Search the best hotels in Kenmare
Taking its name from the Irish word for 'head of the sea', Kenmare is certainly a striking place to visit. Many refer to it as the 'Jewel in the Ring of Kerry' and it's easy to see why this is the case. Quaint and picturesque, the town is perfect for strolling around, enjoying delicious food and heading into pubs for traditional music sessions. Surrounded by some of Kerry's most stunning scenes, it's a great base for exploring Ireland's most southerly county. Our pick of the best places to stay in Kenmare are ideally located to make the most of this charming town.
Things not to miss:
- The best way to explore Kenmare is on foot. Wander around the town, taking in the friendly atmosphere in local pubs and dropping into the town's charming boutique shops.
- Horse riding trips can be organised by Blackwater Stables.
- Go walking in some of Kerry's stunning nearby mountain ranges such as Macgillycuddy's Reeks, Mangerton Mountain and Caha Mountains.
- Explore the beaches along the Beara Peninsula.
Kenmare is a place where visitors always feel welcome and our selection of the best places to stay in Kenmare put the town's famous hospitality at the fore of their service.
The best places to stay in Kenmare
- Virginia's Guesthouse is a friendly traditional establishment in the heart of town, offering simply furnished rooms with pinewood furniture and carpeted floors. Enjoy a spot of complimentary tea before you begin exploring the area. Great value for money!
- The perfect rural escape, Sallyport House is set within a beautiful country house, offering traditional and cosy rooms adorned with artworks, fireplaces and a library.
- Brook Lane Hotel is a great spot for families looking for somewhere to relax in Kenmare. With excellent rooms, a fine restaurant and an interactive sheep farm, it's great for family fun.
- Overlooking Kenmare Bay, Park Hotel is a stunning five-star establishment. Fusing traditional hospitality style with modern comforts, the hotel has a host of great offerings including an award-winning spa and atmospheric whisky bar.
- Set on a sprawling country estate, Sheen Falls Lodge boasts gorgeous views over the Sheen Falls. This family-friendly 5* luxury establishment offers a pampering spa, sumptuous cuisine and fishing.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Kenmare is Kerry (33 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- For the best chance of good weather, visit from May to September when average highs are around 15 to 18 degrees celsius.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Kenmare.
- Broaden the search to the best places to stay in Kerry.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kenmare
Best Hotels in Kenmare
Virginia's Guesthouse Kenmare 8 rooms from £52Value chicGreat walks - In Killarney National ParkTraditional
Sallyport House Kenmare 5 rooms from £87Views - Stunning views over the orchards to the Caha mountains.Sights nearby - The nearest town, Kenmare, has lots going for it.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays, Fodors
A beautiful old country house in a stunning location on the edge of the River Kenmare and surrounded by mountains. Traditional interiors have cosy fireplaces, a library, lots of books, art on the walls, and charming bedrooms. The perfect spot for a weekend in the fresh air. See More
Brook Lane Hotel Kenmare 20 rooms from £139Local exploring - Abundance of activities on the doorstep, with sea fishing, golf, walks and wildlifeFamilies - Lovely activites for children with Lorge Chocolate Factory and Adopt a Sheep farmDiving - Kenmare Bay Diving Club is located in Lauragh on the spectacular Beara peninsulaFishing - Boat fishing, shore angling or charter a boat on Kenmare BayRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Sheen Falls Lodge Kenmare (County Kerry) 66 rooms from £139Child friendly - The hotel has children's menus, free bikes, board games and a wide selection of DVDsFishing - The hotel has a resident ghillie who can plan residents' fishing expeditions5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa - Easana Wellness & Spa includes sauna, steam room, hot tub, 5 treatment rooms, hair & beauty salon, and a range of therapies.Recommended by - CN Traveller, Relais & Chateaux
Situated amid stunning Kerry countryside with views over the Sheen Falls from almost every room. Family friendly five star luxury country retreat with activities for everyone. Borrow a bike, go fishing with the ghillie or simply relax in the spa then indulge in gourmet Irish cuisine. See More
Park Hotel, Kenmare Kenmare (Co. Kerry,) 46 rooms from £252Spa breaks - The SÁMAS spa is one of Ireland's finest. Embark on a 3hr 'journey' incorporating thermal and holistic treatments.Country Escape - It's all about fires, coastal walks, indulgent food and excellent aged-whiskey.Sailing - Take a seal-spotting boat trip around Kenmare.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
5-star luxury overlooking the Kenmare Bay. Boasting old-school service and traditional style. Individually styled rooms with chintz fabrics and sash windows. Open fires and excellent whiskies ideal post-outdoor activities. An excellent spa. Gourmet cuisine using local produce. Truly spoiling. See More