Search the best hotels in Gers
With the imposing peaks of the Pyrenees one one side and peaceful, undulating farmland and vineyards on the other, the Gers is a beautiful south-western French region. The area is known for its Armagnac production, as well as its superb cheese, sausages and foie gras, so you can expect terrific restaurants and markets in charming historic towns — and at some of the best places to stay in Gers. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, from cosy little chambres d'hotes to converted chateaux stays and luxury pads, so you’re sure to find something wonderful for a trip with family and friends, or as a couple.
Auch, the regional capital, boasts an impressive cathedral and a vibrant town centre. It’s particularly buzzy during the summer and autumn festival season. For a more tranquil vibe, look to Condom, Marciac or cobbled medieval Lectoure. These Gers market towns offer intriguing historic landmarks, great food, small museums and bustling boutiques. The summer jazz festival in Marciac is a particular highlight.
Venture into the surrounding countryside for cycling, hiking and horse riding trails, or guided tours of Armagnac vineyards. Don't miss feasting on delicious regional cuisine at the best places to stay in Gers, many of which are converted historic properties or farmhouses set amidst rolling fields studded with sunflowers.
The Best Places to Stay in Gers
FOR a Charming B&B
- Le Gavachon has simple, characterful rooms, a cottage and a gîte for couples, friends or families dreaming of a laid-back rural escape. Expect exposed stone walls, wooden beams and a swimming pool. A restful B&B choice close to Auch.
- La Maison d'Aux is a charming B&B run by warm, welcoming hosts. Pick this place for the elegant bedrooms, complete with cool tiled floors and antique furniture, and the indulgent breakfasts. The secluded garden and pool lined by cypress trees add to the tranquil, magical feel.
- Maison Ardure offers five chic guestrooms, all with a spacious, airy feel and bright pops of colour. Technically a B&B, this spot also puts on delightful table d'hôtes evenings showcasing top Gascogne produce in peak season. Massages, sauna, swimming pool, billiards tables and games also available.
- La Maison de Bazugues promises spellbinding views of the Pyrenees from the pool and gardens. Unwind in comfortable, contemporary rooms — with cots available for little ones — after days of cycling, golf, walking and discovering lovely Mielan. A wonderful, family-run country house hideaway.
- Domaine de Nazère offers elegant rooms and a self-catering cottage (ideal for groups or families). The main farmhouse, which dates back to the 18th Century is hugely charming. Facilities include a pool, tennis court, putting green, ping-pong table and electric bicycles. Chef Christopher Roussat's restaurant has a top reputation for gastronomic cuisine using fresh market produce. A delight for foodies, couples and families.
- Les Bruhasses is an elegant guesthouse with rooms and private villas for couples, friends and families. Once part of an Armagnac estate, the 18th-century house oozes traditional charm, with exposed beams and stonework. Feast on table d'hôtes dinners after days of cycling and hiking as a family. Bliss.
- Le Castel Pierre is a gorgeous renovated château surrounded by vineyards. Boasting seven guest rooms, an indulgent spa area, swimming pool and library, this is a top spot for a big family or group trip. Available on an exclusive basis, the house sleeps up to 18 guests. Intimate events can also be arranged.
- L'Echappée Belle is a stylish contemporary hotel in the centre of L'Isle-Jourdain. Rooms feature local photography, and are great for business or leisure trips. The big attraction is the chic brasserie, with a terrific menu crafted by two-Michelin-starred chef Bernard Bach. Innovative and creative cuisine for foodies.
- Le Florida offers two chic designer rooms above an award-winning restaurant. Expect a private terrace, garden views and a hot tub. Chef Marc Abramovici serves delicious seasonal dishes crafted from organic local produce — as well as Adour Valley caviar and fresh fish from Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Superb.
- La Bastide is a luxurious country hotel with striking interiors, beautiful gardens and a restaurant serving some of the region's finest cuisine. Chef Michel Guérard's Menu du Marché is not to be missed. A hugely romantic five-star stay.
- Le Domaine du Baulieu is a beautifully restored farmhouse with 29 chic, minimalist rooms and lodges close to Auch. Fusing old world charm with contemporary design, the property offers a heated outdoor pool, small spa, gastronomic restaurant and manicured gardens. A swish pick for romantic couples, wellness enthusiasts and foodies. Superb.
