- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Kenmare
Take it's name from the Irish word for 'head of the sea', Kenmare is certainly a striking place to visit. Many refer to it as the 'Jewel in the Ring of Kerry' and it's easy to see why this is the case. Quaint and picturesque, the town is perfect for rambling around, enjoying delicious food and heading into pubs for traditional music sessions. Surrounded by some of Kerry's most stunning scenes, it's a great base for exploring Ireland's most southerly county. The best places to stay in Kenmare make use of the town's stunning surroundings.
Things not to miss:
- The best way to explore Kenmare is by foot. Wander around the town, taking in the friendly atmosphere in local pubs and dropping into the town's charming boutique shops.
- Horse riding trips can be organised by Blackwater Stables.
- Go walking in some of Kerry's stunning nearby mountain ranges such as Macgillycuddy's Reeks, Mangerton Mountain and Caha Mountains.
- Explore the beaches along the Beara Peninsula.
Kenmare is a place where visitors always feel welcome and our selection of the best places to stay in Kenmare put the town's famous hospitality at the fore of their service.
The best places to stay in Kenmare
- Brook Lane Hotel is a great spot for families looking for somewhere to relax in Kenmare. With excellent rooms, a fine restaurant and an interactive sheep farm, it's great for family fun.
- Overlooking Kenmare Bay, Park Hotel is a stunning five-star establishment. Fusing a traditional hospitality style with modern comforts, the hotel has a host of great offerings including an award-winning spa and atmopsheric whiskey bar.
For a private apartment or cottage
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Kenmare is Kerry (33 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- For the best chance of good weather, visit from May to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Kenmare
Brook Lane Hotel 20 rooms from £140Kenmare
Splendid hotel in the Ring of Kerry. Sumptuous rooms have modern art, dark velvet furnishings and chandeliers. Charming fireplace lounges and excellent restaurant offering locally sourced and organic dishes; unmissable breakfasts. Very friendly staff.Local exploring - Abundance of activities on the doorstep, with sea fishing, golf, walks and wildlifeFamilies - Lovely activites for children with Lorge Chocolate Factory and Adopt a Sheep farmDiving - Kenmare Bay Diving Club is located in Lauragh on the spectacular Beara peninsulaFishing - Boat fishing, shore angling or charter a boat on Kenmare BayRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Park Hotel, Kenmare 46 rooms from £254Kenmare (Co. Kerry,)
5-star luxury overlooking the Kenmare Bay. Boasting old-school service and traditional style. Individually styled rooms with chintz fabrics and sash windows. Open fires and excellent whiskies ideal post-outdoor activities. An excellent spa. Gourmet cuisine using local produce. Truly spoiling.Spa breaks - The SÁMAS spa is one of Ireland's finest. Embark on a 3hr 'journey' incorporating thermal and holistic treatments.Country Escape - It's all about fires, coastal walks, indulgent food and excellent aged-whiskey.Sailing - Take a seal-spotting boat trip around Kenmare.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux