Search the best hotels in Berlin
There’s so much to Berlin, and that’s probably why for so many people these days it’s the ultimate international city. The nightlife is hipper than New York and it’s as culturally and historically rich as London or Paris, plus it’s always been a powerhouse of creativity. And when it comes to the best places to stay in Berlin it’s an understatement to say you’re inundated with choice.
Berlin is multicultural and gritty, but also glamorous and grand. The impressive architecture and statuary sit in amongst welcoming green spaces and fantastic cafe strips where there’s something going on 24hours a day. And, of course, the food is everything it’s cracked up to be. This is a big city, but the districts you’ll want to visit are small and compact and easy to get around on foot. So even after a few days you’ll develop a relationship with this place. It makes a difference where you stay, but our Gurus have recommendations for the best places to stay in Berlin all over town, so if you choose your area first it might help you with a short list.
Where To Stay - which neighbourhood?
- Berlin’s centre is called ‘Mitte’ or middle, and this is where you’ll find many of the tourist hubs like Potsdamer Platz and Alexanderplatz, plus the Reichstag and reams of great cafes and restaurants. If this sounds like the area you'd like to stay in here are our recommendations for the 10 Best Hotels in Mitte, Berlin.
- Just to the north is elegant, residential Prenzlauer Berg. The area is incredibly family-friendly, with plenty of cafés, ice cream shops and playgrounds. We have a list of the 3 Best Hotels in Prenzlauer Berg to recommend?
- Charlottenburg has recently been redeveloped and is now a great place to find chic hotels as well as boutique shopping. The magnificent Charlottenburg Palace is an absolute must-visit! We recommend 5 Best Hotels in Charlottenburg to start your search here.
- Friedrichshain was part of East Berlin, but has been gentrified since reunification. That said, it’s still a bit edgy; featuring plenty of indie cinemas, skate parks, great breweries and more. We've picked the 3 Best Hotels in Friedrichshain to get you started.
- While across the canal Kreuzberg has been edgy and liberal for a while, and we have picks for the 3 Best Hotels in Kreuzberg too.
- Alt-Treptow and Neukölln are perfect for those wanting a bit more peace and quiet; the districts are home to the Plänterwald forests and Treptower Park, but are still close enough to all the city's main sights.
What Not to Miss
Berlin is rife with iconic sights and sites, both old and new.
- Obviously the 18th century neoclassical icon that is the Brandenburg Gate is unmissable - and not just because of its size, but many people would argue that so are some of the dilapidating communist structures, made famous recently for the wonderful way they’ve been set upon by street artists and graffiti artists. Seeing these places, along with the remains of The Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Hitler’s Bunker and the Holocaust Memorial will really give you a sense of the drama that’s unfolded here.
- Berlin has had a disproportionately large effect on European history and it’s been the location for more than its fair share of meaningful events. And you can see this wherever you look, from the Reichstag to Sanssouci Palace and the Museumsinsel (which translates to ‘Museum Island’). Museum Island is also known for the Pergamon Museum, which sits outside Berlin’s own history and has an amazing collection of world renowned Ancient Greek, Middle-Eastern and Islamic art and artefacts.
- The Deutsches Historisches Museum is where to go if you do want to focus on Berlin’s, and Germany’s, history. The Gemäldegalerie is an incredible collection of European art housed in an incredible building, and the Berlinische Galerie is Berlin’s modern art and design museum.
- These days Berlin also has more than its fair share of cool. Private galleries are bursting with creativity, the theatre and music venues seem to be everywhere and always offering something new, and you’ll find the hippest DJs in the clubs. And of course this has always been a place to eat, drink and be merry.
- Take a break in Tiergarten Park when you need it.
Berlin’s energy is probably why its story is one of evolution and survival, despite hundreds of tumultuous years. Vibrant and cutting edge, there really is something for everyone here. Our Guru's recommendations for the best places to stay in Berlin range from the sumptuous Hotel de Rome, one of Rocco Forte's finest, to Die Fabrik a budget establishment ideal for those wanting to save their pennies for the pubs and clubs.
The Best places to stay in Berlin
- The Hotel Adlon Kempinski, Berlin's grand dame, oozes luxury and sophistication. Featuring large rooms complete with elegant furniture, there's also a superb spa in which to unwind and fabulous breakfast buffets served each morning. A dreamy city spot.
- Mandala Hotel offers spacious and contemporary suites just a stone's throw from the city's main attractions. With a Michelin starred restaurant and a spa, this is the ideal modern city break.
- Arte Luise Kunsthotel offers eclectic and funky rooms designed by different artists. Sculptures in the communal areas add to the place's gallery feel and it's a great value spot given its central location.
- Hotel de Rome is a wonderful example of contemporary elegance. It offers sleek suites and a rooftop terrace with superb views - the ideal spot to enjoy a tipple after a long day out! A top choice.
- The Circus offers individually designed rooms with plenty of bold colours and pop art used throughout. What's more, there are two bedroom apartments (ideal for families), as well as a restaurant serving regional cuisine.
- The characterful Monbijou Hotel enjoys a superbly central location and offers smart accommodation. You'll love the cosy feel of the library, complete with log fires and wood panelling, whilst there's also a Parisian restaurant on site. Wonderful value.
- The Regent is another obvious choice, with wood-panelled interiors and chandeliers. A home from home for the glitterati, it also boasts two Michelin starred dining and has long been feted as one of the best places to stay in Berlin.
- Boasting a townhouse setting, Honigmond is a traditional stay with a lovely garden. Ideal for romantic breaks.
- Art Nouveau, located around the corner from the bustling Savignyplatz Square, offers charming accommodation featuring plenty of vibrant colours. An unfussy and friendly option, there's an honesty bar in the communal salon and organic breakfasts are served each morning.
- The Ellington's 1920s facade belies its crisp, contemporary interiors with minimalist Scandinavian-style white on white rooms. Enjoy wonderful meals at their restaurant, and make the most out of your location to see all that the city has to offer.
- Hotel Q, located just off Kurfürstendamm and its wealth of retail options, is an uber trendy design spot. Offering contemporary minimalist accommodation, a spa and a superb Thai restaurant, it's a great modern city spot.
- The Heckers Hotel seamlessly blends contemporary common areas with faux-traditional accommodation (think neutral colours, rich fabrics and dark wooden furniture). Enjoy meals from the on site Greek brasserie - and all of this at superb value!
- Das Stue, housed in a former 1930s embassy, boasts contemporary accommodation with splashes of modern artwork on the walls and plenty of natural light. A stylish base from which to get to know Berlin.
- Hotel Zoo offers uber-contemporary luxury accommodation with open-plan bathrooms and plenty of vibrant colours. Enjoy splendid meals from the restaurant and make the most out of your location (on the renowned Kurfurstendamm street) to fully explore the city.
- 25 Hours Hotel Bikini Berlin is a quirky take on contemporary living. Set in an old office block, it boasts cool contemporary accommodation and open common spaces with exposed concrete walls and plenty of plants. A hip spot!
- The trendy Michelberger Hotel is an ideal spot for young travellers. With themed rooms featuring the bare necessities and a bar (not to mention the beer garden!), it's a great place to meet fellow tourists.
- NHOW is an ultra-cool stay: featuring futuristic rooms and cutting-edge design. Enjoy a drink on the riverside terrace after a day spent sightseeing.
Alt-Treptow and Neukölln
- Die Fabrik, set in a pre-war brick factory, is a great way to see Berlin on a budget. This hostel offers both individual bedrooms and dormitories for groups, whilst there's also a cafe with a courtyard where you can relax and meet other guests.
- The quirky Huttenplast offers truly unique accommodation, ranging from caravans and log cabins to more conventional bedrooms. With family rooms available and bikes to hire if you want to explore the city, it's a fun and decent value all round stay.
