- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in St Tropez
About St Tropez
St-Tropez has become a byword for wealth and glamour on a slightly hedonistic scale. And on this score this town is without peer - what with the harbour full of super yachts and central square full of sports cars. But St-Tropez is also rich in culture and history. Though only about 1% of its visitors have that in mind. St-Tropez is home to some wonderful avant-garde art galleries, trading on former residents such as Signac and Matisse, and the markets and small port are bristling with fresh local produce and fresh fish. And despite its reputation, some of the best places to stay in St-Tropez are actually affordable.
Although the small fishing village of St-Tropez appealed to discerning, and arty, visitors long before the 1950s, this peninsula was transformed into a glamorous darling of the jet-set almost overnight, after Brigitte Bardot came here to film 'And God Created Woman' in 1956. This is when this town became sexy. And flooded with luxury yachts, sports cars and those-who-like-to-be-seen.
But it's not all brassy glamour, out of season St-Tropez still has the charm of fishing village life in one of the world's most beautiful coastal spots.
What not to Miss
- Whatever time of year you visit its worth taking some time out from your sunbathing and boutique-window-shopping to watch the older generation play Pétanque in the shade, or have a go yourself.
- And on Tuesdays and Saturdays visit the market in Place des Lices for locally grown/made produce such as olives, breads and soap.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in St Tropez doesn't just cater for those with deep pockets. We've managed to track down some very good value options in the heart of this glitzy spot! Use our guide and start to plan your visit.
For St-Tropez on a St-Tropez budget!
- Sumptuous and luxurious, the Hotel Residence de la Pinède is also one of the few hotels in the South of France with access to a good beach. As well as its beach terraces and elegant suites, this hotel also has a restaurant with two Michelin stars.
- The Chateau De La Messardiere is too cool even for St-Tropez, instead it peers down from a hilltop overlooking the bay. This is a glitzy and secluded spot to relax in, where you'll feel truly pampered.
- Le Yaca is a collection of charming old houses just 100metres from Port des Pêcheurs. One of the houses was home to Colette in the 1920s. Discreet, casually chic and beautifully decorated in cool creams and whites accented by a Moroccan fabric here, an Oriental lantern there, it's the antithesis of St-Tropez flash and a real oasis of calm, especially the pool and garden.
On the Waterfront
- The Hotel de Paris is right in the heart of St-Tropez's old fishing hamlet heart, but packed with the latest and greatest technology and several swish restaurants, a chic bar perfect for people watching and a stunning swimming pool.
- Hotel Pastis is glamorous, with nine charming rooms decorated with stunning artworks, but relaxed, and only eight minutes from the centre of town.
- Hôtel de La Ponche is another hotel converted from a cluster of houses - this time right on a small beach. Rooms are elegant and classical, and some have beautiful views over the bay. With doubles starting from just £126 per night, this is also one of the best places to stay in St-Tropez if you're on a more modest budget.
St-Tropez for Deux
- Muse St-Tropez is a luxurious five-star hotel just above St-Tropez. The pool is beautiful and tranquil, there are just 14 peaceful rooms and the gardens are lush and lovely. There’s also a superb seafood restaurant.
- The Pan dei Palais is a superb five-star hotel with an oriental feel to the decor. Each of the 12 rooms is individually designed and decorated with bespoke furniture and Indian accents. The restaurant is Asian fusion.
- Le Mas de Chastelas is an 18th century mansion turned luxury hotel. It’s five minutes from the beach - but slightly along the bay from St-Tropez proper - they do offer a free shuttle bus into town. The 23 rooms are elegant and peaceful and there’s a huge garden surrounding the property. Relaxing and peaceful.
- Just along the coast from St-Tropez, Epi Plage is a fun and fashionable seaside resort right on Pampelonne Beach. There are ten comfortable chalets, all facing the pools, the views are great and rates start from around £105 per night.
- If you want to be right in the heart of town, with bay views, then you can still find a reasonably priced room - try the Bastide du Port, a contemporary hotel in a lovely palm-shaded garden. There are 27 rooms, all with great views of the bay, plus it’s a short walk to the beach. Rooms start from around £130 per night.
The Best Places to Stay near St-Tropez
- Le Ferme d'Augustin is a charmingly converted farmhouse hotel in a beautiful spot, only five minutes from St-Tropez's port, but surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves.
For a self-catering Apartment or Private Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self-catering apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Obviously the best way to get to St-Tropez is on your luxury yacht. Failing that the closest airport is Toulon-Hyères, which is about 50minutes away. Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport might be more convenient though, it’s about 90minutes away, but with more choice when it comes to carriers and destinations. Cruise ships dock in the harbour too, and there are ferries across the bay.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in St-Tropez and want to see more of the Côte d'Azur - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars. Be aware that the main road through St-Tropez is famous for its world class traffic jams in the peak of summer, though.
