Search the best hotels in Lombok
Bali's famously striking neighbour, Lombok has all the unspoilt natural beauty that Indonesia is known for — yet with fewer crowds. Initially popular with surfers who rode the waves of the spectacular south coast, the island has since attracted beachgoers and active types eager to hike through its verdant interior. The hotel scene is also well-established now, with everything from gorgeous private villas to superb seaside resorts. Whether you’re travelling as a couple or with friends and family, you’ll find some seriously special spots on our Gurus’ list of the best places to stay in Lombok.
Lombok’s dazzling beaches are a draw in themselves. Many of our top seaside recomendations are clustered on the southern coast, with Kuta as a buzzy base for world-class surfing. The western side of the island is also marvellous, with a coastline fringed by sandy beaches — including Senggigi — and views of the idyllic Gili Islands. Keen snorkellers and divers can discover magical underwater worlds beneath the waves, home to colourful fish, sharks, rays and friendly turtles. For a more remote escape, look to the north, the east or to Lombok's wonderfully wild interior.
Head inland to clamber up Mount Rinjani, Indonesia’s second-largest volcanic peak, or to spot wildlife around Segara Anak, a crater lake framed by lush jungle. Rushing waterfalls, scenic viewpoints and mountain biking or horse riding opportunities await. Return to the best places to stay in Lombok to savour rejuvenating spa treatments and sensational Sasak cuisine in style.
The Best Places to Stay in Lombok
For Beachfront Romance
- Jeeva Santai Villas comprises 14 seaside suites and villas on Senggigi Beach. Expect draped four-poster beds in airy rooms with hand-carved furnishings, plunge pools and verdant views. A restful, romantic boutique hotel for couples in a superb location. Also fabulous for small weddings.
- Tugu Hotel Lombok also boasts private villas in a tropical setting. Like its Balinese sister hotel, The Tugu, this quirky spot boasts ornate oriental interiors, complete with rich embroideries, antique furnishings and an eclectic art collection. Romantic sunset dinners and a soothing spa add to the magic.
- Qunci Villas offers chic suites and one- or two-bedroom villas with mesmerising ocean views on Mangsit Beach. Set in leafy gardens, the resort has a superb infinity pool, hip bar and restaurant. Featuring lots of wood, pale stone and glass, this is a seriously cool beach break resort for design-minded couples.
- Jeeva Klui Resort is an indulgent hideaway with 35 generously proportioned suites and villas. Four-poster beds sit under pitched ceilings with big beams, and terraces reveal open-air bathtubs for long soaks under starlit skies. Feast at the The Waroeng Restaurant after rejuvenating afternoons at the spa.
For Families or Groups
- Sempiak Villas offers a collection of villas & holiday houses — each individually designed to be modern or more classic — on Sempiak Hill. Multi-room villas have well-equipped kitchens, and some have their own pools, whilst others share access to the resort's main pool. Gather for yoga in the pavilion or take the little ones out on surf and boogie boards at the resort's Camplung Beach Club.
- Katamaran Hotel & Resort is an opulent beach resort with a glass-sided oceanfront pool, two restaurants and a plethora of activities for guests of all ages on land and sea. The two-bedroom villas are perfect for fun-filled villa trips; each has a private pool.
- Ko-Ko-Mo Resort Gili Gede has 27 airy, light-filled rooms and villas with pitched roofs, natural wood and ocean views. Set on Gili Gede, five minutes' boat ride from Lombok, this is a terrific choice for active types of all ages looking to fish, kayak, kite surf, snorkel, dive & play tennis. Great fun.
- Merumatta Senggigi's lagoon pool winds its way between classic rooms, suites and villas, the largest of which have multiple bedrooms, sitting rooms, dining rooms and pool-facing terraces. Families will adore the swimming pool, playing tennis or badminton, and snorkelling at Senggigi Beach. Also great value.