For An Apartment
- If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Berlin has two airports: Berlin-Tegel and Berlin-Schönefeld. Berlin-Tegel is marginally closer to the centre of town, but Berlin-Schönefeld is being expanded, so watch this space. From Berlin-Tegel to the centre of town it’s just 20 minutes on the X9 Express Bus, which departs every ten minutes. From Berlin-Schönefeld you can catch the train on the S9 line to Ostkreuz, then transfer to lines S5, S7 or S75 to get to Berlin Central Station. Or, you can take the regional RE7 and RB14 trains which take around 30 minutes to reach Central Station. Of course Berlin Central Station is an international rail station, which connects to the Eurostar lines as well as other European railways, so you can easily arrive by train.
- If you want to hire a car while in Berlin we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Berlin is busiest over the summer, so if you’re not put off by cooler weather then it’s probably best to visit when it’s quieter in April/May or September/October. During these shoulder seasons you can expect weather averages around 10°C, and for accommodation to be better value. If you like the cold, Berlin is also a great place to visit during the Christmas season - the city is beautifully decorated and there’s plenty of gluhwein and good cheer.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Berlin for you?
- You might want to refine your search to just the 10 Best Hotels in Mitte? or the 3 Best Hotels in Prenzlauer Berg? or the 5 Best Hotels in Charlottenberg? or the 3 Best Hotels in Friedrichshain? or the 3 Best Hotels in Kreuzberg?
- Or you could expand your search to include the neighbouring city of Potsdam?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Best Hotels in Berlin
Die Fabrik Berlin 9 rooms from £48Groups - A perfect space for artistic groups travelling to Berlin, with dorm rooms and special prices for large groups.Value chic - Cool converted factory in the "multikulti" district of Kreuzberg, with casual cafe and courtyard garden.Sights nearby - The East Side Gallery, a painted stretch of the Berlin Wall, is within easy distance.Lively - Hip and happening.
Monbijou Hotel Berlin 101 rooms from £63Outstanding location - Positioned in the absolute city centre in the Berlin Mitte, with views of the Berliner Dom.Boutique - Stunning interiors house an eclectic collection of objets d'arts and modern design.City Style - In the ultimate central location with bags of personality and personability.Lively - Hip and happening.
Huttenpalast Berlin 18 rooms from £60Close to nightlife - Lots of interesting bars, cafes, restaurants within 5 min walk of hotel.Sights nearby - 3.5km from infamous Checkpoint CharlieLearning - Lots of local museums to exploreCycling - Bicycle hire available
Quietly located in Berlin's trendy Neukölln district, this quirky hotel has 18 unique and original rooms. Stay in caravans, log cabins or comfortable, contemporary bedrooms. Huttenpalast is located near hundreds of interesting bars, restaurants and clubs - a perfect hub for exploring the city. See More
Max Brown Ku'damm Berlin 70 rooms from 70Value chic - A hip spot in leafy Charlottenburg offered at very reasonable rates.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A chic modern hotel in the quiet Charlottenburg district. Minimalist styled rooms are individually designed and boast high ceilings and enormous sash windows. A lively bar complete with billiard table and excellent breakfasts are on offer. A reasonably priced option for the design conscious. See More
AMANO Grand Central Berlin 250 rooms from £62City Style - A great base with a cocktail bar and slick restaurant, ideal for exploring the city in styleLocal markets - Enjoy flea markets such as Arkonaplatz for vintage, Nowkoelln Flowmarkt for fashion, and Mauerpark for its eclectic piecesSights nearby - A 15 minute walk across the River Spree will take you to famous sights such as the Reichstag and TiergartenLively - Hip and happening.
A sleek and stylish central hotel in a great central location, complete with a rooftop bar, cocktail bar and restaurant. The smart rooms are minimalist with a chic black and white aesthetic, featuring contemporary black furniture and dark parquet floors. Great for couples or business stays alike. See More
Arte Luise Kunsthotel Berlin 48 rooms from £67Writing a novel - Artists stay for free if they contribute to the project, thus you'll always find a creative crowd hanging around the courtyard!Value chic - An unheard of price for this prime central location, not to mention the funky design and interesting folks you'll meet here.Local markets - A 20 minute walk brings you to The Gendarmenmarkt, a lovely open square that holds one of the city's famed Christmas markets.Sights nearby - The Reichstag Dome is only five minutes down the road, climb the double helix walkway for the best viewpoint over the city.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers
Eclectic, funky hotel with rooms designed by different artists. Each room is as whacky as the next - the themes jump from time, to space, to travel. The sculptures in the lobby and philosophy in the stairwell accompany the guests en route rather like an art gallery in which you can stay the night. See More
Ku Damm 101 Berlin 170 rooms from £68Value chicLively - Twice a month a DJ plays in the bar.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Large contemporary minimalist hotel, cool and affordable. Huge simple rooms with lots of natural light, pale colours, and minimalist furniture. Bar, in-room massage, and entertainment twice a month. A great choice for those looking for something functional and understated. See More
Hotel Amano Berlin 163 rooms from £79Local exploring - Located in the heart of Berlin offering easy access across the city.Great walks - Take a stroll down the beautiful Unter den Linden boulevard.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Q Berlin 77 rooms from £83City Style - Cutting edge design and a covetted member's only bar.Bar - Lively, member's only, plus guests.Spa breaksSights nearby - Around the corner is the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.Recommended by - I Escape, Design Hotels
Michelberger Hotel Berlin 119 rooms from £73Lively - Trendy, urban, youthful.Value chicCity StyleSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Indigo Berlin Alexanderplatz 10178 Berlin 153 rooms from £75Local exploring - A conveniently located 4 star hotel ideal for exploring the buzzing Mitte scene and nearby sightsSights nearby - Just a 3 minute walk from the iconic Alexanderplatz and Berlin's TV Tower landmarkLocal markets - Spend the weekends browsing flea markets in the city centreLively area - In the thick of the action.
Hotel Art Nouveau Berlin 22 rooms from £77Value chic - Wooden floors and high ceilings meet cutting edge art and funky design, at a reasonable price tag.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
A modern revamp of a classic Art Nouveau building. Charming rooms feature wooden floors and contemporary touches, think vast photos of gourds and Alice-in-Wonderland mirrors. Delicious organic breakfast is served in the bright and airy dining room. A fun and vibrant spot for exploring the city. See More
The Circus Berlin 60 rooms from £77Local exploring - Located in Berlin’s central district surrounded by galleries, restaurants and bars.Value chic - Abundant style and devilishly good prices.Sights nearby - Visit the Berlin Wall, the Soviet Embassy and Alexanderplatz.
The newest hotel in the Circus group following the ever-popular hostel. Creative design throughout. Bold colours in the individually designed rooms and some feature large works of pop-art. Regional-modern cuisine and an excellent cocktail list. Well positioned for city exploring. See More
Mittendrin Hotel Berlin (Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf) 4 rooms from £77Local exploring - A small boutique hotel with great transport connections.Sights nearby - Visit some of Berlin's most iconic sights including Alexanderplatz, The Berlin Wall and Check Point Charlie.Traditional
A charming owner-managed boutique hotel. The four rooms are all individually styled with bright colours and traditional features. A hearty breakfast is served. Just minutes from the underground and plenty of bars, restaurants and shops in the area. An ideal base for city exploration. See More
Cosmo Hotel Berlin Mitte Berlin 84 rooms from £78City StyleLively - Hip and happening.SpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Design Hotels, Michelin Travel
A contemporary hotel in West Berlin's Mitte district. Large spaces have sleek lines and minimalist furnishings. Rooftop terrace, lively bar, fitness centre and excellent business facilities. Cosmopolitan with the right touch of sombreness. Ideal for leisure travellers as well as business visitors. See More
Bleibtreu Hotel Berlin 60 rooms from £81City StyleLively - Hip and happening.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Mani Berlin 63 rooms from £82Romantic Break - Great for young couples looking for a buzzing weekend in BerlinSights nearby - Just a short 20 minute stroll to iconic sights such as Tiergarten and the Reichstag domeRestrictions on children - Adult onlyLively - Hip and happening.
