Search the best hotels in County Tipperary
About County Tipperary
Tipperary is probably most famous because of the First World War marching song: "It's a long, long way to Tipperary" but it has got much more going for it than just that. As a county it's famous for its beautiful glens and picturesque mountains as well as the iconic Rock of Cashel. The best places to stay in Tipperary tend to be rural and are often set in some of the county's most beautiful historic houses.
Things not to miss:
- The Rock of Cashel is arguably Tipperary's most famous sight. Dating back to 1100, the former seat of the Kings of Munster, now stands abandoned and imposing against the skyline.
- Go mountain climbing in Tipperary up well-named peaks such as the Devil's Bit, Galtymore and Slievenamon.
- Tipperary is home to a number of famous castles such as Ormonde Castle and Redwood Castle.
Use our guide to the best places to stay in Tipperary and start to plan your trip to this stunning part of Ireland.
The best places to stay in Tipperary
For a private apartment or house
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Tipperary is Shannon (43 miles) and trains run from Dublin to Tipperary station (the speed of the trains really vary so be sure to book one of the fast ones).
- For car hire visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Tipperary is from June to September. Ireland isn't famous for its good weather, but the summer is the best chance to catch a break in the clouds.
Still not sure?
- Browse the best places to stay in Tipperary.
- Expand the search and have a look at the best places to stay in Ireland.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.