For a Verdant Hideaway
- Seven Havens Residence promises jaw-dropping views from its hilltop setting overlooking Selong Belanak. Indonesian architect Budi Pradono has used reclaimed containers, recycled wood and bamboo to create unusual suites and villas, all with mesmerising views, the best with plunge pools. Minimalist interiors will appeal to design-minded couples.
- Jati Villas offers just five century-old teak houses with private pools tucked within verdant gardens in the heart of Kuta. Interiors are simple and contemporary, and the two-bedroom villa is ideal for friends or a family. A laid-back, eco-minded stay with elements of traditional Indonesian charm.
- Selong Selo's beautiful modernist villas & glamping tents feature contemporary decor, earthy tones and polished wood. On a leafy hillside in southern Lombok, this is a very special holiday escape for couples or groups — the largest villas have seven bedrooms. For eco-minded luxury.
For All-out Luxury
- The Oberoi, set on its own private beach, has an award-winning spa, an 18-hole golf course and beautiful thatched villas tucked within 24 acres of landscaped gardens. An exceptional resort for romantic couples with classic design features and luxurious touches. Also well-placed for excursions to the Gili Islands.
- The Lombok Lodge overlooks unspoilt Medana Beach. Its nine sleek lodges have white-on-white interiors, ocean views and big bathtubs. Gourmet cuisine, a superb swimming pool and a wealth of activities await at this intimate luxury hotel. For minimalist design fans, romantics and families.
For Keen Surfers
- Origin Lombok offers 33 rooms and suites, each clad in soothing white and blue tones with lots of natural wood and handwoven textiles. Private terraces overlook the pool and gardens. Fun for couples, friends or families — some rooms have space for additional beds — this is also a surf and yoga-focused favourite. The team can arrange surf lessons at points all over the area.
- Segara Lombok has ten relaxed beach bungalows with terraces and thatched roofs, close to a popular surf point on striking Serangan Beach. A simple base for surfers and beachgoers of all ages in south Lombok.
FOR GREAT VALUE
- Sikara Lombok Hotel offers modern, minimalist rooms with private terraces and sink-into tubs set around a large swimming pool in Kuta. An affordable base for couples, groups of friends or families, this is also an appealingly sociable spot. Cycle to Kuta Beach or speak to the team about tours and surf lessons.
- Sudamala Suites & Villas offers a collection of thatched spaces with classic interiors and a sense of elegant, timeless style surrounding an ocean-facing swimming pool in Senggigi. Honeymooners can retreat to a Suranadi Pool Villa, complete with flower-filled bathtub and private plunge pool. A reasonably priced and intimate beach resort.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Lombok Airport. If you’re coming from Europe or the US, you may need to travel via Jakarta Airport. Speak to your hotel about arranging an airport transfer, or hop into an airport taxi.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Close to the equator, tropical Lombok is hot and humid year-round. July - August and the Christmas holidays are the most popular time to visit, but you'll find good weather and good deals April - June and in September, outside the rainy season but without the crowds.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Bali.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Indonesia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lombok
Best Hotels in Lombok
Sikara Lombok Hotel Kuta (Lombok) 32 rooms from £34Families - Add an extra bed to one of the Supreme Rooms for a family trip — the pool is nearby & there are bikes for hireValue chic - A great value choice, with contemporary interiors and a refreshing swimming poolSurfing - Early morning and evening surf lessons with the hotel's expert instructor are a great way to get into the groove of LombokDiving - Day trips to the nearby Gili Islands, rich with colourful marine life, come highly recommended
Whitewashed buildings with crisp, clean lines shimmer in the sunshine at this affordable little hotel in Kuta. Expect simple, modern rooms, many with private terraces & sink-into tubs. Life centres around the refreshing pool & sociable tapas eatery, where friendly guests are invited to mingle. See More
