Search the best hotels in Deauville
Deauville is often referred to as the Queen of the Normandy coast or ‘Paris-sur-Mer'. Notable for its Belle Epoque hotels, casino and racecourse, it has been a playground for the rich and famous since the mid 19th Century. The town has also been the backdrop for countless films and Lord Lucan was famously screen tested for the role of James Bond here! The best places to stay in Deauville offer the visitor a touch of the glamour that this town has become so renowned for.
What Not To Miss
- It is not all about gambling and golf - the American Film Festival was first instituted in 1975 and is an annual event in late summer.
- The ‘Promenade de Planches’, which was constructed in 1923, offers idyllic seafront walks.
- Stroll around the boutiques of the Place Mornay - Coco Chanel opened her first shop here.
- Step into a world of glamour and attend a day at the races.
- Or simply unwind in one of the many spas - perfect for relaxing after a busy day enjoying everything the town has to offer.
Deauville is very easily accessible by train, plane or automobile and our pick of the best places to stay are ideal for exploring in and around this charming seaside spot.
The best places to stay in Deauville
For a central location
- Le Fer a Cheval, Deauville is a lovely family-run hotel set in a beautiful redbrick building in Trouville-sur-Mer. Rooms are simple and focus on providing guests with a comfortable stay. Perfectly located for exploring the Norman coast. A great value option.
- Le Royal is a sumptuous stay - featuring indulgent accommodation, a pool, a spa and an elegant restaurant. What more could you ask for?
- Hotel Les 2 Villas boasts chic accommodation in the heart of Trouville - think minimalist design and smart furniture. Enjoy indulgent breakfasts in the courtyard each morning.
For a sea view
- Le Flaubert enjoys a fantastic position almost on the beach and it's great value too, with rooms from around €84 per night.
For country house style
- Les Manoirs de Tourgeville is an elegant property situated just outside Deauville. It has contemporary classic style rooms and offers great facilities including an indoor pool, spa, cinema and tennis court.
- Auberge de la Source is a timbered farmhouse offering rustic chic accommodation that's bound to please. An idyllic spot that's ideal for a romantic retreat.
- Manoir de Benerville is a lovely retreat set amidst pretty gardens. The rooms are typically French, with four-poster beds and shintzy fabrics, and you can enjoy a tipple in their elegant lounge.
For an active holiday
- Set on a 27-hole golf course, L'Hotel du Golf boasts stylish rooms and a range of activities for guests to get stuck into - there's a pool, tennis courts, a gym and a spa. Plus, you're just a 5-minute drive from the beach.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com, for a wide selection of properties.
- Fly to Deauville – Normandie Airport located 8km (5 miles) from Deauville with a selection of flights across France and Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Deauville with rail links across France including to Paris.
- If you fancy the freedom of having a car then browse through the selection available online with our partner, Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit is during the summer, from June to August, when the weather is at its nicest and you can enjoy the beach.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Deauville.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Honfleur or the whole of Normandy, or our pick of the best places to stay in the Channel Ports.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Deauville
Best Hotels in Deauville
Hotel Les 2 Villas Deauville (TROUVILLE SUR MER) 5 rooms from £112Local exploring - Trouville is ideally positioned to explore the coast and attractions of Normandy.Sights nearby - Discover the old harbour, surrounded by numerous brick or slate-clad houses at nearby Honfleur.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
Two converted villas offering chic accommodation in the heart of Trouville. Individually styled rooms are minimalist in design with plenty of light, crisp white linen and designer furniture. A central courtyard is a sunny spot to enjoy breakfast and the beach is just at the end of the street. See More
Le Fer a Cheval, Deauville Deauville 34 rooms from £97Local exploring - A great spot for exploring the Trouville on foot, just a few minutes from the beach and the quayside fish markets.Sights nearby - The Port of Honfleur, a historic viking port, is eight miles away and well worth checking out.Local markets - Just two hundred metres from quayside fish markets, a fascinating spot for a morning stroll.
Les manoirs de Tourgeville Deauville 57 rooms from £127Families - Larger suites have ample space for families, and with tennis and cinema within the hotel, there's plenty for allBeach Life - Deauville Marina is close by for sailing trips, coastal walks or simply a day at the beachSights nearby - Le Havre is a 45-minute driveTennis - Tennis court in the groundsRecommended by - Michelin Travel
An elegant grand hotel within Norman manors. Contemporary rooms have stone floors, soft colour schemes and big bathrooms. Indoor pool, spa and sauna. Cinema room, tennis court and extensive gardens with terrace. Fantastic cuisine in elegant dining room. Tasteful, quiet and pretty. See More
Le Flaubert Deauville 31 rooms from £121Value chicFamiliesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Local markets - Good for local colour.
L'Hotel du Golf Deauville 11 rooms from £138Total relaxation - Leave the kids at the kids club and play a round of golf. Afterwards, head to the spa for a massage.Business meetings - The multimedia-fitted seminar rooms can fit up to 250 people.Beach Life - 5 minute drive from the beaches of Normandy.Tennis - There are tennis courts on-site.
An elegant hotel set on a 27 hole golf course in the green heart of Normandy. Stylish rooms are light and bright with simple, yet luxurious, design. Downstairs expect Scottish tartans and Chesterfield furniture. Boasting a pool, tennis courts and gym; there's entertainment for all. See More
Cures Marine Hotel Deauville (Normandy) 103 rooms from £180Foodies - Enjoy the rich and varied menu at the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant, supervised by acclaimed chef Johan ThyriotRomantic Break - With stylish suites, five-star services and romantic sea views, book this hotel for a chic couples' getawayBeach Life - Set in the charming French town of Trouville-sur-Mer, book this hotel for a classic seaside retreatSights nearby - Take a day trip to the neighbouring town of Honfleur to see quaint medieval architecture on the coast
Le Royal, Deauville Deauville 247 rooms from £202Families - Family-sized rooms are available, and there is a Kids Club and on-site nursery. Cots are available on request.Business meetings - 12 high-tech, fully-equipped seminar rooms available that can fit up to 150 people.Spa breaks - There is a Diane Barrière Spa, gym, pool, hammam, sauna and hairdresser.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Barriere Le Normandy 14804 Deauville 271 rooms from £263Beach Life - Sitting a stone's throw from the beach, this hotel is perfect for a relaxed seaside getawayLocal exploring - With a privileged, central location, this hotel is great for local exploring in DeauvilleRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite for added indulgence on your next couples' getawaySwimming Pool - Indoor pool
This Anglo-Norman style luxury hotel is located in Deauville, Normandy. Sophisticated interiors feature restyled, soft Toile de Jouy and wood half-timbering; book a luxury suite for a beautiful private terrace. Dine on the Planches boardwalk before booking into the spa; a refined seaside getaway. See More