Search the best hotels in Frankenberg
Frankenberg lies in the beautiful Ederbergland of Northern Hesse. Originally a natural mountain stronghold, the town grew through its strategic location at the junction of two trade routes. Despite two catastrophic fires in 1476 and 1507 Frankenberg rose again and many of the old landmarks remain or were rebuilt. Of interest to the sightseer may be the ten-towered Town Hall, the Gothic Liebfrauenkirke, the old Steinhaus - dating from 1240 - or the numerous half-timbered buildings that characterise the town. The best places to stay in Frankenberg are perfect for exploring this historic and now fashionable place.
What Not To Miss
- Wander around the town taking in its historic charms. Don't miss the Town Hall and the pretty half-timbered houses that litter the streets.
- Take the whole family on a walk around the Wildpark: full of friendly wildlife and with some lovely views of the surrounding area.
- Alternatively, head to the Thonet Museum for a bit of culture. This furniture company were the originals creators of the bentwood chair - the collection here might is a must for any design-lover!
The best places to stay in Frankenberg
For boutique luxury & top notch cuisine
- Situated in Frankenberg’s most picturesque square, Hotel Die Sonne is an oasis of tranquillity and sophistication with Michelin starred dining, an exotic arabian themed spa and it is centrally located for easy access to all the attractions of the area.
For a country escape
- Located a few miles outside Frankenberg in the forest setting of Frankenau, Die Barenmuhle is a delightful spot oozing rural charm. The rooms are smart, there's an atmospheric dining room/restaurant and the beautiful countryside is on your doorstep.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Weather-wise, the best time to visit Frankenberg is during the summer months - with the average temperature climbing to 21°C in July and August.
- If you're coming from abroad then you're best bet is to fly into Frankfurt Airport or Düsseldorf Airport before taking the train to Frankenberg.
- If you want to explore the surrounding countryside then you might want to rent a car. Check out the wide selection available with our partner, Rentalcars.
- Browse through our pick of the best places to stay in Frankenberg
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in the surrounding state of Hesse.
- Or, feel free to contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Frankenberg
Best Hotels in Frankenberg
Hotel Die Sonne Frankenberg 60 rooms from £126Restaurant - Four different restaurants to choose from.Spa breaks - Top of the range spa and indoor pool.Foodies - Michelin star restaurant.LuxuryRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
A luxurious boutique hideaway with Michelin star restaurant, a top of the range spa, and sumptuous rooms and suites. Small and cosy, yet every bit as opulent as a grand hotel. Rooms and suites are elegant and traditional with contemporary flair. Cooking lessons, wine tasting, golf, museums. See More