- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Rouen
Rouen’s intricate but foreboding Gothic Cathedral, in the beautiful medieval quarter, is one of this historic city’s main attractions. The cathedral inspired Monet to paint numerous canvases, Richard the Lionheart’s heart is kept in one of the tombs and Joan of Arc was burned in the main square in the 15th Century. This is also where Gustav Flaubert was born. Many of the best places to stay in Rouen are in or very close to the historic centre of town.
Rouen is only around an hour and a half drive from Paris and around two hours from the EuroTunnel, so many visitors will arrive with a car - but park it up, this is a perfect sized city for exploring on foot or by bike.
Not all of Rouen has been as well preserved as the cathedral and the city did suffer bombing during WW2. The impressively Gothic law courts are a restoration of the 16th Century original.
What not to miss:
- Its impressive art gallery with Monets, Renoirs, Sisleys and Caravaggios.
- The Gros Horloge - or Great Clock, which has a gilded medieval clock with one hand atop a Renaissance archway.
- The wonderfully macabre architecture and decoration of the Aître St-Maclou - once a plague cemetery.
- Rouen also has an impressive ceramics museum and numerous beautiful churches and abbeys.
Our Guru’s pick of the best places to stay in Rouen tend to be smaller, independent hotels or family run B&Bs.The city is a popular destination, so if you're planning a visit, get organised and reserve your bed in one the best places to stay in Rouen now!
The best places to stay in Rouen
For a central location
- La Boulangerie is a charming B&B with just two rooms and one suite which sleeps four. It is, as the name suggests, in the top floors of a half-timbered bakery, so as well as wooden beams and stone floors there’s also fresh bread for breakfast!
- The Hotel le Cardinal Is a 15 room B&B with stunning views over the cathedral. The rooms are modern and elegant and some have private balconies. As well as being close to the cathedral you’re also in the heart of town by many of the main sights and plenty of restaurants, cafes and boutiques.
For period style
- Le Clos Jouvenet is a historic manor house B&B offering four stylish rooms and a pretty self contained cottage which is perfect for longer stays.
For spa breaks
- Spa Hotel de Bourgtheroulde is a classy five-star hotel in the heart of Rouen. Find comfortable, spacious rooms with a deluxe spa and pool.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to either Deauville - Saint-Gatien Airport, Beauvais-Tillé Airport or Le Havre - Octeville Airport all under 100km from the city. Several trains also depart from the St Lazare Station in Paris for Rouen on a daily basis.
- Weather-wise the best time to visit is the summer months from June to September with temperatures peaking in July at around 23℃.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Rouen
Le Clos Jouvenet 3 rooms from $131Rouen
A beautiful and historic manor house B&B in the city centre. Stunning rooms and one cottage furnished immaculately in creams with pretty fabrics, painting and antiques. Lovely garden, parking spot, and close to all the attractions. Romantic and family friendly.Luxury - Elegant furnishings, lots of space, and friendly hosts.City StyleRestrictions on children - Children over 13 are welcomeLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel le Cardinal, Rouen 15 rooms from $101Rouen
A simple townhouse bed & breakfast offering unfussy rooms with stunning views of the Cathedral. Bedrooms are elegant in shades of white with parquet floors & some have private balconies. Close to main shopping streets, there is lots local exploring on the doorstep & plenty of restaurants nearby.Views - Views of the cathedral from all of its roomsGreat walks - Explore Rouen on footSights nearby - Rouen CathedralLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Spa Hotel de Bourgtheroulde 78 rooms from $200Rouen
A classy five-star hotel in the heart of Rouen. Comfortable, spacious rooms with a deluxe spa and pool. Check out the traditional regional cuisine at Brasserie des 2 Rois. Visit the magnificent Notre Dame Cathedral and explore the rich history of Normandy's capital.Local exploring - The ideal launchpad for exploring this stunning Norman capital, right in the heart of Rouen's historic centre.Business meetings - Centrally located with excellent conference rooms facilities, it's perfect for business meetings.Sights nearby - Visit Church of St Joan of Arc less than two minutes walk away.Spa
La Boulangerie 2 rooms from $88Rouen
A charming B&B. Just two rooms and one suite (sleeps 4) in the eaves of a half-timbered bakery. Wooden beams, stone floors, and comfortable beds. Fresh bread for breakfast! A great choice for groups and families, and great value.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.