- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Tipperary
Tipperary is probably most famous because of the First World War marching song: "It's a long, long way to Tipperary" but it's got much more going for it than just that. As a county it's famous for its beautiful glens and picturesque mountains as well as the iconic Rock of Cashel. The best places to stay in Tipperary tend to be rural and often are set in some of the county's historic houses.
Things not to miss:
- The Rock of Cashel is arguably Tipperary most famous sight. Dating back to 1100, the former seat of the Kings of Munster, now stands abandoned and imposing against the skyline.
- Go mountain climbing in Tipperary up well-named peaks such as the Devil's Bit, Galtymore and Slievenamon.
- Tipperary is home to a number of famous castles such as Ormond Castle and Redwoode Castle.
The best places to stay in Tipperary tend to make good use of the counties glorious green surroundings.
The best places to stay in Tipperary
For a country escape
- Mobarnane House is a set on a beautiful rolling estate near Cashel. A Georgian house featuring lovely rooms, period furnishings and interesting artwork, it's a great base from which to explore Tipperary.
For a private apartment or house
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Tipperary is Shannon (43 miles).
- For car hire visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Tipperary is from June to September. Ireland isn't famous for its good weather, the but the summer is the best chance to catch a break in the clouds.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Tipperary
Killaloe Station House 2 rooms from £132Killaloe, Tipperary
A luxurious B&B boasting an enviable location overlooking the river Shannon. Elegant rooms are light and airy with softly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and spacious bathrooms. Indulgent breakfasts are served and the welcome is ever warm. A tranquil spot from which to explore the region.Local exploring - The surrounding countryside offers a host of activities.Sailing - Hire a boat and take a tranquil cruise up the river.Great walks - Killaloe has a plethora of picturesque loop walks.Full of character
Mobarnane House 5 rooms from £66Co. Tipperary
A homely country estate B&B, set in acres of stunning parkland with a lake. Gorgeous rooms and suites with elegant furnishings, floor to ceiling windows and lake views. Excellent lunch and dinner on request. The ideal spot for total complete relaxation.Traditional - An historic 18th Century Georgian Country House.Sights nearby - Just 7 miles from the Rock of Cashel.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Frommers