- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Ile de Bendor
Search the best hotels in Ile de Bendor
About Ile de Bendor
The beautiful Ile de Bendor is a private island lying 300m off the Cote d’Azur on the French Riviera. It is quite tiny with a mere 1.5 kilometres of coastline and a highest elevation of just 17 metres.The best (and only) place to stay on Ile de Bendor provides the opportunity to completely relax and escape the crowds in this very special part of the world.
In 1950 Paul Ricard, who singlehandedly reestablished the Pastis spirit industry in France during the twentieth century, bought the Ile de Bendor. Its sole inhabitant was a single sheep! Ricard set about developing a dreamy getaway for himself and his friends, and during the 1960’s the island became a magnet for the French ‘jet set’. Ricard was a keen art lover and conservationist. The island boasts two museums that he established - one an ‘Exposition of wines and spirits’ and the other dedicated to advertising objects. He also set up an Oceanographic Institute due to his concerns about the pollution of the seas.
Today it is still a lovely spot. There is a hotel, five restaurants, an artists' village, and boutiques and art galleries to peruse. For the sporty there is tennis, watersports and diving.
But don't forget that with just one hotel the best place to stay in the Ile de Bendor is a tricky property to book. You'll need to plan well ahead, especially if you plan to visit during the peak summer months.
The best places to stay in the Ile de Bendor
For a romantic escape
- The Hotel Delos offers chic and unfussy accommodation. The rooms have Mediterranean/Andalusian themed interiors. There's a pool and tennis court amd the cuisine is Mediterranean in style. The beach is a seven minute walk. With stunning views, this is a most romantic place to relax!
- The Ile de Bendor's climate is Mediterranean with abundant summer sunshine and mild winters. During July the average daily temperature is around 24 degrees celcius.
- Travelling to the island will invariably require a ferry journey from Bandol, which takes just 7 minutes! The nearest airport is Toulon-Hyeres airport, but you can also reach the South of France by rail (the TGV goes to both Nice and Marseille).
- Please note that the Ile de Bendor is a completely car free destination.
Still nlot sure?
Best Hotels in Ile de Bendor
Hotel Delos 55 rooms from £172Ile de Bendor
The Hotel Delos offers chic and unfussy accommodation on the lovely Ile de Bendor. Rooms are decorated according to Mediterranean or Andalusian themes. Soak up the sun by the pool or play tennis nearby for free! Enjoy Mediterranean meals at the restaurant. A lovely and relaxing coastal spot.Beach Life - Hotel Delos is just a 7 minute walk from the beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seasideRomantic Break - Lovely accommodation, gorgeous ocean views and long walks together on the beach-what more could you ask for?Great walks - Stroll along the coast at sunset to truly appreciate the island's beautyViews - Great views from hotel