- One of the main points of St-Tropez is to ‘be’ there. And part of that means being there at the right time. Sure, if you go outside the summer months then it will be quieter and cheaper, but then you wouldn't be seeing people and being seen. The weather will still be lovely, though.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in St-Tropez for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Côte d'Azur,
- or try checking out the best places to stay in Cannes,
- or the best places to stay in Fréjus,
- or the best places to stay in Nice,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in St Tropez
Le Mas De Chastelas 23 rooms from $320St Tropez (Gassin)
This 18th century mansion has elegant rooms and is set in a huge and beautiful garden only five minutes away from the beach. Spend the days relaxing by their outdoor pool or head into St Tropez courtesy of the free shuttle bus. The restaurant serves traditional cuisine plus there's free parking.Total relaxation - Spend the days relaxing by the pool and bask in the peaceful atmosphereActive Holiday - Tennis, golf and cycling all on offer nearbyViews - Views over the Bertaud Belieu vineyardsSwimming Pool - Large outdoor heated pool
Hotel de Paris 90 rooms from $309St Tropez
Close to the waterfront this stylish hotel is bang in the middle of this iconic 'fishing village'. Recently redesigned, it boasts the latest technology, several swish restaurants, a chic bar for people watching and streamlined contemporary bedrooms. The pièce de la résistance is the stunning pool.Restaurant - Bayview for a lavish breakfast and The Roof and Saffran Cafe for gourmet French and Japanese cuisineBar - The Atrium Bar is the place to go for a glass of champagne or cocktail and watch the world go bySwimming Pool - Lobster sandwiches by the stunning swimming pool, the only one of its kind, are hard to beatSuites - The presidential suite has two floors, two terraces and a JucuzziRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Byblos 91 rooms from $732St Tropez (Saint-Tropez)
Hotel Byblos is a dreamy 5* retreat in the heart of St Tropez. The uniquely decorated, extremely spacious rooms feature Provençal themes and boast upmarket bathrooms. Spend your days by the pool, on the beach or in the spa. Lovely cuisine served. A classy stay in a superb spot.Great walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning views - wonderfully romantic!Romantic - Good for couples.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Spa
Muse St Tropez 14 rooms from $457St Tropez
Simplicity and elegance combine at this luxurious five-star hotel just outside St Tropez. Everything is geared towards relaxation with deluxe rooms, a tranquil outdoor pool, a stunning landscaped garden and a superb seafood restaurant. Perfect for a romantic break.Honeymoons - Honeymoon heaven- the Edith has its own bar and wine cellar, also enjoy massages and cocktails by the glorious infinty pool.Back to Nature - One could spend hours wandering the stunning ecological gardens designed by renowned landscape architect Sophie Ambroise.Sailing - Go boating from St Tropez harbour, a great way to explore the coast.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
Les 3 Iles 5 rooms from $170St Tropez (La Croix-Valmer)
With stunning vistas of the Mediterranean, Les 3 Iles is a delightful hotel. Its location is matched by its interiors, with graceful, comfortable rooms that open out onto terraces overlooking the sea. Explore the areas stunning coastline or simply unwind by the infinity pool. A coastal charmer.Beach Life - A stunning property just five minutes walk from the beach on the famed St. Tropez coast.Great walks - Situated in the heart of a fantastically preserved area of natural beauty with plenty of hiking trails.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Pan dei Palais 12 rooms from $240St Tropez
Pan dei Palais is a superb five-star hotel, brimming with inspiration from the orient, in central St Tropez. The characterful rooms are individually appointed with bespoke furniture and Indian accents. Enjoy cocktails at the poolside bar and delicious exotic asian cuisine in the restaurant.Romantic Break - With opulent Indian inspired bedrooms and deluxe spa treatments, it's perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in St Tropez.Beach Life - The hotel sits just seven minutes walk from the beach, and has its own extremely luxurious motor yacht for guests to use.Local markets - Make sure to explore the St Tropez bi-weekly market to pick up some yummy regional treats.Sights nearby - Anyone with an interest in history should visit the St Tropez Citadel.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Le Verger Maelvi 14 rooms from $111St Tropez
Located just 15 minutes from St.Tropez is this quiet hotel with fourteen rooms and suites all set in a secluded garden with swimming pool. Large rooms with private terraces, free parking and a communal bar. Perfect for those looking for a more relaxed spot away from the coast.Value chic - With rooms starting from just €98 per night, it's great value in a very expensive area!Local markets - Visit the daily local marketSights nearby - Port GrimaudFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Hotel Residence de la Pinède 36 rooms from $695St Tropez
