Search the best hotels in Stuttgart
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Stuttgart is cars. Both Porsche and Mercedes-Benz have their headquarters here. Contrastingly to this reputation, and despite being the sixth largest city in Germany, the atmosphere is somewhat more genteel and it really has the feel of a small town. Surrounding the city are rolling green hills, some of them lined with grape vines, and it is here that you will find a handful of superb rural hotels. The best places to stay in Stuttgart, however, are quite the opposite, mostly contemporary in design, and a few have real standout restaurants.
Both the big car manufacturers have museums - and they're pretty interesting, even for non car lovers -but that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Stuttgart's cultural scene. Firstly there's the beauties of the old town, beautifully Baroque, Neues Schloss (New Palace), and of course nearby Altes Schloss (Old Palace) and the Stiftskirche with its wonderful musical spire - it plays a 10 minute tune. Then there's the Staatsgalerie (State Art Gallery) and its impressive collection of both Old Masters and new works, and the great glass cube of the Kunstmuseum (City Art Museum).
There's far more to Stuttgart than just its famous automobile scene and if you look a little deeper, the city has a lot to offer for interested visitors. Interestingly considering Stuttgart's relationship with the automobile, much of the centre of town is pedestrianised, so it's a really easy city to get around on foot.
If you plan to visit in the summer months when it tends to get busy, to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Stuttgart, we recommend booking well in advance.
The best places to stay in Stuttgart
- Am Schlossgarten is a wonderfully sleek hotel with a Michelin starred restaurant and a lovely sun terrace. A great choice for classic luxury and comfort.
- Der Zauberlehrling is another top choice for foodies. As well as an amazing restaurant you'll find individually designed rooms which offer a stylish stay in the centre of town.
For car lovers
- If you're looking for something truly unique, V8 Hotel certainly fits the bill. Imaginatively designed and accentricly furnished, each room pays homage to the city's famous car culture. Made for petrol heads. But note this property is situated a little way out of town.
For modern chic
- Just a short walk from the centre of Stuttgart, Aloft Hotel is a classy, contemporary spot. Offering swish rooms, a lively bar and easy access to some of the city's best night spots, it's a great base for an adventurous weekend in Stuttgart.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Stuttgart Airport.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Stuttgart is from May to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Stuttgart,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Baden-Wurtemmberg.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Stuttgart
Best Hotels in Stuttgart
Aloft Hotel Stuttgart 165 rooms from £144City Style - A contemporary hotel complete with a trendy bar in a great central location.
Am Schlossgarten Stuttgart 86 rooms from £151Foodies - Michelin restaurant.City StyleSights nearby - State Gallery, the Museum of Art and the State Theatre.Romantic - Good for couples.
Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten Stuttgart 106 rooms from £153Business meetings - With close proximity to Stuttgart train station and advanced conference facilities, this is an ideal venue for business eventsFoodies - Boasting two excellent restaurants, offering Michelin-star, creative cuisine with regional influencesSights nearby - The city's cultural venues like the theatre, the famous ballet, opera house and the city gallery are all in walking distanceGreat walks - Located in Stuttgart's Castle Gardens, guests are both downtown and surrounded by greenery at the same time
V8 Hotel Stuttgart 34 rooms from £154City Style - A totally individual four star hotel with funky rooms featuing real cars and imagined roadside scenes- a car lovers paradise.Sights nearby - Motorworld Region Stuttgart is just a two minute walk away.Full of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Every room is like an automotive exhibition in this eccentric car themed hotel. The unique and quirky rooms feature imaginative design features, with car part beds and racing murals. In the heart of Germany's Motorworld Region Stuttgart, it's the perfect place for petrol heads. See More
Der Zauberlehrling Stuttgart 9 rooms from £156Foodies - Michelin recommended restaurant.City StyleLuxuryLocal markets - Good for local colour.