Search the best hotels in St-Tropez
A byword for glitz and glamour since the 1950s, St-Tropez is one of the Côte d'Azur’s most famous — and most reputedly hedonistic — destinations. Known for playing host to a jet-set global crowd during the summer months, St-Tropez is a bustling coastal community set around a historic village and striking citadel, brimming with terrific hotels fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets from converted farmhouses that won't break the bank to five star seaside luxury. Set within the historic centre, along the glittering coastline and tucked in the surrounding countryside, our pick of the best places to stay in St-Tropez is sure to dazzle and delight.
Stroll the cobbled streets of La Ponche — the ancient fishing quarter — for a laid-back French Riviera experience. The heritage heart of St-Tropez village is a maze of terracotta-tiled roofs, with cafés, galleries, boutiques and seafood restaurants perched along narrow alleyways or lining the plane tree-shaded Place des Lices. Admire artwork at the Musée de l’Annonciade, clamber up to the 1602-built Citadelle de St-Tropez for mesmerising views, pick up craft goods at the market and marvel at the Baroque Eglise de St-Tropez whilst you’re in town. To spot the super-yachts which vie for space in the marina, make your way to the Vieux Port. You’ll also find ample opportunities for speedboat trips, sailing excursions, kayaking, swimming and sun-bathing along the craggy coastline and sandy beaches.
Come evening, gather at a chic bar or gourmet restaurant to feast on fabulous seasonal produce from across the south of France before you join well-heeled partygoers for a night to remember. Some of the best places to stay in St-Tropez also boast exceptional bars and restaurants of their own!
The Best Places to Stay in St-Tropez
For a St-Tropez Icon
- Cheval Blanc St Tropez prides itself on capturing the spirit of the Riviera. Perched in a striking seaside spot, this historic mansion boasts chic rooms and suites, a terrific 3-Michelin-starred restaurant — La Vague d'Or is reputedly one of the best in France — and an exceptional spa. Although hugely romantic, the hotel also welcomes families, with child-friendly menus & activities. Impeccable.
- Le Mas de Chastelas has hosted artists and celebrities aplenty since its opening in 1967. With 14 rooms and nine suites scattered in three Italian-style buildings, the hotel has a surprisingly intimate feel. Its Michelin-rated restaurant is fabulous, there's a swimming pool, tennis courts, driving range for golfers and leafy grounds for lazy days of sunbathing. A classic choice for couples or families.
- Hôtel Byblos has achieved legendary status, welcoming glamorous guests since the 1960s for unforgettable parties, dinners and beach holidays. A magical hotel in the heart of St-Tropez, this sophisticated spot will be a sure-fire hit with couples, friends or families. Classic, relaxed and famed for its delicious food and drink.
For Old Town Charm
- Hôtel Le Yaca is a charming spot in St-Tropez village, just below the citadel. Quaint rooms are spread between several historic houses which encircle an inviting swimming pool. Gather at the restaurant-bar for cracking cocktails and mouth-watering cuisine. Small, understated and elegant.
- Pan deï Palais offers bold, characterful rooms with exotic, Indian-inspired touches in an imposing ochre-painted mansion. Situated in central St-Tropez, this is a luxurious spot for keen foodies, who will adore the restaurant and bar, as well as quirky design lovers, who can admire hand-painted walls and Indian antiques. Very swish.
- White 1921 occupies a smart former mansion on Place des Lices. The eight rooms and suites have crisp, minimalist interiors, with white-on-white decor, big cosy beds and private terraces. Architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte's new cocktail bar is superb. Very chic.
- Hôtel La Ponche is a hip hotel for romantic couples or friends. Intimate and beautifully designed, this appealing bolthole sits within a cluster of historic buildings in central St-Tropez village, moments from the coast. Highlights include the delectable restaurant and the wellness packages. Ideal.
- Muse is a soothing boutique haven with rooms and suites clad in cream and white textiles. The pool sits amidst ecological gardens designed by landscape artist, Sophie Agata Ambroise, there's excellent fine dining and great spa treatments. Elegant and understated.
- Lou Pinet's 34 rooms and suites have private gardens with outdoor seating areas, whilst fresh interiors feature bold abstract artwork and natural textures. Expect classic '60s and '70s-inspired design, a chic restaurant and bar, and a rejuvenating spa. A honeymoon favourite.
