- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Konstanz
Located on the shores of the lake from which it takes its name, Konstanz can trace its history back to the Stone Age. Its position in history has been assured by the famous ecclesiastical Council of Konstanz from 1414-1418, which signalled the end of the Western Schism. Beautiful architecture and its enviable position on Lake Konstanz has long made it a popular destination in the summer months. The best places to stay in Konstanz tend to be found on the shores of the lake.
Things not to miss:
- One of the big reasons for visiting Konstanz is the lake. Explore it on a boat or simply recline by the shore.
- Fans of history will enjoy visiting the Jan Hus museum, dedicated to the early Reformist who was put to death after the Council of Konstanz. Also check out the Archaeological Museum.
- The city's two most historic institutions are the University and Konstanz Cathedral.
- Nearby the Cathedral, visitors can explore the remains of the original Roman fort at Konstanz.
Konstanz is a great place for people to visit if they're looking for a mix of cultural exploration and relaxation. Our selection of the best places to stay in Konstanz tend to get busy in the summer months so get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Konstanz
For lakeside luxury
- Overlooking the soothing waters of the lake, Hotel Riva is a great base for a trip to Konstanz. The hotel features excellent rooms and a lovely pool but the real highlight is its restaurant. The michelin starred Ophelia is one of Konstanz's best restaurants.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Konstanz is Friedrichshafen (17 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best rates.
- The best time to visit Konstanz is from May to September when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Konstanz
Hotel Riva 51 rooms from £250Konstanz
A luxury hotel boasting an enviable lakeside location. Elegant rooms with high ceilings, sash windows and enormous sink-in-to beds. A stunning spa will ease any stress and the restaurant has been awarded two stars. A wonderfully chic property in a gloriously quiet spot for true city relaxation.Spa breaks - Be completely pampered at the spa that uses luxurious treatments including St. Barth, Thalgo and Ella Baché.Foodies - Enjoy exquisite cuisine at the Michelin Star Ophelia restaurant.Great walks - Take a gentle walk along the lakeshore and soak up the sights and sounds of the countryside.Sailing - Indulge in a romantic cruise on the lake, the perfect way to pass an evening.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels