Search the best hotels in Deauville
Dubbed the ‘Queen of the Normandy Coast’, glamorous Deauville is notable for its Belle Epoque hotels, casino and racecourse. A playground for the rich and famous since the mid-19th Century, this seaside resort town is still a favourite amongst families and couples looking to unwind in the sunshine, with heaps of cultural, foodie and outdoorsy attractions right on the doorstep. With a wide range of accommodation to choose from in the area, our pick of the best places to stay in Deauville includes affordable B&Bs, luxurious country hotels and lovely seaside landmarks.
Venture to the Trouville-sur-Mer area or Deauville’s ‘Promenade de Planches’, built in 1923, for oceanfront ambles, lively cafés and heaps of old-school charm. The Plage de Trouville is brilliant for long walks, sandcastle building and gobbling ice cream as a family. Venture up towards the cliffs for beautiful views and the chance to spot ancient fossils; or go bird-spotting, cycling and hiking the Parc Naturel du Marais.
Back in town, highlights include the Eglise Saint-Martin, the boutiques of Place Mornay, a day at the races or an evening at the casino. Golfers will also be thrilled to play a round or two at the many nearby courses. The best places to stay in Deauville tend to fill up fast during the annual American Film Festival — book your trip well in advance if travelling in early September!
The Best Places to Stay in Deauville
For Great Value
- Le Fer à Cheval is a lovely family-run hotel set in a beautiful red-brick building in Trouville-sur-Mer. Simple, modern rooms promise a comfortable stay for couples, families or friends. A great value B&B for exploring the Normandy coast.
- Hotel Les 2 Villas offers rooms and suites in two restored residences in the heart of Trouville. Minimalist rooms are stylish and airy, there's an appealing courtyard and the beach is just down the road. Very good value for families eager to book suites with space for up to four guests.
- Le Flaubert enjoys a fantastic position just metres from the beach. Huge rooms and family suites have private balconies and epic waterfront views. A historic choice with a family-friendly feel. Excellent value given the location and history.
For Coastal Luxury
- Cures Marine Hotel is an imposing former casino on the boardwalk in Trouville-sur-Mer. Guestrooms feature contemporary frescoes, pearly chandeliers and satin accents. Relax in the outdoor pool and dine in style at the gourmet restaurant, which boasts superb sea views.
- Le Royal promises a sumptuous stay just a short walk from the beach. The elegant fine dining restaurant is a highlight, as are the indulgent spa and outdoor pool. Expect breathtaking sea-facing views, designer interiors and a long legacy as a favourite amongst cinema stars.
- Hotel Barrière Le Normandy offers a luxurious coastal experience in an impressive half-timbered Deauville building. Toile de Jouy wallpapers are matched with more modern furnishings, and private terraces overlook the water. A refined getaway. Don't miss dining on the boardwalk.
For a Rural Escape
- Les Manoirs de Tourgeville is an elegant property situated on a 7-hectare estate just outside Deauville. Expect a contemporary take on traditional French style and lots for guests of all ages to do, from tennis and swimming to film screenings and sailing trips. A fabulous rural getaway topped off with excellent regional cuisine.
- L'Hotel du Golf boasts stylish rooms and an impressive range of activities — including a pool, tennis courts, a gym and a spa. The beach is five minutes' drive away, and there are three nine-hole golf courses within the grounds, perfect for keen golfers! There's even a kids club for little ones. The perfect family getaway with something to keep all ages happy.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Deauville-Saint-Gatien Airport, just a few minutes from Deauville. Alternatively, make the most of regular bus and train connections to larger nearby cities.
