Search the best hotels in Bad Weissee
About Bad Weissee
With snow-crowned mountain peaks, a picturesque lake and clean air, German holidaymakers have long been coming to Bad Wiessee for rest and respite. Perfect for couples looking for a romantic and revitalising break. The natural iodine-sulphur springs are alleged to have healing powers - known to aid the healing of respiratory and circulatory diseases, among others. Our collection of the best places to stay in Bad Wiessee are equally restoring with chic Alpine boutiques and gorgeous rural stays.
Sitting in the shadow of the Alps, in the lush Tegernsee Valley, Bad Wiessee is in an enviable position. With access to mountains, valleys populated by wildflower and a lake with waters that mirror the sky, folk have flocked in droves to the town because of its enchanting surroundings. Perfectly suited to hiking enthusiasts, there is also a golf course and outdoor spa featuring a huge sauna and bathing complex, waterfall pools, springwater whirlpools and Kneipp hydrotherapy, for those searching for something a little more relaxing.
What not to miss
- Enjoy bathing in the healing iodine-sulphur springs of Bade Park Bad Wiessee.
- Take in a round of golf at the golf course - the hardest in Upper Bavaria.
- Head to the casino!
- Walk through the wooded mountains and drink in the clean mountain air.
- Ride the cable car to the top of the Wallbergbahn and enjoy the enchanting views.
- Visit the Klosteranlage Tegernsee church, in nearby Tegernsee - a hidden secret known only to locals - and admire the gorgeous muralled ceilings.
Unsurprisingly this is a popular holiday destination so in order to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Bad Wiessee we recommend planning your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Bad Wiessee
- Relais-chalet Wilhelmy: a traditional family-run chalet-style hotel in gorgeous surroundings, offering simple, cosy and rustic rooms with large sash windows and sink-into beds. The restaurant serves hearty local fare, you can eat breakfast in the garden and a multitude of activities await you on arrival.
- Landhaus Marinella: offering 11 individually-designed bright and contemporary rooms with oak wood floors, this hotel is in a beautiful location. Boasting a pampering spa, sumptuous restaurant and balconies with sublime views, it beckons romance and charm. Perfect for couples or families alike.
- Landhaus Christl am See: the definition of Alpine-chic, offering gorgeous rooms adorned with pinewood furniture and beamed celilings, it boasts a lovely small spa ideal for unwinding in after a long day. A cute country escape!
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 10 and 22 degrees.
- Fly to Munich and get a train to nearby Tegernsee (a 3 hour journey) from where you can get a taxi or bus to Bad Wiessee.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Bad Weissee
Landhaus Marinella Bad Weissee (83707 Bad Wiessee) 14 rooms from £121
Set in a stunning location beside a sparkling lake near the Bavarian Alps, this charming property offers 11 cheerful, individually designed rooms adorned with oak floors. From winter sports to summer activities, there's fun for all ages. Ideal for families, couples and anyone who loves the outdoors.Active Holiday - From watersports to skiing there are so many exciting activities to take part in depending on the seasonLocal exploring - Perfect base for exploring the Bavarian countrysideLakeside - On the shores of one of Bavaria's loveliest lakesFamilies - Ideal for family vacations -fun for everyone
Relais-chalet Wilhelmy Bad Weissee 24 rooms from £147
A family-run property in stunning surrounds. Simple cosy rooms with large sash windows and sink-into beds. A gorgeous garden for outdoor breakfasts during the summer. A hearty regional fare is served up in the restaurant. A multitude of outdoor activities in the surrounding area. Totally idyllic.Active Holiday - The perfect landscape for outdoor activities with lake Tegernsee, miles of hiking trials and ski resorts all in the vicinity.Great walks - 180 km of hiking trials to be explored through the surrounding countryside.Romantic - Good for couples.SpaRecommended by - Frommers
Landhaus Christl am See Bad Weissee 13 rooms from £156
A charming traditional property with lake and mountain views. Cosy mountain rooms with beamed ceilings, wood panelling and traditional fabrics. A small spa to relax and unwind after a day in the great outdoors. A multitude of activities to keep all entertained. A quaint country escape.Hideaway - Set on the banks of a crystal clean lake in the stunning Tegernsee Valley - an idyllic escape.Romantic Break - Enjoy complete tranquility in quaint, traditional, surrounds.Sailing - The lake offers opportunities for a day's sailing with gorgeous scenary.Views - Great views from hotel