- Villa Marie has an unusual bohemian feel, with 45 rooms and suites feautring 18th-century antiques, rolltop bathtubs and sumptuous textiles in warm hues. Just 3km from the coast, this is a welcoming refuge with a swimming pool, beautiful alfresco dining and two hip bars. A very private hideaway for tranquil couples or honeymooners.
- Le Pré de la Mer is an elegant choice for couples eager to unwind poolside — the best suites have pool-facing terraces — and to feast on fresh seafood after revitalising spa treatments. Intimate and relaxing.
- Hôtel Pastis offers 10 charming guestrooms in a whitewashed historic house, with century-old palm trees framing a blue-green swimming pool. Throw open the shutters each morning for mesmerising views, stroll around town and dine by candlelight at Pastis Kitchen. Gorgeous.
- La Tartane St Tropez boasts 27 coral pink and sage green rooms & suites, just beyond the old town centre. Maître Koy fuses Asian and Mediterranean flavours in the restaurant, there's a heated pool, a 24-hour concierge service and enchanting gardens filled with citrus trees. A whimsical romantic idyll, bursting with old-school glamour.
For Families or Groups
- For families or groups Villa La Tourelle is the perfect pick. The property is situated in the centre of town and sleeps 8+1 in four en suite bedrooms plus there's a pool set in lovely mature gardens. Better still the private chef will whip up either gourmet lunch or dinner on six days out of seven!
- Château de La Messardière is a glitzy, family-friendly hotel hidden in a fairytale castle overlooking the Gulf of St-Tropez. Whilst couples are very welcome, the kids club's plethora of activities — from summer circus camps to pony rides and treasure hunts — make this an epic family holiday hotel. Add great food, gorgeous rooms, three pools, tennis, a private beach & more, and you won't want to leave!
- Le Mouillage offers glamorous rooms and suites, many of which sleep 3 or 4 guests. There's an inviting restaurant and a big swimming pool, and la Plage du Pin Parasol is just across the road. A classic Provençal stay for families or groups.
- La Ferme d'Augustin is a wonderfully welcoming converted farmhouse with verdant gardens bursting with lemon and olive trees. Spacious, classic rooms and suites can fit additional beds, and the swimming pool is ideal for kids. A friendly family favourite.
- Althoff Hotel Villa Belrose promises a luxurious experience for guests of all ages. In the hills outside St Tropez, this elegant hotel has expansive grounds, an enormous 200sqm pool, mutliple restaurants, a spa and a selection of large suites and multi-bedroom villas for families. A 5* spot.
For Contemporary Cool
- Hôtel de Paris offers a glitzy city stay with enormous glittering chandeliers, futuristic bedrooms and a huge swimming pool suspended over the atrium. The spa and bar are excellent. Cool and contemporary; well-suited to business or leisure and close to both the town centre and the beach.
- Kube Hotel is a sleek, modern property just across the road from the beach. Life centres around the impressive pool, which boasts sea views. Pared-back rooms have white-on-white interiors and there's a soothing spa as well as two innovative restaurants. For fans of slick, contemporary design.
For Great Value
- La Bastide du Port has 29 air-conditioned rooms and suites, offering either garden or sea views. Simple and attractive rooms combine modern style with Provençal charm. Hire scooters and bicycles, or take a spin in a luxury speedboat. Very affordable rates for the area, and great for couples, families or groups.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Toulon-Hyères Airport, 50 minutes from St-Tropez, or to Nice International Airport, 90 minutes away by car. Alternatively, arrive by private yacht, cruise ship or ferry.
