Search the best hotels in Rostock
Nestling on the Baltic coast, Rostock is a historic trading city with some of the most beautiful architecture in the region. Characterised by the warm russet colour of its buildings, Rostock boasts a rich and varied heritage - from its medieval walls and beautiful churches to the seaside resort of Warnemunde. An ideal destination for history lovers or couples looking for a romantic break in a picturesque European city. Our collection of the best places to stay in Rostock offer something for everyone from chic value stays to super luxury hotels.
Rostock was the most integral member of the Hanseatic Trade League in the medieval era, a mercantile league of city-states in the Baltic, and as such is defined by gorgeous North German Brick Gothic style buildings. The city is a breathtaking mix of gabled houses, churches with 100m spires, enormous dams and old medieval walls.
At the seaside resort of Warnemunde, lying close to the harbour, the fishermen haul in their fresh catches as seagulls squawk in the salty Baltic air. You can even buy freshly-caught fish straight off the boat, or book a table at one of the many gourmet restaurants lining the harbour and enjoy it there. Sea-minded types will enjoy the Hanse Sail event on the second week of every August, one of the biggest yachting events in the world, attracting well over 1 million visitors.
What not to miss
- Check out some of the many beautiful Gothic churches scattered throughout the city.
- Head to the seaside resort of Warnemunde and buy some fresh fish straight off the boats.
- Attend Hanse Sail, one of the largest yachting events in the world, on the second week of August.
- Explore the old medieval city walls.
- Watch the sunset at the harbour and drink in the fresh salty Baltic air.
Rostock is as picturesque as it is fascinating. Brimming with charm, good food and rich in heritage, it is the ideal place for a romantic weekend away. Check out our collection of the best places to stay in Rostock to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Rostock
Value for money
- Motel One: a cool and contemporary hotel in the heart of the city, offering light and airy rooms adorned in a minimalist style. Relax in the chic bar after a tiring day of sightseeing! Amazing value.
- Hotel Brinckmansdorf: in a quiet location on the outskirts of the city, this pretty property offers bright and colourful rooms and an on-site bar with a great selection of homemade dishes and drinks.
- Hotel Warnow: a chic and modern hotel in a green setting in the heart of the city, offering minimalist rooms with soft hues, floor-to-ceiling windows and private terraces. Just a short walk from the centre and the garden is an oasis of tranquillity.
- Pentahotel: a picturesque historic hotel in the heart of the historic centre, offering elegant and atmospheric rooms, a lively bar, gourmet restaurant and a lovely sit-out terrace. Divine.
- Hotel Ringelnatz: a chic boutique hotel doubling up as an art gallery, ideal for couples on a romantic break. The plush rooms adorned with gold artwork, whitewashed walls, exposed brickwork and dark parquet flooring. The coffee shop sells delicious healthy snacks, ideal for unwinding after a long day of sightseeing.
- Yachthafenresidenz: a gorgeous 5* on the waterfront, offering plush rooms, a pampering spa, 6 restaurants, 5 bars and some of the best views in the city. Unbelievable luxury.
For an apartment or cottage
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of cottages and apartments in the nearby area.
- Either fly to Munich and get a connection to Rostock-Laage Airport or fly to Hamburg or Berlin and get a train to Rostock.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 12 and 21 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Rostock
Motel One, Rostock Rostock 180 rooms from £64Value chic - Excellent prices for this chic contemporary hotel just ten minutes from the harbour.Sailing - Rostock is an important sailing harbour and hosts the Hanse sailing festival every August.Surfing - It is possible to surf off the coast near Rostock, ask at the hotel for further details.Sights nearby - Visit the 19th century Warnemünde Lighthouse, only five miles away.
A contemporary hotel in the former Hanseatic trading city of Rostock. Rooms are light and spacious, adorned with minimalist furnishings and simple colour schemes. The atmospheric bar is a great place to drink after exploring the cities rich mercantile history. A great value option. See More
Hotel Brinckmansdorf Rostock 17 rooms from £77Value chic - A wonderful value for money spot with sleek and comfortable rooms, an excellent bar and direct transport links to the centre.Local markets - Only a few miles from Rostock's Christmas market, a must for any winter visitor.Sights nearby - Only a few miles away from Rostock's zoo and Museum of Cultural History.Quirky - An experience!
This 3 star value for money hotel is located in a quite setting, a few miles out of Rostock. The rooms are decorated in a contemporary manner, think cool white on white interiors with bold splashes of colour. The onsite bar serves yummy homemade dishes and a wide range of drinks and drafts. See More
Hotel Warnow Rostock 11 rooms from £87Hideaway - A wonderfully quiet spot yet in the heart of the city. The ideal base to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.Sailing - The hotel will be happy to help organise a days sailing on the Baltic Sea.Sights nearby - Just 500m from Rostock's historical centre.Views - Great views from hotel
A contemporary hotel with an enviable coastal location in the heart of the city. With minimalist design throughout, rooms benefit from soft hues, large floor to ceiling windows and private terraces. Just a short walk from the historical centre and with water activities on your doorstep. Uber chic. See More
Pentahotel Rostock 152 rooms from £88City Style - A contemporary hotel in a traditional building in the historic city centre. Ideal for the young and hip.Sights nearby - Walking distance from Neuer Markt Square and the Marienkirche Church.Traditional
A contemporary hotel in historic and central Rostock. Atmospheric rooms with dark hues and sink-in-to beds. Breakfast is served in the trendy restaurant plus there is a lively bar. Walking distance from much of Rostock's nightlife.Pets are allowed too - unusual for a city stay. A chic option. See More
Yachthafenresidenz Hohe Dune Rostock 368 rooms from £137Foodies - Foodie heaven with the Michelin starred Yachthafenresidenz’s Der Butt restaurant, and five others to choose from.Active Holiday - The perfect stopping point for a sailing trip up the coast, or a watersports holiday.Spa breaks - With an award-winning spa, it's the perfect place to escape to and unwind.Sights nearby - Climb to the top of the picturesque Warnemünde Lighthouse with its stunning views over the Baltic.
Hotel Ringelnatz Rostock 5 rooms from £204Local exploring - Well placed within walking distance of the beach and many of the cities main attractions.Sights nearby - Climb to the top of the lighthouse at Warnemünde and take in the city views.Sailing - Take a relaxing cruise from the Warnemünde harbour.
A petite chic hotel and art gallery well located in Rostock. Contemporary rooms feature dark parquet floors, white washed walls, exposed brickwork and stunning gold artwork. A coffee shop selling healthy snacks is the ideal place to take a break from city exploring. A trendy spot. See More