Search the best hotels in Grignan
Grignan is a picturesque hilltop village dominated by its beautiful Renaissance-era chateau - a castle considered to be one of the finest in all of France. Dating back to the 11th century, Grignan is a small and extremely pretty village steeped in history and surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty: flanked by sweeping sunlit fields of lavender, the village itself blooms with over 150 varieties of roses, and is perfumed with the scent of its many flowers. While the ramparts were largely destroyed in the 19th century, remnants remain and are well worth exploring, symbolic of the larger attraction of Grignan - the sense of timelessness there - for it still boasts a 17th century belfy, an ancient communal bread oven and communal wash-house. Saint-Sauveur College Church is another such example: built into the cliff-face, it is a gorgeous church that puts on enchanting organ recitals. If you want to holiday in a village seemingly stuck in a time warp, then Grignan is the place for you. The best places to stay in Grignan are in keeping with the village's aesthetic and tend to be quaint and traditional.
What not to miss
- Wander the 12th century ramparts surrounding the town!
- Admire the stunning Renaissance citadel - one of the finest of its kind.
- Explore the 17th century belfry and communal bread oven!
- Take in an organ recital at the Saint-Sauveur College Church.
- Check out the Museum of Typography.
- Walk amidst the fields of lavender surrounding Grignan.
Picturesque and steeped in history, Grignan is the perfect destination for history lovers intent on escaping the grey manic bustle of city life. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Grignan to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Grignan
- Le Clair de la Plume: spread out over four different locations in Grignan, this delightful hotel offers individually-styled rooms decorated in a timeless chic style, as well as a swimming pool and a superb restaurant. Perfect for families.
- La Ferme Chapouton: in a refurbished farmhouse in the countryside surrounding the town, boasting a gorgeous garden, a swimming pool and a Michelin-star restaurant. Ideal if you don't have restraints on your purse strings!
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 14 and 29 degrees.
- Fly to Marseilles, and take the bus from St. Charles Bus Station to Grignan. It takes roughly 2 hours. Or take a taxi from the airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Provence
- or France
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Grignan
Best Hotels in Grignan
La Ferme Chapouton 26230 Grignan 9 rooms from £121Foodies - The Michelin recommended (Bib Gourmand) bistro uses only fresh, locally-sourced food and cooks delicious traditional cuisineSights nearby - The Chateau de Grignan, a 12th century castle, is host to an impressive array of Renaissance paintingsGreat walks - A wonderful area for long, gentle strollsSwimming Pool - Outdoor swimming pool
Boutique accommodation in the heart of Provence. The historic building has undergone a complete refurb and is now fresh and bright. Boasting a pretty garden (complete with pool) which enjoys unobstructed views of the Chateau de Grignon. The Michelin acclaimed restaurant is worthy of a visit alone. See More
Le Clair de la Plume Grignan 16 rooms from £147Restaurant - The gastronomic restaurant serves fresh produce from the local area and there is also a bistroSights nearby - The St-Sauveur College church is worth a visit as is the Crocodile Farm in PierrelatteSwimming Pool - The swimming pond measures 13 m x 5 m and no chemicals are used.Local markets - Explore the different markets in Grignan
The bedrooms of Le Claire de la Plume are situated in four different locations dotted around the historical village of Grignan, adding to the unique charm of this hotel. All are individually decorated and all maintain a timeless, classic style. Plus a great restaurant & natural outdoor pool. See More