- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Stuttgart
Famous for its fast cars - Porsche and Mercedes-Benz both have their headquarters here, and rich cultural life, Stuttgart is the sixth largest city in Germany but the atmosphere is more like a small town. Stuttgart is surrounded by gentle green hills, some of them lined with grape vines, so the best places to stay in Stuttgart are a combination of city chic and grand country house.
Things not to miss:
- Both the big car manufacturers have museums - and they're pretty interesting, even for non car lovers, but that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Stuttgart's cultural scene.
- Firstly there's the beauties of the old town, beautifully Baroque, Neues Schloss (New Palace), and of course nearby Altes Schloss (Old Palace) and the Stiftskirche with its wonderful musical spire - it plays a 10 minute tune.
- Then there's the Staatsgalerie (State Art Gallery) and its impressive collection of both Old Masters and new works, and the great glass cube of the Kunstmuseum (City Art Museum).
- In the hills around the city you'll find the two walking trails of the Stuttgarter Weinwanderweg, which wind through lush vineyards, offering pastoral perfect views.
There's far more to Stuttgart than just its famous automobile scene and if you look a little deeper, the city has a lot to offer for interested visitors. Interestingly considering Stuttgart's relationship with the automobile, much of the centre of town is pedestrianised, so it's a really easy city to get around on foot. The best places to stay in Stuttgart tend either be in the heart of the city or in the green space on the outskirts.
The best places to stay in Stuttgart
- Am Schlossgarten is a wonderfully sleek hotel with a Michelin starred restaurant and a lovely sun terrace. A great choice for classic luxury and comfort.
- Der Zauberlehrling is another top choice for foodies. As well as an amazing restaurant you'll find individually designed rooms which offer a stylish stay in the centre of town.
For car lovers
- If you're looking for something truly unique, V8 Hotel certainly fits the bill. Imaginatively designed and accentricly furnished, each room pays homage to the city's famous car culture. Made for petrol heads.
For modern chic
- Just a short walk from the centre of Stuttgart, Aloft Hotel is a classy, contemporary spot. Offering swish rooms, a lively bar and easy access to some of the city's best night spots, it's a great base for an adventurous weekend in Stuttgart.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Stuttgart Airport.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Stuttgart is from May to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Stuttgart
Aloft Hotel 165 rooms from £146Stuttgart
A hip hotel in the heart of Stuttgart. Generously proportioned rooms with simple clean design and luxurious bathrooms. A trendy bar and games room for evening entertainment. Walking distance from restaurants, bars and shops. Ideal for slick city stay.City Style - A contemporary hotel complete with a trendy bar in a great central location.
Am Schlossgarten 86 rooms from £153Stuttgart
A wonderfully sleek hotel with a Michelin star restaurant. Rooms and suites in contemporary classic style have all the mod cons and romantic flair. Fabulous food and lovely sun terraces with views. A special spot for the luxury traveller.Foodies - Michelin restaurant.City StyleSights nearby - State Gallery, the Museum of Art and the State Theatre.Romantic - Good for couples.
V8 Hotel 34 rooms from £155Stuttgart
Every room is like an automotive exhibition in this eccentric car themed hotel. The unique and quirky rooms feature imaginative design features, with car part beds and racing murals. In the heart of Germany's Motorworld Region Stuttgart, it's the perfect place for petrol heads.City Style - A totally individual four star hotel with funky rooms featuing real cars and imagined roadside scenes- a car lovers paradise.Sights nearby - Motorworld Region Stuttgart is just a two minute walk away.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of character
Der Zauberlehrling 9 rooms from £158Stuttgart
Fantastic designer chic hotel with a Michelin recommended restaurant. Light and airy rooms and suites, each individually decorated, with big bath tubs, stone floors, and attractive furnishings. Cookery school and private dining rooms. Romantic, gourmet, very cool.Foodies - Michelin recommended restaurant.LuxuryCity StyleCooking classes - Check for timings.