Search the best hotels in Berlin
There’s so much to Berlin! The nightlife is hipper than New York, it’s as culturally and historically rich as London or Paris, plus it’s always been a powerhouse of creativity. So it’s probably no wonder that for many it’s the ultimate international city destination. And it’s equally unsurprising that there’s a huge range of choices when it comes to picking the best places to stay in Berlin. Berlin is multicultural and gritty, but also glamorous and grand, and its hotels are just the same.
Berlin is a big city, but the districts you’ll want to visit are small, compact, and easy to get around on foot. And it doesn’t take many days of walking them to develop a relationship with the part of Berlin where you’ve chosen to stay. Which is why we advise you start your search for the perfect Berlin hotel in the Where to stay section, and see which part of Berlin is the best match for your plans.
The recommendations that appear on best places to stay in Berlin list are our favourites from all of our picks of places to stay in Berlin; we’ve tried to include a range of areas, plus a range of hotel types. Berlin’s energy and variety are probably why its story is one of evolution and survival, despite hundreds of tumultuous years. Vibrant and cutting edge, there really is something for everyone here.
Some of our Berlin Collections:
- 10 of the Best Hotels in Mitte
- 5 of the Best Hotels in Charlottenburg
- The Best Hotels in Prenzlauer Berg
- The Best Hotels in Kreuzberg
- The Best Hotels in Friedrichshain
- Best Boutique Hotels in Berlin
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Berlin
The capital of Germany is an extremely popular year round destination, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Berlin, do your homework and book well ahead!
The Best Places to Stay in Berlin
The Best Hotels in Mitte
- Mitte has so many of Berlin’s main sights, but it still has a good choice of hotels that are chic and affordable. The characterful Monbijou Hotel is an example, with its 101 smart, yet simple rooms and suites, with their wood floor, attractive objets d’arts and muted grey decor. Its public spaces are eclectically contemporary with a retro, industrial feel and a warm, welcome — especially in the library, with its fireplaces. Plus there's a Parisian themed restaurant.
- The Titanic Gendarmenmarkt Berlin is a stylishly converted warehouse in the centre of town. Its 208 rooms and suites have a luxurious feel, with fantastic prints behind every headboard featuring the ruby red closed curtains of a collection of theatres. Some rooms have private balconies with incredible city views. Its Beef Grill Club restaurant offers authentic Turkish cuisine, and there’s a Turkish spa too. And a huge health club.
- If you prefer your decor contemporary, consider the Lux 11 Hotel, a black, white and fuchsia design hotel with 72 rooms and suites, most with their own kitchenettes. This is a fashionable spot, with an unusual, but cool Japanese/Italian fusion restaurant, and an Aveda HairSpa. And the location is excellent, both for the main sights and galleries, restaurants and shopping.
Some of the Best Hotels in Charlottenburg
- Das Stue is occupies a building that in the 1930s served as an embassy, and it’s probably as impressive now as it was then. But with more contemporary design and chic features, like a crocodile in the elegant Art Deco entrance hall just waiting to greet you, and rooms with elegantly shaped contemporary furnishings, lots of light and splashes of modern art. There are 67 rooms and suites — some with wonderful views of the Tiergarten Park, which is just next door, plus a gym and spa, and a Michelin-starred restaurant. This is a super cool Berlin base.
Our Hotel Picks in Friedrichshain
- Trendy and urban, the Michelberger Hotel is designed with a youthful vibe, meaning that, as well as feeling cool, its 119 rooms and suites also include dorm rooms with bunk beds, and quad sleepers with loft beds. Rooms are themed, and decorated with added flea market collectibles on the themes. There’s a hip bar, with a beer garden, and a restaurant, and it’s a good place to meet fellow travellers.
- NHOW is the sort of design hotel that’s so forward looking it’s sort of gone into the future, with sofas that look like jelly beans, Jeff Koons style art and a bubble-gum inspired colour palette. It’s also big, with 304 rooms and suites. And it has its own recording studios, yes, plural! And a bar overlooking the Spree, plus a gym and spa and restaurant.
For a city break
- Berlin has numerous really cool looking hotels, and the Mandala Hotel is a great example, with its sleek, angular surfaces in a range of textures, and its interesting lighting. There are 158 rooms and suites, some of which are very spacious, with wood flooring and white on white decor. There’s also a two Michelin starred restaurant, and a spa. And you’re within a short walk of many of Berlin’s main attractions. We think this is the ideal modern city break hotel.
- The Regent Berlin Hotel is another obvious choice for a city break, what with its fantastic location in Mitte, it’s scale — with 195 rooms and suites, and its combination of style, substance and practicality. On the style front it’s got classically elegant rooms, with chandeliers, marble, gilt, damask upholstery and rooms lit by natural light and lamps. The substance is its seamless running, with wonderful service. And the practicality is the location.
