Search the best hotels in Mysore
Home to impressive palaces, the Lyengar School of Yoga and some tasty coffee blends, Mysore has something of interest for most travellers. Our pick of the best places to stay in Mysore combine regal stays with affordable pricing.
A popular southerly tourist destination, famed for the ostentatious Mysore Palace, more recently the city has become known as a yoga haven. And its rolling countryside is just as alluring for its nature trails and natural produce.
What not to miss
- Dine like a Maharajah at the resplendent Sapphire restaurant, located at the Lalitha Mahal Palace hotel. Their specialty is the Mysore silver thali.
- Take a taxi to Karanji Lake where you can explore by boat and wander through the butterfly park and bird sanctuary.
- One of India’s finest royal houses Mysore Palace has to be seen to be believed. The former house of the Wodeyar maharajas it is a kaleidoscope of colour, stained glass and astral chandeliers.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Mysore are all swathed in history in old world charm and are ideal bases for exploring this fascinating destination.
Rooms fit for a king
- Behind the impressive, white colonial façade the Royal Orchid Metropole hotel is a classic luxury hotel with modern touches. The former home of the maharajah it now has a pool made for lingering and fine dining.
- Incredibly priced rooms for such a famed heritage property, Lalitha Mahal Palace even boasts a ballroom and the best restaurant in town: Sapphire.
- Green Hotel is a charming colonial style option located in the Chittaranjan Palace. Here you'll find simple accommodation adorned with antiques, all overlooking an award winning garden. A haven of peace from the frenetic city and incredible value - prices start at as little as £32 per night.
- For great value in a more central spot, book the Fortune JP Palace. With rooms from just £35 you can't go wrong!
For an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest international airport is Bangalore airport near Devanahalli. For domestic flights Mysore Airport is located just 12km from the city. Mysore also has excellent connections by train to many of India's major cities.
- Best time to visit - during October to February the climate it moderate, ideal for sightseeing. The summer months are very hot and June to September are when the monsoon is in play.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- From regal to colonial browse through our list of the best places to stay in Mysore to start to plan your trip.
- Widen the net and look at all our recommendations in Karnataka.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Mysore
Best Hotels in Mysore
Fortune JP Palace Mysore (Karnataka) 108 rooms from £33Great walks - Up to Chamundi Hill for views across the city. Visit Sri Chamundeswari Temple whilst here.Local markets - Government Silk Weaving Factory has rolls and rolls of Mysore's famous silk.Sights nearby - Mysore Palace is one of the grandest in India.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
All the trimmings of a well rehearsed hotel chain at enticing prices. With its white colonial facade inside rooms are classic yet modern and of a good size. Oriental Pavilion provides formal dishes and Eastern cuisine whilst Orchid Restaurant is 24 hour dining. There is a pool and well equipped gym. See More
The Green Hotel Mysore (Jayalakshmipuram) 31 rooms from £38Sights nearby - Built in 1912, Mysore Palace is an imposing structure.Local markets - Devaraja Market is a colourful and vibrant visit.BoutiqueFour poster beds - For romantics.
The best boutique stay in Mysore. Individually decorated rooms feature antique four posters with Indian textiles and stained glass windows and ornate doors, plus white ensuite bathrooms. Relax in the airy courtyard or verdant gardens. Dine on Asian dishes in the hotel's restaurant. See More
Lalitha Mahal Palace Mysore (Karnataka) 54 rooms from £39Sights nearby - Mysore Palace is one of India's most resplendent.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterSpa
A heritage hotel for incredible value. Large rooms are decorated in an Indian meets colonial style. Large, ornately tapestried four posters fill even larger rooms that feature dark wood antique furnishings. There's a pool, spa and plenty of on site activities including billiards and tennis. See More
Royal Orchid Metropole Mysore (Karnataka) 30 rooms from £49Sights nearby - The ancient town of Srirangapattana and its temples are an excellent day trip.Great walks - Up Chamundi Hill for a fantastic view point across Mysore city.Birdwatching - Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary just a short drive from Mysore.Four poster beds - For romantics.
This former Maharaja’s palace provides guests with a truly regal stay. There are several dining options including the al-fresco Shikari restaurant, a well stocked bar, plus a tranquil pool & tropical gardens. Some of the rooms look out onto this - all are traditional in style but with all mod cons. See More