A sleek designer hotel in a buzzing central area with a hip bar and restaurant, featuring an eclectic array of contemporary artworks. Smart rooms have a monochrome palette set against parquet floors and leather wall coverings and there are well-stocked minibars too. A sophisticated stay. See More
art'otel Berlin Mitte Berlin 109 rooms from £85Local exploring - Well placed in a quiet yet very central location, ideal for exploring shops, restaurants and sightsSights nearby - Visit the Recishtag dome and the Holocaust MemorialRomantic - Good for couples.Local markets - Good for local colour.
The Dude Berlin 27 rooms from £86City StyleSights nearby - Museum Island is only 15 minutes walk awayLively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Lulu Guldsmeden Berlin 81 rooms from £86City Style - An ubpeat hotel on a hip, central street ideal for fun city explorationLocal markets - Explore great fleamarkets such as Arkonaplatz for vintage, Nowkoelln Flowmarkt for fashion, and Mauerpark for its eclectic itemsSights nearby - Visit varied sights such as Berlin Cathedral, Checkpoint Charlie and the resplendant Charlottenburg PalaceGreat walks - Go to Treptower Park next to the Spree in the southeast of Berlin, great for a romantic afternoon stroll
A hip central hotel, complete with a bar and restaurant. The warehouse space is attractively furnished with retro pieces, artwork and plants. Spacious rooms are fresh and airy, featuring light wooden four-posters, Chesterfield furniture and elegant Turkish rugs. A cool Berlin base. See More
Hommage à Magritte Berlin 18 rooms from £86Local exploring - With a privileged location on a side street off boulevard Kurfürstendamm, this hotel is in a great location for local exploringFamilies - The hotel's family rooms can accommodate up to three people, and are great for parents travelling with childrenCity Style - Located in a heritage property in former West Berlin, this hotel has lots of chic local city styleRomantic - Good for couples.
This stylish boutique hotel occupies a heritage property in former West-Berlin. Interiors are simple and elegant with wooden floors, box-spring beds and bright windows; suites also feature a mural that pays homage to a Magritte work. Book a premium suite for a private balcony; an elegant city hotel. See More
Soho House Berlin Berlin 65 rooms from £87Roof terrace - With bar and pool.Views - Great views from hotelCity StyleChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
The Yard Berlin Berlin 55 rooms from £89Local exploring - In a quiet part of Kreuzberg, great for easy exploration of galleries, shops and sightsSights nearby - Head to The East Side Gallery, the longest piece of the Berlin Wall, to soak up some history and cultureLocal markets - Wander around the great array of weekend flea markets to pick up some great vintage dealsViews - Great views from hotel
A chic design hotel in a quiet part of a hip Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district, featuring a top-notch restaurant and bistro designed with a subdued Scandi-style. This theme continues upstairs with chic minimal rooms decorated with a soft palette and stylish wood furnishings. Superb! See More
Heckers Hotel Berlin 69 rooms from £91Sights nearby - The government district around the Reichstag is a short bus ride away and a great afternoon.Full of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.SpaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Privately run 4* luxury in West Berlin offering prime location. Contemporary rooms furnished with faux-traditional elegance - neutral colours, rich fabrics and dark wooden furniture. The bathrooms are lavish. Restaurant, terrace and bar are lively. An understated and extremely comfortable choice. See More
AMANO Home Berlin 34 rooms from £91Local exploring - Situated in a convenient central location close to shops, restaurants and sightsLocal markets - Head to the buzzing food market Kollwitzplatz in Prenzlauer Berg on Thursdays and Saturdays, which has an artisanal vibeSights nearby - Visit the iconic Berlin WallRomantic - Good for couples.
Smart and well-appointed self catering apartments with a distinctly Scandinavian vibe, with bedrooms featuring crisp white linens and minimalist black or grey furniture. Walls have tasteful artwork and the stylish furniture is nonetheless comfy, creating an overall sleek home-away-from-home feel. See More
Vienna House Andel's Berlin Berlin 557 rooms from £94City Style - This hotel has a great location in the heart of Berlin's bustling city centre, between central Friedrichstain and hip KreuzbergShort fly break - Berlin is a perfect choice for a short fly break; there is lots to see close to the hotel during a weekend awayFamilies - With a kid's club in the hotel, and low costs for additional beds, this is a good option for familiesViews - Great views from hotel
This four-star design hotel is located in the heart of Berlin, close to the trendy Kreuzberg area. The comfortable rooms have a bold, modern style and luxury finish. Choose between three contemporary restaurants and a chic bar with panoramic views over Berlin. A smart city choice. See More
Villa Abion Berlin 224 rooms from £96City Style - A slick modern hotel spectacularly positioned right on the river Spree.Sights nearby - Not to miss sights include Alexanderplatz, Eastside Gallery and Check Point Charlie but the list of sights is endless.Views - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A contemporary luxury hotel set on the river in a serene part of Berlin. Light airy rooms and suites have large warehouse-style windows. Soft hues are livened by pops of green. A laid-back restaurant boasts lovely river views. Hire a hotel bike for easy access to all the action. A sleek property. See More
Provocateur Hotel Berlin 59 rooms from £97City Style - Stylish bolthole with flamboyant interiors, a fabulous restaurant and a glamorous bar that’s buzzing at weekendsRomantic Break - The sumptuous, quirky decor makes for a fun romantic baseSights nearby - The small but pleasant Preussen Park is just around the corner, and it is a short U-bahn ride to the centre's famous sightsCooking classes - Got to Schoko Fabrik - a chocolate factory - and learn how to make your own chocolate
Hip West-Berlin hotel with lavish, quirky interiors created by a well-known Israeli designer. The Asian-style restaurant is run by an award-winning chef, and the happening bar draws a stylish crowd with its weekend DJ sets. Rooms are decorated with sumptuous furnishings and bathrooms are luxurious. See More
Henri Hotel Berlin Berlin 68 rooms from £100Local exploring - The area is full of boutiques, eateries and major sights like the Zoo and the Kaiser Wilhelm churchLively area - Located just off West Berlin's famous and buzzing Kurfüstendamm boulevardSights nearby - The hotel is a short metro journey to famous sights such as the Reichstag, Tiergaten and Potsdamer PlatzLocal markets - Berlin has a host of centrally located flea markets, vintage markets and food markets to wander through
A chic hotel in hip West Berlin housed in a 19th century building. Fusing retro eclecticism with modern practicality, it has a home away from home feel. Rooms are spacious and stylish with gorgeous sash windows. Breakfast and light evening meals are served. A real winner! See More
Weinmeister Berlin 84 rooms from £103City StyleRoof terraceSights nearby - Plenty of major attractions can be reached on foot.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Boutique Hotel i31 Berlin 117 rooms from £104Local exploring - The train station is located within walking distance, making it easy to explore surrounding areas as wellCity Style - Contemporary style rooms fit for the city travellerLocal markets - Visit the local markets at the Friedrichstrasse shopping streetViews - Great views from hotel
Sir Savigny Hotel Berlin 44 rooms from £107City StyleLively - In the heart of the trendy Charlottenburg districtSights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalRecommended by - Tablet
Honigmond Garden Hotel Berlin 20 rooms from £108Sights nearby - Located in the historic centre of BerlinTraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Arabel Design Apartments Berlin from £115Groups - These apartments are ideal for groups of friends or families looking for a home-away-from-home feel in the heart of the citySights nearby - Visit iconic sights such as Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and Tiergarten, all in convenient central locationsGreat walks - Go to the Botanischer Garten for some lovely leisurely walks among some interesting floraLocal markets - Head to Mauerpark in Prenzlauer Berg, the setting for a shopping trip to remember