Hip Berlin Hotels
- Mitte’s Soho House Berlin is young, fun, luxurious, and whatever the hippest cats are using instead of the word ‘cool’ these days. It has 65 rooms, suites and self-catering apartments, and they’re all completely different, but all chic and memorable. Our Guru favours some of the Art Deco styled choices, with their herringbone parquet and elegantly shaped velvet furnishings. The bistro is busy, with locals as well as visitors, and there’s an unbeatable rooftop bar and pool. Plus a gym, spa and cinema.
- The Hotel Q is an uber trendy design hotel just off Chatlottenburg’s Kurfürstendamm. The decor is really something else! There are 77 rooms and suites, which are all minimal, but probably not in the way you’re expecting, probably more like a space station from a Bond film, but with all the mod. cons.. The members and hotel guests only bar is lively, and there’s a top of the range spa and a Thai restaurant. For chic movers and shakers.
- Sleek and sexy, the Hotel Mani is a designer hotel in a buzzing central spot. There are 63 rooms and suites, with striking yet minimal furnishings, a black, white and red colour scheme and large scale photography on the walls. Some of the suites are huge, with private terraces overlooking the city, but even the standard rooms are cool and comfortable. The lobby is light and neutral, the bar is dark and masculine, and there’s an impressive indoor/outdoor restaurant. This is a sophisticated place to stay.
- Hip, central and very affordable, Lulu Guldsmeden was a warehouse, so has those huge multi-paned warehouse windows, and exposed brick walls. Now converted into a space with 81 rooms and suites, some of them family sized, plus a cool bar with a street terrace, the interiors have been decorated with retro pieces: Chesterfield sofas, Turkish rugs, light wood four-poster beds and white drapes. It’s cool, but in a very liveable way.
For a romantic stay
- The Hotel Adlon Kempinski is Berlin's grande dame, a large and luxurious legend in an incredible spot. There are 382 rooms and suites, decorated with classical hotel elegance and sophistication, plus a fantastic spa and a restaurant with two Michelin stars. The breakfast buffet is the stuff of legend too, as is the bar, with its wonderful ceiling.
- None of the Gurus are sure about the name, but the Hotel de Rome is certainly worthy of more attention than just a query about why it’s called the Hotel de Rome… This is a really beautiful contemporary hotel, a splendid edifice on the outside, with 146 sleek rooms and suites — the suites have roof terraces and wonderful views over Mitte. And if you don’t have your own suite you can always go upstairs to the roof terrace where there’s a wonderful bar and lounge.
- Once a courtier’s palace, Schlosshotel im Grunewald is still an elegant schloss in the leafy Berlin suburb of Grunewald, but now its interiors have been redecorated by Karl Largerfeld, and its opulence and grandeur heightened. Where there have always been marble fireplaces and parquet floors, and mahogany panelling and staircases, there’s now also fuchsia damask on the walls and a monochrome colour scheme featuring eclectic contemporary art and photography in the 53 rooms and suites. The indoor pool is lovely, and there are hot tubs, a gym and spa, a garden and two excellent restaurants.
- Simple, smart, well designed and centrally located, the Arabel Design Apartments are a collection of comfortable, modern apartments in a range of shapes and sizes. Expect space, wood flooring, open plan dining and kitchens, black and white photography on the walls, and contemporary bathrooms complete with baths, which are super desirable when it comes to travelling with small children.
- The Gorki Apartments are a notch up from the Arabel when it comes to style, with a more varied range of decors in their 36 rooms and suites — some of which are huge. If you like neutrals, great, if you like bright colours, great, if you like retro style, there’s something for you too, and all of the rooms and suites have great design touches, and plenty of natural light. The location, in Mitte, is ideal for places to eat, and walking to the major sights, which is useful when travelling as a family, and yet, despite being so central, the apartments are pretty quiet.
For great value
- Named for its beautiful exterior, the Hotel Art Nouveau has re-vamped, yet sympathetic interiors, so that its 22 rooms and suites, with their bright colours and large scale contemporary art, still have an Art Nouveau feel to them. Located around the corner from the bustling Savignyplatz, this is an unfussy, friendly option, with an honesty bar in the communal salon and organic breakfast served each morning.
- The Circus is cool and affordable, with a sort of stylish hotel/hostel format and 60 rooms and suites in a great variety of size and bed configurations, including hotel rooms and two bedroom apartments. The decor is creative, with colour and light in the rooms and hipper, dimmer plentiful public spaces. Expect pop-ups of pop art and a friendly bar, library and restaurant. And the Mitte location is ideal for seeing the city.
Prefer An Apartment?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private home we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Berlin has two airports: Berlin-Tegel and Berlin-Schönefeld. Berlin-Tegel is marginally closer to the centre of town, but Berlin-Schönefeld is being expanded, so watch this space. From Berlin-Tegel to the centre of town it’s just 20 minutes on the X9 Express Bus, which departs every ten minutes. From Berlin-Schönefeld you can catch the train on the S9 line to Ostkreuz, then transfer to lines S5, S7 or S75 to get to Berlin Central Station. Or, you can take the regional RE7 and RB14 trains which take around 30 minutes to reach Central Station. Of course Berlin Central Station is an international rail station, which connects to the Eurostar lines as well as other European railways, so you can easily arrive by train.
- If you want to hire a car while in Berlin we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Berlin is busiest over the summer, so if you’re not put off by cooler weather then it’s probably best to visit when it’s quieter in April/May or September/October. During these shoulder seasons you can expect weather averages around 10°C, and for accommodation to be better value. If you like the cold, Berlin is also a great place to visit during the Christmas season - the city is beautifully decorated and there’s plenty of gluhwein and good cheer.
Still not sure which to book?
- You might want to refine your search to just the 10 Best Hotels in Mitte, the 3 Best Hotels in Prenzlauer Berg, the 5 Best Hotels in Charlottenburg, the 3 Best Hotels in Friedrichshain, or the 3 Best Hotels in Kreuzberg.
- Or you could expand your search to include the neighbouring city of Potsdam?
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Berlin
Best Hotels in Berlin
Die Fabrik Berlin 9 rooms from $61Groups - A perfect space for artistic groups travelling to Berlin, with dorm rooms and special prices for large groups.Value chic - Cool converted factory in the "multikulti" district of Kreuzberg, with casual cafe and courtyard garden.Sights nearby - The East Side Gallery, a painted stretch of the Berlin Wall, is within easy distance.Restaurant - Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at the FABRIK-CAFÉ
Atmospheric student and artist friendly hostel in a pre-war brick-built factory. This characterful spot boasts a friendly cafe, courtyard, bright and quirky bedrooms, and dormitories for groups. A great value choice for groups of friends. See More
Monbijou Hotel Berlin 101 rooms from $81Outstanding location - Positioned in the absolute city centre in the Berlin Mitte, with views of the Berliner Dom.Boutique - Stunning interiors house an eclectic collection of objets d'arts and modern design.City Style - In the ultimate central location with bags of personality and personability.Restaurant - A Twenties style bistro with Parisian influences.
A fabulous boutique slap bang in the middle of Berlin. Eclectic modern interiors filled with attractive objets d'arts, a lively bar, cosy library with fireplaces, gorgeous rooms and suites, and a Parisian restaurant. Super cool, very central, and good value. See More
Huttenpalast Berlin 18 rooms from $77Close to nightlife - Lots of interesting bars, cafes, restaurants within 5 min walk of hotel.Sights nearby - 3.5km from infamous Checkpoint CharlieLearning - Lots of local museums to exploreCycling - Bicycle hire available
Quietly located in Berlin's trendy Neukölln district, this quirky hotel has 18 unique and original rooms. Stay in caravans, log cabins or comfortable, contemporary bedrooms. Huttenpalast is located near hundreds of interesting bars, restaurants and clubs - a perfect hub for exploring the city. See More
Max Brown Ku'damm Berlin 70 rooms from 70Value chic - A hip spot in leafy Charlottenburg offered at very reasonable rates.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A chic modern hotel in the quiet Charlottenburg district. Minimalist styled rooms are individually designed and boast high ceilings and enormous sash windows. A lively bar complete with billiard table and excellent breakfasts are on offer. A reasonably priced option for the design conscious. See More
AMANO Grand Central Berlin 250 rooms from $80City Style - A great base with a cocktail bar and slick restaurant, ideal for exploring the city in styleLocal markets - Enjoy flea markets such as Arkonaplatz for vintage, Nowkoelln Flowmarkt for fashion, and Mauerpark for its eclectic piecesSights nearby - A 15 minute walk across the River Spree will take you to famous sights such as the Reichstag and TiergartenDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A sleek and stylish central hotel in a great central location, complete with a rooftop bar, cocktail bar and restaurant. The smart rooms are minimalist with a chic black and white aesthetic, featuring contemporary black furniture and dark parquet floors. Great for couples or business stays alike. See More
Arte Luise Kunsthotel Berlin 48 rooms from $86Writing a novel - Artists stay for free if they contribute to the project, thus you'll always find a creative crowd hanging around the courtyard!Value chic - An unheard of price for this prime central location, not to mention the funky design and interesting folks you'll meet here.Local markets - A 20 minute walk brings you to The Gendarmenmarkt, a lovely open square that holds one of the city's famed Christmas markets.Sights nearby - The Reichstag Dome is only five minutes down the road, climb the double helix walkway for the best viewpoint over the city.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers
Eclectic, funky hotel with rooms designed by different artists. Each room is as whacky as the next - the themes jump from time, to space, to travel. The sculptures in the lobby and philosophy in the stairwell accompany the guests en route rather like an art gallery in which you can stay the night. See More
Ku Damm 101 Berlin 170 rooms from $87Value chicLively - Twice a month a DJ plays in the bar.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Large contemporary minimalist hotel, cool and affordable. Huge simple rooms with lots of natural light, pale colours, and minimalist furniture. Bar, in-room massage, and entertainment twice a month. A great choice for those looking for something functional and understated. See More
Hotel Amano Berlin 163 rooms from $101Local exploring - Located in the heart of Berlin offering easy access across the city.Great walks - Take a stroll down the beautiful Unter den Linden boulevard.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel set in the heart of the city. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with floor to ceiling windows, crisp white linen and polished wooden floors. A rooftop bar is the perfect spot to enjoy an evening tipple. A trendy spot offered at very attractive prices. See More
Hotel Q Berlin 77 rooms from $106City Style - Cutting edge design and a covetted member's only bar.Bar - Lively, member's only, plus guests.Spa breaksSights nearby - Around the corner is the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.Recommended by - I Escape, Design Hotels
A super trendy design hotel off the main retail street Kurfürstendamm. Contemporary rooms and suites with minimal furnishings and all the mod cons, lively member's only bar, top of the range spa, and a Thai restaurant. A highly coveted spot for movers and shakers. See More
Michelberger Hotel Berlin 119 rooms from $93Lively - Trendy, urban, youthful.Value chicCity StyleRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - CN Traveller
The bare necessities in a hip, urban, youthful hotel. Rooms designed according to themes - think flea market collectibles scattered through 'the library' or 'the chalet', for example. Inexpensive and cool. See More
Hotel Art Nouveau Berlin 22 rooms from $99Value chic - Wooden floors and high ceilings meet cutting edge art and funky design, at a reasonable price tag.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
A modern revamp of a classic Art Nouveau building. Charming rooms feature wooden floors and contemporary touches, think vast photos of gourds and Alice-in-Wonderland mirrors. Delicious organic breakfast is served in the bright and airy dining room. A fun and vibrant spot for exploring the city. See More
The Circus Berlin 60 rooms from $99Local exploring - Located in Berlin’s central district surrounded by galleries, restaurants and bars.Value chic - Abundant style and devilishly good prices.Sights nearby - Visit the Berlin Wall, the Soviet Embassy and Alexanderplatz.Restaurant - Recommended.
The newest hotel in the Circus group following the ever-popular hostel. Creative design throughout. Bold colours in the individually designed rooms and some feature large works of pop-art. Regional-modern cuisine and an excellent cocktail list. Well positioned for city exploring. See More
Cosmo Hotel Berlin Mitte Berlin 84 rooms from $100City StyleLively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Design Hotels, Michelin Travel
A contemporary hotel in West Berlin's Mitte district. Large spaces have sleek lines and minimalist furnishings. Rooftop terrace, lively bar, fitness centre and excellent business facilities. Cosmopolitan with the right touch of sombreness. Ideal for leisure travellers as well as business visitors. See More
Bleibtreu Hotel Berlin 60 rooms from $103City StyleRestaurant - The New York style Deli 31Lively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Subtly modern, lots of natural light, simple rooms in a sleepy part of Berlin. Lovely courtyard, spa, and restaurant inspired by New York. A great city choice for those looking for something less avant garde. See More
Hotel Mani Berlin 63 rooms from $105Romantic Break - Great for young couples looking for a buzzing weekend in BerlinSights nearby - Just a short 20 minute stroll to iconic sights such as Tiergarten and the Reichstag domeRestrictions on children - Adult onlyLively - Hip and happening.
A sleek designer hotel in a buzzing central area with a hip bar and restaurant, featuring an eclectic array of contemporary artworks. Smart rooms have a monochrome palette set against parquet floors and leather wall coverings and there are well-stocked minibars too. A sophisticated stay. See More
art'otel Berlin Mitte Berlin 109 rooms from $109Local exploring - Well placed in a quiet yet very central location, ideal for exploring shops, restaurants and sightsSights nearby - Visit the Recishtag dome and the Holocaust MemorialRomantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A chic hotel in a practical central location with a restaurant, bar and art gallery. Expect sleek interiors featuring contemporary designer furniture and bold fabrics, while minimalist rooms have retro furniture and indulgent bathrooms. A great city bolthole. See More
The Dude Berlin 27 rooms from $110City StyleRestaurant - Brooklyn Beef Club, one of Berlin's best restaurantsSights nearby - Museum Island is only 15 minutes walk awayLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
An eclectic mix of contemporary design and elegance. An iconic bar and steakhouse restaurant, small gym, and sophisticated suites with private balconies. A grown up spot with oodles of character. See More
Hommage à Magritte Berlin 18 rooms from $110Local exploring - With a privileged location on a side street off boulevard Kurfürstendamm, this hotel is in a great location for local exploringFamilies - The hotel's family rooms can accommodate up to three people, and are great for parents travelling with childrenCity Style - Located in a heritage property in former West Berlin, this hotel has lots of chic local city styleRomantic - Good for couples.
This stylish boutique hotel occupies a heritage property in former West-Berlin. Interiors are simple and elegant with wooden floors, box-spring beds and bright windows; suites also feature a mural that pays homage to a Magritte work. Book a premium suite for a private balcony; an elegant city hotel. See More
Soho House Berlin Berlin 65 rooms from $111Roof terrace - With bar and pool.Views - Great views from hotelCity StyleChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
The coolest place in town. Soho House is a playground for grown-ups. Chic boutique rooms and self-catering apartments, all completely different but equally as special as the next. Busy bistro, fantastic roof top bar and pool, gym and spa area. Young, fun, luxurious. See More
The Yard, Berlin Berlin 55 rooms from $115Local exploring - In a quiet part of Kreuzberg, great for easy exploration of galleries, shops and sightsSights nearby - Head to The East Side Gallery, the longest piece of the Berlin Wall, to soak up some history and cultureLocal markets - Wander around the great array of weekend flea markets to pick up some great vintage dealsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A chic design hotel in a quiet part of a hip Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district, featuring a top-notch restaurant and bistro designed with a subdued Scandi-style. This theme continues upstairs with chic minimal rooms decorated with a soft palette and stylish wood furnishings. Superb! See More
AMANO Home Berlin 34 rooms from $117Local exploring - Situated in a convenient central location close to shops, restaurants and sightsLocal markets - Head to the buzzing food market Kollwitzplatz in Prenzlauer Berg on Thursdays and Saturdays, which has an artisanal vibeSights nearby - Visit the iconic Berlin WallRomantic - Good for couples.
Smart and well-appointed self catering apartments with a distinctly Scandinavian vibe, with bedrooms featuring crisp white linens and minimalist black or grey furniture. Walls have tasteful artwork and the stylish furniture is nonetheless comfy, creating an overall sleek home-away-from-home feel. See More
Vienna House Andel's Berlin Berlin 557 rooms from $120City Style - This hotel has a great location in the heart of Berlin's bustling city centre, between central Friedrichstain and hip KreuzbergShort break - Berlin is a perfect choice for a short fly break; there is lots to see close to the hotel during a weekend awayFamilies - With a kid's club in the hotel, and low costs for additional beds, this is a good option for familiesOutstanding location
This four-star design hotel is located in the heart of Berlin, close to the trendy Kreuzberg area. The comfortable rooms have a bold, modern style and luxury finish. Choose between three contemporary restaurants and a chic bar with panoramic views over Berlin. A smart city choice. See More
Villa Abion Berlin 224 rooms from $123City Style - A slick modern hotel spectacularly positioned right on the river Spree.Sights nearby - Not to miss sights include Alexanderplatz, Eastside Gallery and Check Point Charlie but the list of sights is endless.Views - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A contemporary luxury hotel set on the river in a serene part of Berlin. Light airy rooms and suites have large warehouse-style windows. Soft hues are livened by pops of green. A laid-back restaurant boasts lovely river views. Hire a hotel bike for easy access to all the action. A sleek property. See More
Provocateur Hotel Berlin 59 rooms from $125City Style - Stylish bolthole with flamboyant interiors, a fabulous restaurant and a glamorous bar that’s buzzing at weekendsRomantic Break - The sumptuous, quirky decor makes for a fun romantic baseSights nearby - The small but pleasant Preussen Park is just around the corner, and it is a short U-bahn ride to the centre's famous sightsCooking classes - Got to Schoko Fabrik - a chocolate factory - and learn how to make your own chocolate
Hip West-Berlin hotel with lavish, quirky interiors created by a well-known Israeli designer. The Asian-style restaurant is run by an award-winning chef, and the happening bar draws a stylish crowd with its weekend DJ sets. Rooms are decorated with sumptuous furnishings and bathrooms are luxurious. See More
Henri Hotel Berlin Berlin 68 rooms from $128Local exploring - The area is full of boutiques, eateries and major sights like the Zoo and the Kaiser Wilhelm churchLively area - Located just off West Berlin's famous and buzzing Kurfüstendamm boulevardSights nearby - The hotel is a short metro journey to famous sights such as the Reichstag, Tiergaten and Potsdamer PlatzLocal markets - Berlin has a host of centrally located flea markets, vintage markets and food markets to wander through
A chic hotel in hip West Berlin housed in a 19th century building. Fusing retro eclecticism with modern practicality, it has a home away from home feel. Rooms are spacious and stylish with gorgeous sash windows. Breakfast and light evening meals are served. A real winner! See More
Weinmeister Berlin 84 rooms from $132City StyleRoof terraceSights nearby - Plenty of major attractions can be reached on foot.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
A hip destination for movers and shakers in the revellers' district, Mitte. Urban-chic contemporary rooms with white washed walls and designer bed pods. Fantastic roof top bar, lots of parties, restaurant, and excellent spa. See More
Boutique Hotel i31 Berlin 117 rooms from $133Local exploring - The train station is located within walking distance, making it easy to explore surrounding areas as wellCity Style - Contemporary style rooms fit for the city travellerLocal markets - Visit the local markets at the Friedrichstrasse shopping streetRestaurant - Snack bar available
A chic and modern hotel located in the bustling Mitte district, close by to restaurants, bars and shops. Rooms are in contemporary style with comfort facilities. The bar is elegant with sleek design and a sumptuous buffet breakfast is served every morning. Super-central. See More
Honigmond Garden Hotel Berlin 20 rooms from $139Sights nearby - Located in the historic centre of BerlinLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalRestaurant - Recommended.
A lovely townhouse hotel with a beautiful garden. Very traditional rooms have floral wallpapers and oil paintings. Slightly old fashioned, but a good choice for the sophisticated traveller. See More
Arabel Design Apartments Berlin from $147Groups - These apartments are ideal for groups of friends or families looking for a home-away-from-home feel in the heart of the citySights nearby - Visit iconic sights such as Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and Tiergarten, all in convenient central locationsGreat walks - Go to the Botanischer Garten for some lovely leisurely walks among some interesting floraLocal markets - Head to Mauerpark in Prenzlauer Berg, the setting for a shopping trip to remember
Lovely modern apartments in a great central location, with smart self-catering units and open-plan dining and lounge areas. Rooms are bright and smart, with parquet flooring, black-and-white photography and contemporary bathrooms complete with free-standing baths. A perfect city bolt-hole. See More
Linnen Berlin 5 rooms from $147Groups - Some rooms sleep up to 6.City StyleValue chicFamiliesRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
An elegant B&B with an eclectic mix of boutique and modern furniture. Rooms and self-catering apartments have high ceilings, wooden floors and lots of natural light. A homely spot for groups of friends, couples or families. Great value too. See More
Sir Savigny Hotel Berlin 44 rooms from $148City StyleLively - In the heart of the trendy Charlottenburg districtLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalRecommended by - Tablet
A smart and graceful hotel in one of Berlin's liveliest areas. Beautifully styled bedrooms with modern art, velvet seating and some with private balconies and in-room tubs. Trendy Butcher Restaurant for "burgers, booze and beer"! Sophisticated contemporary elegance in Charlottenburg. See More
Lulu Guldsmeden Berlin 81 rooms from $161City Style - An ubpeat hotel on a hip, central street ideal for fun city explorationLocal markets - Explore great fleamarkets such as Arkonaplatz for vintage, Nowkoelln Flowmarkt for fashion, and Mauerpark for its eclectic itemsSights nearby - Visit varied sights such as Berlin Cathedral, Checkpoint Charlie and the resplendant Charlottenburg PalaceGreat walks - Go to Treptower Park next to the Spree in the southeast of Berlin, great for a romantic afternoon stroll
A hip central hotel, complete with a bar and restaurant. The warehouse space is attractively furnished with retro pieces, artwork and plants. Spacious rooms are fresh and airy, featuring light wooden four-posters, Chesterfield furniture and elegant Turkish rugs. A cool Berlin base. See More
Hotel Orania Berlin 41 rooms from $167City Style - Located in the trendy neighbourhood of eastern Kreuzberg filled with independent bars and restaurants.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively - Hip and happening.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A trendy hotel in the edgy neighbourhood of eastern Kreuzberg. Light bright rooms are individually styled yet follow a similar colour theme of natural tones set against red hues. With culture highly celebrated there's both a concert area and literary salon. The restaurant is fantastic too. See More
Titanic Gendarmenmarkt Berlin Berlin (Mitte) 208 rooms from $167Spa - 1000 Square metre BeFine Health Club and SpaRestaurant - The Beef Grill Club offers authentic Turkish cuisine with an emphasis on excellent quality beef.Sights nearby - Brandenburg Gate and all of Berlin's attractions are easily accessibleLocal markets - GendarmenmarktRecommended by - Tablet
A luxury hotel in the heart of Berlin with a stylish converted warehouse feel. Guests can enjoy the fine, grill restaurant and an extensive Turkish spa. Rooms are decorated in warming, earthy colours and private balconies with city views are available on request. See More
Ackselhaus & Bluehome Hotels Berlin 31 rooms from 150FamiliesFoodiesSights nearby - ewish cemetery on Schönhauser Allee.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
A truly boutique collection of two hotels with rooms and a few self-catering apartments. Bedrooms have around the world themes - think Africa, Rome, China - in vibrant colours with stand alone bathtubs. A great choice for families, groups and couples. See More
Myer's Hotel Berlin 51 rooms from $168City Style - A 4 star boutique hotel in the trendy Prenzlauer Berg district, boasting leafy garden and pampering spa facilities.Sights nearby - The famed Alexanderplatz square is just one stop away on the metro.Lively - Hip and happening.TraditionalRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A simple hotel in a classical 19th century building. Well maintained, full of charm and close to museums and nightlife. Basic rooms, lovely lobby bar with parquet flooring and Cuban-style tables, and an English-style tea room. Convenient and comfortable for city exploring. See More
Hotel Oderberger 10435 Berlin 72 rooms from $170City Style - On one of the most pleasant streets in one of the nicest parts of Berlin, lined with buzzing cafes, bars and shopsLocal exploring - Central location close to U and S bahn stations, and walking distance to sights such as the famous MauerparkHistoric - Occupies a beautiful listed bathhouse that dates back to the 19th centurySwimming Pool - A 20-metre pool, open to the public as well as to hotel guests, and sauna are available 5 days a week for an additional fee
A historic 19th century bath house conversion. Interiors have an industrial-chic feel with bare brick walls, beams and distressed paint finished in pastel hues. An impressive indoor swimming pool surrounded by grand arches is a real bonus and the spacious bar and restaurant area is hip and buzzing. See More
25Hours Hotel Bikini Berlin Berlin 149 rooms from $171City Style - Located in West Berlin’s old centre, between Tiergarten Park, the Berlin Zoo and the retail heart, Kurfürstendamm.Designer - Cutting egde design has transformed an old office space into an urban paradise.Views - Stunning cityscape and zoo views from all anglesRoof terrace - Lively rooftop Monkey Bar.Recommended by - Design Hotels
25Hours Bikini Berlin is a design hotel in West Berlin, part of the hip 25 Hours boutique hotel chain. With an urban jungle theme, direct views over the Zoologischen Garten, quirky rooms and a buzzy rooftop bar and restaurant, the hotel encapsulates the creative and vibrant energy of the city. See More
nhow Berlin 304 rooms from $173City StyleLively - Europe's first music hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet
Contemporary cutting-edge design hotel. Futuristic rooms have bubble gum colours and curvaceous furniture. Two recording studios, restaurant, and spa. A hip destination. See More
Casa Camper, Berlin Berlin 51 rooms from $175Sights nearby - Located in the heart of the cityCity StyleFoodiesRestaurant - Buffet restaurant offering everything you would expect in your mini bar for free!Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Contemporary hotel in central Berlin with a popular restaurant, small gym, and within striking distance of the trendiest areas. Bedrooms and suites have light parquet floors, red walls, and all the modern gadgetry necessary. A cool city spot. See More
Mandala Hotel Berlin 158 rooms from $188Foodies - Michelin star restaurant.City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Spectacularly modern and spacious suites in a large hotel. Michelin starred restaurant, extensive spa, and excellent meeting rooms. Fantastic penthouse suite at the top. Ideal for any modern city visitor. Stylish and gourmet. See More
Patrick Hellman Schlosshotel Berlin 53 rooms from $205City Style - A converted palace in one of Berlin's swishest neighbourhoods boasting elegant design and luxury service.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
A renovated palace located in one of Berlin's smartest districts. Designed by fashionista Patrick Hellman attention has unsurprisingly been paid to every lavish detail. Sip a cocktail in the glamorous GQ Bar, unwind in the indulgent spa and have joyfully easy access to all the city has to offer. See More
Das Stue Berlin 67 rooms from $219Foodies - Michelin starred chef.City StyleSpa breaksSights nearby - Adjacent to the 210 acre Tiergarten Park and steps from Berlin Zoo. Reichstag & New National Gallery also within easy reachRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Previously an embassy in the 1930s, now an upmarket boutique hotel with a Michelin starred kitchen and excellent spa. Contemporary bedrooms and suites have light wood floors, lots of natural light, and splashes of modern art. A very stylish spot with all the trimmings. See More
Hotel Zoo Berlin (KURFÜRSTENDAMM 25) 144 rooms from $227Local exploring - Located in the prestigious Kurfurstendamm street, surrounded by designer stores, restaurants and barsCity Style - Opulent rooms with all modern facilitiesSights nearby - The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the Berlin Zoo cannot be missedViews - Great views from hotel
A stylish and quirky hotel in a well known shopping street of Berlin. Rooms are uniquely designed, uber luxurious and some with open plan bathrooms. Also features a fine dining restaurant, a chic bar and fitness centre. Has been a popular hub with celebrities in the past, evokes classic elegance. See More
Lux 11 Hotel Berlin 72 rooms from $231City Style - Designer-architects Claudio Silverstein and Giulana Salmaso have crafted a sleek space unique in this edgy trendy part of town.Great walks - Alexanderplatz is one of the most famous squares of Berlin.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers
Cool, easy-going designer hotel in a lively part of East Berlin. White on white studio rooms with magenta throws, kitchenettes and rain showers. A unique Aveda HairSpa and excellent Japanese/Italian fusion restaurant. A fashionable spot on the doorstep of galleries, restaurants, and shops. See More
Schlosshotel im Grunewald Berlin 53 rooms from $249City Style - Spend your day being chauffeured around Berlin in a Rolls Royce, followed by an evening drink in the Tire Bouchon smoking salon.Total relaxation - This hotel was built for luxurious repose, from spa treatments to beds of the finest fabrics and knockout dining.Great walks - Near several small lakes and surrounded with wooded trails, plus the hotel will prepare private picnics for you.Designer - Karl Lagerfeld and Patrick Hellmann had a strong hand in the interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel, Great Small Hotels
A 1912 courtier's palace decorated by Karl Lagerfeld just outside Berlin in the leafy Grunewald suburbs. Opulence and grandeur from head to toe - rich crushed velvet fabrics, mahogany furniture, marble fireplaces, parquet floors, oil paintings. Two restaurants and a good spa. A lavish spot. See More
Gorki Apartments 10119 Berlin 36 rooms from $260City Style - Well-appointed, luxurious apartments ideal for stylish city explorationSights nearby - Visit the neo-baroque Reichstag and the iconic TiergartenLocal markets - Wander around the extensive Mauerpark Sunday flea marketViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Super stylish crash-pads ideal for trendy couples and weekenders, in the hip Berlin-Mitte district close to fabulous bars and restaurants. Sleek interiors have contemporary fittings and a muted colour palette, while in the rooms chic furnishings prioritise comfort and style. A delight. See More
Ritz Carlton Berlin 10785 Berlin 303 rooms from $269City Style - In a superb central location, this luxury hotel is a great base from which to explore in styleLocal markets - Central Berlin has many quirky markets and flea markets to exploreSights nearby - Head to the Recishtag to soak up some political historySwimming Pool - Indoor pool
An elegant luxury hotel in the centre of Berlin. Sleek marble-clad interiors and stylish furniture set the tone. Sumptuous rooms and suites are the last word in luxury. Boasting an array of restaurants and bars plus a pool. A real treat! See More
Hotel de Rome Berlin 146 rooms from $356Sights nearby - Explore the city by hopping on the metro at U HausvogteiplatzSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
One of Rocco Forte's finest hotels. Architectural splendour and grand interiors that ooze contemporary elegance. Sleek rooms and suites in blues, reds and beiges. Fantastic roof top terrace bar/lounge with unrivalled views of Berlin, great spa. An ultra-stylish spot for any city visitor. See More
Regent Berlin Hotel Berlin 195 rooms from $357Foodies - A range of restaurants and bars to explore, as well as Fischers Fritz Restaurant and its two Michelan Stars.Sights nearby - Nearby Französische Straße underground station is a great way to explore the city.Restaurant - 2 Michelin stars.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Glitter and practicality combined in a well-run hotel. Highly polished marble, panelled public rooms, chandeliers, Victorian landscapes and English period prints. A sophisticated hotel with a double Michelin-starred restaurant. A home from home for glitterati. See More
Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin 382 rooms from $450Free wifiGreat walks - Ask for the personalised walking and jogging maps and go through the beautiful Berlin Tiergarten.Sights nearby - Reserve an exclusive Berlin city tour at the travel desk.Restaurant - Double Michelin-star restaurantRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
The Grande Dame of Berlin's hotels. Large, luxurious and sophisticated rooms with smart fabrics and elegant furniture. Fantastic spa, restaurant and conference facilities for both business and leisure guests. A hotel that caters to every comfort in excess and in style. See More