Merumatta Senggigi Senggigi (Lombok) 16 rooms from £47Families - Flexible spaces in private villas and the refreshing lagoon pool make this a safe & fun family choiceActive Holiday - The tennis court, badminton equipment, pool & watersports make this a great base for active typesOther Activities - Gather for badminton on the club's private stretch of beach in the eveningsLess £ - If you travel offseason, the resort offers incredible value for money
A range of rooms, bungalows and villas all with private terraces and set in verdant gardens invite guests to kick back close to Senggigi Beach. Classic interiors include four-poster beds under pitched roofs plus there are amenities galore including pool, bar & restaurant. A family favourite. See More
Seven Havens Residence Nusa Tenggara Barat, Lombok 6 rooms from £76Romantic Break - Spacious suites invite couples to unwind in absolute bliss, with panoramic ocean and mountain views from guest rooms & terracesArchitectural - Designed by Indonesian architect Budi Pradono using recycled wood, bamboo and old containers to create unusual structuresSnorkelling - Lombok's coastline promises superb snorkelling, with sightings of brightly coloured fish flitting amidst the coralGreat walks - Stroll to the nearby Selong Belanak Beach for long walks, or venture inland to wind your way amongst the paddies
Rising from a verdant hillside, there's no mistaking the reclaimed containers which characterise the roof of this modernist masterpiece. Five minimalist suites & one three-bed villa promise panoramic coastal & mountain views from floor-to-ceiling windows. The infinity pool is jaw-dropping! See More
Sempiak Villas Selong Belanak, Lombok 14 rooms from £85Total relaxation - Tucked on Sempiak Hill, these restful havens invite guests to unwind with spa treatments & yoga or private pool dips with a viewFamilies - Multi-room villas and holiday homes are perfect for fun-filled family trips, with access to the lively beach club & activitiesGreat walks - Stroll down to Selong Belanak Beach, or drive across to Tanjung Aan Bay for long walks on the sandSurfing - Borrow surf or boogie boards from the resort's Camplung Beach Club, right on the sand
Each individually designed, this collection of villas & holiday houses has everything from crisp, white-on-white interiors to charming octagonal spaces with beamed ceilings & dramatic ocean views. Gather with friends and family on Sempiak Hill to unwind in leafy gardens, just minutes from the beach. See More
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi (Lombok) 35 rooms from £87Diving - The on-site dive shop is the prefect place to plot your dives or take a course, venturing out to colourful reefs & shipwrecksRomantic Break - Book a Suranadi Pool Villa for a romantic seaside honeymoon, complete with a flower-filled bathtub and a private poolBeach Life - A charming beachfront hotel in Senggigi, with ocean views, diving opportunities & a laid-back, intimate feelGreat walks - Hike to the splendid Sendang Gila waterfall and up marvellous Mount Rinjani with a guide
Thatched suites & villas surround a sea-facing swimming pool at this intimate Senggigi resort, which prides itself on encouraging connection to Lombok's culture. Blue embroidered textiles sit atop big beds, and flowers fill tubs in the indulgent, open-air bathrooms of suites & villas. Charming. See More
Origin Lombok Kuta (Lombok) 33 rooms from £105Hideaway - A chic hideaway just two kilometres inland of Kuta, well-suited to trendy travellers looking to kick backTotal relaxation - Unwind with yoga classes, pool swims & rejuvenating massages after big days of hiking and surfingRestaurant - Casual poolside dining with an eclectic menu of fresh fare — including dedicated seafood BBQ eveningsSurfing - Learn to surf or hone your skills on the waves of nearby Gerupuk Bay, with breaks for all abilities
Minimalist rooms & suites with understated interiors featuring natural wood, polished concrete & blue-and-cream linens open to reveal mesmerising pool & garden views at this chic, wellness-focused hideaway. Gather for craft cocktails or celebrations at the lively lounge; a sociable favourite. See More
