Search the best hotels in Bhuj
The vibrant city of Bhuj in north western India's Gujarat state offers a vivid insight into the beauty and culture of the region. With its charming old-world architecture, colorful festivals, and beautiful temples, Bhuj is a popular tourist destination for both locals and travellers from further afield. Home to a number of fascinating attractions such as the Lakhpat Fort and the Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, the city also features a wide range of accommodation options, from simple self-catering spots to luxury hotels. If you're looking for the best places to stay in Bhuj, our selection promises access to all the area's top tourist attractions.
Begin your explorations of Bhuj with a visit to century-old Chhatardi Bhuj, home to several ornate Italian Gothic and Romanesque-style palace halls, decadent taxidermy, stunning Corinthian pillars, and a 45-foot tower with a clock. Ascend the insulated bell tower for unparalleled views of the city, before heading to Aaina Mahal Palace — a two-story mansion constructed with stones and intricately decorated with Venetian glass chandeliers, wooden fretwork, and carvings. Inside, be sure to check out the 15m scroll painting and the pleasure pool.
Head to Hill Garden for an adventure — this amusement park is home to 85-foot skeleton of a dead blue whale, as well as a viewing gallery around the dome shaped structure. Then, explore Vande Mataram Memorial — the non-profit institution spread over 12 acres of land celebrates India’s freedom movement, with a Parliament Building, an India Gate, and a Yellow Fort, along with the Hiralaxmi Craft Park, which provides artisans with a platform to showcase their crafts.
For an unforgettable experience, head to Pragmahal, built by the Ahir dynasty and home to a 45-foot tall bell tower, a Durbar Hall with broken chandeliers, and a small temple in the courtyard adorned with finely carved stonework. Below, we have listed some of the best places to stay in Bhuj.
The Best Places to Stay In Bhuj
Kutch Safari Lodge offers cottages overlooking the Rudramata Reservoir. It's the perfect base from which to explore the tribal villages and handicrafts around Bhuj, with simple round white-washed cottages and a swimming pool.
Bhuj House is full of charm and character. This 150 year-old traditional Parsi ‘courtyard’ house lies in the heart of the bustling city. Following a painstaking renovation it has reopened as one of Gujarat's top heritage properties. Guests are invited to experience life like a local.
For An Apartment
- If you've decided that a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the variety of options available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The best time to visit Bhuj is during the winter months, from November to February, as the weather is cool enough to enjoy sightseeing. That said, it's hardly chilly (aside from perhaps in the evenings), with the average daily temperature between 20-25°C.
- From March until May the city is blisteringly hot, with the temperature soaring up to 40°C. Monsoon season, from June to October, brings with it plenty of rainfall and humidity - though this is off season and so expect there to be less tourists around.
- Bhuj has a small airport to the north of the city. However, international visitors can fly into Ahmedabad Airport, a seven hour drive or train ride to the east. This is served by a number of domestic destinations, so if you're coming from the UK you need to fly to Mumbai or Delhi then catch a connection on to Bhuj or Ahmedabad.
- British Airways, Air India and Jet Airways fly directly from London Heathrow to Mumbai, a journey which takes around 9 hours.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Gujarat.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bhuj
Best Hotels in Bhuj
The Kutch Safari Lodge Dist. Bhuj 17 rooms from £32Local exploring - A tranquil base to explore the surrounding desert and villages from.Sights nearby - Visit the 5,000 year old ancient city of Dholavira.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool.Traditional
The Bhuj House Bhuj (CAMP AREA) 4 rooms from £54Value chic - A 19th century family home available at an incredible value for moneyLocal exploring - Live like a local in Gujurat - a charming heritage stayLocal markets - Shroff Bazaar - a must for the textiles which Gujurat is famous forSights nearby - Darbargadh Palace complex and Hamirsar Lake are a must visit
Full of charm and character, this 150 year-old traditional Parsi ‘courtyard’ house lies in the heart of bustling Bhuj. Following a painstaking renovation it has reopened as one of Gujarat's top heritage properties. In the heart of town guests are invited to experience life like a local. See More