Search the best hotels in Meersburg
Perched on the shores of Lake Constance, Meersburg is a picturesque medieval town with a fairytale air that enchants visitors with its Baroque architecture, old castles, fascinating museums and sumtpuous wine. Ideal for couples on a romantic break or a family holiday, its spellbinding setting - surrounded by mountains and a lake that mirrors the sky - makes it a favourite of German holidaymakers looking to unwind. Our collection of the best places to stay in Meersburg has something for everyone from charming and traditional to utterly luxurious.
The town was seemingly plucked from the pages of a children's storybook. Its half-timbered houses, old town gates, the noble Baroque facade of its mansions and large, elegant squares lined by charming cafes, conjures up images of a fairytale. The medieval centre is particularly beautiful, with the Old Palace - a medieval castle - standing stark and proud against the landscape. The New Palace, constructed in the early 18th century, has more elegance than the Old, and once housed the Bishop-Princes of Constance. The New Palace houses an art gallery, as well as the Dornier Museum of Aviation, so be sure to check it out!
Vineyards sweep like ruffled green carpets along the northern slopes of Lake Constance, growing grapes for the local Weissherbst wine - which all visitors are heartily encouraged to try. To learn more about the history of wine-making in the region, check out the Museum of Viticulture. The town brims with fantastic museums, be it the Meersburg Tapestry Art Museum or the Zeppelin Museum - a subject close to the hearts of local people, because Lake Constance was a hotbed of Zepellin production at the turn of the 20th century.
What not to miss
- Explore the New Palace, admiring the art gallery and Dornier Museum of Aviation.
- Enjoy walking around the grounds of the Old Palace, and take a self-guided tour of knights and weapons of medieval warfare.
- Sample some locally-grown Weisseherbst wine.
- Walk around the Old Town, past the half-timbered houses, Baroque palaces and charming cafes.
- Check out the Meersburg Tapestry Art Museum.
- Walk the northern slopes of Lake Constance, through the vineyards and rolling hills.
- Take a boat trip out to Constance, a town lying opposite to Meersburg.
Picturesque and quaint, Meersburg is perfect for a weekend break. Browse our list of the best places to stay in Meersburg to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Meersburg
- Landhotel Fischerhaus: a charming guesthouse set in an extremely pretty half-timbered house, offering a whole host of rooms, suites and apartments, a swimming pool, spa and sumtpuous restaurant. Ideal for couples on a budget!
- Villa Seeschau: a small boutique offering simply-furnished but elegant rooms set within a beautiful and lush garden. Unwind in the hot tub or sit in the garden watching the boats on the lake.
- Burgunderhof: a cool and contemporary hotel nestling on a vineyard and boasting spellbinding views of the lake and mountains, offering chic individually-designed rooms adorned with works of art. Enjoy the pool, the restaurant that serves organic locally-sourced cuisine and, if you're lucky, your room's very own jacuzzi!
- Romantik Hotel Residenz am See: a smart hotel with a sleek modern design, offering bright and stylish rooms with balconies and enchanting views and 2 award-winning restaurants. You can take a cookery course with the Academy, or unwind with a spa treatment in your room. Perfect for couples.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Memmingen, from where you can get a train to Uhldingen, which is a few km's away from Meersburg, from where you can get a taxi.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 12 and 25 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Baden-Wurttemberg
- or Germany
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Meersburg
Best Hotels in Meersburg
Landhotel Fischerhaus Meersburg (Uhldingen-Mühlhofen) 14 rooms from £95Families - The poolside annex has great self-contained apartments, perfect for families travelling with childrenActive Holiday - With a sailing and surf school on the lake, there are lots of options for a more active holidayRomantic Break - With its verdant gardens and lakeside views, this is a romantic setting for a couple's holidaySailing - Take advantage of the sailing school on the lake and take a boat out during your stay
Pretty, family-run guesthouse in a traditional village on Lake Überlinger. Choose from characterful rooms across three sites: the three-hundred year old timber house, the lakeside birch house or the poolside family apartments. With verdant hotel gardens, this is a picture-perfect romantic getaway. See More
Villa Seeschau Meersburg 18 rooms from £139Romantic Break - An adults only boutique nestled in the vineyards of Meersburg, with rooms overlooking the lake- a perfect hideaway for two!Great walks - Enjoy the beautiful walking trails along the edge of Lake Constance.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Monastic Island of Reichenau.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A quaint boutique perched on a hill looking over Lake Constance. The comfy rooms are spacious and elegantly appointed with simple furnishings. Spend the afternoon relaxing in the garden or indulge in a hot tub with stunning views over the lake. Perfect for a peaceful weekend break. See More
Burgunderhof Meersburg 12 rooms from £187Romantic Break - A peaceful property situated on a vineyard. Think romantic nights spent sampling the hotel's produce.Great walks - Take a stroll down to Lake Constance, just 10 minutes from the property.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Romantic - Good for couples.
A contemporary hotel situated on a vineyard with spectacular views of both lake and mountain. Chic rooms, all individually designed and boasting large works of contemporary art. Some have in-room hot tubs plus there's a stunning pool placed amongst the vines. The restaurant serves organic food. See More
Romantik Hotel Residenz am See Meersburg 25 rooms from £242Business meetings - Attractive delegate packages and conference facilities on-site make this a good choice for business travelSpa breaks - With room service spa treatments, and natural thermal springs in the town, this is a great spa breakRomantic Break - The plush rooms and romantic lake setting make this a great romantic getawayDiving - Tauchschule Meersburg is a diving school that offers initiation courses, lessons for beginners and advanced divers
A smart hotel with a contemporary finish on the shore of Lake Constance. The best of the bright bedrooms have balconies with lake views. Dine in the two award-winning restaurants, take a cookery course at the academy or order a spa treatment to your room. Great for a stylish short break. See More