- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Deauville
Deauville is often referred to as the Queen of the Normandy coast or ‘Paris-sur-Mer’. Notable for its Belle Epoque hotels, casino and racecourse, it has been a playground for the rich and famous since the mid Nineteenth Century. The best places to stay in Deauville offer the tourist the ideal base to explore the delights of this fashionable resort.
What Not To Miss
- But it is not all about gambling and golf - the American Film Festival was instituted in 1975.
- The ‘Promenade de Planches’ which was constructed in 1923 offers idyllic seafront walks.
- One may stroll around the boutiques of the Place Mornay - Coco Chanel opened her first shop here. While staying in the town Proust wrote his classic ‘A la recherche du temps perdu’.
- Deauville has been the set for countless films. Lord Lucan was famously screen tested for the role of James Bond here! There is horse racing throughout the year…
- Or unwind in one of the many spas - great for relaxing after a busy day enjoying everything the town has to offer.
Deauville is very easily accessible by train, plane or automobile and our pick of the best places to stay are ideal for exploring this charming seaside spot.
The best places to stay in Deauville
For a central location
- Villa Josephine is located in a great spot in the middle of town - good for the nightlife and an easy walk to the beach.
- Le Fer a Cheval, Deauville is a lovely family-run hotel set in a beautiful redbrick building in Trouville-sur-Mer. Rooms are simple and focus on providing guests with comfortable stay. Perfectly located for exploring the Norman coast surrounding Trouville-sur-Mer. A great value option.
For a sea view
- Le Flaubert enjoys a fantastic position almost on the beach and it's great value too, with rooms from around £75 per night.
For country house style
- Les Manoirs de Tourgeville is an elegant property situated just outside Deauville. It has contemporary classic style rooms and offers great facilities including indoor pool, spa, cinema and tennis court.
For an apartment
- If you think that you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a charming selection of properties ideal for exploring the town and the coast.
- Fly to Deauville – Normandie Airport located 8km (5 miles) from Deauville with a selection of flights across France and Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Deauville with rail links across France including to Paris.
- If you want to rent a car - click here for prices and online booking.
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August provides warm temperatures, great for making the most of the coast.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in Deauville
Villa Josephine 9 rooms from £94Deauville, Normandy
A newly renovated traditional house now a glamourous boutique with original elements. Rooms feature antique furniture, romantic drapes, and large bathrooms. Manicured gardens and a terrace. A charming stay for a seaside weekend.Beach Life - Close to the Normandy beaches for dramatic views and boat trips, fresh seafood and clifftop walksSailing - From Deauville and Trouville-sur-Mer PortsGreat walks - Along the Beach of TrouvilleTraditional
Les manoirs de Tourgeville 57 rooms from £127Deauville
An elegant grand hotel within Norman manors. Contemporary rooms have stone floors, soft colour schemes and big bathrooms. Indoor pool, spa and sauna. Cinema room, tennis court and extensive gardens with terrace. Fantastic cuisine in elegant dining room. Tasteful, quiet and pretty.Families - Larger suites have ample space for families, and with tennis and cinema within the hotel, there's plenty for allBeach Life - Deauville Marina is close by for sailing trips, coastal walks or simply a day at the beachSights nearby - Le Havre is a 45-minute driveLocal markets - Place du Marché
Le Flaubert 31 rooms from £83Deauville
Huge rooms and family suites with private balconies and sea views. This ultimate sea side hotel is practically on the beach. Contemporary interiors with lots of exposed wood and funky wall pictures. Excellent value for money, and great for families or groups.Value chicFamiliesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Les 2 Villas 5 rooms from £112Deauville (TROUVILLE SUR MER)
Two converted villas offering chic accommodation in the heart of Trouville. Individually styled rooms are minimalist in design with plenty of light, crisp white linen and designer furniture. A central courtyard is a sunny spot to enjoy breakfast and the beach is just at the end of the street.Local exploring - Trouville is ideally positioned to explore the coast and attractions of Normandy.Sights nearby - Discover the old harbour, surrounded by numerous brick or slate-clad houses at nearby Honfleur.Romantic - Good for couples.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Le Fer a Cheval, Deauville 34 rooms from £98Deauville
Lovely family-run hotel set in a beautiful redbrick building in Trouville-sur-Mer. Rooms are simple and focus on providing guests with comfortable stay. Perfectly located for exploring the Norman coast surrounding Trouville-sur-Mer. A great value option.Local exploring - A great spot for exploring the Trouville on foot, just a few minutes from the beach and the quayside fish markets.Sights nearby - The Port of Honfleur, a historic viking port, is eight miles away and well worth checking out.Local markets - Just two hundred metres from quayside fish markets, a fascinating spot for a morning stroll.