Segara Lombok Desa Selong Belanak, Lombok 10 rooms from £109Hideaway - Set in a quiet corner of southern Lombok, this is a top spot for switching off & leaving the world behindValue chic - A well-priced collection of beachfront bungalows for couples, friends or familiesSurfing - Ride the waves at Serangan's famous surf spot, just in front of the resortGreat walks - Mountainous Lombok is ideal for adventurers, who can enjoy guided walks through the jungle, spotting wildlife en route
Set near a popular surf point on striking Serangan Beach, Segara is aptly named 'ocean'. This simple collection of thatch-roofed, stone & reclaimed-wood bungalows invites laid-back couples or families to kick back in blissful natural surroundings. A great value base with soul in south Lombok. See More
Selong Selo Lombok, WNT, Lombok 35 rooms from £122Weddings - A beautiful setting for an island wedding, with gourmet cuisine and spectacular ocean and mountain viewsGroups - Chic, contemporary villas with up to seven bedrooms are perfect for fun family or group tripsSurfing - The Mawi and Serangan surf breaks, on either side of the bay, are brilliant for intermediate and advanced surfersGreat walks - Guided hikes through Lombok's beautiful interior are brilliant for outdoorsy types
Beautiful modernist villas & glamping tents sit atop a verdant hillside in southern Lombok. Expect swish spaces with plenty of polished wood, contemporary decor, earthy tones & exceptional views. With up to seven bedrooms in each villa, this is a gorgeous spot for group getaways & island weddings. See More
Ko-Ko-Mo Resort Gili Gede Gili Gede, Lombok 27 rooms from £124Active Holiday - Brilliant for active types of all ages, who can fish, kayak, kite surf, snorkel, dive & play tennis at the resortWeddings - Book the whole resort for a magical wedding celebration, with space for 56 guests in a gorgeous settingFishing - Take one of the hotel's boats out on fishing trips for marlin, tuna and other game fish to catch your evening mealRestaurant - Beachfront restaurant making the most of the property's kitchen garden and local seafood
An under-rated island paradise just five minutes from Lombok by boat, Gili Gede is a tranquil gem. Hide away in one of 27 airy, light-filled rooms & villas with pitched roofs, natural wood & gorgeous ocean views. Some have pools & hot tubs for unwinding after active days. Relaxed, friendly & fun. See More
Jati Villas Kuta (Lombok) 5 rooms from £128Groups - The Two-Bedroom Jati Lombok Villa is great for groups of friends, who will have their own private pool and lounge areasGreat walks - Stroll up Merese Hill for sunset, overlooking Tanjung Aan Bay to one side & Kuta on the otherRomantic Break - Gorgeous one-bedroom villas invite couples to unwind in charming styleSurfing - Speak to the team about surf lessons with expert instructors in Kuta and at nearby breaks
Five century-old teak houses — one with two bedrooms — sit alongside private pools in Jati's lush gardens. Traditional bamboo tiles top pitched roofs, hiding cosy beds with embroidered linens, antique stained glass details & hand-carved statues. An intimate, eco-minded gem in the heart of Kuta. See More
Katamaran Hotel & Resort Senggigi (Indonesia) 129 rooms from £169Beach Life - A beautiful beach resort with striking ocean views from many of the rooms and suites, the infinity pool & the restaurantsFamilies - Two-bedroom villas with private pools are ideal for families — as are the wealth of activities and excursionsCooking classes - Expert-led cooking classes offer a wonderful opportunity to savour Indonesian flavoursGreat walks - Hike to the Benang Stokel and Benang Kelambu waterfalls, in Lombok's interior
An opulent beach resort with expansive suites & villas offering uninterrupted panoramas over tranquil seas. Swish, contemporary interiors boast floor-to-ceiling windows, big beds & free-standing tubs — villas have private pools, too. A bold & luxurious west Lombok resort with all the trimmings. See More
Qunci Villas Lombok 78 rooms from £140Hideaway - Delcicious food, pristine beaches, luxurious villas and pampering spa treatments allow no reason to leave the property!Romantic Break - Private and romantic, think candlelit dining on the beach, outdoor showers and breakfast taken on your private balcony.Birdwatching - Sit out on your private balcony in the lush canopy and watch for the wide variety of local birds.Great walks - The resort faces onto the beautiful Mangsit Beach, perfect for a tranquil early morning walk.
Tugu Hotel Lombok Tanjung, Lombok 36 rooms from £181Honeymoons - Enchanting suites, with stunning views over the bay and achingly romantic couples dining anywhere on the property or the beach.Beach Life - Stroll along picturesque beaches with some of the best diving, surfing and snorkelling anywhere.Cooking classes - Learn the ancient dining and culinary traditions of Lombok with a trip to the local market followed by a cooking class.Surfing - Catch some of the legendary waves of Lembar and Bangko-Bangko.
Jeeva Santai Villas Senggigi (Lombok) 14 rooms from £185Beach Life - Overlooking Senggigi Beach, and offering ocean views from gorgeous suites and villas, this is a top spot for a seaside breakGreat walks - Follow the marked hiking paths along Kerandangan, or trek up to the beautiful Sendang Gile and Tiu Kelep WaterfallWeddings - A stunning choice for seaside weddings, organised by the in-house events team for intimate groups of guestsHotel Entertainment - Private live music and dancing performances can be arranged for a sense of Indonesian culture
Boutique bliss for couples in the form of 14 seaside suites & villas on Senggigi Beach, many of which have private pools & open-air tubs. Big four-poster beds await in spaces with hand-carved furnishings, garden or ocean views & inviting shaded terraces. An intimate island retreat for romantics. See More
Jeeva Klui Resort Senggigi (Lombok) 35 rooms from £235Beach Life - A beautiful beachfront resort, perfect for keen sunbathers and watersports enthusiastsHoneymoons - Private pool villas are perfect for romantic escapes or memorable honeymoonsGreat walks - Follow the scenic Kerandangan hiking path to spot birds amidst the greenery, or hike up volcanic Mount RinjaniDiving - Learn to dive on day trips to the nearby Gili Islands, home to a plethora of diverse marine life
Overlooking an idyllic sandy beach, this classic resort fuses Indonesian charm with timeless luxury in lovely thatched villas — some with private pools. Four-poster beds topped with handwoven textiles boast ocean views, whilst flower-filled bathtubs await in tranquil courtyards. Very romantic. See More
The Oberoi, Lombok North Lombok 50 rooms from £258Hideaway - Nestled in a 24-acre private estate on the blissfully quiet island of Lombok, boasting secluded villas with elegant furnishings.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the glorious spa providing traditional Balinese, Thai, Western and signature Oberoi therapies.Local markets - Explore the market of Tanjung village having arrived in the traditional manner by horse drawn cart.Diving - Make the most of the crystal clear waters from the hotels dedicated PADI certified dive centre.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Luxury tropical resort on a stunning tranquil island. Balinese styled cottages with four poster beds and private balconies with sea or garden views. The hotel boasts a range of romantic dining venues for couples, a glorious spa and whole host of beachside activities. An ideal retreat for couples. See More
The Lombok Lodge Lombok 9 rooms from £265Romantic Break - A hugely romantic boutique bolthole for design-minded travellers dreaming of spa treatments, beach days & delicious cuisineFamilies - Families will adore the large suites, mountain biking, snorkelling, kids' menus & PlaystationsSnorkelling - Take the little ones to snorkel with turtles and colourful fish at beautiful Turtle PointGreat walks - Hikes to volcanic Mount Rinjani and its sacred lake will delight keen adventurersRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Nine minimalist, white-on-white lodges await, overlooking lovely Medana Beach. A favourite with both honeymooners & families, this hip boutique pad promises candlelit gourmet cuisine & a wealth of activities on both land & sea. Soak up the sunshine in style at one of Lombok's most romantic hotels. See More