Lovely modern apartments in a great central location, with smart self-catering units and open-plan dining and lounge areas. Rooms are bright and smart, with parquet flooring, black-and-white photography and contemporary bathrooms complete with free-standing baths. A perfect city bolt-hole. See More
Ellington Hotel Berlin 285 rooms from £126City Style - Uber sleek minimalist rooms behind a Weimar-style facade, that was previously the famous West Berlin jazz club the Badewanne.Value chic - Prime location, fantastic facilities, beautiful contemporary rooms with a funky jazz theme throught- for peanuts!Great walks - The Zoo and Gardens are just a few minutes down the road and well worth checking out on a sunny afternoon.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Michelin Travel
Cool, all-white new addition to central Berlin's hotels. This fabulous 1920s facade has slick and trendy interiors. Extensive banqueting facilities make perfect spaces for private events, bright Scandinavian-esque white on white rooms, and a great restaurant. A stylish choice. See More
Hotel Orania Berlin 41 rooms from £130City Style - Located in the trendy neighbourhood of eastern Kreuzberg filled with independent bars and restaurants.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively - Hip and happening.SpaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A trendy hotel in the edgy neighbourhood of eastern Kreuzberg. Light bright rooms are individually styled yet follow a similar colour theme of natural tones set against red hues. With culture highly celebrated there's both a concert area and literary salon. The restaurant is fantastic too. See More
Titanic Gendarmenmarkt Berlin Berlin (Mitte) 208 rooms from £130Spa - 1000 Square metre BeFine Health Club and SpaSights nearby - Brandenburg Gate and all of Berlin's attractions are easily accessibleLocal markets - GendarmenmarktRecommended by - Tablet
Ackselhaus & Bluehome Hotels Berlin 31 rooms from 150FoodiesFamiliesSights nearby - ewish cemetery on Schönhauser Allee.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape
Myer's Hotel Berlin 51 rooms from £131City Style - A 4 star boutique hotel in the trendy Prenzlauer Berg district, boasting leafy garden and pampering spa facilities.Sights nearby - The famed Alexanderplatz square is just one stop away on the metro.Lively - Hip and happening.TraditionalRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A simple hotel in a classical 19th century building. Well maintained, full of charm and close to museums and nightlife. Basic rooms, lovely lobby bar with parquet flooring and Cuban-style tables, and an English-style tea room. Convenient and comfortable for city exploring. See More
Hotel Oderberger 10435 Berlin 72 rooms from £133City Style - On one of the most pleasant streets in one of the nicest parts of Berlin, lined with buzzing cafes, bars and shopsLocal exploring - Central location close to U and S bahn stations, and walking distance to sights such as the famous MauerparkHistoric - Occupies a beautiful listed bathhouse that dates back to the 19th centurySwimming Pool - A 20-metre pool, open to the public as well as to hotel guests, and sauna are available 5 days a week for an additional fee
A historic 19th century bath house conversion. Interiors have an industrial-chic feel with bare brick walls, beams and distressed paint finished in pastel hues. An impressive indoor swimming pool surrounded by grand arches is a real bonus and the spacious bar and restaurant area is hip and buzzing. See More
25Hours Hotel Bikini Berlin Berlin 149 rooms from £134City Style - Located in West Berlin’s old centre, between Tiergarten Park, the Berlin Zoo and the retail heart, Kurfürstendamm.Designer - Cutting egde design has transformed an old office space into an urban paradise.Views - Stunning cityscape and zoo views from all anglesRoof terrace - Lively rooftop Monkey Bar.Recommended by - Design Hotels
25Hours Bikini Berlin is a design hotel in West Berlin, part of the hip 25 Hours boutique hotel chain. With an urban jungle theme, direct views over the Zoologischen Garten, quirky rooms and a buzzy rooftop bar and restaurant, the hotel encapsulates the creative and vibrant energy of the city. See More
nhow Berlin 304 rooms from £135City StyleLively - Europe's first music hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Casa Camper, Berlin Berlin 51 rooms from £136Sights nearby - Located in the heart of the cityCity StyleFoodiesLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Mandala Hotel Berlin 158 rooms from £147Foodies - Michelin star restaurant.City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Patrick Hellman Schlosshotel Berlin 53 rooms from £160City Style - A converted palace in one of Berlin's swishest neighbourhoods boasting elegant design and luxury service.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A renovated palace located in one of Berlin's smartest districts. Designed by fashionista Patrick Hellman attention has unsurprisingly been paid to every lavish detail. Sip a cocktail in the glamorous GQ Bar, unwind in the indulgent spa and have joyfully easy access to all the city has to offer. See More
Das Stue Berlin 67 rooms from £171Foodies - Michelin starred chef.City StyleSpa breaksSights nearby - Adjacent to the 210 acre Tiergarten Park and steps from Berlin Zoo. Reichstag & New National Gallery also within easy reachRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Hotel Zoo Berlin (KURFÜRSTENDAMM 25) 144 rooms from £177Local exploring - Located in the prestigious Kurfurstendamm street, surrounded by designer stores, restaurants and barsCity Style - Opulent rooms with all modern facilitiesSights nearby - The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the Berlin Zoo cannot be missedOpulent
A stylish and quirky hotel in a well known shopping street of Berlin. Rooms are uniquely designed, uber luxurious and some with open plan bathrooms. Also features a fine dining restaurant, a chic bar and fitness centre. Has been a popular hub with celebrities in the past, evokes classic elegance. See More
Lux 11 Hotel Berlin 72 rooms from £180City Style - Designer-architects Claudio Silverstein and Giulana Salmaso have crafted a sleek space unique in this edgy trendy part of town.Great walks - Alexanderplatz is one of the most famous squares of Berlin.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers
Cool, easy-going designer hotel in a lively part of East Berlin. White on white studio rooms with magenta throws, kitchenettes and rain showers. A unique Aveda HairSpa and excellent Japanese/Italian fusion restaurant. A fashionable spot on the doorstep of galleries, restaurants, and shops. See More
Schlosshotel im Grunewald Berlin 53 rooms from £194City Style - Spend your day being chauffeured around Berlin in a Rolls Royce, followed by an evening drink in the Tire Bouchon smoking salon.Total relaxation - This hotel was built for luxurious repose, from spa treatments to beds of the finest fabrics and knockout dining.Great walks - Near several small lakes and surrounded with wooded trails, plus the hotel will prepare private picnics for you.Designer - Karl Lagerfeld and Patrick Hellmann had a strong hand in the interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel, Great Small Hotels
A 1912 courtier's palace decorated by Karl Lagerfeld just outside Berlin in the leafy Grunewald suburbs. Opulence and grandeur from head to toe - rich crushed velvet fabrics, mahogany furniture, marble fireplaces, parquet floors, oil paintings. Two restaurants and a good spa. A lavish spot. See More
Gorki Apartments 10119 Berlin 36 rooms from £203City Style - Well-appointed, luxurious apartments ideal for stylish city explorationSights nearby - Visit the neo-baroque Reichstag and the iconic TiergartenLocal markets - Wander around the extensive Mauerpark Sunday flea marketHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Super stylish crash-pads ideal for trendy couples and weekenders, in the hip Berlin-Mitte district close to fabulous bars and restaurants. Sleek interiors have contemporary fittings and a muted colour palette, while in the rooms chic furnishings prioritise comfort and style. A delight. See More
Ritz Carlton Berlin 10785 Berlin 303 rooms from £210City Style - In a superb central location, this luxury hotel is a great base from which to explore in styleLocal markets - Central Berlin has many quirky markets and flea markets to exploreSights nearby - Head to the Recishtag to soak up some political historySwimming Pool - Indoor pool
Hotel de Rome Berlin 146 rooms from £278Sights nearby - Explore the city by hopping on the metro at U HausvogteiplatzSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
One of Rocco Forte's finest hotels. Architectural splendour and grand interiors that ooze contemporary elegance. Sleek rooms and suites in blues, reds and beiges. Fantastic roof top terrace bar/lounge with unrivalled views of Berlin, great spa. An ultra-stylish spot for any city visitor. See More
Regent Berlin Hotel Berlin 195 rooms from £279Foodies - A range of restaurants and bars to explore, as well as Fischers Fritz Restaurant and its two Michelan Stars.Sights nearby - Nearby Französische Straße underground station is a great way to explore the city.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin 382 rooms from £351Large HotelFree wifiGreat walks - Ask for the personalised walking and jogging maps and go through the beautiful Berlin Tiergarten.Sights nearby - Reserve an exclusive Berlin city tour at the travel desk.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel