- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Leipzig
With its place in the development of classical music assured for all time, Leipzig is taking on an increasingly hip and modern atmosphere. In recent times it has been labelled Hypezig, the 'New Berlin' and 'Boomtown', Leipzig is certainly a place that's on the up. Combine this with the city's rich history and you have a place that's ripe for exploration. Explore the streets that inspired some of Bach's greatest work or Schiller to write his famous 'Ode to Joy'. The best places to stay in Leipzig are generally found in the heart of the city.
Things not to miss:
- Leipzig has a rich architectural heritage with fine examples of Renaissance, Baroque and Modernist buildings. The peak architectural period for Leipzig was the 19th century Grunderzeit era with one of the best examples being Palais Roßbach.
- The city is home to a number of excellent art museums, the best of them being Leipzig Museum of Fine Arts and the Grassi Museum.
- Other interesting museums include German Museum of Books and Writing, Egyptian Museum of the University of Leipzig and The Schillerhouse.
- Leipzig Zoological Garden is one of the biggest modern zoos in Europe with around 850 species. It is home to Gondwanaland, the world's largest indoor rainforest.
- There are a number of lovely churches in Leipzig including, St Nicholas's, St Peters's and St Thomas's.
- Leipzig Oper has established itself as one of Germany's, and Europes', most important operas.
Rich in culture, both new and old, Leipzig is a great place for a city break. Our selection of the best places to stay in Leipzig offer a great blend of style and heritage.
The best places to stay in Leipzig
- Steigenberger Grandhotel Handelshof is a superb modern five-star hotel. Just off the picturesque Naschmarkt square, the hotel features plush rooms, a deluxe spa and an excellent restaurant.
For contemporary chic
- Motel One is a stylish hotel right in the heart of Leipzig. Smart rooms and a lively bar make the hotel a great option if your looking for an adventurous weekend away. Great value for money.
For historic charm
- If high ceilings and parquet floors are your thing, then Hotel Fregehaus is your place. Nestled right in the centre of the Old Town, this place is steeped in history with beautiful wooden pannelling, long windows and an atmospheric library.
- A superb restaurant, a sublime spa and luxurious suites, Hotel Furstenhof is made for people who are looking for a relaxing time. A historic 19th century hotel in the heart of Leipzig, it's piece de resistance is its magnificent wellness centre with an indoor pool, Finnish sauna and Roman steam room.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Leipzig Airport.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Leipzig is from June to September, when the temperature sits in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Leipzig
Steigenberger Grandhotel Handelshof 177 rooms from £134Leipzig
An suave modern hotel, just off Leipzig's historic Naschmarkt square. The urbane rooms are decorated with metallic colour schemes and contemporary furnishings. Perfectly placed for exploring beautiful architecture and engaging atmosphere of central Leipzig. Five-star quality.City Style - A contemporary jem in the heart of Leipzig, offering large modern spa and excellent restaurant overlooking the Lichthof area.Business meetings - The top-class meeting facilities and central location make it great for business exchanges.Sights nearby - The hotel is just a two minute walk from Nikolai Church Leipzig.Local markets - Winter guests must explore the famed Leipzig christmas market.
Motel One, Leipzig 194 rooms from £69Leipzig
Stylish, designer hotel in the heart of Leipzig. Its public areas are sleek and classy, especially the bar, and its rooms are spacious and comfortable. Perfectly placed for exploring the rich musical heritage of Wagner, Bach and Schumann. Great location and low cost create a winning formula.City Style - A trendy design hotel with Egyptian cotton linens, granite bathrooms and chic lobby bar, right in the heart of Leipzig.Sights nearby - Nikolai Church Leipzig is right beside the hotel.
Hotel Fregehaus 20 rooms from £75Leipzig
Hotel Fregehaus is located in the heart of Leipzig. It boasts large rooms with high-ceilings, parquet flooring and a smart mix of antique and modern furnishings. An elegant breakfast room serves indulgent breakfasts and their atmospheric library is a lovely spot to unwind in with a tipple. Fabulous!Local exploring - Make the most of your central location to see all that Lepizig has to offer!Sights nearby - Visit the striking St. Thomas Church or take a stroll through the Botanical GardenTraditional
Hotel Michaelis 91 rooms from £78Leipzig
Hotel Michaelis, set in a restored 19th century building, offers contemporary rooms with en suite bathrooms and satellite TV in the heart of Leipzig. There are plenty of attractions moments away whilst the hotel also has a great restaurant.Sights nearby - Go visit the Zoo Leipzig, Botanical Gardens, Gallery for Contemporary Art or Panometer LeipzigLocal markets - Only a short distance from Leipzig's renowned Christmas market
Hotel Furstenhof 92 rooms from £136Leipzig
A grand historic hotel in the centre of Leipzig. Enormous, elegant rooms feature floor to ceiling windows decorated with heavy drapes, antique furniture and luxurious bathrooms. A fine dining restaurant and glamourous wine bar will keep evening revellers amused. A spoiling stay.Spa breaks - An extensive wellness centre boasting a Finnish sauna, Roman steam room, heated pool and wide range of treatments.City Style - A glamorous grand hotel in the heart of the Old Town.Swimming Pool - Indoor Pool.Opulent