Search the best hotels in Lombok
Lombok is famously beautiful both in and out of the water. There's spectacular diving, big surf breaks off the south coast, and the coastline has beaches as near tropical idyll as you can imagine. Due to its many obvious attractions, an excellent range of hotels has opened here. From top-end luxury to charming tropical boutiques, there’s something for all tastes and budgets.
Lombok's coastline varies from dramatic volcanic headlands to pristine white sand. The southern coast is becoming famous for its surf breaks. However, Lombok is also a renowned spot for divers and snorkelers. The famed Gili Island group is just off Lombok, rising out of warm, turquoise waters bustling with beautiful sea life. While the deep-water reefs slightly further out are home to sharks, rays and friendly turtles.
On land, Lombok is also a great destination for trekking. Inland is the spectacular Mount Rinjani - Indonesia's second largest volcano, which is a dramatic setting for a day’s hiking. While there's also the crater lake, Segara Anak, surrounded by exotic wildlife, including leopards, cats, monkeys and barking deer. For something a little more relaxing, the tempting natural hot springs in tropical settings can really rival the best spas.
If you're coming in the dry season then be sure to book ahead as the best places to stay in Lombok will get quickly filled up!
The best places to stay in Lombok
- The Qunci Villas is the kind of beach resort you probably daydream about it. Its infinity pool overlooks the sandy beach and ocean beyond, whilst the one and two-storey villas are surrounded by a lush tropical garden. The fact that the villas are well spaced and comfortably proportioned means that this is also one of the best places to stay on Lombok for families.
- The beachside Tugu Hotel Lombok boasts private villas in a tropical setting with typically oriental interiors. You can enjoy romantic dinners at sunset on the beach and, with the advantage of spa facilities, it's a truly dreamy stay.
For a once in a lifetime holiday
- The Oberoi does an excellent job of ticking all the boxes. Accommodation is in thatched roofed villas surrounded by gorgeously landscaped tropical gardens, it's right beside its own private, sandy beach, there's an award-winning spa, you're next door to an 18 hole golf course and easily located for the Gili Islands.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Due to its tropical nature, Lombok's temperature does not change much throughout the year, it's consistently warm! Peak season (the driest months and busiest) is from May through to September. However, the rainy season doesn't experience a huge amount of rainfall, so it's still a very viable option. Expect the island to also be quieter and cheaper at this time.
- Visitors can fly into Lombok Airport, served by a number of destinations in the region. From here, take the bus on towards your finals destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Take another look at our list of all the best places to stay in Lombok.
- Expand your search to the best places to stay in Bali.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lombok
Best Hotels in Lombok
Qunci Villas Lombok 78 rooms from £140Romantic Break - Private and romantic, think candlelit dining on the beach, outdoor showers and breakfast taken on your private balcony.Hideaway - Delcicious food, pristine beaches, luxurious villas and pampering spa treatments allow no reason to leave the property!Birdwatching - Sit out on your private balcony in the lush canopy and watch for the wide variety of local birds.Great walks - The resort faces onto the beautiful Mangsit Beach, perfect for a tranquil early morning walk.
Tugu Hotel Lombok Tanjung, Lombok 36 rooms from £181Honeymoons - Enchanting suites, with stunning views over the bay and achingly romantic couples dining anywhere on the property or the beach.Beach Life - Stroll along picturesque beaches with some of the best diving, surfing and snorkelling anywhere.Cooking classes - Learn the ancient dining and culinary traditions of Lombok with a trip to the local market followed by a cooking class.Surfing - Catch some of the legendary waves of Lembar and Bangko-Bangko.
The Oberoi, Lombok North Lombok 50 rooms from £258Hideaway - Nestled in a 24-acre private estate on the blissfully quiet island of Lombok, boasting secluded villas with elegant furnishings.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the glorious spa providing traditional Balinese, Thai, Western and signature Oberoi therapies.Local markets - Explore the market of Tanjung village having arrived in the traditional manner by horse drawn cart.Diving - Make the most of the crystal clear waters from the hotels dedicated PADI certified dive centre.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Luxury tropical resort on a stunning tranquil island. Balinese styled cottages with four poster beds and private balconies with sea or garden views. The hotel boasts a range of romantic dining venues for couples, a glorious spa and whole host of beachside activities. An ideal retreat for couples. See More