- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Gulmarg
Meaning ‘Meadow of Flowers’ it is only more recently that Gulmarg has become known as a skiing destination. In fact India is not generally known for its slopes, but Gulmarg provides an off-piste experience for even the most ardent skier. Boasting one of the world’s highest gondolas as well as some unique heli-skiing experiences there is plenty to do here for an adventure junkie. Our pick of the best places to stay in Gulmarg are all ideally situated for hitting the slopes.
Not just a ski resort, Gulmarg is resplendent in the spring and summer months, covered in a blanket of flowers. Gushing rivers of the winter snow melt hurtle their way down steep ravines. Home to some excellent trails Gulmarg is in equal-part a challenging and picturesque climbing mecca.
Golfing fans might enjoy hitting the green (or the white in winter months) on one of the world’s highest courses at Gulmarg Golf Club.
Whilst visiting Gulmarg it would be a shame to miss nearby Srinagar for a true taste of Kashmiri culture (and its food) and a boat trip along the mirror like Dal Lake.What not to miss
- Find India's best skiing with slopes for beginners and world-class off piste for the adventurous
- Enjoy the epic scenery and remoteness of the valleys on long hikes
- Play a round on the highest golf course in the world
- Take a day trip to the stunning Alpather lake
Our pick of the best places to stay in Gulmarg all provide a luxurious stay within this picturesque region.
For ultimate luxury
- A modern offering showing that Gulmarg is making its mark on the luxury tourism scene, Khyber Himalayan Resort and Spa provides everything a lavish ski break might require. Rooms are large and luxurious plus there is a spa for indulging after a long day on the slopes. There is an indoor and an outdoor heated pool as well as fine dining.
For a family stay
- In the capable hands of the Nedou family since 1966, Hotel Highlands Park has been providing a quirky accommodation for years. With its manicured gardens and retro décor it is ideally located for hitting Gulmarg’s slopes. An unforgettable stay.
- Fly to Srinagar which is well connected to Delhi, from Srinagar it's an hour's drive to Gulmarg.
- Best time to visit - Gulmarg has two tourists seasons. The ski season runs from December to March and the summer months of April to June have perfect moderate temperatures to suit hikers.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Gulmarg
Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa 85 rooms from £154Gulmarg (Jammu and Kashmir)
High up in the Pir Panjal mountain range lies this luxurious retreat. Surpassing expectations it has four restaurants ranging from Kashmiri to Continental, afternoon tea and a cigar lounge. There is a sumptuous indoor pool and spa. Rooms include ornately upholstered furnishings and mountain views.Trekking - In the summer months Gulmarg is a popular destination for trekkers.Skiing - Gulmarg is India's prime skiing destination.Sights nearby - When frozen over Alpather Lake makes for a picturesque ice skating spot.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Hotel Highlands Park 26 rooms from £140Gulmarg (Jammu and Kashmir)
In the loving hands of the family since 1966 this unique property has quaint gardens and stylish interiors in easy reach of Gulmarg's slopes. Rooms are beautifully decorated with graphic prints and antique retro furnishings. Cuisine is continental and Kashmiri - ideal for a day on the slopes.Trekking - If skiing's not your thing then Gulmarg is also a popular trekking destination.Value chic - Much cheaper and more chic than your average ski break.Skiing - Just a short walk from the nearest gondola.Great walks - Perambulate Gulmarg and complete the 'Outer Circle Walk'.