Search the best hotels in Honfleur
A particular favourite of the Impressionist painters, Honfleur is a beautiful port town with timber and stone mansions lining the narrow streets which meander towards the water on the Seine estuary. You’ll find the town at its busiest during the summer months, when families congregate on the beaches and seafood eateries offer tables which spill out onto the street. Brilliant for couples, families or groups, our list of the best places to stay in Honfleur includes cosy B&Bs in the city centre, as well as superb country hotels for a tranquil rural escape.
History buffs will adore strolling around L'Enclos, the oldest part of town, and admire the marine museum, salt halls and various merchants’ houses. Visit 15th-century Saint Catherine’s Church, explore the Musée Eugène Boudin and see the Satie House & Museum for a sense of the area’s past. There are some very pretty walks within Honfleur — including around the Le Vieux Bassin, where painted fishing boasts bob in the water — as well as up Panorama Mont-Joli and the Garden des Personnalités. The Naturospace Butterfly House will be a sure-fire hit with keen naturalists of all ages, and there's plenty to see and do around the beaches or on the water.
Don’t miss seeing the fishing boasts return to port, laden with their catch in the mornings and evenings. The seafood in Normandy’s coastal towns is fabulous, and many of the best places to stay in Honfleur have wonderful restaurants specialising in fresh regional produce. Foodies will be spoilt for choice!
The Best Places to Stay in Honfleur
For a City Stay
- L'Absinthe Hôtel offers comfortable rooms in the centre of town. Whirlpool baths are a real treat, and the two restaurants promise gourmet French seafood or regional dishes in a relaxed setting. Also affordable.
- La Maison de Lucie boasts romantic rooms set around a verdant courtyard and terrace. Close to appealing restaurants and sights, this central spot is the perfect pad for well-heeled couples. Unwind in the cellar spa before sipping drinks at the bar.
- A L'Ecole Buissonniere is a pretty B&B with cosy rooms featuring exposed brick walls and French windows in a former schoolhouse. Offering five rooms close to all the key sights and hearty breakfasts. An intimate city stay.
For a Coastal Escape
- La Chaumière is a chic little coastal hotel with tranquil gardens facing the water. Book one of nine smart contemporary rooms, explore the area on the hotel's bicycles and feast at the gourmet restaurant. A romantic beach break.
- Le Manoir des Impressionnistes is a striking half-timber house nestled within mature gardens between the forest and the mouth of the Seine. Expect classic French interiors with pastel walls and antique furnishings. There's a pool, a small spa and a fabulous restaurant, too. Lovely for keen foodies eager to stay by the sea.
- Le Manoir de la Plage is a majestic seaside manor house, fusing traditional French country decor with more contemporary pieces. Rooms are light and spacious, there's a sauna, indoor pool and tennis court, and the beach is just moments away. A delight for couples or families — additional beds and smaller adjoining rooms can be booked for children.
For Families or Groups
- La Cour Sainte Catherine, set in a former convent, is a welcoming B&B in the heart of Honfleur. Book the self-catering house — which sleeps six — if travelling as a family or group. Charming, child-friendly and relaxed.
- La Petite Folie is a splendid B&B, providing gorgeous rooms and suites with vaulted ceilings, cosy fireplaces and contemporary furnishings. A superb stay for families with older children or for groups. Self-catering apartments sleep up to four guests.
- Les Maisons de Léa offers rooms, suites and a private cottage set across three buildings in central Honfleur. Expect heaps of style, a lovely spa and a great restaurant. The cottage sleeps five, and the largest house up to 12 — with a sitting room, dining area and kitchen. Great for groups.
For Rural Luxury
- Le Domaine d'Ablon is a chic rural property with just four sophisticated suites set within an idyllic half-timbered house. Think roll-top baths, big cosy beds, regional dishes serves in settings of your choice throughout the gardens, and appealing shared spaces to unwind. Spend your days walking, cycling and horse riding.
- Auberge de la Source promises an idyllic countryside escape in a pretty farmhouse with beamed ceilings and beautifully appointed rooms and suites. The excellent restaurant is a big draw for foodies, whilst families will appreciate the plethora of acitivites.
- La Ferme Saint Siméon is a striking 17th century inn, offering five-star stays close to the coast. Once a centre of the Impressionist movement, the hotel has beautifully decorated interiors, a top-notch spa, fine dining restaurant and roof terrace with panoramic views. A delight for a luxurious couples' holiday.
- Le Clos de Grace is a carefully restored coutry residence on a secluded estate. Take cookery lessons with the hotel chef, relax in the wellness centre and at the indoor pool, or stroll through manicured gardens. Charming, intimate and indulgent, for couples or families.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Deauville-Saint-Gatien Airport, just 20 minutes from Honfleur. Alternatively, make the most of regular bus and train connections to larger nearby cities.