An exclusive and elegant seafront Villa with access to a private beach. White washed rooms feature terraces with views of the harbour. A stunning three star Michelin restaurant is the centre piece. Situated just a short walk into St Tropez's central and port. A spoiling beach destination.Romantic Break - A wonderfully pampering St Tropez Villa with private beach, poolside cocktails, gourmet cuisine and splendidly indulgent suites.Foodies - The hotel boasts a Three Michelin starred restaurant La Vague d'Or by the world renowned Chef Arnaud Donckele.Local markets - Explore the weekly Provencal markets selling the cream of the regions produce.Sailing - The hotel has its own private docking for boats belonging to its guests.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Le Ferme d'Augustin 22 rooms from $171St Tropez
Fabulous coastline farmhouse hotel within striking distance of St. Tropez and Tahiti Beach. Wonderful greenery in the garden viewed from sunlit rooms and suites with private terraces. Couples, families, groups of friends can enjoy delicious food and relax amongst the lemon trees and olive groves.FamiliesGroupsPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have jacuzzi bathsSights nearby - Only 5 mins from St TropezRecommended by - Sawdays
Hôtel de La Ponche 18 rooms from $274St Tropez
Cluster of old houses form a chic, yet intimate hotel right on the beach. The elegant rooms are classically furnished and exude understated luxury. A fine dining restaurant spills out onto the street and terraces are available for breakfast with a view. Easy access to St Tropez town and markets.Sights nearby - The best known beaches are Club 55 and Tahiti beach just ten minutes from Saint-Tropez’s center and hotel de La Ponche.Great walks - Discover Saint-Tropez’s shaded streets and mythical spots with interactive guided tours every Wednesday at 10am.Views - Overlooks the bay of St TropezLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Frommers
Le Yaca 47 rooms from $314St Tropez
A one of a kind hotel perched at the foot of the citadel of St Tropez. Quaint and stylish rooms have many original features and designs, with a strong French Provincial feel. The chic bar and restaurant serve mouthwatering cuisine and cocktails. Simple yet achingly elegant.Hideaway - The comfortable and stylish suites, leafy gardens, poolside loungers and chic restaurant and bar mean you never need to leave.Local markets - The hotel is only a ten mnute walk from the delightful Place des Lices open-air market in the heart of St.-Tropez.Sailing - Only a three minute walk from the Port, charter a boat and head out to explore the Riveria.Sights nearby - The hotel is located at the foot of Saint-Tropez citadelle, a major attraction.Recommended by - Frommers
Chateau De La Messardiere 117 rooms from $343St Tropez (83990)
Glitzy and secluded luxury hotel set in a picturesque fairytale style chateaux, overlooking St Tropez bay. Ornate rooms are modern yet with a distinctly old world france feel. A perfect base for total relaxation, with lovely gardens, a good restaurant and a large pool and spa.Total relaxation - A glamorous retreat in the hills above Saint-Tropez boasting an extensive spa, hammam, steam baths and impeccable service.Sights nearby - The hotel runs a shuttle bus to St Tropez centre, head down and check out the sights.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Epi Plage 10 rooms from $137St Tropez (Ramatuelle)
Fun and fashionable seaside resort right on Pampelonne beach. The California style laid-back wooden chalets are extremely comfy and most face out onto the central pools. Within easy reach of St Tropez, but without the hustle and bustle.Sights nearby - Visit Musée de l’Annonciade, this16th-century former chapel is one of the longest-established modern art galleries in FranceGreat walks - Le Sentier du Littoral is a magnificant seven mile hike along the coast to the Pampelonne beaches.On the beach - On Pampelonne BeachViews - Great views from hotel
Hotel Pastis 9 rooms from $229St Tropez (Cote d'Azur)
Hugely glamourous yet relaxed hotel, 8 minutes walk from St. Tropez city centre. Beautiful rooms filled with stunning artworks, courtyard and swimming pool, plus sun-dappled breakfast terrace. A very chic spot for a stylish beach holiday.ChicCity StyleBeach LifeSwimming Pool - 15 m x 5m PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Bastide du Port 27 rooms from $171St Tropez
A comfortable contemporary hotel nestled in lovely garden shaded by ancient palm trees. The rooms are simple and pleasant, with some boasting great views over St. Tropez bay. Make the most of the proximity to the beach and yacht hire facilities. In the evening, enjoy a drink at the Bastide bar.Beach Life - Conveniently located just seven minutes walk from the beach, plus the hotel organises yacht rentals for exploring the coast.Sailing - A fantastic place to lay your head when docking in St. Tropez.Views - Great views from hotel