- The Côte d'Azur is famously wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car. Do be aware that the centre of St. Tropez can be jam-pakced with traffic on summer weekends.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking around 27°C in June to August — this is the busiest time of year, when well-heeled visitors flock to St-Tropez to party and be seen. May or September are ideal for quieter trips, if you're happy to miss the peak of the fashionable buzz.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Cannes.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Côte d'Azur.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St-Tropez
Best Hotels in St-Tropez
Villa La Tourelle St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 4 rooms from £871Families - La Tourelle is ideal for a couple of families to share — it can sleep 8+1 in 4 en suite bedroomsLocal exploring - Superb location right in the heart of St Tropez ideal for wandering round town or to the beach5* Luxury - This is a top end luxury villa filled with wonderful art, furniture and quirky design featuresCity Style - Beautiful interiors offer an elegant and sophisticated bolthole in the very heart of the town
A stunning luxury villa in the heart of St Tropez, with four bedrooms, beautifully styled interiors and mature gardens with natural stone pool. A private chef will whip you up a gourmet lunch or dinner on 6 days, accompanied by high-end champagne and wine, and breakfast is provided daily. Superb! See More
Le Ferme d'Augustin St-Tropez 22 rooms from £130FamiliesGroupsRestaurant - Mediterranean cuisine accompanied by wine from the hotel's own vineyard.Private Hot Tub - Some rooms have hot tub bathsRecommended by - Sawdays
Fabulous coastline farmhouse hotel within striking distance of St. Tropez and Tahiti Beach. Wonderful greenery in the garden viewed from sunlit rooms and suites with private terraces. Couples, families, groups of friends can enjoy delicious food and relax amongst the lemon trees and olive groves. See More
Bastide du Port St-Tropez 27 rooms from £130Beach Life - Conveniently located just seven minutes walk from the beach, plus the hotel organises yacht rentals for exploring the coast.Sailing - A fantastic place to lay your head when docking in St. Tropez.Views - Great views from hotelSea Views - From some rooms.
A comfortable contemporary hotel nestled in lovely garden shaded by ancient palm trees. The rooms are simple and pleasant, with some boasting great views over St. Tropez bay. Make the most of the proximity to the beach and yacht hire facilities. In the evening, enjoy a drink at the Bastide bar. See More
Hotel Pastis St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from £174Beach LifeCity StyleChicSwimming Pool - 15 m x 5m PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Pan dei Palais St-Tropez 12 rooms from £182Romantic Break - With opulent Indian inspired bedrooms and deluxe spa treatments, it's perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in St Tropez.Beach Life - The hotel sits just seven minutes walk from the beach, and has its own extremely luxurious motor yacht for guests to use.Local markets - Make sure to explore the St Tropez bi-weekly market to pick up some yummy regional treats.Sights nearby - Anyone with an interest in history should visit the St Tropez Citadel.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Great Small Hotels , Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Pan dei Palais is a superb five-star hotel, brimming with inspiration from the orient, in central St Tropez. The characterful rooms are individually appointed with bespoke furniture and Indian accents. Enjoy cocktails at the poolside bar and delicious exotic asian cuisine in the restaurant. See More
Kube Hotel St-Tropez 68 rooms from £236Beach Life - A luxurious beachside property ideal for some serious self-indulgence.Great walks - Take long walks along the rugged walkways and little paths that open out into expansive beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A sleek beachside property offering all the luxury one would expect from this part of France. Decadent rooms are minimalist and contemporary and boast spectacular sea views. A spoiling spa and enormous pool aid total relaxation and two exemplary restaurants offer innovative and delicious fare. See More
Hôtel de La Ponche St-Tropez 18 rooms from £208Sights nearby - The best known beaches are Club 55 and Tahiti beach just ten minutes from Saint-Tropez’s center and hotel de La Ponche.Great walks - Discover Saint-Tropez’s shaded streets and mythical spots with interactive guided tours every Wednesday at 10am.Views - Overlooks the bay of St TropezLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Frommers
Cluster of old houses form a chic, yet intimate hotel right on the beach. The elegant rooms are classically furnished and exude understated luxury. A fine dining restaurant spills out onto the street and terraces are available for breakfast with a view. Easy access to St Tropez town and markets. See More
Hotel de Paris, St Tropez St-Tropez 90 rooms from £234Swimming Pool - The stunning architecturally designed swimming pool, the only one of its kind, is suspended above the atrium to form a skylightRestaurant - Bayview for a lavish breakfast and The Roof and Saffran Cafe for gourmet French and Japanese cuisineBar - The Atrium Bar is the place to go for a glass of champagne or cocktail and watch the world go bySuites - The presidential suite has two floors, two terraces and a hot tubRecommended by - Tablet