- Normandy is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August — although this is the busiest time of year. September is a great choice for a quieter trip. Winters can be cool and windy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Rouen.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Normandy.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Honfleur
Best Hotels in Honfleur
Le Manoir de la Plage Honfleur 7 rooms from £126Total relaxation - Remote, quiet and good facilities for relaxing including a sauna, an indoor swimming pool, and hydrotherapyBeach Life - The beach is on the doorstep of the manor, perfect for sunset walks or a bracing swimTennis - Outdoor tennis courts by the sea are available for hire at the hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor pool with the option to rent out for a private session
A majestic seaside manor with a charismatic mix of traditional French decor and contemporary style. Spacious rooms feature large sash windows, exposed beams, and simple modern furniture. Boasting hydrotherapy massages, a sauna, an indoor pool, and tennis courts - this is a peaceful hideaway. See More
L'Absinthe Hôtel Honfleur 13 rooms from £134Local exploring - Ideally positioned to explore the main attractions of Honfleur including museums, the Old Harbour, and Saint Catherine's ChurchHistoric - A beautiful former 16th century presbytery which keeps many of its original featuresRestaurant - 2 restaurants, La Grenouille & Le Bistro du Port - the former relaxed, the latter gourmet French seafoodSights nearby - Stroll along the Old Harbour and visit the impressive Saint Catherine's Church
A charming former 16th-century presbytery in the centre of Honfleur. Individually furnished rooms offer an elegant mélange of wood, leather, velvet and stone and a luxurious whirlpool bath to boot. A characterful base to explore the historic town from. See More
La Petite Folie Honfleur, Normandy 11 rooms from £137Groups - Apartments sleep up to four making this a good option for small groups of friends or (older) familiesLocal exploring - Located just a stone’s throw for the Vieux Bassin quarter, there is plenty to explore locallySights nearby - Visit Honfleur's picturesque old harbour and view historic attractions such as Saint Catherine’s ChurchRestrictions on children - Over 10s in two apartments only
A fabulous boutique B&B with rooms and self-catering apartments. Individually designed rooms are decorated with great attention to detail. Expect cosy fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, and a fresh modern feel. Stylish and well-positioned in Honfleur, this is ideal for independent travellers. See More
La Cour Sainte Catherine Honfleur 5 rooms from £139Families - A self-catering house with a fully equipped kitchen and space to sleep up to six is ideal for familiesLocal exploring - Just two minutes walk from Honfleur port and many other attractionsLocal markets - There are a vast array of markets in Honfleur from night markets, to traditional markets and second hand goodsSights nearby - Five minutes walk away is the Port of Honleur that dates back to the Vikings
A beautiful vine-clad convent, turned B&B, in the picturesque town of Honfleur. Shabby-chic rooms are comfortable and spacious and feature vintage artwork and posters. A continental breakfast is served and there are restaurants within walking distance. A homely stay suited to families or couples. See More
Les Maisons de Léa Honfleur, Normandy 34 rooms from £148Groups - Le Grande Maison is a separate house that sleeps up to 12 and comes with a lounge, dining area, and fully equipped kitchenSights nearby - Overlooking the place Sainte Catherine and its famous wooden church and within walking distance of Vieux BassinFoodies - The gourmet restaurant Tourbillon is worthy of a visit alone and the house speciality (lobster) is a must orderSpa - The Nuxe spa has a hammam, a steam rooms, a couple's treatment room, and a wide choice of massagesRecommended by - Sawdays
A unique B&B set in three different buildings in central Honfleur. Rooms, suites, and a private cottage are all beautifully decorated in different styles. Think - rustic farmhouse, Mediterranean, and loft conversion. The bathrooms have huge bathtubs and some have private hot tubs. Very chic. See More
A L'Ecole Buissonniere Honfleur 5 rooms from £169Hideaway - Quiet seaside town which inspired Monet, find peace in the romantic interiors, a cider tour or enjoy the waterfront restaurantsLocal exploring - Located 100 meters from the Honfleur basin and 10 kilometers from Deauville and Trouville - there is plenty to explore locallySights nearby - Deauville and Trouville are just a 10-minute driveGreat walks - Take a scenic walk to nearby Port d’Honfleur
A pretty B&B in a former schoolhouse. Rooms feature exposed brick walls, cozy lighting, modern bathrooms and big French windows. Heart breakfasts are served and there's a sun terrace to unwind on. Walkable to most of the town's delights. A charming Normandy stay. See More
Auberge de la Source Barneville-la-Bertran, Normandy 15 rooms from £174Country Escape - With beautiful countryside, picnics arranged, and several walking or cycling routes - this is an idyllic rural escapeLocal exploring - Well positioned for accessing Honfleur and its pretty harbour, Deauville, Mont Saint Michel, and the Landing BeachesRestaurant - Gourmet regional cuisine is served in the restaurant which uses mostly local & seasonal produceSights nearby - Only 4km from Honfleur and easy access to Deauville.
