- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Les Arcs
About Les Arcs
Les Arcs is a modern, purpose-built resort with four different sections: 1600, 1800, 1950 and 2000. The numbers correspond roughly to the altitudes, but not entirely, Les Arcs 2000 was supposed to be a futuristic name - it’s actually around 2100 meters above sea level. The higher resorts are probably your safest bet if your idea of the best places to stay in Les Arcs involves ski-in ski-out facilities.
1600 and 1800 start roughly on the treeline, on a steep section of mountain overlooking the town of Bourg-Saint-Maurice. Les Arcs 1600 was built first, at the top of a funicular railway which starts in Bourg-Saint-Maurice. Whereas 1800 is newer and larger, and probably one of the best places to stay in Les Arcs if you’re looking for great value.
1950 and 2000 are on the far side of the mountain, at the bottom of a great snowy bowl. Futuristic 2000 has around a half dozen large linked apartment blocks and a few blocks of chalet style accommodation. 1950 is newer, it opened in 2003, and is a more traditional looking ski resort.
The whole area has a good variety of runs, both on and off-piste, with some exciting wooded runs and some very challenging skiing. There’s also a cable car linking you to La Plagne, and you’re close enough to Val d’Isère and Tignes to consider popping over for the day.
Just don't forget that the French Alps are extremely busy during the peak winter dates - Feb half-term and New Year especially. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Les Arcs, get organised and book well ahead.
What Not To Miss
- Head up the Aiguille Rouge and bask in the utterly glorious views all around.
- After a day on the slopes enjoy a tipple in George Browns Wine Bar.
- If you're here with the family then spend an evening at Bowling La Station.
The best places to stay in Les Arcs
For Les Arcs
- Mineral Lodge is a lovely little chalet in the Vanoise Valley, just below Les Arcs. It has just five rooms, but everything you need to enjoy either a summer or winter break. They’ll do you a packed lunch and dinner by arrangement, and they’ll also help you sort out your bike and ski hire.
For Val d'Isère
- Les Lauzes offers simple, traditionally Alpine accommodation with a number of adjoining rooms which are perfect for families. What's more, it's just around the corner from the pistes and the town's nightlife.
- Le Samovar is a chic chalet boasting family rooms and a lovely spa. Tuck into traditional Savoyard cuisine after a day out on the slopes.
- La Galise's location just a hundred metres away from the piste makes it an excellent base for an active getaway. The accommodation is simple and traditional, whilst triples are also on offer for families and groups.
- Le Blizzard is a centrally located 5* spot boasting atmospheric Alpine accommodation featuring dark wood and sumptuous furnishings. With a spa, top-notch food and a lively bar, it's the ideal upmarket retreat.
- Avenue Lodge is a designer property located in the centre of town. Boasting stylish contemporary interiors, a spoiling spa and an indoor pool, it's a top spot. Plus, you can enjoy traditional French cuisine from the restaurant.
- The luxurious Le Taos is ideal if you're looking for something different - with chic suites in natural hues featuring New Mexican style design twists. What's more, there's a spa and fantastic cuisine served up.
- Sat right next to Val D'Isère's slopes, the 5* Le Yule couldn't be better located. Come back to enjoy a good night's sleep in their plush, chic rooms or treat yourself to a spa session if you want to truly unwind.
- Mineral Lodge is an intimate 5-room property ideally situated to spend your days off hiking or skiing. Provides contemporary chic accommodation, packed lunches as well as bike and ski hire.
- Kandahar is a smart chalet-style spot offering easy access to the town's pistes. The interiors are typically Alpine, with plenty of wood and stone, whilst there's also a bar and a lovely restaurant.
- La Toviere is a cheap and cheerful spot with comfortable rooms and fine dining. A top all-round stay for those on a bit of a budget.
- Hotel Christiana is a splendid 5* stay with traditionally-Alpine rooms and a splendid spa. Plus, there's a lovely restaurant and extensive spa facilities.
- Les Barmes De L'Ours, another 5* stay, boasts plush rooms, three restaurants, and an indulgent spa.
- Hotel Tsanteleina is a stylish stay with sleek rooms and a lovely spa in which to unwind after a day on the slopes.
- Hotel Altitude is a sleek spot with smart Alpine accommodation, an excellent restaurant, and splendid views. Top-notch.
- Hotel Du Fornet is a chalet-style stay with smart interiors that are bound to impress. A lovely quiet getaway.
- Chalet Colinn is in an exceptionally beautiful spot, just down the hill from Val d’Isère or across the lake from Tignes. There are just five rooms, so this is an ideal property to book out, or a private place to bring someone special.
- Les Suites Du Montana is a 5* stay right on the slopes that oozes Alpine comfort. The rooms are cosy and rustic, whilst there's also a gourmet restaurant and a spa.
For La Thuile
- The 4* Hotel Maison de Neige offers comfortable and cosy rooms with magnificent bathrooms. Sitting at 6500 feet above sea-level and only accessible by snowmobile, it's ideal for experienced skiers looking for some off-piste fun.
- Rifugio Lilla is a cheap and cheerful spot that's ideal for families.
- Locanda Collomb is a stylish spot with cosy accommodation and a lovely sauna in which to unwind after a day out on the slopes.
- Nira Montana is a unique stay which blends traditional exteriors with stylish and more contemporary interiors.
For an apartment
if you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- If you're here to ski then visit between December and March. However, Les Arcs is also lovely in the summer - the average temperature rises to 17°C in July.
- Fly into Chambéry or Grenoble Airport before taking a bus transfer to Les Arcs.
- Alternatively, hire a car with Rentalcars and drive yourself over.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Les Arcs for you?
Best Hotels in Les Arcs
Mineral Lodge 5 rooms from £135Les Arcs (Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise)
A lovely little chalet in the Vanoise Valley. Just five rooms, packed lunches, dinner by arrangement, ski and bike hire too. Contemporary rooms have light wood and lots of natural light. Perfect for the great mountain outdoors, and ideal for couples and families.Active Holiday - Set in the Vanoise National Park there's plenty of outdoor pursuits.Skiing - In the winter only.Views - Great views from hotelBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet