreat whose main attraction is its Michelin-starred restaurant and excellent wine cellar. The accommodation and suites, however, are also highly charming.
- Hotel du Castellet is a luxurious stay with gorgeous rooms oozing romantic charm. Tuck into delectable French cuisine, lounge by the pool, or unwind in the spa. Dreamy.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Fly into Toulon Hyères Airport before taking the bus or train to Bandol.
- Alternatively, you can drive yourself over. Consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
- You're best off coming in the summer if you want to spend your days lounging by the beach, with the temperature rising to 26°C in July.
- However, this is peak tourist season - for a quieter and cheaper alternative, consider coming in either May or September.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our entire list of the best places to stay in Bandol.
- Widen the net to include our options in nearby Marseille or all of our recommendations in the Côte d'Azur.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Bandol
Hotel Provencal 19 rooms from £104Bandol
A bright modern hotel set in a picturesque cove in the quiet town of Bandol. A selection of individually styled rooms feature pops of bright colours, polished wooden floors and floor to ceiling windows. A large terrace takes advantage of fabulous views and there's plenty to explore in the region.Local exploring - A sea side property set in the heart of Bandol, ideal for exploring the charms of Provence.Great walks - Enjoy beautiful views of Provence on a walk through the Calanques of Cassis.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Plein Large 10 rooms from £163Bandol
A boutique property boasting an enviable spot on the Provencal coast. Simply dressed rooms are cleanly designed with floor to ceiling windows, a steel grey wall and crisp white linen. The best have private terraces. Indulgent breakfasts are served and yoga classes can be arranged.Local exploring - Well positioned to discover the Provence wine route.Local markets - Browse through the charming Provencal market in Bandol.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Ile Rousse 67 rooms from £231Bandol
A stunning five-star hotel sitting on a heavenly sandy cove. Home to all the creature comforts of top class hotels, it features deluxe suites, an excellent spa and a superb Mediterranean restaurant. Whether reclining by the pool or on the beach, this hotel ensures ultimate relaxation.Total relaxation - With a stunning seaside location, a deluxe spa and lavish suites, it's perfect for a relaxing break.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the stunning Embiez Island.Romantic - Good for couples.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.