- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Meissen
A picturesque town on the banks of the Elbe River in Saxony, Meissen is a charming place to spend a weekend. Sometimes referred to as the 'Cradle of Saxony', Meissen dates back to a 10th century Slavic settlement and later became famous for its rich porcelain industry. The best places to stay in Meissen tend be on or nearby the river.
Things not to miss:
- The town contains a mix of Gothic and Renaissance architecture. One of the town's most significant buildings is the 13th-century Gothic Meissen Cathedral.
- Also worth visiting is The Albrechtsburg, widely regarded as being the first castle to be used as a royal residence in the German-speaking world. Today it functions as a museum.
- The summer months sees a seasonal pottery market come to Meissen.
- Go and visit some of the vineyards surrounding Meissen which form part of the Saxony wine growing region.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Meissen are small scale fares that are perfect for people looking for relaxed places to hanker down.
The best places to stay in Meissen
For a boutique stay
- A stone's throw from the river, Farhaus Meissen is a delightful, small hotel. Featuring stylish rooms, a lovely garden and a central location, it's a great launchpad for a weekend in Meissen.
For an old town hotel
- Burgkeller & Residenz Kerstinghaus is an excellent hotel in the heart of Meissen's old town. Just around the corner from Albrechtsburg, the hotel offers smart rooms and an superb restaurant.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Meissen is Dresden (13 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Meissen is from June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Meissen
Fahrhaus Meissen 10 rooms from £123Meissen (Hafenstraße 16)
A delightful bed and breakfast located in the Elbe valley. Chic rooms featuring high quality beds, hand carved Gustavian furniture, and hand painted tiles and murals. This small family-run guesthouse located in a historic building also comes with a cafe, an evening lounge and an outdoor patio.Local exploring - Nearby villages and towns are easy to reach, take a day trip to Dresden or explore Radebeul, Wackerbarth Castle or Moritzburg.Hideaway - Lovely rooms in a charming town rich in tradition and history, well-known for its porcelain.Sights nearby - The Albrecht Castle and the Meissen Cathedral are both worth a visit for their beautiful architecture.Great walks - Take a trip along the Saxon Wine Route and explore small villages en route.
Burgkeller & Residenz Kerstinghaus 25 rooms from £114Meissen
An elegant hotel perched atop a hill overlooking Meissen. Contemporary rooms are well proportioned and sympathetically renovated to highlight the building's original features. The freestanding baths are simply glorious. A smart restaurant serves international and local fare. A chic choice.Local exploring - A lovely spot to explore the medieval and picturesque town of Meissen.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the impressive Abrechtsburg castle and its cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel