- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Killarney
A charming town perched on the shores of Lough Leane, Killarney is full of character and heritage. Situated on the stunning Ring of Kerry, the town benefits from a beautiful natural situation as well as being home to whole host of fascinating monuments. Initially settled by monks in the 7th century, the town has grown into a popular tourist destination. With more hotel beds than any other Irish town or city other than Dublin, there's plenty of choice but the best places to stay in Killarney all have something that makes them stand out from the rest.
Things not to miss:
- There's plenty to explore in the town. With a strong religious history, it would be hard to visit Killarney without going to St. Mary's Cathedral. Muckross House and Abbey is also well worth having a look at.
- The ancestral home of the O'Donoghue clan, the 15th century Ross Castle is certainly worth visiting.
- The surrounding countryside is full of stunning scenery, not least the well known Ring of Kerry. Explore the Lakes of Killarney and the Gap of Dunloe.
- If your after some good walking, venture into MacGillycuddy's Reeks, Purple Mountain and Mangerton Mountain.
Full of charm and character Killarney is popular for good reason. The best places to stay in Killarney tend to get booked up in the summer months, so get organised and plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Killarney
For stunning views
- Overlooking the Lough Leane, Aghadoe Heights is a superb, modern hotel. With luxurious rooms and divine spa, this a great spot for people looking for a relaxing, indulgent break in Killarney.
For a historic stay
- Set in a beautiful country house just outside Killarney, Cahernane House Hotel is a great choice for people who like to stay in heritage houses. On the edge of Killarney National Park, the hotel offers luxurious rooms, a bounding garden and a superb restaurant.
For town centre location
- Killarney Park Hotel is an impressive establishment in the heart of the town. Boasting comfortable, tastefully furnished rooms, a deluxe spa and a good restaurant, it's a great base from which to unlock the charms of Killarney.
For a private apartment or cottage
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Killarney is Kerry (10 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Ireland is not famous for its good weather but for the best chance of sun, visit from May to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Killarney
Aghadoe Heights 74 rooms from £201Killarney
A contemporary five star luxury hotel with a stunning position overlooking the Atlantic. Gorgeous rooms, with plenty of glass, are simple in design with focus drawn to the impressive views. A spoiling modern spa is worthy of a visit in itself. Excellent cuisine and a trendy bar. A rural treat.Spa breaks - A contemporary award-winning spa featuring a couples room, relaxation room and extensive thermal suite.Country Escape - A 5 star country escape with an impressive placing overlooking the Atlantic coast.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive 15th Century Ross Castle.Sailing - Take a boat trip to the Innisfallen Island.
Cahernane House Hotel 40 rooms from £114Killarney
Exceedingly grand and luxurious country house hotel on the edge of a national park with a most special atmosphere and ambience for business, weddings, and fine dining.Foodies - Award winning restaurant.LuxuryViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Sawdays, Johansens
Killarney Park Hotel 67 rooms from £209Killarney
A luxurious 5 star property in the quaint town of Killarney. Traditionally styled rooms are light and airy with large sash windows, antique furniture and contemporary bathrooms. A spoiling spa and indoor pool are the perfect place to unwind after a day in the great outdoors. Fabulous.Local exploring - Ideally located to enjoy the quintessentially Irish town of Killarney as well as the surrounding countryside.Total relaxation - Complete with fabulous spa, exemplary restaurant and five star service, wish for nothing at this property.Great walks - Explore the Killarney National Park just minutes from the property.Kayaking - Paddle across one of the scenic Lakes of Killarney.