Close to the waterfront this stylish hotel is bang in the middle of this iconic 'fishing village'. Recently redesigned, it boasts the latest technology, several swish restaurants, a chic bar for people watching and streamlined contemporary bedrooms. The pièce de la résistance is the stunning pool. See More
Le Yaca St-Tropez 47 rooms from £239Hideaway - The comfortable and stylish suites, leafy gardens, poolside loungers and chic restaurant and bar mean you never need to leave.Local markets - The hotel is only a ten mnute walk from the delightful Place des Lices open-air market in the heart of St.-Tropez.Sailing - Only a three minute walk from the Port, charter a boat and head out to explore the Riveria.Sights nearby - The hotel is located at the foot of Saint-Tropez citadelle, a major attraction.Recommended by - Frommers
A one of a kind hotel perched at the foot of the citadel of St Tropez. Quaint and stylish rooms have many original features and designs, with a strong French Provincial feel. The chic bar and restaurant serve mouthwatering cuisine and cocktails. Simple yet achingly elegant. See More
Le Mas De Chastelas St-Tropez (Gassin) 23 rooms from £243Total relaxation - Spend the days relaxing by the pool and bask in the peaceful atmosphereActive Holiday - Tennis, golf and cycling all on offer nearbyViews - Views over the Bertaud Belieu vineyardsTennis - The hotel has its own court
This 18th century mansion has elegant rooms and is set in a huge and beautiful garden only five minutes away from the beach. Spend the days relaxing by their outdoor pool or head into St Tropez courtesy of the free shuttle bus. The restaurant serves traditional cuisine plus there's free parking. See More
Le Mouillage St-Tropez (Port du Pilon) 14 rooms from £247Hideaway - Set just outside of the centre of St Tropez with a private pool and a plush garden, this hotel makes a perfect hideaway holidayGroups - The larger suites are perfect for groups or families and can accommodate up to four peopleRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's peaceful setting and attentive staff, plus the great outdoor poolSights nearby - Visit the Citadel of Saint-Tropez, a historic 17th-century fortress now housing a museum with nautical exhibits
This charming, four-star hotel is set within a Provencal country house in St Tropez. Rooms are individually styled in a blend of modern and traditional interior design; the best suites have a private terrace overlooking the garden. Unwind by the secluded outdoor pool; a relaxed home away from home. See More
Villa Marie St-Tropez (Saint-Tropez) 45 rooms from £252Hideaway - A glorious property hidden in a tranquil pine forest in the beautiful French Riviera.Sailing - Join the rich and famous and charter a yacht for the day.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A picture perfect Provencal villa hidden amidst a pine forest and overlooking the bay. Spacious rooms are glamourous and private with quiet terraces, claw-foot tubs and Pure Altitude Spa products. Enjoy exemplary Mediterranean dishes in the romantic restaurant and cocktails with a serious view. See More
La Tartane St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 28 rooms from £253Beach Life - Located a stone's throw from the coveted beaches of St Tropez, this hotel makes a great base for a seaside breakHoneymoons - Book a luxurious suite for added indulgence on your honeymoon; enquire with the hotel for honeymoon packagesRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's stylish suites and the pretty outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
This exclusive, five-star hotel and spa is situated in a verdant park in St Tropez. Rooms are elegant and well-appointed with natural accents; the best suites offer separate living space and a private terrace. Enjoy al fresco dining at the hotel restaurant before a luxury yacht trip. A chic hotel. See More
Chateau De La Messardiere St-Tropez (83990) 117 rooms from £260Total relaxation - A glamorous retreat in the hills above Saint-Tropez boasting an extensive spa, hammam, steam baths and impeccable service.Swimming Pool - Huge outdoor heated pool with stunning views over the Bay of St Tropez, plus an indoor pool in the spa.Sights nearby - The hotel runs a shuttle bus to St Tropez centre, head down and check out the sights.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Glitzy and secluded luxury hotel set in a picturesque fairytale style chateaux, overlooking St Tropez bay. Ornate rooms are modern yet with a distinctly old world france feel. A perfect base for total relaxation, with lovely gardens, a good restaurant and a large pool and spa. See More
Hotel Le Mandala St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 13 rooms from £325Romantic Break - Couples love the hotel's romantic terrace and pool, plus the al fresco dining available at the hotel restaurantHideaway - Set just outside of the busy centre of St Tropez, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationCity Style - The contemporary and stylish interiors of this hotel has reams of city styleRomantic - Good for couples.
This stylish boutique hotel is located just outside of the centre of St Tropez. Suites offer lavish furnishings, a separate living space and private terrace; book the penthouse for added luxury. Enjoy al fresco dining at the hotel restaurant or relax with a drink by the pool. A chic city bolt-hole. See More
Le Pre de la Mer St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 14 rooms from £334Hideaway - Located in a secluded building with a private bar and restaurant, this hotel is perfect hideaway holiday destinationBeach Life - Within close proximity to the best beaches in St Tropez, this hotel is a great base for a beach breakRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy hotel rooms with a private terrace, plus the chic outdoor poolSailing - Spend a day on the crystalline waters of the Côte d'Azur with a sailing trip
This elegant, four-star hotel is located in St Tropez. Rooms are simply dressed with crisp linens and clean lines, opening onto a private terrace. The best suites offer direct access to the pool and feature designer furnishings. Eat at the poolside restaurant before a spa treatment. A luxury stay. See More
Lou Pinet St-Tropez 34 rooms from £339Total relaxation - Occupying a tranquil spot just outside St Tropez complete with a spa and glorious swimming pool to lounge besideLocal markets - Head to the Place de Lices and purchase local produce (markets every Tuesday and Saturday)Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A chic St Tropez hotel occupying a picturesque and tranquil spot set back from the coast. Retro rooms are spacious and bright with pops of colour breaking up the whitewashed walls, plenty of light, and indulgent bathrooms. A large swimming pool is a real draw as is the glamorous restaurant. See More
White 1921, St Tropez St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 8 rooms from £343Beach Life - Located a stone's throw from the coveted beaches of St Tropez, this hotel makes a great base for a beach breakRomantic Break - The comfortable beds and romantic cocktail bar mean this hotel scores highly with couplesCity Style - Located on an exclusive square in St Tropez, this hotel has plenty of chic city styleRomantic - Good for couples.
This chic hotel occupies a former mansion in Place des Lices, St Tropez. Rooms are bright and elegant with crisp white linens; the best suite offers a pretty private terrace. Unwind with a drink in the new hotel cocktail bar, designed by architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte. An exclusive city stay. See More
Muse St-Tropez (Ramatuelle) 14 rooms from £451Total relaxation - A small luxurious hotel set in a quiet spot in scenic Ramatuelle, a place to unwind and be pampered.Spa - La Tente by Spa Village offers a wide range of relaxing treatments to be enjoyed in a tent amid the fragrant gardensGreat walks - Take a stroll from the hotel to Eglise de St Tropez and enjoy the lovely views.Local markets - Peruse the Place des Lices market and buy local produce and antiques.
Hotel Byblos St-Tropez (Saint-Tropez) 91 rooms from £562Great walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning views - wonderfully romantic!Spa - Spa Byblos by Sisley offers a range of treatments in luxurious surroundings.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Restaurant - Recommended.
Hotel Byblos is a dreamy 5* retreat in the heart of St Tropez. The uniquely decorated, extremely spacious rooms feature Provençal themes and boast upmarket bathrooms. Spend your days by the pool, on the beach or in the spa. Lovely cuisine served. A classy stay in a superb spot. See More
Cheval Blanc St Tropez St-Tropez 36 rooms from £677Families - Families are welcomed with open arms; expect special amenities, kids' menus, family-friendly activities & bespoke baby equipmentFoodies - La Vague d’Or is considered one of the best restaurants in France; Chef Arnaud Donckele is adorned with three Michelin starsRooms with balcony/terrace - Divine private terraces look out over the swimming pool & sea beyond — views are the stuff of Cote d'Azur dreamsOutstanding location - Walking distance to central St Tropez yet boasts its own private beach; an impossible feat on the Cote d'Azur
Historic seafront mansion turned chic 21st century beach resort on a private stretch of sand just outside St Tropez. A recent four year designer renovation has added restrained glitz & glamour; expect destination dining, a sea-facing pool, signature spa & dedicated staff. The best of the best. See More
Althoff Hotel Villa Belrose St-Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 40 rooms from £672Total relaxation - With a spa, pool, restaurant and bar on-site, this hotel is a great place to unwind and relax on your next holidayHoneymoons - Book a suite at this luxury hotel for a honeymoon with added indulgenceRomantic Break - Couples love the VIP service at this exclusive hotel and spaSailing - Enjoy a sailing trip during your stay at this exclusive hotel; enquire at the hotel regarding boat hireRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury hotel is nestled on a hill just outside of Saint-Tropez. Rooms have neoclassical soft furnishings with a modern finish; the best suites have a private terrace with views over the bay of Saint-Tropez. Eat in the restaurant or by the pool before booking in at the luxury spa. A VIP retreat. See More