Search the best hotels in Lucknow
Former home of the Nawabs and Utter Pradesh’s capital, Lucknow seems to play third fiddle to the state’s other famous cities (Agra and Varanasi). Even today it remains the culinary and cultural hotspot that it has always been. Our pick of the best places to stay in Lucknow are all ideally located for exploring this historic city’s sights.
Lucknow has witnessed history in the making and breaking - the rise and fall of the Raj. Even though it attracts fewer tourists than its famous counterparts, it is popular amongst history buffs.
Visible from almost every point in the city the Bara Imambara overlooks all of Lucknow. This labyrinth of corridors dedicated to a holy Shiite is a spectacular visit.
A former bastion of the Raj, Lucknow has some impressive colonial architecture. The Residency, a collection of gardens and crumbling colonial architecture, is definitely worth a look.
Famous for its cuisine (very much a meat based affair) Moti Mahal is a culinary institution. Or why not let Oudhyana’s head chef Nagendra Singh whip you up some authentic Awadh cuisine.
Just a few hours drive from town (you might want to spend the night) is Dudhwa National Park. Home to Indian rhinos, barking deer, sloth bears and the odd tiger, it is a great place to experience the region’s wildlife. Especially with the family!
What not to miss
- Explore the impressive Bara Imambara and the the incredible maze of Bhulbhulaiya.
- Take a stroll around the British Residency which offer a fascinating historical glimpse into the first stages of the fall of the British Raj.
- Sample Lucknow's famed Awadhi and Mughlai cuisine.
- Visit Jama Majid built entirely with yellow sandstone and showcasing intricate Hindu and Islamic architectural styles.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Lucknow all provide a comfortable stay in the heart of town.
Providing an elegant stay for its discerning guests Vivanta by Taj - Gomti Nagar lies amidst beautifully landscaped gardens. Rooms are modern with far reaching views plus there is a pool, spa and fine dining. An excellent stay.
For an apartment or villa
- If you prefer a self catering property for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where there is a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- There are daily flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Indore, Varanasi and Patna to Amausi Airport, Lucknow and good connections by train to many major cities.
- Best time to visit - Lucknow's climate is moderate between the months of October to March which is ideal for sight seeing. The summers get soaringly hot and the monsoon arrives from July to September.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Lucknow to start to plan your trip.
- Widen the net and search all our recommendations in Uttar Pradesh.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lucknow
Best Hotels in Lucknow
Vivanta by Taj Gomti Nagar Lucknow 110 rooms from £90Restaurant - Sample international cuisine at Latitude restaurant and North Indian and Awadhi dishes at Oudhyana.Great walks - Heritage walks through the old streets of LucknowSpa - Available any time of day or eveningLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Elegant hotel with stunning landscaped gardens and outdoor pool. Each of the modern and peaceful rooms offers a spectacular view, a bathroom with bathtub, and European flourishes. Spa, gym, salon. Feast in one of two excellent restaurants serving contemporary and traditional Indian cuisine. See More
Lebua Lucknow Lucknow 41 rooms from £113City Style - Centrally located in Lucknow but surrounded by pleasant green spaceLocal exploring - All of Lucknow's interesting cultural sites are easily accessibleSights nearby - Visit the historic monuments of Bara & Chota Imambara, Rumi Darwaza, Ambedkar Park, The British Residency and Chhatar ManzilLocal markets - Singapore Mall, Wave Mall, Fun Republic Mall and Riverside Mall are all nearby
Historic boutique hotel located in central Lucknow with large, thoughtfully-decorated rooms, a beautiful swimming pool and indoor and outdoor restaurant. This carefully restored Art Deco bungalow manages to be the best of both worlds; a city property which is spacious, private and relaxing. See More