Ile de Porquerolles
Search the best hotels in Ile de Porquerolles
About Ile de Porquerolles
Fringed with powder white sand, blessed with sunshine and the perfumed scent of eucalyptus and pine, Ile de Porquerolles, lying off the Cote d'Azur, is completely idyllic. The perfect place to get away from it all, the island, 4 miles long and 2 miles wide, barely has 200 full-time inhabitants and boasts a great many secluded crescent-shaped coves and creeks. The best places to stay on Ile de Porquerolles are quaint traditional hideaways suitable for couples and families alike.
The little island arguably boasts one of France's best beaches - the Plage de Notre Dame - intimate and unspoilt, with no beachside cafes or heaving groups of tourists. As both a national park and conservation area, the village was only founded in the 19th century, but the Fort St. Agathe, built in the 16th century, attests to a far longer heritage. Whether you're sunbathing at the beach, drinking the local wine or cycling through the hills and meadows, you are bound to be enchanted by this French Riviera idyll.
Unspoilt and enchanting, the limited accommodation means that hotels do get booked up fast. So, to bag a room at one of the best places to stay in Ile de Porquerolles we recommend booking well in advance.
The best places to stay in the Ile de Porquerolles
For a village location
- Villa Sainte Anne is situated close to the port and overlooking the village square. It's a friendly hotel and very popular with families, and is also very convenient for sailing trips and deep sea fishing.
- Le Mas du Langoustier was built by the original owner, Francois Fournier, and it sits in a glorious position amidst the pines and eucalyptus trees. The well appointed rooms are traditional in style and adorned with antiques. The cuisine is first class, with alfresco dining. There is also an excellent spa.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to visit the Ile de Porquerolles is during the summer months when the temperature ranges between 13 and 28 degrees.
- Fly to Hyeres Airport, and get a ferry to Porquerolles, a 20 minute journey.
- There are no cars on the island, but there is bike hire available.
Still not sure?
- Take another look at our list of the best places to stay in the Ile de Porquerolles,
- Expand your search to include all of our recommendations on the Cote'Azur or in Provence.
- Alternatively, contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ile de Porquerolles
Best Hotels in Ile de Porquerolles
Villa Sainte Anne Ile de Porquerolles 25 rooms from £95Air conditioningSailing - Il de Porquerolles is a great place for sailing.Great walks - Explore the island's beautiful coastline.Fishing - Go out deep sea fishing from the harbour.
Le Mas du Langoustier Porquerolles, Ile de Porquerolles 50 rooms from £130On the beach - There's a semi wild private beach just steps from the main building......just ask for a towel!Sights nearby - Explore the botanical gardens. There's a half hourly shuttle bus that'll take you to the village or harbourSpa - A wellness centre offers chromotherapy treatments and a wide range of massages, manicures & facialsTennis - Two tennis courts on site, and you can borrow equipment.