- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lubeck
Once the leading light of the Hanseatic League, Lübeck has had to settle for less prominent position in modern Germany. However the fruits of such historic significance are born out in the city's stunning architecture. Distinctive and impressive, Lübeck is a UNESCO World Heritage Site as a result of it's extensive brick Gothic architecture. The city is also famous for its marzipan and claims to be the first plac to produce marzipan. The city has countless hotel hotels but the best places to stay in Lübeck tend to celebrate the town's formidable architectural heritage.
Things not to miss:
- Arguably one of Germany's most iconic buildings, it would be hard to visit Lübeck without taking in the breathtaking sight of Holstentor.
- Museumsquartier St Annen is a fascinating place to explore and gives an insight into 700 years of history, art and culture in Lübeck.
- For anyone interested in the Hanseatic League, visiting the Europäisches Hansemuseum is a must to get a handle on one of Europe's most powerful trading alliances.
- There's stunning Gothic architecture all over Lübeck and some of the finest examples of this stand in the form of churches. Marienkirche boasts the world's highest brick-vaulted roof.
- Also worth having a look at is the city's 12 century Cathedral.
- For a slightly kooky museum experience, visit the Theater Figuren Museum, a place dedicated to puppets.
Lübeck is really best explored by foot and at every turn there's things that catch the eye. The best places to stay in Lübeck also tend to be eye-catching spots.
The best places to stay in Lübeck
For town centre
- Located in the heart of Lübeck's old town, you don't need to be a linguist to work out what Klassik Aldstadt Hotel is about. Each room pays homage to an artist from the city and offers stylish, comfortable accomodation. A great base from which to explore the city.
- Hotel Haase takes the form of a converted townhouse in the centre of Lübeck. Offering four chic suites with exposed walls and brass beds, the hotel is great for people who are looking for a quiet, intimate place to stay.
For a quiet spot
- Nestled in the countryside outside Lübeck, Ringhotel Friederikenhof is a delightful riverside hotel. Offering comfortable rooms, an excellent restaurant and beautiful surroundings to explore, it's a good option for people are looking for a relaxing spot.
For a historic stay
- Housed in a beautiful building that dates back to 1305, Hotel Anno 1216 is a charming spot. The elegant rooms feature wonderful cornicings, high ceilings and parquet floors. A very atmospheric hotel in the heart of Lübeck.
For contemporary chic
- Atlantic Hotel is a stylish, modern establishment in the heart of Lübeck. Spacious, comfortable rooms and an excellent restaurant make the Atlantic a great place to retreat to. Take one of the hotel's free bikes on offer and explore Lübeck on two wheels.
For a private apartment
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Lübeck is Hamburg (53 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Lübeck is from June to September, when the temperature ranges from 21ºC to 28ºC.
Still not sure where to book?
Best Hotels in Lubeck
Klassik Aldstadt Hotel 28 rooms from £112Lubeck (Hansestadt)
Classical-style hotel located in Lübeck's historic old town. Its traditional rooms are individually decorated, each paying homage to famous artists from Lubeck. Located in the UNESCO old town, it's ideal for exploring the city's extensive Brick Gothic architecture and its Hanseatic League history.Local exploring - Walking distance from many of Lübeck's attractions - including its beachLocal markets - Explore the local markets of Lübeck's Innenstadt.Sights nearby - Marienkirche church is five minutes walk away.
Hotel Anno 1216 11 rooms from £137Lubeck
A historic building dating back to 1305. Well proportioned rooms with high ceilings, enormous sash windows and parquet flooring, the best feature baroque styled ceiling frescoes. An indulgent Organic breakfast is served. Well positioned in Lübeck’s Old Town its an ideal base for exploring the city.Local exploring - Right in the heart of Lübeck’s Old Town, and just minutes from the beach, it's ideally placed to explore.Sights nearby - Just a short walk from Holsten Gate in Lübeck’s Old Town.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
Atlantic Hotel, Lubeck 135 rooms from £162Lubeck
A simple and stylish hotel located in Lubeck's Old Town. Featuring everything you'll need for a fuss free stay: good sized rooms with modern bathrooms, power showers and free wifi. A substantial buffet breakfast is included in the rate whilst seafood and grills are served in the restaurant.City Style - A smart, contemporary hotel with elegant interiors and a popular bar, right in the heart of Lübeck's Old Town.Spa
Hotel Haase 4 rooms from £95Lubeck
A charming townhouse converted into four chic suites. Atmospheric interiors keep their old-world charm with exposed beams and stonework. The suites offer contemporary kitchenettes and luxury bathrooms. Breakfasts served in an elegant hall. Situated in the heart of the Old Town. Highly recommended.Local exploring - An exceptionally comfortable base with a great location, ideal for exploring Lubeck.Sights nearby - Visit the elegant St Mary's Church and the 12th century Lübeck Cathedral.Restrictions on children - Children above 12 years are welcome.Full of character