Search the best hotels in Grimaud
A beautiful Provencal medieval village nestling on a hill, Grimaud is small and quaint and utterly enchanting. With narrow cobbled flower-filled streets, old buildings like a Romanesque church, 17th century windmill and a castle ruin, all against the glorious backdrop of the Maures Massif mountains. Ideal for couples looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, Grimaud is the quintessential seaside escape. Our collection of the best places to stay in Grimaud has something for everyone from chic boutiques to reasonably priced options.
Grimaud is your typical Provencal village. Unlike the plush and "happening" towns such as St. Tropez, Grimaud has managed to retain its traditional charm over the years. At the centre of the village are charming old squares like the Place Vielle, where villagers play petanque and you can find the best local restaurants.
Dating back to the Gallo-Roman era, Grimaud has roots that run deep. An ancient aqueduct, the Pot des Fees, lies nearby and in the 12th century Romanesque Church of St. Michael and here you can find traces of gorgeous medieval frescoes. The 17th century windmill of St. Roch was put back to work in the mid 1990s and is a fascinating place to visit. Be sure to climb the hill and explore the ramparts of the castle, a fine 11th century piece of defensive design.
What not to miss
- Walk through the flower-filled cobbled streets on a lazy afternoon and drink in the sights and smells.
- For a day trip, head towards St. Tropez, which is only a few km's away.
- Admire the traces of medieval frescoes in the Church of St. Michael.
- Explore the defensive ramparts of the castle.
- Go for a gentle hike through the rolling green valley of the Pont des Fees, an ancient aqueduct lying close by.
- Visit the 17th century St. Roch's windmill.
Picturesque and old, Grimaud is a beautiful medieval village and the ideal French Riviera escape! The best places to stay in Grimaud have plenty of charm and sophistication.
The best places to stay in Grimaud
Value for money
- Le Verger Maelvi: a quiet hotel nestled amidst a beautiful garden, offering bright and contemporary rooms with private terraces and a communal bar. Great for young couples!
- Maison du Prince: a gorgeously-converted 17th century townhouse with fabulous views of the Gulf of St. Tropez, offering bright and chic rooms adorned with antiques and fine art. Perfect for families or couples looking to escape. Divine!
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Toulon-Hyeres Airport, a 50 minute drive from St. Tropez. You can either get an airport shuttle to St. Tropez or a taxi, from where you can get public transport to Grimaud.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 18 and 29 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all our Cote d'Azur recommendations,
- or our picks in the Languedoc.
- Alternatively, contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Grimaud
Le Verger Maelvi 14 rooms from £101Grimaud
Located just 15 minutes from St.Tropez is this quiet hotel with fourteen rooms and suites all set in a secluded garden with swimming pool. Large rooms with private terraces, free parking and a communal bar. Perfect for those looking for a more relaxed spot away from the coast.Value chic - With rooms starting from just €98 per night, it's great value in a very expensive area!Local markets - Visit the daily local marketSights nearby - Port GrimaudFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Maison du Prince 5 rooms from £116Grimaud
A beautifully converted 17th-century house in the heart of Grimaud boasting fabulous views over the Gulf of Saint-Tropez. Light rooms feature a choice selection of contemporary art and antiques. Set inside a quiet village this is an ideal choice for those looking for a little peace and quiet.Local exploring - An ideal starting point to explore the Saint-Tropez area by foot or car.Beach Life - Located within easy reach of the Riviera.Local markets - A lively food market is held every Thursday in Grimaud.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Sawdays