- L'Hôtel Particulier Guilhon is an elegant bolthole in the heart of historic Lectoure. Chic contemporary suites have private living rooms, and guests share access to the swimming pool, spa, garden and swish bar. Wine tastings can be organised on request. A romantic 17th-century house with beautifully refurbished interiors.
For Great Value
- La Ferme de Flaran has airy, affordable rooms and suites in a picturesque stone house with pale blue shutters. There's an excellent restaurant onsite, as well as a swimming pool and verdant gardens. A friendly choice for families, within easy reach of outdoor activities aplenty. Close to Condom.
- Bel Endroit offers three guestrooms and a cosy two-bedroom cottage. Book the self-catering cottage for family or group trips, and explore nearby Marciac, cool off in the pool or hike and cycle as a family in the Pyrenees National Park. Excellent value.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Toulouse Blagnac Airport, and journey by bus or car to your destination. Alternatively, take the fast train from numerous French hubs to Toulouse, and change for smaller village or town stations from there.
- Gers is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures ranging between 23 and 29°C in June to August. May or September-October are ideal for quieter trips, although the harvest weeks tend to be busy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Auch.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the nearby Haute-Garonne.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Gers
Best Hotels in Gers
La Ferme de Flaran Gers 12 rooms from £54Local exploring - An authentic french experience ideally positioned for exploring the region.Great walks - Explore some of the 350km of marked paths in the area.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
A picturesque stone house complete with pale blue shutters. Rooms are spacious and light with chic furnishings and minimalist decor. Facilities include a fantastic restaurant, an outdoor pool and sun-terrace. Ideally placed to explore the cultural and natural attractions of the region. See More
Bel Endroit Gers 3 rooms from £65Country Escape - Amongst rolling hills and vineyards, it offers privacy but is only a short walk from Marciac, which teems with bars and cafes.Great walks - The hotel stands amongst rolling hills where guests can walk freely.Local markets - There is a weekly market in Marciac.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Elegant rooms nestled amongst the rolling hills of Gers in an 18th century restored farmhouse. Decor mixes the old and the new with simple white washed walls, exposed beams and modern bathrooms. Featuring a swimming pool with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. See More
Les Bruhasses 32100 Condom 5 rooms from £73Country Escape - Surrounded by lush vineyards, woodland and mountains, this is the perfect secluded place to get away to.Sights nearby - In Romieu, there is the UNESCO church which is well worth seeing.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel
Le Gavachon Auch 6 rooms from £75Families - Families should rent the cottage, a charming outbuilding with plenty of space for all and access to the pool and ping pong tableGreat walks - Set on acres of stunning farm land and retired vineyards. The surrounding countryside offers fantastic hikingTennis - Work on your serve at the hotel's tennis courtHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
A beautifully restored mansion on retired vineyards in the heart of Gers. Elegant rooms with exposed stone interiors, wooden beams, cream-white walls and minimalist decors. With an excellent home cooked breakfast each morning and a stock of delicious wine available to bring to your room. Charmant! See More
L'Echappee Belle L'Isle-Jourdain, Gers 27 rooms from £76Local exploring - A charming design hotel in central L'Isle-Jourdain, ideal for exploring the town or the Midi-Pyrenees region.Business meetings - With great conference facilities, and a central location, it's perfect for a business meeting.Local markets - Explore the bustling market of L'Isle-Jourdain and pick up some of the regions finest produce.Restaurant - Recommended.
A modern stylish hotel in the centre of L'Isle-Jourdain. The rooms are simply furnished with decor inspired by local photography. Downstairs guests can enjoy delicious contemporary cuisine in the relaxed brasserie, headed up by a two-michelin star chef. Perfect for business meetings. See More
La Maison d'Aux Gers 2 rooms from £82Country Escape - A beautiful country house set in a picture perfect village and surrounded by glorious countryside.Writing a novel - A quiet area unspoilt by tourism, the pefect place to feel inspired.Sights nearby - The Collegiale de la Romieu, an old church and UNESCO heritage site, towers over the village.Local markets - Traditional markets occur weekly in the village.
A charming B&B set in rural Gascony overlooking a beautiful secluded garden and a pool lined by Cyprus trees. Elegant rooms are spacious and comfortable, with cool tile floors and antique furniture. Indulgent breakfasts are served, the hosts are ever warm and there's plenty to explore in the region. See More
La Maison de Bazugues Gers 5 rooms from £87Writing a novel - Rooms come with large desks and breathtaking views: perfect if you're looking for some peaceful inspiration.Country Escape - Nestled on the top of a hill and in the shadow of the Pyrenees, this is a well-hidden secret.Local markets - Just outside of the market town Mielan.Great walks - In the heart of the hillsides of Gers.
Le Domaine de Baulieu Auch 20 rooms from £89Total relaxation - The ideal spot to sit back and unwind- featuring spa facilities, outdoor heated pool, hot tub, and a fantastic restaurantGreat walks - The hotel offers picnic baskets, a great way to make the most of the surrounding countrysideWine tasting - Guests should visit Domaine de Bilé wine tasting & Tomasella farm for foie gras tastingHotel Entertainment - Lounging by the pool or soaking in the hot tub are favoured activities by most guests
A lovingly restored Gersoise farmhouse in the heart of Gascony. Elegant rooms offer sink into beds, original exposed beams and modern artworks. The on site restaurant serves produce grown on site in a light filled, contemporary setting. With a heated pool, hot tub and spa it is the whole package. See More
Maison Ardure Terraube, Gers 5 rooms from £103Value chic - With doubles for around £70 this property provides excellent value.Kayaking - Canoe and small motor boat rental on the Baïse riverTennis - Tennis court in TerraubeFull of character
Le Castel Pierre Gers 7 rooms from £103Sights nearby - The fortified medieval village of Lorressingle is only 12km away and the Gallo-Roman villa at Seviac is just 7km.Groups - A brilliant choice for a family or group holiday, with seven guestrooms and fantastic facilitiesTotal relaxation - A relaxing stay boasting a hot tub, spa, sauna and swimming pool.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A renovated château in the wine-growing region of Gers, perfect for big group trips. Stay with friends and family in seven chic guest rooms, enjoying the sauna, hot tub, bar, swimming pool and library. A luxurious choice with heaps of history, this is a gorgeous villa for a memorable retreat. See More
Domaine de Nazere Gers 5 rooms from £104Total relaxation - With two pools, a tennis court, Boules and ping-pong, guests can peacefully while away the hours surrounded by orchards.Active Holiday - Explore the local area via a hot air balloon or a microlight aeroplane, all of which can be organised through the hotel.Sights nearby - Gers is a region filled with medieval foritifed towns cresting the hilltops of the countryside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Elegant and spacious rooms in Gers with a self-catering cottage. An 18th century farmhouse with stone walls and centuries-old oak trees, facilities include a pool, small golf course, restaurant, and ping-pong table. Chic and unique rooms all have tiled bathrooms and rustic furniture. See More
Le Florida Gers 2 rooms from £117Foodies - The restaurant serves authentic french cuisine. A family affair spanning three generations.Sights nearby - Visit the striking Chateau de Lavardens in Auch.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Restaurant with rooms
Two chic designer rooms above an award-winning restaurant. In the style of a country inn, with uniquely decorated boutique rooms and facilities including a Jacuzzi, blooming garden and restaurant. Rooms come with a private terrace and views of the garden. Ideal for those seeking peace and good food. See More
La Bastide Gers 21 rooms from £139Country Escape - Opposite Barbotan-les-Thermes thermal baths, lovely grounds to enjoy the views from, and excellent restaurantFishing - Trout, pike and carp fishing. The tourist office can advise on local rulesGreat walks - Within the Armagnac region, for beginners and more experiencedSights nearby - Mont-de-Marsan and The PyreneesRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Particulier Guilhon Lectoure (32700 LECTOURE) 5 rooms from £130Foodies - Though Lectoure is a small town, there are a whole host of restaurants to choose from. There is also a market every Saturday.Total relaxation - Spa facilities and a pool.Great walks - Beautiful walks through the countryside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool and heated indoor pool.
An elegant B&B in the heart of the historic centre of Lectoure, offering plush contemporary suites with private living rooms. There is a spa, pool, bar, tropical garden, and wine-tasting can be organised. A 17th century house where chic meets rustic sentimentality, a perfect rural retreat. See More