- Normandy is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August — although this is the busiest time of year. Late September is a great choice for a quieter trip. Winters can be cool and windy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Honfleur.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Normandy.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Deauville
Best Hotels in Deauville
Le Fer a Cheval, Deauville Deauville 34 rooms from £86Local exploring - A great spot for exploring Trouville on foot, just a few minutes from the beach and the quayside fish marketsActive Holiday - The surrounding countryside offers a host of outdoor pursuits including hiking, horse riding, and sailingSights nearby - The Port of Honfleur, a historic viking port, is eight miles away and well worth checking outLocal markets - Just two hundred metres from quayside fish markets, a fascinating spot for a morning stroll
Lovely family-run hotel set in a beautiful redbrick building in Trouville-sur-Mer. Rooms are simple yet elegant with large sash windows, muted hues, and pared-back modern furniture. Perfectly located for exploring the Norman coast surrounding Trouville-sur-Mer. A great value option. See More
Hotel Les 2 Villas Deauville (TROUVILLE SUR MER) 5 rooms from £87Local exploring - Located in the heart of Trouville near the harbour, seafood restaurants, and easy access to DeauvilleFamilies - Good range of family friendly rooms, with suites easily accommodating two adults and two childrenActive Holiday - There are a wealth of activities in the area from sailing to horse riding or hikingSights nearby - Discover the old harbour, surrounded by numerous brick or slate-clad houses at nearby Honfleur
Two converted villas offering chic accommodation in the heart of Trouville. Individually styled rooms are minimalist in design with plenty of light, crisp white linen and designer furniture. A central courtyard is a sunny spot to enjoy breakfast and the beach is just at the end of the street. See More
Les manoirs de Tourgeville Deauville 57 rooms from £141Families - Larger suites have ample space for families, and with tennis and cinema within the hotel, there's plenty for allBeach Life - Deauville Marina is close by for sailing trips, coastal walks or simply a day at the beachRestaurant - Contemporary regional cuisine served in the elegant restaurantSights nearby - Le Havre is a 45-minute driveRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A luxury hotel set within a half-timbered building & several manors. Airy rooms are decorated with a modern take on traditional style. Expect a wide range of amenities including an indoor pool, spa, cinema room, and a tennis court. Complete with superb regional cuisine. An idyllic rural getaway. See More
L'Hotel du Golf Deauville 11 rooms from £171Total relaxation - Leave the kids at the kids club and play a round of golf. Afterwards, head to the spa for a massageGolf - The hotel has no less than three nine-hole courses (The golf Barrière in Deauville)Beach Life - Located just a 5 minute drive from the beaches of NormandyRestaurant - A vast selection of ten restaurants ranging from casual affairs to fine dining
An elegant hotel set on a 27 hole golf course in the green heart of Normandy. Stylish rooms are light and bright with simple, yet luxurious, design. Downstairs expect Scottish tartans and Chesterfield furniture. Boasting a pool, tennis courts and gym; there's entertainment for all. See More
Cures Marine Hotel Deauville (Normandy) 103 rooms from £180Foodies - Enjoy the rich and varied menu at the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant, supervised by acclaimed chef Johan ThyriotRomantic Break - With stylish suites, five-star services and romantic sea views, book this hotel for a chic couples' getawayBeach Life - Set in the charming French town of Trouville-sur-Mer, book this hotel for a classic seaside retreatSights nearby - Take a day trip to the neighbouring town of Honfleur to see quaint medieval architecture on the coast
Le Flaubert Deauville 31 rooms from £200Families - With a laidback feel, cots available, plenty of activities in the area, and the dog welcome too - this is a good family optionShort break - Located less than 2 hours from Paris, this is an ideal destination to explore the Côte Fleurie (Flower Coast)Local exploring - The D-Day landings beaches and museums are an hour's drive awayGreat walks - Surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside, this is idyllic walking countryRecommended by - Tablet
A historic hotel boasting a prime coastal position in Trouville. Huge rooms and family suites feature private balconies and boast sea views. Art Deco interiors have lots of exposed wood and funky wall posters. Excellent value for money. A great option for families or groups. See More
Le Royal, Deauville Deauville 247 rooms from £202Families - Family-sized rooms are available, and there is a Kids Club and on-site nursery. Cots are available on request.Business meetings - 12 high-tech, fully-equipped seminar rooms available that can fit up to 150 people.Short break - Its loction just two hours from Paris makes this perfect for a luxury short breakSpa breaks - There is a Diane Barrière Spa, gym, pool, hammam, sauna and hairdresser.
Les Manoirs des Portes de Deauville Deauville (Canapville) 27 rooms from £204Boutique - Historic cottages have had a modern update so that beamed walls & ceilings are set against pastel hues & modern art — very chicShort break - Located around two hours from Paris, this is a good option for a quick weekend getawayRomantic Break - Private cottages, enormous fireplaces, and plenty of atmosphere create a romantic vibeTraditional - A 16th-century Norman manor house with a traditional timber-frame exteriorRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A striking timber-framed 16th-century manor house set within 6 acres of picturesque gardens. Interiors have been beautifully updated; rooms are spread across the manor and cottages, where pastel hues sit against beamed walls. There's a large outdoor pool, a sauna & a hot tub. A lovely rural escape. See More
Hotel Barriere Le Normandy 14804 Deauville 271 rooms from £263Beach Life - Sitting a stone's throw from the beach, this hotel is perfect for a relaxed seaside getawayFamilies - Fantastic luxury facilities for both adults and children ensuring everyone has a good time!Local exploring - With a privileged, central location, this hotel is great for local exploring in DeauvilleRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite for added indulgence on your next couples' getaway
This Anglo-Norman style luxury hotel is located in Deauville, Normandy. Sophisticated interiors feature restyled, soft Toile de Jouy and wood half-timbering; book a luxury suite for a beautiful private terrace. Dine on the Planches boardwalk before booking into the spa; a refined seaside getaway. See More