Search the best hotels in Killarney
A charming town perched on the shores of Lough Leane, Killarney is full of character and heritage. Situated on the stunning Ring of Kerry, the town benefits from a beautiful natural setting as well as being home to a whole host of fascinating monuments. Initially settled by monks in the 7th century, the town has grown into a popular tourist destination. With more hotel beds than any other Irish town or city other than Dublin, there's plenty of choice, but our pick of the best places to stay in Killarney all have something that makes them stand out from the crowd.
What not to miss:
- There's plenty to explore in the town. With a strong religious history, it would be hard to visit Killarney without going to St. Mary's Cathedral. Muckross House and Abbey is also well worth having a look at.
- The ancestral home of the O'Donoghue clan, the 15th century Ross Castle is certainly worth visiting.
- The surrounding countryside is full of stunning scenery, not least the well known Ring of Kerry. Explore the Lakes of Killarney and the Gap of Dunloe.
- If you're after some good walking, venture into MacGillycuddy's Reeks, Purple Mountain and Mangerton Mountain.
Full of charm and character Killarney is popular for good reason. The best places to stay in Killarney tend to get booked up in the summer months, so get organised and plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Killarney
For stunning views
- Overlooking the Lough Leane, Aghadoe Heights is a superb, modern hotel. With luxurious rooms and divine spa, this a great spot for people looking for a relaxing, indulgent break in Killarney.
For an historic stay
- Set in a beautiful country house just outside Killarney, Cahernane House Hotel is a great choice for people who like to stay in heritage properties. On the edge of Killarney National Park, the hotel offers luxurious rooms, a charming garden and a superb restaurant.
For town centre location
- Killarney Park Hotel is an impressive establishment in the heart of the town. Boasting comfortable, tastefully furnished rooms, a deluxe spa and a good restaurant, it's a great base from which to unlock the charms of Killarney.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Killarney is Kerry (10 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Ireland is not famous for its good weather but for the best chance of sun and warm days, visit from May to September.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Killarney
Victoria House Hotel Killarney 33 rooms from £73Foodies - With an acclaimed restaurant onsite serving the best in locally sourced ingredients, foodies are well looked-after at this hotelFamilies - Family suites at this hotel are perfect for parents travelling with children, and there is a kids' menu in the restaurant, tooLocal exploring - With Killarney town centre and a national park close by, there is lots to explore local to this hotelGreat walks - Go walking in the Killarney National Park, a beautiful area of natural beauty and the first national park in IrelandRecommended by - Tablet
This smart, family-run hotel is tucked away in Killarney, Ireland. The individually dressed guestrooms are comfortable and stylish with contemporary interior design; opt for a luxury suite for an indulgent jacuzzi bath. Dine at the hotel's award-winning restaurant after a day sightseeing in Kerry. See More
Randles Hotel Killarney 75 rooms from £106Country Escape - With fine-dining, an indulgent spa and easy access to the national park this is a luxury country breakGreat walks - Explore the numerous hiking trails through the mountains of the national parkSpa - Zen Day Spa offers a wide range of holistic treatments and massages.Kayaking - Admire the coastline on a kayak from the sea
A luxurious hotel set in the town of Killarney which borders Killarney National park. Traditionally dressed rooms feature a choice selection of antiques set with chintz fabrics. A spoiling spa will soothe any aching muscles from an activity-filled day and the fine-dining restaurant is a real treat. See More
Killarney Royal Hotel Killarney (County Kerry) 32 rooms from £155Local exploring - Set in the charming town of Killarney, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in and around County KerryActive Holiday - There are great outdoors activities on this stretch of Ireland's west coast, from hiking to climbing and golfRomantic Break - Couples love the classic interiors at this boutique bolt-hole; book a luxury suite for added indulgenceSights nearby - Visit the beautiful Muckross House and Gardens, a Victorian manor house which now houses a museum
This stately boutique hotel boasts a privileged location in the centre of the vibrant town of Killarney in Ireland. Opulent guestrooms are dressed in a regal palette and are peppered with antiques; book a suite for a luxurious living room. Dine in the elegant Candle Room Restaurant; a stylish hotel. See More
Cahernane House Hotel Killarney 40 rooms from £156Foodies - Award winning restaurant.LuxuryViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Sawdays
Aghadoe Heights Killarney 74 rooms from £201Spa breaks - A contemporary award-winning spa featuring a couples room, relaxation room and extensive thermal suite.Country Escape - A 5 star country escape with an impressive placing overlooking the Atlantic coast.Private Hot Tub - Book the Penthouse Suite for a private terrace with outdoor hot tub and wonderful views!Sights nearby - Visit the impressive 15th Century Ross Castle.
A contemporary five star luxury hotel with a stunning position overlooking the Lough Leane. Gorgeous rooms, with plenty of glass, are simple in design with focus drawn to the impressive views. A spoiling modern spa is worthy of a visit in itself. Excellent cuisine and a trendy bar. A rural treat. See More
Killarney Park Hotel Killarney 67 rooms from £191Local exploring - Ideally located to enjoy the quintessentially Irish town of Killarney as well as the surrounding countryside.Total relaxation - Complete with fabulous spa, exemplary restaurant and five star service, wish for nothing at this property.Great walks - Explore the Killarney National Park just minutes from the property.Kayaking - Paddle across one of the scenic Lakes of Killarney.
A luxurious 5 star property in the quaint town of Killarney. Traditionally styled rooms are light and airy with large sash windows, antique furniture and contemporary bathrooms. A spoiling spa and indoor pool are the perfect place to unwind after a day in the great outdoors. Fabulous. See More