A delightful timbered farmhouse with a fantastic regional restaurant. Rustic chic interiors with high wooden beamed ceilings and lots of light. Rooms, suites, and family suites are wood clad with simple modern furniture. A peaceful rural setting for families, groups, or friends. See More
La Maison de Lucie Honfleur 12 rooms from £180Local exploring - Set in central Honfleur, the town's attractions are close while historical sites such as the D Day landing beaches are nearbyShort break - Located just two hours from Paris, this is a good choice for a weekend getawaySights nearby - Close to Mont St Michel, the Normandy Landing Beaches and Deauville, Trouville and EtretatGreat walks - Climb to the Chapel of Notre-Dame de GrâceRecommended by - Sawdays
A cosy 18th-century hotel with undeniable French charm and romance. Airy, elegant rooms, a verdant courtyard and terrace. A cellar spa hot tub and large, lofty suites showcase the hotel's relaxed environment. Close to lots of exciting restaurants in this picturesque northwestern port. See More
La Chaumiere Honfleur (Route du Littoral) 9 rooms from £225Country Escape - In the heart of the countryside, along the Normandy coast, this is an idyllic location for a rural escapeSwimming Pool - Small heated indoor relaxation pool; used by guests on a private basis by the hourSights nearby - Head into nearby Honfleur and stroll along its picturesque Old HarbourRestaurant - Sea view restaurant championing fresh local produceRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A gorgeous little hotel with chic rooms on the seafront. Large airy rooms and suites with contemporary furnishings and artistic flair. Fabulous restaurant, gardens and terraces, and immediate access to the beach. A great spot for a romantic break. See More
La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur 35 rooms from £262Romantic Break - Beautiful rooms, top notch service, 5 star luxury and gourmet cuisine ensure a romantic stayFoodies - Les Impressionistes is a fine dining restaurant that specialises in regional cuisine.Spa breaks - La Ferme de Beaute is a fully equipped spa with Turkish hammam and body wraps.Views - Fantastic sea views from the garden.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
A fabulous Five Star hotel on the coast of Hornfleur. Top of the range spa with Turkish hammam, a fine dining restaurant, stunning rooms and suites, roof top terrace with sea views. The perfect spot to unwind in, for the luxury traveller. See More
Le Clos de Grace Honfleur 7 rooms from £265Country Escape - A secluded estate set in picturesque Normany countryside.Sights nearby - Marvel at the beautiful Église Ste-Catherine a wooden church dating back to the late 15th century.Cooking classes - Take cookery lessons in the hotel's kitchen taken by a renowned pastry chef from Honfleur.Great walks - Embark on long walks along the scenic coast.
A beautifully restored property in a tranquil spot just outside Honfleur. Spacious rooms perfectly mix modern and traditional styles with wooden floors, enormous sash windows and a choice selection of antiques. An indoor pool, wellness centre and manicured gardens make this a very relaxing stay. See More
Le Manoir des Impressionistes Honfleur 10 rooms from £255Foodies - The cuisine is impeccable and gives a real sense of place to the hotel with dishes created from regional produceCountry Escape - A half-timber country house set between the forest and sea. A tranquil spot for a rural hideawayRomantic Break - Beautifully designed interiors, glorious sea views and gourmet cuisineFull of character - The rooms are done in traditional style to complement all the beautiful original featuresRecommended by - Sawdays
A striking half-timber house set in lovely mature gardens between a forest and the sea. Charming traditional rooms are individually styled with classic french patterns, antiques and soft hues. A produce inspired restaurant is fantastic and there's a pool and small spa to boot. See More
Le Domaine d'Ablon Honfleur (Ablon) 4 rooms from £390Foodies - Unique dining experiences with à la carte dining served wherever you wish in the property (under a tree or in your suite?)Active Holiday - Get out into the countryside and explore by bike, foot or horse backFull of character - Sophisticated interiors carefully blend beautiful period features with up-to-the-minute luxuriesCooking classes - Learn how to cook dishes of the region in a class run by the hotel's chef
A chic rural property set just outside Hornfleur. Rooms mix contemporary and traditional styles; dotted with artworks and antiques, the best have roll-top baths. Regional dishes can be sampled in the restaurant and days can be spent walking, horse riding or cycling. A sophisticated rural escape. See More