Search the best hotels in Rostock
A historic trading city characterised by warm russet-coloured buildings and rich cultural heritage, Rostock is perfect for a romantic Baltic break. Brimming with history — from medieval walls to striking churches — this charming city is popular with both couples and history aficionados. Accommodation options here are wide-ranging, with cosy B&Bs and picturesque properties to suit a whole host of budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Rostock includes everything from cool, contemporary properties to a luxurious waterfront idyll promising maximum bliss and a boutique hotel which doubles as an art gallery.
Once a powerful member of the medieval Hanseatic Trade League, Rostock has an illustrious past as a thriving mercantile city. Poised near the point where the River Warnow meets the Baltic Sea, it is a wonderful mix of gabled houses, churches with towering spires, medieval fortifications and gorgeous North German Brick Gothic buildings, many of which are now open to visitors. Stroll the ancient city walls, tour lovely churches or head out on the water before watching fishermen haul in the day’s catch at the seaside resort of Warnemünde, near the harbour. Pick up fish fresh from the boats as seagulls circle in the salty air overhead, or nab a spot at one of the many gourmet restaurants lining the harbour for a taste of fabulous seafood.
Annual highlights include Hanse Sail Rostock, which takes place in the second weekend of August. One of the largest maritime events in the world, it draws crowds of more than 1 million visitors and features hundreds of sailing ships — as well as a fantastic fireworks show.
The best places to stay in Rostock ensure visitors are well-placed to make the most of what this coastal gem has to offer. Stroll through wonderful historic streets, doze in a deck chair at the beach, feast on fresh seafood and catch superb sunsets from the harbour, safe in the knowledge that your expertly recommended hideaway awaits.
The best places to stay in Rostock
For great value
- Motel One is a cool, contemporary spot near the city centre. Modern rooms are light and airy, with smart bathrooms. The chic bar is a real plus! A great value choice for those eager to stay in a central location.
- Hotel Brinckmansdorf offers bright, simple rooms and an on-site bar which prides itself on its homemade dishes and drinks. Pick this place for a quiet location on the outskirts of the city — ideal if travelling by car — and excellent value.
For contemporary style
- Hotel Warnow is brilliantly located in what feels like a green oasis just minutes from the historic city centre. Many of the well-appointed, modern rooms boast superb waterfront views, and there are water-sports right on your doorstep. Choose this for an enviably tranquil location and smart style.
- Pentahotel is ideal for those looking to be right in the heart of the action. A striking historic property with slick, contemporary rooms, the hotel boasts a lively bar and gourmet restaurant. Stay here to make the most of Rostock’s nightlife!
For boutique bliss
- Hotel Ringelnatz promises a chic boutique vibe, with big cosy beds in rooms adorned with gold artwork, whitewashed walls and exposed brickwork. Doubling as an art gallery, this is a trendy, romantic hotel perfect for couples.
For pure luxury
- Yachthafenresidenz offers the ultimate 5* experience. Think sumptuous rooms, an indoor pool and a pampering spa, 6 elegant restaurants and 5 bars. A brilliant location right on the marina ensures some of the best views in the city. Absolute indulgence!
For an apartment
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self-catering apartment or private house we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Rostock is easily accessible by air, rail or road. There are regular connecting flights from the UK via Munich to Rostock-Laage Airport (30 minutes’ drive from the city). Alternatively, trains run frequently from Berlin or Hamburg to Rostock.
- If you would like to hire a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- This is a year-round destination, but Rostock is at its most charming the summer months (from May to August). The city is popular with visitors — especially during the annual Hanse Sail event in August — so book your stay well in advance!
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Rostock
Motel One, Rostock Rostock 180 rooms from £64Value chic - Excellent prices for this chic contemporary hotel just ten minutes from the harbour.Sailing - Rostock is an important sailing harbour and hosts the Hanse sailing festival every August.Surfing - It is possible to surf off the coast near Rostock, ask at the hotel for further details.Sights nearby - Visit the 19th century Warnemünde Lighthouse, only five miles away.
A contemporary hotel in the former Hanseatic trading city of Rostock. Rooms are light and spacious, adorned with minimalist furnishings and simple colour schemes. The atmospheric bar is a great place to drink after exploring the cities rich mercantile history. A great value option. See More
Hotel Brinckmansdorf Rostock 17 rooms from £77Value chic - A wonderful value for money spot with sleek and comfortable rooms, an excellent bar and direct transport links to the centre.Local markets - Only a few miles from Rostock's Christmas market, a must for any winter visitor.Sights nearby - Only a few miles away from Rostock's zoo and Museum of Cultural History.Quirky - An experience!
This 3 star value for money hotel is located in a quite setting, a few miles out of Rostock. The rooms are decorated in a contemporary manner, think cool white on white interiors with bold splashes of colour. The onsite bar serves yummy homemade dishes and a wide range of drinks and drafts. See More
Hotel Warnow Rostock 11 rooms from £87Hideaway - A wonderfully quiet spot yet in the heart of the city. The ideal base to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.Sailing - The hotel will be happy to help organise a days sailing on the Baltic Sea.Sights nearby - Just 500m from Rostock's historical centre.Views - Great views from hotel
A contemporary hotel with an enviable coastal location in the heart of the city. With minimalist design throughout, rooms benefit from soft hues, large floor to ceiling windows and private terraces. Just a short walk from the historical centre and with water activities on your doorstep. Uber chic. See More
Pentahotel Rostock 152 rooms from £88City Style - A contemporary hotel in a traditional building in the historic city centre. Ideal for the young and hip.Sights nearby - Walking distance from Neuer Markt Square and the Marienkirche Church.Traditional
A contemporary hotel in historic and central Rostock. Atmospheric rooms with dark hues and sink-in-to beds. Breakfast is served in the trendy restaurant plus there is a lively bar. Walking distance from much of Rostock's nightlife.Pets are allowed too - unusual for a city stay. A chic option. See More
Yachthafenresidenz Hohe Dune Rostock 368 rooms from £137Foodies - Foodie heaven with the Michelin starred Yachthafenresidenz’s Der Butt restaurant, and five others to choose from.Active Holiday - The perfect stopping point for a sailing trip up the coast, or a watersports holiday.Spa breaks - With an award-winning spa, it's the perfect place to escape to and unwind.Sights nearby - Climb to the top of the picturesque Warnemünde Lighthouse with its stunning views over the Baltic.
Hotel Ringelnatz Rostock 5 rooms from £204Local exploring - Well placed within walking distance of the beach and many of the cities main attractions.Sights nearby - Climb to the top of the lighthouse at Warnemünde and take in the city views.Sailing - Take a relaxing cruise from the Warnemünde harbour.
A petite chic hotel and art gallery well located in Rostock. Contemporary rooms feature dark parquet floors, white washed walls, exposed brickwork and stunning gold artwork. A coffee shop selling healthy snacks is the ideal place to take a break from city exploring. A trendy spot. See More