- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Le Havre
About Le Havre
Le Havre is a busy port city at the mouth of the mighty Seine, right on the English Channel. Le Havre means harbour in French, and Le Havre has always been the working port of Paris, a place where goods were moved from ship to barge, then up the river and into the capital. The best places to stay in Le Havre are great bases whether you're passing through either to or from a ferry or planning to stay longer and explore the area. Its historic importance is why it was so heavily bombed in WWII, but this devastation lead to Le Havre's spectacular redesign - by Belgian architect Auguste Perret, who created a bright, modern city, well deserved of the UNESCO Heritage status it now has.
What Not To Miss
- These days Le Havre is also a cruise-ship port, and home to one of the world's greatest impressionist art museums, the Musee Malrax.
- And you're just across the river from pretty Hornfleur...with it's charming, colourful buildings.
- The Eglise St-Joseph is a dramatic church with a tower rising 107 metres into the skies. Although it looks like a somewhat imposing concrete tower from the outside - the interior is rather striking with stained glass windows rising high up the tower.
- Or stroll around one of the parks or gardens for a tranquil escape from the bustling town.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Le Havre is right in the centre of town and ideally located for both beach and night life.
The best places to stay in Le Havre
- The Hotel Vent d'Ouest is a small hotel and apartment complex close to the sea, and some of Le Havre's best shopping and restaurants. Its three rooms and three self-catering apartments have private balconies and nice views, and there's a cosy sitting room, a billiards room and even a meeting room.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of centrally located properties, great for exploring the town!
- Fly to Le Havre – Octeville Airport located only 5.6km (3.5 miles) from Le Havre with flights to the UK and within Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Le Havre with rail links to Paris amongst other destinations - taking approximately 2 hours.
- There's also a ferry service from Le Havre to Portsmouth in England.
- If you want to rent a car - for prices and online bookings click here.
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August for warm temperatures for enjoying the beach or exploring the coast.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Le Havre for you?
Best Hotels in Le Havre
Hotel Vent d'Ouest 3 rooms from £88Le Havre
A small understated hotel close to the sea and not far from the shopping and restaurants. Bedrooms over three floors and three apartments with private balconies. Billiards room, meeting rooms, and cosy sitting rooms. Great for short stays or longer business stop overs.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Right in the centre of Le HavreSpa